Conquer Club

[Exp] CYOC! #4 Endgame! Town wins, you filthy animals

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Exp] CYOC! #4 [5/15] N4 Mirror mirror on the wall

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 pm

The few townsfolk remaining slept light, hoping that they could survive the night without losing their life. One member decided not to go far, heading to the front door and wired it, setting explosives along the doorway, as well throughout his house. He was willing to take himself out in hopes that he would do away with the awful mafia that had plagued this town, but...

As the magician was doing his work, Imperator Furiosa set out into the night, switching two of her fellow townsfolk around, then headed back home, hoping she had done enough to prevent the enemies plans from working.

At last, the last member of the town with a action set out to do his bidding. He went to perform his night action, without realizing he had been switched. Once he got home, he timed bomb his house, hoping in a last ditch effort to use the driver of the town to cause mass confusion, but his plan was for not, as the driver had not switched him around, and his house went up in an explosion.

Iron Butterfly, The Thing Town 1-Shot Bulletproof/Paranoid Gun-Owner has been killed.

Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: [Exp] CYOC! #4 [5/15] N4 Mirror mirror on the wall

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:29 pm

The remaining 4 town members met up and looked at each other in confusion. How could it be? All of their roles checked out... "Wait!" Exclaimed Wolverine, and they headed back to The Thing's house. When they got back to the body, they had discovered that they had been deceived...

Iron Butterfly has been revealed to actually be a Mafia Shapeshifter.

Town Wins!
Third Party Survivor/Vote Gainer/1-Shot BP Wins!

I'll post everybodies roles in a bit.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: [Exp] CYOC! #4 Endgame! Town wins, you filthy animals

Postby ptlowe on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:36 pm

hahahaha PCM was third party survivor. I knew you werent town.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:46 pm

show: Roles

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/PiDw93c5Ugure - Mafia
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/mtNU3ggp2f4u - Dead Chat
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Please please please let me know how I did, and what I can improve on. I plan on hosting again sometime soon (Hopefully I don't get kidney stones).

If you guys have questions on a roles mechanics, hopefully I can explain it and my thinking.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Marashu on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks for running, TFO! Good game, everyone!
Captain Marashu

Postby Marashu on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:53 pm

I think you did a great job. Could you post night actions?

It was my first time as a cop. I decided N1 to investigate someone who, if town, would be better to have as confirmed later in the game, and as scum, would be tough to tell, so I checked Mets. I thought I cleared him D2, but the only one who caught it was Endgame. N2 I checked strike, because he and Mets had been arguing all game and I thought it would be helpful to bridge that.
Captain Marashu

Postby ptlowe on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:00 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Please please please let me know how I did, and what I can improve on. I plan on hosting again sometime soon (Hopefully I don't get kidney stones).

If you guys have questions on a roles mechanics, hopefully I can explain it and my thinking.

Really awesome host. If you ever need a comod (after February 1) just let me know.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby strike wolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:20 pm

See I knew IB would expect me to switch him with someone so I did not do that. Bwahahaha.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Btw, not sure if we are doing MVPs but my vote goes to PCM. well played.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby ptlowe on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:22 pm

strike wolf wrote:Btw, not sure if we are doing MVPs but my vote goes to PCM. well played.

Mine goes to mets
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby madmitch on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:23 pm

great game thanks for hosting
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Looking back I was suspicious of all 4 scum day 1 and was mostly right with my town reads (Mets, End and to a lesser extent Wing being the excsptions)

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Actually I take that back. I didn't get suspicious of hotshot till day 2 I think.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby ptlowe on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:43 pm

strike wolf wrote:See I knew IB would expect me to switch him with someone so I did not do that. Bwahahaha.

lol well done bro
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Marashu wrote:I think you did a great job. Could you post night actions?

It was my first time as a cop. I decided N1 to investigate someone who, if town, would be better to have as confirmed later in the game, and as scum, would be tough to tell, so I checked Mets. I thought I cleared him D2, but the only one who caught it was Endgame. N2 I checked strike, because he and Mets had been arguing all game and I thought it would be helpful to bridge that.

I'll try to. I make no promises as my computer had a bit of a heart attack.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Good game all, and thanks for hosting TFO.

If only IB hadn't been away for those couple days... we were 1 vote away from lynching strike; lynch him, kill mets, and that's game over, scum wins. I thought for sure I'd be the easy lynch, was very surprised we got that close to the mislynch and win.

When IB was given a mirror, that was too funny... I was afraid no-one would believe my role after that. Getting 2 kills with the mirrors was nice...

I think the biggest issue with the game was that there were too many unkillable (or almost unkillable) people... going into that last night was 1 unkillable, and 1 almost unkillable, which left only 2 possible targets... and with a bus driver around, very risky shooting either of them. I wouldn't have thought of shooting myself expecting to get bus driven like IB did... good strategy, unfortunately strike thought of it also lol. But it was all set up since half the people alive couldn't be shot.
Major HotShot53

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Ok. Wow. I seriously misplayed D4 then. I really really just didn't think that two mafia left was a serious possibility, especially because I was somewhat confident that PCM was third party. And all of my analysis was based on that. Of course I considered the angle that IB was playing towny and going on the Tim lynch to gain fake town cred, but it just seemed so unlikely for him to actively try and lynch Tim and leave himself as the last remaining scum. This is a really good lesson in being very careful when you play the metagame. My read on Hotshot was solid, but my read on IB was completely confounded by my metagaming, and it shouldn't have been.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 pm

Fuuuuuck I had a whole post and refreshed the page on accident.

I brought up looking at who Mars liked after he died. Why was the SK the only one who took me up on that?

I didn't realize how close it was at the end there. I also could have just ended it by voting strike. Huh. :P

@Mets, what was you planned action if we lynched strike?

@PT, I may not have been town, but I played hard for town. Don't complain :P

@TFO:

1. What process did you use for determining roles and alignment?
2. Why was I a survivor?

I'd also agree with HS: too much protection. You probably could have cut the doc and made Benga something else. Then again, balance is moot in CYOC, so...

Overall, that was a lot of fun. Thanks for carrying the torch on this one. I think it's a great format and you did it justice. :)
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Ok. Wow. I seriously misplayed D4 then. I really really just didn't think that two mafia left was a serious possibility, especially because I was somewhat confident that PCM was third party. And all of my analysis was based on that. Of course I considered the angle that IB was playing towny and going on the Tim lynch to gain fake town cred, but it just seemed so unlikely for him to actively try and lynch Tim and leave himself as the last remaining scum. This is a really good lesson in being very careful when you play the metagame. My read on Hotshot was solid, but my read on IB was completely confounded by my metagaming, and it shouldn't have been.

Ooooh, how'd you know?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby strike wolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:54 pm

So we had 75% success in lynching and ~28% success in getting anti-town killed over night. I'll take those odds in any game. IB probably already knows this but I switched Pancake with PTlowe the last night (After considering that no mafia would try to kill me since i was a good mislynch I ruled out myself as a switch candidate plus I was getting bored of that. IB as I said I ruled out as he might think it smart to target himself in hopes of being redirected to a more important role. No one was going to target PT so he couldn't be the focus of directing away. So Pancake and Mets. There was still a very slim chance that Mets could be scum and PCM was the bigger threat to mafia with his extra vote so I took the chance that my action would succeed and keep mafia away from him. Now who to direct him from. IB was out of the picture for reasons mentioned above. mets was out of the picture since he was a plausible kill choice. So it was me or PT. I didn't really want to risk dying in a way that would be less likely to eliminate mafia and I had already made it seem like i would never visit PT (but after learning my action would still be successful even if I did die from PGO...) I decided more or less on "Sure. why not? WCS. I am eliminated as a potential mislynch" Of course I wasn't considering PCM being third party.).

pancakemix wrote:Fuuuuuck I had a whole post and refreshed the page on accident.

I brought up looking at who Mars liked after he died. Why was the SK the only one who took me up on that?

I didn't realize how close it was at the end there. I also could have just ended it by voting strike. Huh.

Can I just say I am glad you didn't?

pancakemix wrote:@PT, I may not have been town, but I played hard for town. Don't complain

This is very true. I am counting you as a successful town read btw.

pancakemix wrote:I'd also agree with HS: too much protection. You probably could have cut the doc and made Benga something else. Then again, balance is moot in CYOC, so...

To be fair, the PGO could have been very damaging if it hadn't been exposed early. So many might have died through it and only mafia would learn directly from the mistake. The mirror was for mafia and pancake was third party. Still a lot of protection all around.

HotShot53 wrote:good strategy, unfortunately strike thought of it also lol.

If you can't tell from my above commentatings, I thought of and overthought a lot of things in my last action. ;)

ptlowe wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Btw, not sure if we are doing MVPs but my vote goes to PCM. well played.

Mine goes to mets

I can't get down with voting mets for MVP. No offense meant as he is a very good player and he played well today (As fruitless as most of it was, I really did enjoy our back and forth on Day 4) but he was not the major turning point in lynching any scum (except Streaker indirectly), he gave a protection to scum and his plan on Day 4 if we had went with it would have lost us the game.

Quick question for Mets: If you knew Pancake was third party wouldn't a mislynch on me with only one scum still have made it a near unwinnable situation for town? (down to 4 (Likely as no one could have kept mafia from killing you with me gone unless you could visit yourself), PCM probably changes sides and sides with mafia to lynch PT and town wouldn't be able to prevent the lynch.)

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:59 pm

pancakemix wrote:Fuuuuuck I had a whole post and refreshed the page on accident.

I didn't realize how close it was at the end there. I also could have just ended it by voting strike. Huh. :P

@Mets, what was you planned action if we lynched strike?

@PT, I may not have been town, but I played hard for town. Don't complain :P

@TFO:

1. What process did you use for determining roles and alignment?
2. Why was I a survivor?

I'd also agree with HS: too much protection. You probably could have cut the doc and made Benga something else. Then again, balance is moot in CYOC, so...

Overall, that was a lot of fun. Thanks for carrying the torch on this one. I think it's a great format and you did it justice. :)

So I had some set roles that I had that I specifically put into "Town" "Mafia" "3rd Party" "In between". I personally had a slight issue where any role could be anything. A cop mafia was useless to me. As well as mafia roles coming up town. Take for instance the Moon. I had thought of putting it as a town role, then realized that's a hell of a mafia role too. So I picked certain roles once I gave them out and did a random.org thing to determine who went mafia who went town.

I considered you a survivor based on your character. You draw another one if you survive. I gave you a vest because you had a slight luck base to being targeted, and I like giving Survivors a fairly decent chance.

I do admit I wasn't expecting my PGO to claim d1. For the record, his vest wasn't hit.

But I felt very confident pregame that I gave mafia and town a very good shot at winning. If streaker found the cop or watcher, he was over powered, so I tried balancing that out too. The one thing I wanted to see was if IB died and flipped an unclaimed town role. I was very intrigued with how it would work out. Looking back at it, I wish I tweaked his role slightly to make it more plausible for a forum game (the mechanics came from a website that doesn't have names. Just username+ role).
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:10 am

pancakemix wrote:@Mets, what was you planned action if we lynched strike?

I had several different ideas. Perhaps the simplest one was just to do something like kill IB (with poison or something, for the flavor aspect). Then if the game wasn't over, you'd just know to lynch HS at that point. I didn't end up checking most of my ideas for validity with TFO though.

pancakemix wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Ok. Wow. I seriously misplayed D4 then. I really really just didn't think that two mafia left was a serious possibility, especially because I was somewhat confident that PCM was third party. And all of my analysis was based on that. Of course I considered the angle that IB was playing towny and going on the Tim lynch to gain fake town cred, but it just seemed so unlikely for him to actively try and lynch Tim and leave himself as the last remaining scum. This is a really good lesson in being very careful when you play the metagame. My read on Hotshot was solid, but my read on IB was completely confounded by my metagaming, and it shouldn't have been.

Ooooh, how'd you know?

I don't think you necessarily slipped. Rather, your role just sounded so classically third-party survivor that I just kind of used that as my default assumption, and read your posts in that light, and they made sense in that perspective. But what made me a little more confident was your stark unwillingness to play my statistical game. That made much more sense if you're third party because you can't take chances with your own death, the way I was willing to sacrifice myself for the win. Would I have noticed that angle if your role was more inherently town-sounding? Absolutely not. But I was already in that frame of mind, and so I was somewhat suspicious of that.

I just didn't say anything because what was the point? You were clearly playing for a town win, and that's all that mattered to me.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:40 am

While great for Town End had no shot what so ever. To have that many unkillables and a role that can hand out items by choice makes it a losing battle. The game was only close because we got lucky with the mirror and End killing himself. Losing Streaker day one was game over as all we had was a RB, role cop and passive mirror. There were just to many roles in play to over come.

My role was suppose to flip Town and the role of the person I investigated. At its best it is an exchange and applicable in limited circumstances so I was just a role cop in the end.
Streaker had an interesting role as he could deflect a players action into a kill, which is what happened night one.

I died because I targeted my self hoping I would be flipped with someone else. It was all guessing at the end I just over thought it.

Karma for having an unkillable role last CYOC game I guess.

GG folks. Id like to think we kept it competitive anyways.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:21 am

For future reference, if I should die N1 by mafia hands, and IB does not. IB is mafia. :lol:

(obviously no longer true as I have revealed this, but it was up till now)
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives