Conquer Club

[SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia - Over - Mafia Wins - MVP Aladdin

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:54 pm

the white rose
33%
Metsfanmax
7%
Iron Butterfly
No votes
AladdinSane
47%
madmitch
7%
/ aka Slash
7%
Rishaed
No votes
other (by post)
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: [SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia - Over - Mafia Wins - MVP Aladd

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:42 am

Dukasaur wrote:Congrats to the Winners and all the Participants from the Community Team!

Prize disbursements coming very soon.

Hmm... the (original) mods promised me special prize for screwing me over with my role, but I don't see anything in that list. I guess they weren't around anymore to add it to the other prizes lol.
Major HotShot53

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:48 am

HotShot53 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Congrats to the Winners and all the Participants from the Community Team!

Hmm... the (original) mods promised me special prize for screwing me over with my role, but I don't see anything in that list. I guess they weren't around anymore to add it to the other prizes lol.

Never fear, I'll pass credits your way!
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:00 am

HotShot53 wrote:

Let's get back to this... in which post did you even try to defend yourself? I couldn't find any.... so yeah, you were screwed, but you accepted it.
Captain dakky21

Re: [SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia (28/28) Day 1 started!

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 am

dakky21 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

Let's get back to this... in which post did you even try to defend yourself? I couldn't find any.... so yeah, you were screwed, but you accepted it.

HotShot53 wrote:I made it safely to brazil, but been kind of busy with all the traveling and all, so haven't had time to catch up yet. As to what I meant by saying a lynched usually targets a role rather than a player, I meant that I thought a lyncher usually is "lynch the role cop" rather than "lynch madmitch". It'd be too easy for them if they just had one person to lynch and knew exactly who it was immediately. So that's why I'm not really sure how IB knows he wants to lynch me so much.

My role doesn't seem to refer to anything about an insane asylum, so I'm not sure what that's about. And I do not have any killing powers; anyone is welcome to follow me around tonight and they'll see that I don't kill someone. Since it seems I will be killed if I don't defend myself with a claim or something, I will say that I am a survivor, my whole goal is getting to endgame (hopefully with town). So I guess it's IB's goal to lynch me, and my goal to just stay alive. As a third party survivor, my death won't help town at all since some scum could be happy to join in lynching me also; the results of the vote won't help anything.

My defense was here... what else could I say on day 1 when someone came out saying I was dangerous to town and should be lynched? There is no defense to that.
Major HotShot53

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:26 am

Actually you could have (fake) claimed town cop or doctor because it was likely that there is more than 1 of each in a game this size. Claiming survivor never helps.
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am

dakky21 wrote:Actually you could have (fake) claimed town cop or doctor because it was likely that there is more than 1 of each in a game this size. Claiming survivor never helps.

Leave it Dakky. If you wanted someone to play a particular way then include it in their role.

Words such as "likely" have no place here.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:11 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
dakky21 wrote:Actually you could have (fake) claimed town cop or doctor because it was likely that there is more than 1 of each in a game this size. Claiming survivor never helps.

Leave it Dakky. If you wanted someone to play a particular way then include it in their role.

Well, if you're at L-1 and will be lynched anyway, what's the problem with fake claiming some really important role?

It's "likely" you'll get lynched anyway, but at least you tried.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Maybe claiming doc or cop would have temporarily kept me alive... but I wouldn't have been able to keep that up and survive. My only chance at actually fully surviving was claiming 3rd party survivor and hoping people would look elsewhere... if I survived day 1 with that claim I'd have a better chance of surviving the game than claiming cop/doc would.
Major HotShot53

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:23 pm

dakky21 wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:

Well, if you're at L-1 and will be lynched anyway, what's the problem with fake claiming some really important role?

It's "likely" you'll get lynched anyway, but at least you tried.

You will be counterclaimed and lynched D2. What have you achieved? Nothing.

It doesnt matter how long you live in Mafia. A loss is a loss. Hotshot had to survive to endgame, there was only one way he was going to do that given the role IB had. And that was to be honest and claim survivor, hoping that it could be verifyed by investigation.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Re: [SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins - MVP

Postby ptlowe on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Investigated TWR because investigating you would be awaste as I knew you were mafia duh
AladdinSane wrote:
ptlowe wrote:i voted TWR MVP

I KNEW UR WERE SKUM AL

LOL reelly? Becorse you investimagated Storr N1 and TWR N2... If you "knew" I was scum, why not investimagate me? Enyway, feel free to join Wing and Player (and others, most likely) in teh "I So Knew Aladdin Was Mafia But I Dident Get To Do Enytink About It" Club, if it makes you feel beter. And why dident you get to do enytink about it? Oh yeh, becorse you told Mafia you were Town cop and we sent you to sleep wit teh fishes.

Anyhoo, thanks to all who voted for me. After a lot of deliberation I voted for Mets. I could just as easily have voted for TWR but I felt Mets deserved to get some votes too, and I had access to some of his thought processes in Mafia chat throughout the game, so I could see his thinking was really solid throughout. Well played to both.

Hope to see you all in another game some time! Player, you should give it another go, in a less confusing game. The Beginner game I played in earlier was far better as an introduction to Mafia than this one.

:twisted: :twisted: El Turperbuoco Diablo, aka AladdinSane aka Mysterioso :twisted: :twisted:
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Re: [SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins - MVP

Postby AladdinSane on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:19 am

ptlowe wrote:Investigated TWR because investigating you would be awaste as I knew you were mafia duh

Then you don't understand the cop role. The point of being a cop is to investigate those you suspect of being Mafia so you can announce your investigation result and get them lynched. When you just say "I know X is Mafia", you carry no more weight than a VT saying the same thing.

Just think: If you had (1) kept your mouth shut about being cop a little longer, and (2) investigated me N2, you could have announced D3 that you were cop and had found me anti-Town. Most likely I would have been lynched ahead of Falko and - who knows? - Town might well have won.
Cook AladdinSane

Postby benga on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:18 am

dakky fucked up game by providing wrong intel
not sure what are you all yapping here anyway
he did it by mistake, not intention
Sergeant benga

Postby Razorvich on Thu May 12, 2016 9:06 am

Credits, medals and stars have now been allocated out.

Congratz to rishaed for being awarded the
YELLOW STAR
(Random number drawn by my children)

And to madmitch for recieving the PINK STAR
The pink was decided this way:
show

You guys know this event, if there has been any errors in prize allocation.. P.M. me please.

RAZ.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives