Conquer Club

Day of Endless Sun - Cancelled

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day of Endless Sun - Cancelled

Postby Marashu on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:08 pm

EDIT: Due to lack of interest I am cancelling this game. I will not have time to mod a game in August, so I cannot just wait for it to fill up. Thanks to everyone who did sign up, and I am sorry that this did not get off the ground.

Day of Endless Sun - Mafia Game

The city of Vishaen bustles with late afternoon activity. It has taken a few hours to notice, but whispers of concern begin to worm their way through the otherwise animate crowd. These whispers swell, as they find more voices to carry them, and soon the whole city can only talk about one thing - the midday sun is still at its zenith.

I am looking for 15+ players for this game. Sign-ups will continue until June 21, the Summer Solstice July 1st. Roles will be sent out that morning - the game will begin even if we do not have 15+ players (I will adjust my game plan accordingly).

RULES:

1. The moderator (Marashu) is always right. If I've made a mistake, I will do what I can to fix it. I don't mind if you point out a mistake, but my word one way or the other is final.

2. You may not edit or delete previous posts. Once submitted, your words stand.

3. You may not quote or allude to the wording of any PMs from the moderator. You may disclose the contents of your role PM (role, alignment, etc), but do so in your own words.

4. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you can.

5. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be in bold, coloured red.(I.E. Vote: Bugs Bunny). If they are not, I will assume it is a joke vote and skip over it. You must first unvote and then vote to change your vote from someone.

6. Lynching requires a majority of the vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the players alive (round down) +1.

7. "No lynch" is not a valid vote - the player(s) with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.

8. Deadline for voting is one week after the start of the day. This can be extended if discussion is continuing.

9. Once your death scene has been posted, it's over for you. You can no longer post anything related to the game. Whining is alright, "Voices from beyond" are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed. This means you can post something like "Oh well. Go town!" but you cannot post and add to the discussion. This is a serious offence.

10. Be attentive and active in the game. You will be replaced or modkilled if you don't post. If something prevents you to participate for a long period of time, announce it here or via PM. Help everyone's enjoyment of the game by being active and sending your actions promptly.

11. You may not self-vote. If you wish to leave the game, contact the moderator to arrange for a replacement.

12. If you have any questions or doubts, send a private message to the moderator and ask for help. If something is unclear, I would rather have too much communication over not enough.

13. I will be doing daily vote counts. Monday-Friday they will be at 6AM EDT. Vote counts will be later in the morning during the weekend.

14. Have fun!

SET-UP DETAILS:
1) This will be a NIGHTLESS game, meaning after the lynch scene, the next day will immediately begin.
2) This will be a SEMI-CLOSED game, meaning that roles/mafia size are not made known before the game.
3) Among the town, roughly 25% will be assigned PRs, meaning roughly 75% of the town will be vanilla.

PLAYERS:
-Streaker
-madmitch
-Endgame422
-HotShot53
-ExcessRed
Last edited by Marashu on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Major Marashu

Re: Day of Endless Sun - Sign-ups OPEN

Postby Streaker on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:37 am

Should be able to manage. I hope. In.
Captain Streaker

Postby madmitch on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:55 am

sounds fun in please
Cadet madmitch

Postby mtamburini on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:20 am

3 contradicts 2
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Endgame422 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:38 pm

I like the theme mars.
Solstice is a perfect way to start this one.
I will play.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:55 pm

I'll join too, sounds interesting
Major HotShot53

Postby rishaed on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 pm

mtamburini wrote:3 contradicts 2

Not quite. Knowing the Ratio of PR to Vanilla does not Equal knowing the roles/Setup.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby mtamburini on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:37 pm

rishaed wrote:

Not quite. Knowing the Ratio of PR to Vanilla does not Equal knowing the roles/Setup.

I would disagree and say that this is not a true closed setup. Information about the setup is known therefore it cannot be completely closed.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Aye, Its Semi-closed.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby rishaed on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:28 pm

mtamburini wrote:
rishaed wrote:

I would disagree and say that this is not a true closed setup. Information about the setup is known therefore it cannot be completely closed.

Alright I can agree with that assessment but whatever.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:27 am

This sounds like a cool concept and if you need me I'll play. I'm in the EoTW and Gotham games atm, and reserve in IB's. But that blatantly wont stop my participation...
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Marashu on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:31 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:This sounds like a cool concept and if you need me I'll play. I'm in the EoTW and Gotham games atm, and reserve in IB's. But that blatantly wont stop my participation...

Thanks. I might need to cancel if there are only 5 people tomorrow, though. I was scheduling it so that I would have enough time before the wedding in a couple months - if I put off starting it for too long, then I will need to find a replacement mod to finish the game.

mtamburini wrote:I would disagree and say that this is not a true closed setup. Information about the setup is known therefore it cannot be completely closed.

At first I thought you were talking about the rules, so I was confused. I see what you mean - I'll update it to say it's semi-closed.
Major Marashu

Postby ExcessRed on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:26 am

Is this still happening? If so, I'm in.
Private 1st Class ExcessRed

Postby Marashu on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:06 pm

ExcessRed wrote:Is this still happening? If so, I'm in.

If Wing is still interested, then that would be 7 people. Tomorrow's a holiday, so I'll have time to modify my plans to fit a smaller game. Roles will be sent out tomorrow.

**EDIT** I miscounted. Even with Wing it would be 6 people. If someone else joins by tomorrow, then yes it's still on. Otherwise I will be cancelling it tomorrow.
Major Marashu

Return to Mafia Archives