Conquer Club

[OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia (2) - GAME OVER TOWN WINS

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia (2) - Day 3 (Soft Deadline 5/1)

Postby mtamburini on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Yeah I was in the heat in the moment cuz I had a town read in him and was like f*ck if he went afk we lost.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby toad1 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Since Sniper voted himself, I think he is mafia. Vote Sniper
Sergeant toad1

Postby elonpuckhog on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 pm

I will update this in the morning but it does appear skill has been lynched.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby elonpuckhog on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:45 am

With a unanimous vote, skillfusniper is led off to the gallows. He was a MAFIA GOON.

TOWN WINS!!!

It will take me a little while to sort through who I think is MVP. That will be announced tomorrow most likely.

Re: [OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia (2) - GAME OVER TOWN WINS

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:27 am

Good Game fellas, I had to try something there at the end otherwise I was dead anyway.

I was really hoping that streaker would see what I was saying since he had fears you were mafia mtam.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Streaker on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:39 am

GG guys.

Sniper was in a world of hurt paired with madmitch. I hope the latter has learned a thing or two and will play again.
It was waaaaaaayyyyyyy too late to pull that trick off. The post where you bussed your mafia teammate was too obvious.

Mtamb well played by sniffing me out early. You were actually the doc? lol...

Toad you really need to post more often in these games. I can see you were really trying and I hope you will play again. Just be more active. Your last few posts convinced me (and I think Mtamb too) that you were town. Could have lost it if you hadn't done that.

Another point: what a fecking WEIRD N1 kill... made no sense. Though it made me pause about Mtamb for a moment lol. Good stuff.

MVP in my humble opinion is either Mtamb or myself. I'd split it 50/50.

Thank you mod for hosting. Was very good game.
Captain Streaker

Postby Marashu on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:50 am

Congrats town! :D Yeah, I think I was about as confused as everyone else about the N1 kill - I was half expecting to be rushed to the gallows D2. In hindsight, I can kinda see why sniper was pushing for lynching Pugs D1 even when we had others who were more suspicious - he knew that either way it went, it would be a town kill.

I'm agreeing with Streaker/Mtam as MVP - I guess having been in the same games before really did help in this case.

Thanks for the game, elon!
Major Marashu

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am

Now when the game is over, can any of you two point me to a post where you Streaker "found out" that mtam is town and vice-versa. It just sounds like you two told each other your real roles beside the thread. I'm not accusing you, just commenting that the game was pretty much straight forward since you didn't accuse each other a single time from the beginning and all times voted together for the same person. For that amount of credits, you could have cheated a bit.

Elon sorry again for arguing. It was that moment I went crazy because of toad's nonsense post.
Captain dakky21

Postby mtamburini on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Gg I had fun even though I was stressed out most of day 2 after the night kill.

Did I end up getting a save?

If it ended up at a final 3 it would've been really interesting imo to see what would've transpired.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:17 pm

@jakk I play a lot of video mafia so most of my day 1 reads are based off tone of writing and how someone is try to say something. If you look at the PyP game that storr modded I got a lot of town reads day 1 and I think all of them were correct. It's a game of writing so I like to look into how someone is puttin together their thoughts.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Storr is also someone usually have a great read on day 1 there's a couple games u can look into where worjing the first couple posts I knew he was mafia but failed to get the town on board to get him lynched
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:22 pm

mtamburini wrote:@jakk I play a lot of video mafia so most of my day 1 reads are based off tone of writing and how someone is try to say something. If you look at the PyP game that storr modded I got a lot of town reads day 1 and I think all of them were correct. It's a game of writing so I like to look into how someone is puttin together their thoughts.

You're pointing me to the other game again. This game is not that game. You had a wrong read on Marashu and later on me, but never said a single word about Streaker. Only that you love & trust him, but never wrote on which case you trust him, except pointing us to the other games. So yeah, I believe you communicated outside of the thread.

mtamburini wrote:Storr is also someone usually have a great read on day 1 there's a couple games u can look into where worjing the first couple posts I knew he was mafia but failed to get the town on board to get him lynched

And now you're getting too much defensive, the same thing you lynched me for.
Captain dakky21

Postby mtamburini on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:30 pm

I don't know if your joking or not. I said you were town hence I tried to stop a lynch on you and get it on Mars cause he was just echoing most things with no real new content.

As per your accusation towards me cheating I laugh.

If you want specific evidence on which moment i knew atreaker was town I'll quote it if that makes your life a little bit easier and make you able to sleep at night.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:32 pm

mtamburini wrote:If you want specific evidence on which moment i knew atreaker was town I'll quote it if that makes your life a little bit easier and make you able to sleep at night.

I'd really like to see that post. From this game, not from some other game.
Captain dakky21

Re: [OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia (2) - Day 1 (Soft Deadline 4/21)

Postby mtamburini on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Streaker wrote:A post a day to keep the doctor away? (Not a reference to anything, like Charm would do).

I posted yesterday, calling out dakky a little... There was not much to work with.
So how about it Mtam, hop into my little lead here?

->Voting for fictional character does not help the game along, joke votes are fine but they are much more effective in the game if you place them on actual players to test reaction. Marashu doesn't seem interested in putting pressure on players.

This is when I had strong inclination that atreaker was town and he never did anything to break my trust with him but I was getting a little freaked out on day 2 until I asked him to give reads on people and they ligned up exactly with what I was thinking. His accusation on skill on day 2 was perfect in every way, it was me laying a trap on him because of he said anything different I would've been more inclined to reconsider.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:37 pm

dakky21 wrote:
mtamburini wrote:If you want specific evidence on which moment i knew atreaker was town I'll quote it if that makes your life a little bit easier and make you able to sleep at night.

I'd really like to see that post. From this game, not from some other game.

With more experience you'll better understand how to read someone as town. I've got over 500 games on epic mafia under y belt I can tell the difference most of the time between a towny post and a scummy post.
Sergeant mtamburini

Re: [OFFICIAL] C9 Mafia (2) - Day 1 (Soft Deadline 4/21)

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:47 pm

mtamburini wrote:
Streaker wrote:A post a day to keep the doctor away? (Not a reference to anything, like Charm would do).

I posted yesterday, calling out dakky a little... There was not much to work with.
So how about it Mtam, hop into my little lead here?

->Voting for fictional character does not help the game along, joke votes are fine but they are much more effective in the game if you place them on actual players to test reaction. Marashu doesn't seem interested in putting pressure on players.

This is when I had strong inclination that atreaker was town and he never did anything to break my trust with him but I was getting a little freaked out on day 2 until I asked him to give reads on people and they ligned up exactly with what I was thinking. His accusation on skill on day 2 was perfect in every way, it was me laying a trap on him because of he said anything different I would've been more inclined to reconsider.

Exactly that post, why did Streaker asked exactly you to jump on his little lead there? Why he didn't ask anyone else to hop on his little lead? Please explain, at least I will learn something about mafia.
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:54 pm

Streaker and Mtam have played together a lot. Streaker offered to work with Mtam to find mafia. He wouldnt have done this if they were both mafia as that is too obvious and would come out after the first night. So its possible that one is mafia, but they work on trust until one trys to push the play in an odd direction. Do that and you show your true colours. Hence its dangerous to go into partnership with a town if you are mafia.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby toad1 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks for a fun first game! For an MVP, I would say Mtaburini because he posted a lot, and without him town would have lost for sure :)
Sergeant toad1

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:41 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Streaker and Mtam have played together a lot. Streaker offered to work with Mtam to find mafia. He wouldnt have done this if they were both mafia as that is too obvious and would come out after the first night. So its possible that one is mafia, but they work on trust until one trys to push the play in an odd direction. Do that and you show your true colours. Hence its dangerous to go into partnership with a town if you are mafia.

Well that makes sense somehow.
Captain dakky21

Postby mtamburini on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:12 pm

dakky21 wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Streaker and Mtam have played together a lot. Streaker offered to work with Mtam to find mafia. He wouldnt have done this if they were both mafia as that is too obvious and would come out after the first night. So its possible that one is mafia, but they work on trust until one trys to push the play in an odd direction. Do that and you show your true colours. Hence its dangerous to go into partnership with a town if you are mafia.

Well that makes sense somehow.

Wings summed it up better then I have beem doing.

I also had an unspoken trust with toad the way he was posting was towny imo. A veteran player could never get away with those posts that's y I asked people's experience with mafia so I knew who I could let slide and no I couldn't let slide.

Look at the difference between toad and Mitch posts you'll see a difference.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Streaker on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 am

By no means what so ever have I cheated this game. I just went along with Mtamb's suggestion, but please do not think that I had Mtamb as 100% blind trust absolute town this game lol. Especially D2 -_-
Wing did sum it up very nicely. Mafia gets easier if you played a few games with the same people. For me personally it's just as easy a way to find out if Mtamb is mafia or not.

Mtamb called me out for friend, but if I reacted differenty through any part of the 'parcours', he would be on my tail and vice versa.

There was always that doubt that Mtamb was playing with me lol.... And I'm certain that feeling was mutual. Damn I'm gonna try pulling that off if I get the chance ;)
Captain Streaker

Postby mtamburini on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Streaker wrote:By no means what so ever have I cheated this game. I just went along with Mtamb's suggestion, but please do not think that I had Mtamb as 100% blind trust absolute town this game lol. Especially D2 -_-
Wing did sum it up very nicely. Mafia gets easier if you played a few games with the same people. For me personally it's just as easy a way to find out if Mtamb is mafia or not.

Mtamb called me out for friend, but if I reacted differenty through any part of the 'parcours', he would be on my tail and vice versa.

There was always that doubt that Mtamb was playing with me lol.... And I'm certain that feeling was mutual. Damn I'm gonna try pulling that off if I get the chance ;)

The feeling was mutual on day 2. I was gonna suggest a lynch on skill instead of that guy and then it would've been a crazy final 4/3. It looked like you were soft defending / scum reading skill and going for the win woth lynching Mitch. But after e said he thought I was the cop I threw out the world.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:09 am

Sorry for the delay. After consideration, I am awarding MVP to streaker.

I realize this game didn't go as smoothly as it could have. Part of it was my fault as I allowed a self save doc (which happened night 2). I understand this is not common on this site. In my experience, the doc has always been able to save himself, so apologies for the confusion there. If I ever mod a game again (which won't happen on this site and most likely won't ever happen), I will reconsider my stance on this position.

Postby Streaker on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:06 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:Sorry for the delay. After consideration, I am awarding MVP to streaker.

I realize this game didn't go as smoothly as it could have. Part of it was my fault as I allowed a self save doc (which happened night 2). I understand this is not common on this site. In my experience, the doc has always been able to save himself, so apologies for the confusion there. If I ever mod a game again (which won't happen on this site and most likely won't ever happen), I will reconsider my stance on this position.

I have never played with self saving doc. It's like an immortal townie. Never gonna lynched a claimed doc in C9, and mafia can't kill him.
Thank you for the MVP honours, though Mtam would have been equally deserving (taking it though :p)
Captain Streaker

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives