Conquer Club

Streaker's F11 Game Over (4/9) MAFIA WIN (archive plz)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Streaker's F11 Game Over (4/9) MAFIA WIN

Postby Epitaph1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Good work, scum. And thanks for hosting this, Streaker. =D> =D> =D>

After I re-read through D1, I thought to myself, "If ptolwe is scum, we're screwed." He came across pretty town in D1 with how he was willing to push things, but not get out of hand. Then he really went quiet and scummarined after that but claimed traveling and blah blah. I just couldn't see him making it to the top of our suspect list anytime soon.

The mafia handled Tim very well, and that was quite a gambit to leave him alive N1. If I would have been scum in this set up and someone softclaimed PR, I would have NK'd him in an instant. That said, I haven't read your QT yet to see how you guys thought through that scenario.

I thought risky was scum early but came around to him on D3. He was really hitting his stride by then. mitch I still had no idea about, which is pretty much every game I'm in with him :lol: . I was probably going push skw but hadn't made up my mind 100% on him either.

---

Yeah, and I didn't think about the double hammer. D'oh! gg, everyone.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby ptlowe on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:35 pm

I was legit quiet the last few days timed out well for me. I changed jobs and moved 3000 miles....so wasnt lieing missedw bunch of turns as well.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby Epitaph1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:41 pm

3000 miles? Did you change coasts?
Major Epitaph1

Postby ptlowe on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Epitaph1 wrote:3000 miles? Did you change coasts?

San francisco to boston. Moved last weekend started monday my life is nuts lol atm
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby Epitaph1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:43 pm

You'll have to grab some steamahs or some lobstah down by the harbah now that you're in bean town.
Major Epitaph1

Postby rizky_biznezz on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:52 pm

I don't understand why Mitch voted so quick we had ages to go lol.. I had suspicions on those 2 early but then with the whole tim thing I thought maybe Tim is bluffing and pt is the cop because he was so sure of epi.. Then once it was revealed that it wasnt pt and they both came out firing and then epi saying he thought I was town ( he would have pushed for me too if he was scum) I thought we might get it.. Came on to start making points and it was too late lol

Thanks streaker for hosting and thanks everyone for a fun time :)
Sergeant 1st Class rizky_biznezz

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:33 am

Its part of Mitch's play style. Votes like a gunslinger, fast and carefree shooting from the hip. If you're ever mafia dont nightkill Mitch :D

That said, Mitch has come a long way, and I firmly believe that he knows more than he lets on in thread.

SKW told you all that the real cop shouldnt counter claim. You really all needed to think through the logic of that. A cop with one night result shouldnt give up their life to nail a scum whilst revealing a confirmed townie by investigation?
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby bosaardbeitje on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:31 am

Good point. That was a genuine question from my side and since no one argued about what Subtle said, I believed it. On the other hand, I also thought that if the cop would have something interesting to say, they would come forward themselves.
Private bosaardbeitje

Postby subtleknifewield on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:44 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Its part of Mitch's play style. Votes like a gunslinger, fast and carefree shooting from the hip. If you're ever mafia dont nightkill Mitch :D

That said, Mitch has come a long way, and I firmly believe that he knows more than he lets on in thread.

SKW told you all that the real cop shouldnt counter claim. You really all needed to think through the logic of that. A cop with one night result shouldnt give up their life to nail a scum whilst revealing a confirmed townie by investigation?

To be fair I was thinking like a townie when I said that. I specified that a cop shouldn't counterclaim unless it was absolutely necessary. Usually a cop should only claim when it's getting at or close to lylo.
Sergeant 1st Class subtleknifewield

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:12 pm

subtleknifewield wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Its part of Mitch's play style. Votes like a gunslinger, fast and carefree shooting from the hip. If you're ever mafia dont nightkill Mitch :D

To be fair I was thinking like a townie when I said that. I specified that a cop shouldn't counterclaim unless it was absolutely necessary. Usually a cop should only claim when it's getting at or close to lylo.

Thinking like a townie without the confusion of a townie! Bit more empathy required next time.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby subtleknifewield on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:15 pm

II'm sorry, what does empathy have to do with this discussion? That is honestly what I believe to be townie advice.
Sergeant 1st Class subtleknifewield

Postby Streaker on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:58 am

-Madmitch

show

-bosaardbeitje

show

-subtleknifewield

show

-ptlowe

show

-wcwnww, replaced by Razorvich

show

-Epitaph1

show

-Aage

show

-rizky_biznezz

show

-TimWoodbury

show

In general, this game is about more then reading other players as scum. You need to be able and read town play as well, and manage to convince others of your opinion.
This was a very, very good 'noob' game, and an incredible level of activity. I enjoyed hosting it very much, and I hope you guys all stick around and play the other games.

If anyone of you has any questions, pm any of us.
If anyone wants to give a better analysis of play of everyone, please do so. I'd be eager to see what everyone thought.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Re: Streaker's F11 Game Over (4/9) MAFIA WIN (archive plz)

Postby bosaardbeitje on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks for hosting and for the feedback Streaker! Everyone else thanks for playing. Couldn't have wished for a nicer, funnier, crazier first game!

Private bosaardbeitje

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives