Conquer Club

CYOC: TDT [6/22] Game Over! FREEDOM!!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC: TDT [8/22] D4: Guises and Guiles

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:39 pm

edocsil wrote:
Where was this info fucking days ago? You KNEW there were 2 cults if you got doom's color back and knew it was different from rodion's. And you didn't say it? One cult is horrifying for town, but 2 is just making it GG for town unless they are killed in just a few days into the game. Explain this shit.

Until doom raised the possibility of 2 cults, I never even thought of checking the color, I was just like "good, found the other cult member". But now that I have, and it fits his story... I have to believe it unless a better explanation comes up.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Pancake could have all cult results under the same color even if recruits are a different color than recruiter but Ockham's Razor would suggest two cults at this point. Unvote for now. My first thought as to the recruiter is the same as yesterday (KGB with Sheep as the other member of Doom's cult). If not KGB, Hotshot and Edoc would be my next two. With Spiesr as a possible recruit.

As far as me. I didn't want to say it aloud because it doesn't work as well if the plan is known in advance but think about my role, I can redirect any role to where I want it to go. This is a very provable role.

As far as using failed recruitments to test who is mafia. 1. Usually a cult leader would die when trying to recruit mafia for that very reason. 2. I would have no way to know for certain that Whatsausage was mafia and not a member of the other cult. 3. I was given a gift, I was actually the first person to confirm that there was a gifter. but that's all I know and anyone who received a gift could confirm that. Maybe I could have gotten a gifted doctor protection or a role block and lied about it being an investigation but the problem is most gifters know what they gift. If I lied about receiving an investigation and the gifter knew I lied, I would have screwed myself over for what was a gain that I could have potentially gotten in another way. Ex:

1. Make a case against Whatsausage-I can't confirm that I would be able to formulate a strong one but I personally don't feel I am a bad mafia player so I am sure I could come up with something.
2. Make a vague statement that I got the result through my own ability-this isn't as good as it leads to two potential complications. a. Cop thinks I am soft claiming and counter claims. b. I instantly get to the top of the mafia hit list.
3. Make a "If Whatsausage isn't scum you can lynch me tomorrow" statement. I don't like these but it almost certainly would be worth the risk entailed.

1 & 3 at the very least would be less risky than claiming a fake investigation result.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:04 pm

kgb007 wrote:One way or the other, Doom needs to go for Town to win

I'm open not overkilling Doom and lynching someone else if we can get enough discussion going.

also unvote

So Edoc, that's my horse, what say ye?

FP'd by Edoc

I say that I am gone for the weekend, and intend to kill a cultist with the hot potato upon my return, and I don't trust anyone else on the list to kill Doom at the absolute last second. Since I have to afk this weekend, the three post rule will not be a big deal for me.

That being said, I will only post once between now and Monday (I get back LATE Sunday) so if there is a vote that needs to be placed I will have to do it fairly quickly.

HotShot53 wrote:
edocsil wrote:
Where was this info fucking days ago? You KNEW there were 2 cults if you got doom's color back and knew it was different from rodion's. And you didn't say it? One cult is horrifying for town, but 2 is just making it GG for town unless they are killed in just a few days into the game. Explain this shit.

Until doom raised the possibility of 2 cults, I never even thought of checking the color, I was just like "good, found the other cult member". But now that I have, and it fits his story... I have to believe it unless a better explanation comes up.

This is just careless if true. Remember this in future games if you genuinely made a mistake, but I'm still calling you out as a recruit.

9. Spiesr
17. kgb007
19. Edocsil
20. Sheepofdumb

Assuming Doom isn't lying about his gift/inv on me, these are the people who can be CL by my list. I won't vote myself, I won't hang a claimed doc, and I don't think Spiesr is CL so I will unvote vote sheep

Spiesr is my #2 for CL, if my guess is wrong today. Anyone who says strike is CL is an idiot. His role is verifiable, and anyone who believes Doom's theories about Strike's inv is a raging noob who has never played in a game with cult and mafia both before. (no offense Doom)
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby kgb007 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Can you explain how SW's role is verifiable for the uninitiated?
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:36 pm

edocsil wrote:
9. Spiesr
17. kgb007
19. Edocsil
20. Sheepofdumb

Assuming Doom isn't lying about his gift/inv on me, these are the people who can be CL by my list. I won't vote myself, I won't hang a claimed doc, and I don't think Spiesr is CL so I will unvote vote sheep

Spiesr is my #2 for CL, if my guess is wrong today. Anyone who says strike is CL is an idiot. His role is verifiable, and anyone who believes Doom's theories about Strike's inv is a raging noob who has never played in a game with cult and mafia both before. (no offense Doom)

I got a town result on spiesr, so he definitely isn't the CL. You were cleared by betiko, who flipped town, so I'm assuming you aren't either. However, you sure are acting to protect strike very strongly, which could make you a recruit of his.

kgb007 wrote:Can you explain how SW's role is verifiable for the uninitiated?

The only verifiable way is if a kill was redirected... otherwise, I don't see how it's verifiable either.
Major HotShot53

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:38 pm

edocsil wrote:Spiesr is my #2 for CL, if my guess is wrong today. Anyone who says strike is CL is an idiot. His role is verifiable, and anyone who believes Doom's theories about Strike's inv is a raging noob who has never played in a game with cult and mafia both before. (no offense Doom)

Can you explain how a mafia role (useless to town) ended up as cult then?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Redirecting Doomyoshi's role gift, any redirected kill, redirecting Jonty's watch...to name a few ways.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:30 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
edocsil wrote:
9. Spiesr
17. kgb007
19. Edocsil
20. Sheepofdumb

I got a town result on spiesr, so he definitely isn't the CL. You were cleared by betiko, who flipped town, so I'm assuming you aren't either. However, you sure are acting to protect strike very strongly, which could make you a recruit of his.

kgb007 wrote:Can you explain how SW's role is verifiable for the uninitiated?

The only verifiable way is if a kill was redirected... otherwise, I don't see how it's verifiable either.

Watching, tracking, game effecting results. It's way too ballsy a claim to fake. I will literally bet anything that Strike isn't CL, I know him way too well. All it takes is one track or watch or failed redirect that he hasn't accounted for to get himself killed by the majority, and there is simply no reason for him to to do that. There are dozens of better fakes that have less impact on night actions that he could pick from if he was CL. Masoner (pick a few dead guys and then one cultist to back you up), watcher, PGO in some set ups (not here), cop (pick a sanity problem and really f*ck with people), Bodyguard is sometimes an OK fake, but you need to explain why you did your actions, same as a doc. Shit, if the Cult is close to winning just claim vig, lynch the counterclaim with your solid cult base and then win that night from numbers. This is why I think its bad to be doing a mass claim at the moment, it's SO damn easy for a coordinated cult to manipulate people when they know who is what.

Now raise your hand if you have visited a cultist?

Oh, I've visited both the aage and doom. I just wasn't tracked. f*ck me, I bet every living person with a targeting night action has targeted cult. And the town is dumb enough to sheep about (heh) and think that there is a valid case here?

If you wanted to verify Strike's ability really publicly, you would need the vig to claim and have him declare a target or to have more people claim night actions and see how it falls out, however I am going to assume that you all see why this is a bad idea. None the less he has had total town cred the entire game, has a decent claim that is hard to fake and several other factors indicating that he is not the CL, which is the only person we should be interested in lynching at this moment.

FP
strike wolf wrote:Redirecting Doomyoshi's role gift, any redirected kill, redirecting Jonty's watch...to name a few ways.

Like I said, verifiable.

DoomYoshi wrote:
edocsil wrote:Spiesr is my #2 for CL, if my guess is wrong today. Anyone who says strike is CL is an idiot. His role is verifiable, and anyone who believes Doom's theories about Strike's inv is a raging noob who has never played in a game with cult and mafia both before. (no offense Doom)

Can you explain how a mafia role (useless to town) ended up as cult then?

CYOC, random alignment. And Hammer plus HF is powerful for ANY faction.

Oh, and I forgot spiesr got flipped town by you, my apologies. Spiesr, that's my horse. Throw it back or keep it to hammer doom, idc.
Edoc'sil

Postby sheepofdumb on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Did you guys have to use the gifts that night or could you hold on to them?
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm

sheepofdumb wrote:Did you guys have to use the gifts that night or could you hold on to them?

I do not know about Doomyoshi's gift but mine was one night only and I believe Betiko said the same thing about at least one of his gifts. Spiesr also received a gift though I don't think he indicated that it was limited to that night, based on experience I would guess that it was limited.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:20 am

I am going to be out of town for Father's Day weekend.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:47 am

before leaving. Vote sheep Sheep is likely Doom's fellow cult or he could be another anti-town role. He is not my first choice but voting him does tie the vote and self-preservation is part of my motivation right now.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:15 am

Sheep and strike are the main suspects for being the other cult leader... and if we guess wrong (or it's someone else), then it's probably game over tonight. So we don't really have a free night to test strike's claim.

Yes, strike has always had good town cred... but a CL starts with the same info as townies, and also wants to kill mafia, so it's not that hard to pretend to be town and hunting scum. The confirmed visit of rodion is too suspicious for me, so I will have to stick with my vote on strike. Plus edoc's impassioned defense of strike sounds like a recruit protecting his leader, to be honest.
Major HotShot53

Postby sheepofdumb on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:10 am

strike wolf wrote:before leaving. Vote sheep Sheep is likely Doom's fellow cult or he could be another anti-town role. He is not my first choice but voting him does tie the vote and self-preservation is part of my motivation right now.

I believed your claim because it's verifiable but you throw out an OMGUS vote motivated by self-preservation. That's quite the scum tell.

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:50 pm

vote sheep I don't believe the claim & between sheep and SW I'd rather see sheep hang.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:02 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Plus edoc's impassioned defense of strike sounds like a recruit protecting his leader, to be honest.

You do realize how insulting this is, right? This is 80% WIFOM and 100% total shit.

sheepofdumb wrote:
strike wolf wrote:before leaving. Vote sheep Sheep is likely Doom's fellow cult or he could be another anti-town role. He is not my first choice but voting him does tie the vote and self-preservation is part of my motivation right now.

I believed your claim because it's verifiable but you throw out an OMGUS vote motivated by self-preservation. That's quite the scum tell.

If he isn't the CL, self preservation is vital right? If he is town it means if he is lynched it could likely be good game for the town given cult numbers.
Edoc'sil

Postby sheepofdumb on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:03 am

Spiesr has been rather quiet later. Personally I think he's the perfect candidate for cult leader. He rezzed the watcher but Jonty was the only decent townie to rez. Personally I do believe SW but his vote on me was really scummy. We don't have a full picture yet. A mass claim is going to be the only way town will win. Doom is orange cult, he's not a current threat. If I was part of his cult, which I'm not, there still wouldn't be any chance of us winning. But there is the green cult leader on the loose and people haven't claimed yet. A mislynch is going to give the cult a win. Even if the cult know the town roles the town can still verify actions every day, increasing the chances of catching the cult leader.

Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby pancakemix on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:17 am

Vote Count

Edoc - 1 (Doom)
Sheep - 3 (edoc, SW, jonty)
Strike - 1 (Sheep)

Spiesr is currently without a horse

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is June 16 at 2 PM ET.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:30 am

kgb, that's my horse. I think that you will have a chance to pass it again before the day ends. And since I don't trust Strikewolf any more you are the only pass option.
sheepofdumb wrote:Spiesr has been rather quiet later. Personally I think he's the perfect candidate for cult leader.
Hotshot has claimed an innocent investigation on me from Night 2. As such, in order for me to be the cult leader either he would have to be my recruit or I would need investigation immunity. (DoomYoshi, did aage have it?) While these things are possible I don't think they are likely enough to make me the best target for today. I think that right now we have to operate under the assumption that the various investigations were not compromised as it is the only way we have to narrow the search for the cult leader. If Hotshot and Betiko are lying/wrong about their results then I think we have pretty much lost.
Anyhow, since a claim has sort of been requested here you go. I am Ed the Undying, Town X-Shot Unkillable the first X times I am lynched or killed I don't die. If killed after that I become a stump. I would rather not reveal X at this time.
Captain spiesr

Postby sheepofdumb on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 am

Right, I should have taken notes. I swear I haven't been skimming. My mind is usually a steel trap for text. Moving to the other side of the country was a pretty big distraction. Anyways, I have no idea who the other leader is. I can tell you it isn't me. Lynching Doom will give town a night to breath. Unvote vote Doom

Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 pm

sheepofdumb wrote: Lynching Doom will give town a night to breath.

Have you forgotten what LYLO is?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:19 pm

pancakemix wrote:Vote Count

Edoc - 1 (Doom)
Sheep - 3 (edoc, SW, jonty)
Strike - 1 (Sheep)

Spiesr is currently without a horse

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is June 16 at 2 PM ET.

I'm pretty sure my vote was still on strike... seems to be missing here though.

Although sheep has also been posting pretty scummy lately... so I'm still flipping a coin between which of them is more likely a CL. At the moment I am still leaning toward strike, so I will vote strike to make sure it gets recorded this time.

(And sorry if I'm not as active the last few days/this week... I'm on vacation in florida and my family doesn't like me sitting on the computer all day while we're on vacation lol. But I should be able to keep up with things and post somewhat regularly anyway)
Major HotShot53

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:26 am

unvote vote sheep

Don't want to miss the deadline.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby kgb007 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

Doom, that's my horse

And I'll also hammer sheep so Doom doesn't have the chance to pass back to anyone

vote sheep

there's overlap in claims betweens spiesr and sheep but at this point, we're not going to get a new case going on anyone else so let's hope there isn't a second cult or sheep is the CL..
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 am

Back from the weekend. Seems I missed the hammer though.

kgb007 wrote:Doom, that's my horse

And I'll also hammer sheep so Doom doesn't have the chance to pass back to anyone

vote sheep

there's overlap in claims betweens spiesr and sheep but at this point, we're not going to get a new case going on anyone else so let's hope there isn't a second cult or sheep is the CL..

After the Spiesr claim overlap, the recent skimming, prior behavior and everything else considered, I am feeling better about his chances as cult now than when I actually voted him. We will see but the claim making sense was my biggest hesitation and with a similar one appearing and that safety net a little frayed because of it, I am thinking there is a good chance he is cult if not the leader.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives