Conquer Club

Streaker's First Mafia (4/9) GAME OVER - mafia wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Streaker's First Mafia (5/9) D3 A Circus in Distress

Postby Zivel on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:02 pm

good game, hotshot and storr? Hotshot played me?
Sergeant Zivel

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 pm

well i hope...
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:05 pm

"fake claims" was not something we actually got lol. was more along the lines of "name" and "you figure it out for what it does" lol
Major StorrZerg

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Zivel wrote:good game, hotshot and storr? Hotshot played me?

It is pretty amazing that the game everyone thought I was town in, was one I actually wasn't lol. Now if only I could play this towny when I am actually a town...
Major HotShot53

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:10 pm

StorrZerg wrote:"fake claims" was not something we actually got lol. was more along the lines of "name" and "you figure it out for what it does" lol

No, he did actually give us fake claims after you asked for them... thankfully we weren't forced to use them though, since they weren't very convincing, and we would have used our own fake claims instead
Major HotShot53

Postby Streaker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 am

HotShot53 wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:"fake claims" was not something we actually got lol. was more along the lines of "name" and "you figure it out for what it does" lol

No, he did actually give us fake claims after you asked for them... thankfully we weren't forced to use them though, since they weren't very convincing, and we would have used our own fake claims instead

Lynch reached, game over. Post coming in next few hours.

Sorry about that, my next game will run more smoothly... :oops: At least you got to play a game =D>
Captain Streaker

Re: Streaker's First Mafia (4/9) GAME OVER - mafia wins

Postby Streaker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:48 am

Zivel, Town Acrobat, is lynched with 3 votes. This brings Town and Mafia to 2-2 and is victory for mafia!

GG wp guys.

I enjoyed hosting this game very much, and am already looking forward to my next one (starting in about 3 weeks so SIGN UP).
Even though I thought I was, I was not fully prepared at the start of this game (specifically mafia fake claims and a few little things that didn't add up).
All in all, I believe things went smoothly.

How did you feel about balance? Any other remarks/suggestions? The more info you give me, the better host I will be next game.

Thanks to all of you for playing.

Also, OP updated with all roles.
Captain Streaker

Postby mtamburini on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 am

I come back and storrzerg already won

Whos the idiots I have to flame that didnt lynch him day 1
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:02 am

Streaker wrote:Zivel, Town Acrobat, is lynched with 3 votes. This brings Town and Mafia to 2-2 and is victory for mafia!

GG wp guys.

I enjoyed hosting this game very much, and am already looking forward to my next one (starting in about 3 weeks so SIGN UP).
Even though I thought I was, I was not fully prepared at the start of this game (specifically mafia fake claims and a few little things that didn't add up).

How did you feel about balance? Any other remarks/suggestions? The more info you give me, the better host I will be next game.

Once i see full list Ill let you know if it was balanced
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:17 am

I picked up on Storrs initial playand would have pushed him big time if I were playing. I suppose hindsight is 20;20. *grin* was definitely a scumtell.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Zivel on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:21 am

Bloody hell, crasp was right in day one with storr.... sorry dude.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby Streaker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:45 am

mtamburini wrote:
Streaker wrote:Zivel, Town Acrobat, is lynched with 3 votes. This brings Town and Mafia to 2-2 and is victory for mafia!

GG wp guys.

Once i see full list Ill let you know if it was balanced

All roles in first post.
Captain Streaker

Postby Streaker on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:47 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I picked up on Storrs initial playand would have pushed him big time if I were playing. I suppose hindsight is 20;20. *grin* was definitely a scumtell.

I promise I won't ignore you if you join my next game (signing up now lol)
Captain Streaker

Postby virus90 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:09 am

Streaker wrote:You check Storrzerg... and discover he is Town.

great...
Major virus90

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 am

virus90 wrote:

great...

That's what a godfather does :)
Major HotShot53

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:01 am

virus90 wrote:

great...

i've been mafia 4x now....

3x i've been godfather... (kinda hate getting this role, once in a while its fun to play, but you know you can't be cop checked)

mass claim was a good idea, hotshot role was "strongman" aka jail keeper

and the fake claim we got was vig or juggler. i was planning on claiming animal trainer = tracker. or 1 shot bullet proof

A big thing this game was the lack of activity, and the lack of following through with the plan of mass claim. (i think we only had 2 claims last day out of 5. )

As for set up, i'm not fond of godfather with a cop with only 2 mafia. As cop post game its like "really.... only 1 person was a valid check..."
As mafia, you tend to not be concerned about cop, to the point of not caring. hotshot submitted all the kills, which left night action wise clean for me no matter what.
Major StorrZerg

Postby crasp on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:28 am

Town never deserved to win. Iwas shouting for a claim fromstorr based on the rules of this forum and it was ignored. This is the only place I play mafia so learned the basics from you guys. L2 claim or die. Lie and die.
storr was on the ropes and panicking. He was then allow back in and did exactly what I said he would do.
well played hotshot. Had you as town.
As far as balanc idont think I would ha e twins in a nine player game. Half of town dead the first day. Apart from that I enjoyed it. Thank you streaker.
Sergeant crasp

Postby Streaker on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:05 am

crasp wrote:Town never deserved to win. Iwas shouting for a claim fromstorr based on the rules of this forum and it was ignored. This is the only place I play mafia so learned the basics from you guys. L2 claim or die. Lie and die.
storr was on the ropes and panicking. He was then allow back in and did exactly what I said he would do.
well played hotshot. Had you as town.
As far as balanc idont think I would ha e twins in a nine player game. Half of town dead the first day. Apart from that I enjoyed it. Thank you streaker.

I understand it would be tricky with the lovers in there, but honestly if Ultra claimed he would (should) have gotten a doc protect.

There are plenty scenarios where town gets through the first 2 days with a lot of strength. Also town has a cop and doc and a blocker. Anything possible I think.

After a good D1 with plenty discussion, the game just stopped dead in tracks on D2. Barely discussions. This is I believe the death of Town.
Captain Streaker

Postby virus90 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:18 am

@ hotshot i understand what it does but im kind of doubting it in this game. especially adding the twins with it.
In my opinion it was very hard for town to win. the powerroles of the town where less usefull then the mafia powerroles.

here some basic statistics: correct me if im wrong but think it would give this:

just with very simple statistics i give you this: The Chance of the twins not making it to day 2.
they have a chance of 2/9 to get lynched day 1 --> 7/9 chance to survive day 1.
and then 2/6 chance of dying before start of day 2. (2 in 6 bacause 1 lynched means 8, left and i dont see mafia killing themselfs so 2/6 times they would kill the twins.)
which means that 2/9 scenarios they dont even make the night (22.2%)
+ in 7/9 cases they die 33% of the time. so thats another 25,9 %. so:
in 48,1 % of the time. the twins are dead before day 2.
i didnt correct for doc, roleblocker, jailer etc. since that would be much more speculative.
but the simple statistics of them not making it in nearly half of time is enough reason for me to doubt the role in a game this small. without communications this also isnt really a "powerrole" in my book. it just increases chance of dying.
Major virus90

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:51 am

FYI mass claim day 1 would have ended the game

regarding lover
its a power role virus, because its really hard to fake, 1 cop check on either confirms the other. when 1 dies the other dies etc.
seeing one of them via tracker/watcher (when they don't know that could or could not be in the game as well)
Major StorrZerg

Postby Zivel on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:46 am

Agree on the lovers being shit in a nine player game. Ruins the balance.

Mass claiming is dumb. Yeah it would probably win every game and if you want to win as town you should mass claim day one, but it is always shit for the game and requires no skill.

In saying that. This was the worst game I have played in a while. Sorry town.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:35 am

Zivel wrote:Agree on the lovers being shit in a nine player game. Ruins the balance.

Mass claiming is dumb. Yeah it would probably win every game and if you want to win as town you should mass claim day one, but it is always shit for the game and requires no skill.

In saying that. This was the worst game I have played in a while. Sorry town.

i disagree lovers ruining the balance. 2 mafia, godfather and jailer (which town happened to have a jailer as well)

Regarding mass claim. its not dumb. Sure one can say its a cheap way to play the game, cop out what not. Generally there should be repercussions of a mass claim. You shouldn't be able to win the game out right.

In a simple game of mafia, might have 3 mafia, 1 cop 1 medic 1 vig in a group of 15. So mass claim is a bit pointless, since the power roles can die or at least the cop/doc and its a bunch of people with no powers trying to figure out who the mafia are. (mafia no powers in this set up)

What we had was a game where everyone had a power role, thus even with weaker roles, its easy to figure out who can be real, and prove people wrong. Mass claim day 1 with the set up we had, would have lead to the death of a mafia by day 2 almost certainly. If hotshot claimed first, he is lynched by day 2. If he claims after, then he has to make something up.
Major StorrZerg

Postby UltrasPlot on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:27 pm

I had no time to claim before I got lynched lmao, I go to bed at one vote and they rolled me overnight xD
Sergeant 1st Class UltrasPlot

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:49 am

virus90 wrote: in 48,1 % of the time. the twins are dead before day 2.

So what? The chances of one mafia being dead before day 2 are 2/9 = 22% (the D1 lynch), which is just under half of that risk and corresponds to half as many players dying. So that's one quarter of the risk -- but mafia has one quarter of the players. The point of analyzing the balance of a game isn't to ask whether a particular player is likely to survive, it is to ask how having that player on the team affects the team's chances. Putting up a statistic in big red font doesn't help anyone.

Since this was a NV game, the only way for Streaker to have done it differently would have been to unlink them as lovers and give them some role. I recommended for them to be Masons, although now I think that they could have just been lovers with the mason ability. I think that the lovers were a reasonable choice given that there are only two mafia.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives