Conquer Club

Double Fanucci Mafia (4/14) Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Double Fanucci Mafia (4/14) Day 5: The Fifth Day

Postby virus90 on Wed May 27, 2015 5:06 pm

i thought he said he had no night action except being bulletproof.
for me its a bit like aog.
but i respect you wanting to wait :)
Major virus90

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I shot mets as well.

Hehe a popular guy.

Before I vote mets I wish to hear what he has to say.

Ah, f*ck it, even I can't pull this one off. After the lynch I want to discuss what happened. I learned quite a bit from this game.

vote mets
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed May 27, 2015 8:58 pm

lol

vote mets

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Wed May 27, 2015 10:50 pm

GG everyone :) Vote mets
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu May 28, 2015 5:32 am

So, in the end the town figured it out. There was much rejoice and clapping. Why had they been brought here? The giant trophy entered the room. It was an entire year condensed into golden trophy form. Has someone been materializing time again? What does this hold for the future?

Unfortunately, the trophy could only go to one person. If town thought the mafia was bad, they had no idea what was in store for them.

TOWN WINS

The winner of the premium is the VIP from town. Send me closed ballots.

Roles:

DoomYoshi wrote:metsfanmax, you are the Nine of Zurfs, Mafia Roleblocker At night, you may target a player and that players action will fail.

TeeGee, you are the Lobster, Mafia 1-shot busdriver. Once per game, at night you can choose two targets to switch. All the actions targeted to one target will instead target the other target, including the busdrive action, leading an infinitely recursive series.

Army of GOD, you are the 4 of Time, Mafia Moon Shaman. Once per game, you may summon a Blood Moon for a night phase. During that night phase, all targeted kills succeed, regardless of roles, doctors or roleblocks.

Army of GOD will send me a person to execute the kill each night. You win when you are in a position of mathematical superiority. You may talk at night only.

DoomYoshi wrote:StorrZerg, you are the Two of Zurfs, Serial Killer.
At night, you target a player to kill. You are 1-shot bulletproof (immune to a night kill). You win when you are the only faction remaining.

DoomYoshi wrote:rishaed, you are the Zero of Books, Town null role Since you aren't any books at all, you really aren't a role at all. As such, all actions against you will automatically fail! Passive actions which effect the whole game will still succeed, however.

You win when all threats to town are defeated.

Note: only killable when blood moon active, or by lynch

DoomYoshi wrote:Streaker, you are the Queen of Plungers and strike wolf, you are the K of Bugs.

You are both Town Masons. You know each other are town and can communicate by PM during the night.

You win when the town wins.

DoomYoshi wrote:WingCmdr Ginkapo, you are the 4 of Zurfs, Town Role Cop.

Each night, you choose a person to investigate, and part of their role is revealed to you.

You win by being the pro-town hero and eliminating all the mafia.

Note: this was the chief balancing role. The worse town was doing, the more of the role this cop would reveal.

DoomYoshi wrote:virus90, you are the 7 of Zurfs, Town Tracker. Each night, you may track one player by the moonlight. You see which players, if any, they visit.

Town wins if the enemies of town are eliminated.

Note: track auto fails if either new or blood moon is active

DoomYoshi wrote:Tails, you are the 9 of Rain, Town Moon Shaman. Once per game, you can call the New Moon, which prevents ill deeds. All kills on the night of the New Moon will automatically fail.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Note: whenever both shamans activate, only one is used (the first one to send me PM). This basically means that town has priority over moon.

DoomYoshi wrote:Iron Butterfly, you are the 6 of Rain, Town Vigilante Each night, you may choose one player to kill.

DoomYoshi wrote:HotShot53, you are the Last Fromp, Town Roleblocker

Each night you choose one person to block. That player's intended actions of the night will automatically fail.

DoomYoshi wrote:mtamburini, you are 2 of Hives, Town Jailkeeper

Each night, you choose one person to target and that player is saved from a night kill, but also unable to perform an action that night.

DoomYoshi wrote:NoS, you are the Two of Rain, Doctor

Each night, you choose to protect one person and that person is saved from a night kill.

You win with town, which wins when town is the only remaining faction.

N1: Storr - Tails
IB - Streak
wing - streak
mtam - NoS
virus - streak
mets - streak
NoS - virus
aog - activate (wasted)
dd515 - wing

N2:
AoG - strike
dd - AoG/Storr
mets - NoS
NoS - IB
Storr - rishaed
IB - dd
virus - AoG

N3:
IB - AoG
virus - AoG
NoS - virus
mets - IB
AoG - virus

N4:
virus - mets
NoS - virus
Ib - mets
mets - NoS/IB

I'm off to work. Notes will come later. I was worried about a flawless mafia victory, but then the claims were all kind of weak. Mafia prob should have had multishot busdriver. Also, I assigned kills based on who wasn't doing anything. Down the stretch, it would have been better to clarify these things.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Double Fanucci Mafia (4/14) Endgame

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu May 28, 2015 6:05 am

Haha so my win condition was actually unique.

NoS - I still havent forgiven you for not saving me.

Mets- I asked DY for everyones roles after I died so I could follow what was going on. Even with the knowledge that you were mafia I really struggled to read your posts with anything but a town read. It was impressive to see. (Until you started hard defending AoG that is)
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu May 28, 2015 6:08 am

Storr claiming 3rd party so early definitely helped Town. There was no reason to claim but to claim survivor when there was no need in the moment sealed his fate. He outed himself but in the process outed AoG.

A perfect example of the game aint over till it's over. The more Town dead the bigger the mafia pool to target. In the end the Town roles overwhelmed the mafia ones.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 6:18 am

Note: this was the chief balancing role. The worse town was doing, the more of the role this cop would reveal.

I really really hate when mods screw with balance on their personal viewpoint of how the game is going. :/

ALso really really hate it when i play in games and mod doesn't show flipped player roles entirely. i see 0 point in hiding information when you mix known roles with unknown roles.

@ibMafia killing 2 masons didnt help one bit though, also my kill on the town shawman might as well just been a vt dead. It wasn't an important role.
I Claimed early in hopes of something decent coming. Was not expecting 3 deaths that first night though. Specially with how many roles we had in the game, And was hoping to force the game into Town deciding between a mafia win or 3rd party win. Additionally, Vig having as many bullets as he wanted was op as f*ck.

Meh, i was banking on bit more luck, but almost all towns near the end had provable roles
Doc
Jailer (still can't believe he was lynched)
Vig
Tracker
Town block
Town moon shawman (harder to prove yes)
Role cop ( OP/ NERfed pending on mod feeling)
Null role (immune to death at night bar 1 thing)

Mafia
1 shot busdriver
roleblocker
1 shot kills work

I mean, just looking at the balance power wise, mafia didn't have a chance. Just way to many active roles on towns side to mess mafia up.
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu May 28, 2015 6:32 am

Not going to lie, this was my first non-vanilla game and I thought I had a reasonably weak role at the point when I didnt know what you all were.

My bad.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby rishaed on Thu May 28, 2015 6:37 am

StorrZerg wrote:

I really really hate when mods screw with balance on their personal viewpoint of how the game is going. :/

ALso really really hate it when i play in games and mod doesn't show flipped player roles entirely. i see 0 point in hiding information when you mix known roles with unknown roles.

@ibMafia killing 2 masons didnt help one bit though, also my kill on the town shawman might as well just been a vt dead. It wasn't an important role.
I Claimed early in hopes of something decent coming. Was not expecting 3 deaths that first night though. Specially with how many roles we had in the game, And was hoping to force the game into Town deciding between a mafia win or 3rd party win. Additionally, Vig having as many bullets as he wanted was op as f*ck.

Meh, i was banking on bit more luck, but almost all towns near the end had provable roles
Doc
Jailer (still can't believe he was lynched)
Vig
Tracker
Town block
Town moon shawman (harder to prove yes)
Role cop ( OP/ NERfed pending on mod feeling)
Null role (immune to death at night bar 1 thing)

Mafia
1 shot busdriver
roleblocker
1 shot kills work

I mean, just looking at the balance power wise, mafia didn't have a chance. Just way to many active roles on towns side to mess mafia up.

If you were trying to force the town into what you did, why did you target me N2? I am also unsure of why neither you or the mafia lynched me D2 when I was at L1 from Mtamb. Mets, I am also unsure of why you claimed BP, it overlapped way too much with my role to make sense. Overall I was impressed by your play storr. I was even hesitating on lynching you D2, even though most of my routes ended with Lynch storr. I mean I was gunning for AoG instead, but that wasn't going to happen. Also would be interested in hearing the logic behind AoG's botched patchwork claim. Also great shot from IB on dd N2. Really happy with my Analysis of Hotshot lynch. Just chose the wrong one to go after, but if Mtab had been posting like he did after his lynch I might not have gone for that lynch.
Also Town only had 2 investigative roles (Virus results at end were the nail in many coffins :D )so if virus had been killed on N2 i think certain things would have played out differently.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Thu May 28, 2015 6:49 am

A few other notes. I have given out the "Null" Role a few times in games. Both Times I haven't seen it been put to very good use or the player goes inactive. That was partial motivation for me at least D1 to do something to keep myself active and participating. With my role being teh Zero of Books, and me having written a research paper on the WoT series, and was finishing Memory of Light, it was a mind merge to use that as a way to "restrict" myself, attract night attention (apparently Streaker got it all N1 >.>), and have some fun with the role until I could piece some things together.
Also the Ratio of protective to investigative roles for town was pretty bad.
IMO my role got stronger as the pool got smaller (aka: Town had a smaller pool near the end so if it came down to 2v1 I think we still could have pulled it off). I have to thank storr for targeting me N2 and proving my role though.

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 7:47 am

Eah, you can thank mafia for that weird bus lol.

I want to know why they thought when doing that.

Cause if I die, they lose a scape goat. Bus between a mafia and a town ensures if one is shot a town dies. It's likely ib could have shot me as well.

I kept my shot hidden because I wanted to have less suspicion about sk.

Town just plainly had way to many power roles. no real limits, or weak town roles. (Just the shaman)
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 7:48 am

Yeah. No one listened to me about Streaker. Thankfully you listened to me about Rishaed day 2.

Regrets in this game? I should have stuck to my gut on Mets day 1 about him being scum but no one else was buying it. Should have been more active early day 2.

I almost stated day 2 that if Mtam flipped town, Mets was mafia but I really did not think that I would be nked if he did. Put too much town attention on Mets for hammering which could have been shifted to me for starting a bad case.

I guess I should have said it more clearly but I was kind of hoping to get mafia to use their kill on Storrn2 since he was the serial killer.

Towns roles arent quite as op as Storr made them out to be but they did have an advantage. If mafia had killed more of the actual power roles n1 and n2, not the masons, it could have been a different game.

1. Vig-pretty much guaranteed in any Doom game.
2. Jailkeeper-common fake claim for mafia role blocker. With two other protective roles in the game it was about 55/45 that it was real and Mtam's behavior didnt do him any favors nor did his move on NoS. The problem being with the move was that it was A. Unnecessaty- mtam never gave NoS a chance to see if he would come forth with the infomation when asked without being accused. B. Something that a mafia role blocker could have done and faked as a town move.
3. Role cop-more mafia than town.
4. Null-Mtam is actually kind of right on this one. It was a role that seemed kind of mafia in ability. If I hadnt been as sure as I was that Rishaed was town, I might have voted for him.
5. Moon shaman-unknown role. Would have been difficult for tails to convince people it was real before he used the ability.
6. Roleblocker-could be town or mafia. Slightly more likely town.

The other 4 were fairly verifiable. You might lynch one person with a mason claim if both are acting scummy enough but then you would never lynch the other.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby rishaed on Thu May 28, 2015 8:55 am

strike wolf wrote:Yeah. No one listened to me about Streaker. Thankfully you listened to me about Rishaed day 2.

Regrets in this game? I should have stuck to my gut on Mets day 1 about him being scum but no one else was buying it. Should have been more active early day 2.

I almost stated day 2 that if Mtam flipped town, Mets was mafia but I really did not think that I would be nked if he did. Put too much town attention on Mets for hammering which could have been shifted to me for starting a bad case.

I guess I should have said it more clearly but I was kind of hoping to get mafia to use their kill on Storrn2 since he was the serial killer.

Towns roles arent quite as op as Storr made them out to be but they did have an advantage. If mafia had killed more of the actual power roles n1 and n2, not the masons, it could have been a different game.

1. Vig-pretty much guaranteed in any Doom game.
2. Jailkeeper-common fake claim for mafia role blocker. With two other protective roles in the game it was about 55/45 that it was real and Mtam's behavior didnt do him any favors nor did his move on NoS. The problem being with the move was that it was A. Unnecessaty- mtam never gave NoS a chance to see if he would come forth with the infomation when asked without being accused. B. Something that a mafia role blocker could have done and faked as a town move.
3. Role cop-more mafia than town.
4. Null-Mtam is actually kind of right on this one. It was a role that seemed kind of mafia in ability. If I hadnt been as sure as I was that Rishaed was town, I might have voted for him.
5. Moon shaman-unknown role. Would have been difficult for tails to convince people it was real before he used the ability.
6. Roleblocker-could be town or mafia. Slightly more likely town.

The other 4 were fairly verifiable. You might lynch one person with a mason claim if both are acting scummy enough but then you would never lynch the other.

As far as streaker goes, I wasn't getting scum vibes from him D1. Since I wasn't I just left it alone. At the time i didn't know someone would kill him in the night. Also, I had pegged you as town d1, and pretty much trusted your viewpoint. The irony of the D2 lynch is that I had a 2/3 chance of hitting scum on D2 and chose the wrong one :roll:
Thanks for not lynching me D2 Strike O:) I still don't know why I survived. I wasn't actively a threat during the night, but I also didn't have much to lose when scumhunting ( I didn't know about the blood moon .... Curious about why they used it N1 I would have saved it for a much later night when they could kill me with it.) Its possible they had a miscommunication about it or just weren't expecting my role in the game.

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu May 28, 2015 9:11 am

Dammit NoS. Day 2 I would have come out and said that Streaker was a Mason, him and Strikewolf would confirm. Boom three confirmed townies.

Probably why mafia killed me.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 9:31 am

I probably wouldnt say anything about being his mason directly unless. i saw actual reason to do so.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 28, 2015 10:03 am

rishaed wrote: Also would be interested in hearing the logic behind AoG's botched patchwork claim.

because I suck at mafia and didn't know what else to claim?

Storr did a good job of lying and acting like he was counter claiming
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu May 28, 2015 10:18 am

Two initial thoughts.

Our crucial screwup was N2. I advocated for killing NoS and blocking IB that night. My thought was that either NoS can't target himself, or that if he could, he would never think to do that. And I had a feeling about IB... But dd responded with the thing that we ended up doing. I got back late at night and saw his post and didn't feel like fighting it, but evidently I should have.

Then N3, I had to make a gamble. By looking at the numbers, I didn't think that we could win if we killed NoS and blocked IB, because NoS was our chief source of anti-town propaganda. D4 it would have been obvious that AoG and myself were scum, and we definitely would have lost when virus tracked either one of us. My only hope was that we could keep the uncertainty alive by killing virus and blocking IB. I knew that there was a chance that NoS could save him, but honestly I thought NoS was too nooby and would see IB's role as more important to town than virus's. (Kudos to NoS for proving me wrong.)

Regarding my claim: I thought that 1-shot bulletproof was a reasonably balanced claim given the other town power roles. Now, it did conflict with rishaed's claim, but that was kind of the point: I thought if we had any chance of winning after dd died, it would be by stoking the fire against rishaed and his absurd claim, as well as against NoS. I am not sure what I could have claimed that would have been better, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Streaker on Thu May 28, 2015 10:56 am

Holy crap i was popular N1... Gonna reread and see what deserved that kind of attention.
Captain Streaker

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu May 28, 2015 11:24 am

Could Mafia have bused AoG with IB and resulted in IB shooting himself?
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu May 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Lol dang see I knew that's why I was alive.
Shoulda saved wing n1 smh
persianempire wrote:its when ur food goes bad... you get spoils
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 pm

Just want to say well played by storr, IB, strike, rishead, virus and even mets. You all made the game very interesting. Thanks DY for modding, must have been hell with all those PRs lol.
Gg all, even though not really by me >.> I think I'll stick to more vanilla games for now.
persianempire wrote:its when ur food goes bad... you get spoils
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu May 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Is it normal practice for a mod to tell dead players what roles everyone has? It really helped me understand the game to watch this one with the knowledge of what role everyone had.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 28, 2015 12:37 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Is it normal practice for a mod to tell dead players what roles everyone has? It really helped me understand the game to watch this one with the knowledge of what role everyone had.

for the most part, yeah.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu May 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
rishaed wrote: Also would be interested in hearing the logic behind AoG's botched patchwork claim.

because I suck at mafia and didn't know what else to claim?

Storr did a good job of lying and acting like he was counter claiming

The thing is you claimed a role setup that I have used thrice. If you would have looked it up, you would have known that I call that role feuded not lyncher lmao.

@Storr: While the town looks OP, having lots of power roles causes them to confuse over each other, especially if they don't believe each other. The mafia should have had unlimited busdrive, that would have balanced at least the town/mafia. SK is always a hard role to balance, and to play. If the vig was overeager, it would have worked. What is wrong with having balance check roles? It's really tough to proper balance a NV game, so if a mistake is made, I like to have one role that can kind of control the pace.

e.g. the result for a mason could have been: mason, or communicator, or simply that he is close with another player. Obv. this kind of decision needs to be made early in the game, but usually the middle ground works, and then you can always adjust the wheel the other way. Every other mechanic decision is still decided before the game goes live.

I always try to do win cons different. For those who don't know the history/rules of mafia, the entire reason the "No quoting PMs" rule exists is because town shouldn't be able to clear each other based on wincons. There are 3 mod strategies to deal with it: ban quoting wincons, provide a sample VT role and make most wincons different.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives