Conquer Club

[Exp] CYOC! #4 Endgame! Town wins, you filthy animals

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Exp] CYOC! #4 [6/15] D4 The numbers are falling...

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:07 am

To be clear, it is the double edged nature of the PGO that is the main reason it is more balanced, I also should probably include the joat kill.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:53 am

Let's simplify things a little bit. Do you believe that if we lynch you and you flip town, there's a non-trivial chance that town could still lose the game? If so, how would it play out?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Two mafia a mislynch screws us regardless especially if I am dead. You can't reliably do anything to protect Pancake without risking luring his protection away instead and Mafia can use any abilities they may have to get rid of pancake. Game over.

If IB is the last mafia, he might kill you tonight rely on Pancake lynching hotshot tomorrow and then use his role cop and kill to try and bypass the decoy. It is not a guarantee win but it could work.

If hotshot is scum. I think this will be town win. I don't see him being spared over IB tomorrow and even if he is he can't as reliably as IB take out Pancake unless there is something he isn't telling us about his role.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby pancakemix on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Ok. So, we need to move and we're not going to get any more information out of the day. While I think Hotshot is the most probable mafia candidate, Hotshot's role is also useless now. IB's role also isn't a threat to town. However, if strike (say) is scum, then his bus driving will be really dangerous to town. And if strike + IB are a scum duo, then lynching hotshot is the worst possible move. So, even though I am not reading strike as mafia, I have to admit that lynching him is the rational choice. We may lynch him, but assuming everyone is truthful about their roles, it's not a MYLO situation.

Suppose we lynch strike and he flips town. Then my N4 action will be set up so that town can figure out who out of HotShot and IB is the remaining scum is on D5 (I won't say now how I'm going to achieve that; you'll know when it's time).

So, vote strike wolf.

I'm sorry, what? if HotShot is most probable scum, why would you vote to lynch strike instead?

Suppose you're wrong and it's a HS-IB scum duo, for instance? What then? And if you're arguing that a 2 scum remaining scenario is unlikely, why bother making the point at all?

ptlowe wrote:vote strileIll go with you mets.

I'm glad you took the time to consider this matter so deeply.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:34 pm

pancakemix wrote:I'm sorry, what? if HotShot is most probable scum, why would you vote to lynch strike instead?

I explained this. It is the most tactically sound maneuver. I think town has a more-or-less guaranteed win if we lynch strike and he flips town, but it's not guaranteed at all if we lynch HotShot and he flips town. SW is the only person who can stop my planned N4 action from going off as intended, and I can't have that.

Suppose you're wrong and it's a HS-IB scum duo, for instance? What then? And if you're arguing that a 2 scum remaining scenario is unlikely, why bother making the point at all?

I do think two remaining scum is unlikely. However, the strike-IB combination is unique in that the two of them are functionally confirming each other's roles. It's possible that they're both lying about either their roles or their actions, since the only true evidence we have about either one comes from the other.

I've already considered the possibility that it's an HS-IB scum duo, though, and I've tailored my intended night action appropriately. If I die N4, my action will still ensure that you know whether at least one of the two is town or scum on D5; if it's a scum revealed, then you lynch. If the game's still not over, it's 2-1 town going into N6, the remaining scum kills pcm, and then town wins automatically because it's PGO versus scum.

And as to why I made the point, I'm hedging. I think we win even if strike is a mislynch. If you agree with me, then what's the cost of potentially delaying victory by one more day?

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:37 pm

I mean, if y'all don't trust me, that's one thing, and we'll lynch HS. I'm just telling you how I would play this out if it was up to me.

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:56 pm

I hope IB is doing ok... he hasn't been around for 4-5 days and said he was pretty sick in one of his last posts.

With 4 of the 6 of us needed for a lynch, if PCM doesn't want to lynch strike, and Ptlowe doesn't want to lynch me, then without IB around no lynching will happen. So unless IB wants to throw his buddy strike under the buss, or unless only one of them is scum, then it could be pretty much game over if IB decides to join in lynching me.

As I had said before, I will vote for either strike or IB, so I will join the majority and
Major HotShot53

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:57 pm

HotShot53 wrote:I hope IB is doing ok... he hasn't been around for 4-5 days and said he was pretty sick in one of his last posts.

With 4 of the 6 of us needed for a lynch, if PCM doesn't want to lynch strike, and Ptlowe doesn't want to lynch me, then without IB around no lynching will happen. So unless IB wants to throw his buddy strike under the buss, or unless only one of them is scum, then it could be pretty much game over if IB decides to join in lynching me.

As I had said before, I will vote for either strike or IB, so I will join the majority and

vote strike (clicked submit instead of opening up the options to add bold color lol)
Major HotShot53

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:12 pm

I need to unvote for the moment. I'll place my vote back soon.

Postby pancakemix on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Yeah, I have no idea how your plan is supposed to work. Based on your description, the action has to target somebody, and if even just HS is a mirror, how is that supposed to turn a result?

Also, fairly certain that default you suggest would go to scum? Equal to or greater than town is usually the only criterion for a mafia win. Mod, can you verify this?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:17 pm

pancakemix wrote:Yeah, I have no idea how your plan is supposed to work.

I can't explain what I'm going to do before the night phase begins, because then mafia would be able to avoid it. I'm asking you to trust me that if I'm dead tomorrow, you'll know who killed me.

Also, fairly certain that default you suggest would go to scum? Equal to or greater than town is usually the only criterion for a mafia win. Mod, can you verify this?

Mafia win when it eliminates town. Often endgame will be called to save time in a 1v1 situation with like a scum and a vanilla town, but only because the scum would win in the next night phase. In the case of one scum versus one PGO, scum can never eliminate town, and most mods would award that victory to town.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:10 pm

PCM is correct. Once mafia Is equal to or greater then town, they will win.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Also, sorry for delay in responding to everyone. Had one last visit to the hospital to have the Stent removed from me, and it was quite a horrific experience and was in a compete shock for a good 6 hours.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:11 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:PCM is correct. Once mafia Is equal to or greater then town, they will win.

Well, shit. Thanks for clarifying.

Postby pancakemix on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:32 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Also, sorry for delay in responding to everyone. Had one last visit to the hospital to have the Stent removed from me, and it was quite a horrific experience and was in a compete shock for a good 6 hours.

Christ. Hope all is well.
Epic Win

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:48 pm

pancakemix wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Also, sorry for delay in responding to everyone. Had one last visit to the hospital to have the Stent removed from me, and it was quite a horrific experience and was in a compete shock for a good 6 hours.

Note to all you fine people. Never, EVER get kidney stones.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:52 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

Note to all you fine people. Never, EVER get kidney stones.

Never had to get a Stent but I can agree that kidney stones sucks. Few feelings match the one you get when you wake up with your back killing you and notice that your first pissing of the day loOKs a bit like rosiere.

Anywaus, going to be sparse the next couple of days so I'll go ahead and vote Hotshot ultimately I don't see my vote changing much the next couple of days anyways.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Deadline is set for December 30th at 1700 CC Time.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby pancakemix on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Mets, are you willing to move on from your plan? I consider it the more dangerous option,especially without the PGO safety blanket.
Epic Win

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:58 pm

Hey folks Merry Christmas.

I am alive been traveling. To TFO...I got three stents and a defibrillator. I also use to get gall stones all the time Gawd it was suckage, I am glad they finally removed it. No prob;ems since.

The way I see the game.

Strike and HS are tops to lynch BUT PCM makes me uncomfortable as well. It is nothing I can put my finger on ...still.

On day one Strike really had me believing he was scum by his play. Granted it was his attitude towards me. He was calling me out for not scum hunting while he himself was not doing anything.

HS really has not done much though. 6 of one half dozen of another I guess.

Mets what exactly is this plan?? I think it;s time we cut the crap. We have 5 more days.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Whatever, I'm not going to fight over it, y'all win

vote hotshot

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:49 pm

What the Hell

Vote Hotshot

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:42 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Whatever, I'm not going to fight over it, y'all win

vote hotshot

By "y'all" you mean scum...
Major HotShot53

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Vote Count:

Hotshot53: pancakemix, strike wolf, metsfanmax, ?????
strike wolf: ptlowe, hotshot53

That's a lynch. Scene to follow.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:21 pm

The townsfolk remained divided, unsure which way to go. The local town busdriver seemed suspicious and like a good candidate for the lynch, however.. the mirror also seemed like a good suspect. Claiming he was trying to get the mafia on him, but always seemed to remain behind the scenes. The town talked long into the day on who to lynch, but when the sun was finally setting into the horizon, they had settled on the mirror. They walked up to the specially designated post the town had erected to put him on everyday so that it could speak and looked into the mirror. The town, with a final nod, took the mirror off the hook, and THREW IT ON THE GROUND. The mirror shattered and they found a note behind the glass. "I am mafia."

Hotshot53, Mirror, Mafia Reflector, has been lynched!

Night 4 has begun. Deadline is December 29th at 17:00 CC time
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives