Conquer Club

The Village of Secrets [GAME OVER] Werewolves Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Village of Secrets [15/15] DAY 1

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Whatsausage wrote:
X-Stor-X wrote: Besides that have any other questions for me?

Since you have asked that more than once, I have one. What is your read on yourself so far?

silly question
obviously im town
Major StorrZerg

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:37 pm

HotShot53 wrote:My vote was a half joke vote/half I don't know what else to do with my vote since as you said, how else are you going to decide who to pressure first?
By someone doing something "serious" and others reacting to it. For example: X-Stor-X requested to end the joke vote phase. You responded by joining with others to turn on him for it. Subsequently I voted for you to observed your reaction to me doing so. Let's see what I got.
HotShot53 wrote:I think it's amazing anyone claims or gets lynched in these games, since it's apparently a crime to make the 3rd or 4th vote on someone. While yes, sometimes scum could bandwagon to get a quick lynch, I think often it's town who are just convinced by previous arguments on the person enough to want to see a claim. I mean isn't that the whole point of an argument is to convince other people to join you in voting that person? Sorry for the little rant, I'm just often afraid of voting for cases that I think have decent merit just because I know if I do that 2-3 times I'll get railroaded as a bandwagonner...
You start off with what I am going to characterise as an attempt to garner sympathy.
HotShot53 wrote:My vote was a half joke vote/half I don't know what else to do with my vote since as you said, how else are you going to decide who to pressure first? I did ask the question you were going to ask, and as I stated when I made the vote, he wanted pressure on someone, so I gave it to him. Since by his posts since then I'm guessing he is probably more likely town, I will unvote
Next you try to downplay the significance of your vote and retract it. In asking that particular question you seem to have missed what exactly happened when X-Stor-X requested an end to joke voting; it ended, albeit not everyone caught on at the same rate.
Captain spiesr

Postby Whatsausage on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:04 pm

X-Stor-X wrote:
Whatsausage wrote:
X-Stor-X wrote: Besides that have any other questions for me?

Since you have asked that more than once, I have one. What is your read on yourself so far?

silly question
obviously im town

Obviously :roll:
Colonel Whatsausage

Postby Whatsausage on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Perhaps this is a better question for you x-stor-x, what separates Jonty talking about two people and Lootifer talking about two people? (I know this is just one of your points)
Colonel Whatsausage

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Well i have not read much up on lootifer. besides that nothing has "stood out" yet for him. Atm its more of what i know of Jonty than what i know of Lootifer.
As for Lootifer, he is missing information. He has miss used information. Such can happen as any alignment. It comes down to how serious he is about his case, and how much he pushes. What i can say from his post, it does look as if he is scum hunting, searching for the enemy. (same could be said for jonty, how ever jonty has quite a different history with day 1 play style).

Jonty, i have played with before so i have some back story to him. His big post REALLY stood out as a HUGE difference in his last game. So i looked up some previous games, saw what he normally does when he is TOWN on day 1 both as VT and Role. And in both those games, he played very similar to the game i was in with him previously. (opening day 1 again).

For more back story, i was abrasive, i was rude, i was controlling in my previous game. Jonty stayed relatively passive in that game, and even jumped onto a vote that i pushed. So for him in this game to flip character strikes a cord with me.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:02 pm

@whatsausage back to you, you have asked now can you tell?
what do you think of spiesr
Major StorrZerg

Postby Lootifer on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Blergh (re: "around here").

unvote.

I still think you are being suspiciously controlled, but thats not particularly alignment indictitive.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Whatsausage on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:20 pm

X-Stor-X wrote:@whatsausage back to you, you have asked now can you tell?
what do you think of spiesr

An interesting question, as it appears he is playing his own game in "targeting" (using that term loosely) hotshot. Other than a couple posts about that he hasn't done much. So I don't have much of a read on him. I doubt he has a vendetta against hotshot, but I find it interesting that no one else has commented on hotshot except for him. Granted I haven't either, but I don't see much of a case there. It appears that spiesr was fishing for a reaction, and laid out what he got, with no input on it. And now I am doing the same about him it appears. (Laying it out, not fishing for a reaction.) So I don't see anything scummy with what spiesr has done so far.

I think the game is starting to slow down again. I think that means it is time to really apply pressure.

Coming into the game, my thought as this is my first game as town (Emotions is the only other game I have played here) that scum would have a similar mindset to mine in that game, of any lynch is a good lynch, so it is a good idea to make cases against as many people as possible. So the closest I have seen to that is probably jonty, with outing both jak and anark, without really trying to clear either. (Not to say scum hunting is bad, but this is the most fishy so far) so vote jonty to begin pressure raising
Colonel Whatsausage

Official Vote Count 1.2

Postby superkeener on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:44 am

Official Vote Count 1.2

Anarkistsdream (2): jak111, rishaed
HotShot53 (1): spiesr
Iron Butterfly (0):
jak111 (1): jonty125
Jmac1026 (0):
jonty125 (3): Iron Butterfly, X-Stor-X, Whatsausage
kgb007 (1): HotShot53
Lootifer (0):
MudPuppy (0):
rishaed (0):
Roger Dodger (0):
spiesr (0):
virus90 (0):
Whatsausage (1): Roger Dodger
X-Stor-X (1): Anarkistsdream

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting: virus90, Jmac1026, MudPuppy, kgb007, Lootifer,

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch. If 8 votes are not reached by the deadline, then the first player with 6+ votes will be lynched.

Deadline for Day 1 is April 03, 2014.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby Roger Dodger on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:10 am

unvote whatsausage
So, I sticka my tonga at all youa.

Proud Member of XI Games
Private Roger Dodger

Postby Roger Dodger on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:50 am

ok, i am trying to get back into the swing of things so, with that said, Out of everything i have read so far, this statement makes the most sense..

So i had the experience of playing with Jonty in my previous game. (he has yet flipped ) And just from that i know something has changed for him. I took a quick look at his posts in
Emotions Mafia (survives to end as VTown)
viewtopic.php?f=213&t=202851&sk=a&start=90
And A Cino Filled Mafia (2 time cop dies night 6)

In both these games we see similar opening. Joking a bit mixed with lots of down time. It takes several days for Jonty to "decided" on anything it seems.
(i would include the previous game on BB, still no idea what he is, but he did end up voting with a simple 1 liner for a reason and stayed quiet) The importance of him in BB and this game is the drastic change in behavior.
I am also backing this up with the 2 previous links. He is clearly Changed his play style, and is doing something DIFFERENT. With 2 previous games of flipping town, a VT and a Power role. Leads me to believe he is not playing his normal townie game. This i find Scummy.

Now we have his case, this is a scummy case coming from Jonty for a few reasons.
1. as touched before it is DIFFERENT than his normal play.
a. it is the longest case i've scene him make early on day 1.
b. it is the most in depth case i've read from him on day 1
2. He talks about 2 people, about how the actions have come how silly they are etc. And in the end it seems he is flipping a coin as to who he is voting. (how ever he does give slight reason for the difference that does look better for jonty )

I think when u change the way you play the game says a lot about what role you play. I have not played with Jonty and i could be wrong but, my gut is saying that this could be right.

VOTE JONTY

I am sticking to this until someone says different.

Proud Member of XI Games
Private Roger Dodger

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am

That's a good observation on Jonty, X-stor-X. He wrote more in his 1 post (not counting the correction) here than he did in all of the Emotions game (short game). I think your case has merit... that said, I was certainly encouraging him to participate more in the Emotions game and I liked his first post in this game. I'm not sure I want to jump on a bandwagon started by a joke vote and followed by a meta scum read based on a single post. While I definitely agree with the difference in style witnessed here, I am hesitant to "reward" his decision to jump into the mix with pressure. For now, I'd rather note the change and encourage him to keep participating. I'm not ready to vote just yet... going to try to review a bit more in depth, hopefully tonight, and see if anything else pops out.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:52 pm

jak111 wrote:I explain that I would of easily taken it off if it was not for Anark's reaction, and my crummy case turned out into a good lead for a Day 1 with no info. ;)

Well we can't prove that, and I've seen this happen before, and making a poor case, deliberately, to gauge reaction, I can see how it benefits town, but also, it could be a cover-up, and, then we could end up with the saga, jak makes poor case, Nark/or anyone votes jak for the poor case, jak responds it was to test the waters, and see who bandwagoned. Personally, I am of the opinion say what you mean, and mean what you say, and the case was poor so I'm sticking to my guns, not that I'm going to last much longer here.

So now on, to the wagon on myself, first member IB, a jokevote I believe. And to quote Roger Dodger "nuff said".
Next, the case on X-Stor-X, the long and the short of it, this is against my meta, and to be honest, it is, and it isn't. I'll only say things when I've got an opinion and usually on D1/D2, I don't there isn't enough evidence, but this time there was, and I've been through all that. The other votes are agreeing/trusting in X-Stor-X. APART FROM, Whatsausage, who says I'm scummy for making two cases simultaneously, so if we use that logic X-Stor-X is scum PERIOD. (reference to the BB game).

The case against me is indefensible, I accept it as a case, and would claim at L-2.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Would you mind linking a previous game where you went agro early game?

The last bit of your post bothers me "case against me is indefensible, if people wagon i'll claim"

You state this isn't against your meta. You imply you have done this before. I would assume the first thing one would do, would be to talk about a previous game where this happened.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Jmac1026 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 pm

A lynch (or even a case) based completely on someone's meta is something I really could not support. Especially when the pseudo-meta is "he is posting way more than he normally does." That just seems ridiculous.
Private 1st Class Jmac1026

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:02 pm

jonty125 wrote:
jak111 wrote:I explain that I would of easily taken it off if it was not for Anark's reaction, and my crummy case turned out into a good lead for a Day 1 with no info. ;)

The quote he says he does not mind claiming basically.

I am not saying my first case against him wasn't poor, it's Day 1, every single case that first happens will ALWAYS be poor, no matter how to try it, but the reaction to that poor case created a more solid case that we can push on for more information.

But what I see from you is you're trying to defend Anark without openly doing so, placing misconceptions in my case against him here and there. So I think you know something about him that we do not and that makes a claim from you something that may lead to more information on Anark, in which I am in favour of. This vote is not because of you on me but the fact that you seem to be defending Anark as much as you can without openly doing so.

So with this, Unvote, Vote Jonty
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Jmac1026 wrote:A lynch (or even a case) based completely on someone's meta is something I really could not support. Especially when the pseudo-meta is "he is posting way more than he normally does." That just seems ridiculous.

i know it is day 1, but it is not simply as you describe it.
His behavior IS different. There are DIFFERENT things about him RIGHT now.

And it is not him posting MORE, so please be re read the case and his response...
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

@ Jmac1026 how do you feel about his willingness to claim?
Major StorrZerg

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Roger Dodger wrote:ok, i am trying to get back into the swing of things so, with that said, Out of everything i have read so far, this statement makes the most sense..

So i had the experience of playing with Jonty in my previous game. (he has yet flipped ) And just from that i know something has changed for him. I took a quick look at his posts in
Emotions Mafia (survives to end as VTown)
viewtopic.php?f=213&t=202851&sk=a&start=90
And A Cino Filled Mafia (2 time cop dies night 6)

In both these games we see similar opening. Joking a bit mixed with lots of down time. It takes several days for Jonty to "decided" on anything it seems.
(i would include the previous game on BB, still no idea what he is, but he did end up voting with a simple 1 liner for a reason and stayed quiet) The importance of him in BB and this game is the drastic change in behavior.
I am also backing this up with the 2 previous links. He is clearly Changed his play style, and is doing something DIFFERENT. With 2 previous games of flipping town, a VT and a Power role. Leads me to believe he is not playing his normal townie game. This i find Scummy.

Now we have his case, this is a scummy case coming from Jonty for a few reasons.
1. as touched before it is DIFFERENT than his normal play.
a. it is the longest case i've scene him make early on day 1.
b. it is the most in depth case i've read from him on day 1
2. He talks about 2 people, about how the actions have come how silly they are etc. And in the end it seems he is flipping a coin as to who he is voting. (how ever he does give slight reason for the difference that does look better for jonty )

I think when u change the way you play the game says a lot about what role you play. I have not played with Jonty and i could be wrong but, my gut is saying that this could be right.

VOTE JONTY

I am sticking to this until someone says different.

1) You have never played with Jonty. Your own words.
2) Basing a Meta on a game like Emotions will tell you nothing. I played that game as Town. We lost day two because of its complete imbalance.
3) There is a huge difference between playing with/against to establish a meta and reading a game in archives.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm

IB, those are my words not his. he failed at quoting

His words are at the top
"ok, i am trying to get back into the swing of things so, with that said, Out of everything i have read so far, this statement makes the most sense.."

and the bottom

"I think when u change the way you play the game says a lot about what role you play. I have not played with Jonty and i could be wrong but, my gut is saying that this could be right.

VOTE JONTY

I am sticking to this until someone says different."

So with this change, do you want to redirect the question to myself?
Major StorrZerg

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

I was not asking a question so much as I was commenting.

The Meta's we place on others is based on personal perceptions. One can not create a Meta of someone without playing with them in my opinion. reading the archives does not do it.

"I think when u change the way you play the game says a lot about what role you play. I have not played with Jonty and i could be wrong but, my gut is saying that this could be right."

The above quote makes no sense in the first sentence. The second sentence says they have not played with Jonty AND they could be wrong BUT their gut says its right.

They may as well have writen, "I am going to take a wild guess and Vote Jonty. I could be right or I could be wrong."

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Roger Dodger on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Well maybe I'm wrong but, what is right and what is wrong? The fact here is that at this point everyone is suspect. Sometimes u gotta shake the tree and see what falls. Regardless, I am sticking to my vote. Now, by being defensive of Jonty, could u all be part of the team to make this town mafia land? I will look back at Jonty other games and see if it is in fact a true statement. Vote stays.

Proud Member of XI Games
Private Roger Dodger

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I was not asking a question so much as I was commenting.

The Meta's we place on others is based on personal perceptions. One can not create a Meta of someone without playing with them in my opinion. reading the archives does not do it.

"I think when u change the way you play the game says a lot about what role you play. I have not played with Jonty and i could be wrong but, my gut is saying that this could be right."

The above quote makes no sense in the first sentence. The second sentence says they have not played with Jonty AND they could be wrong BUT their gut says its right.

They may as well have writen, "I am going to take a wild guess and Vote Jonty. I could be right or I could be wrong."

THE SECOND PART IS MY QUOTE THAT HE FAILED TO QUOTE CORRECTLY ffs are you not reading my posts????
my last post explained his post.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:05 pm

ignore that i wasn't reading your post correctly.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Sorry folks. Last two days have been hell. Let me shower, eat dinner and be with my wife a little... then I will get on here and post through everything that has been going on
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives