Conquer Club

[SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia - Over - Mafia Wins - MVP Aladdin

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:54 pm

the white rose
33%
Metsfanmax
7%
Iron Butterfly
No votes
AladdinSane
47%
madmitch
7%
/ aka Slash
7%
Rishaed
No votes
other (by post)
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: [SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia (28/28) Day 1 started!

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:43 pm

My first post in the game is below:

show

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Image

hehe
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Re: [SPECIAL] Surprise Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:52 pm

Town

PTLowe
show

Marashu
show

Benga
show

Ragian
show

LSU Tiger Josh
show

Skoffin
show

TimWoodbury
show

Mtam
show

Catchers
show

IronButterfly
show

TheChuck
show

Virus90
show

DJPatrick
show

Falko
show

Degaston
show

Rizky
show

Warrior65
show

Players
show

Storrzerg
show

Mafia

Pancakemix
show

Aladdin
show

Rishaed
show

/ (aka slash)
show

Metsfanmax
show

The White Rose
show

Third party

Madmitch (Only non-random role ;) )
show

Hotshot
show

WhatSausage
show
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:54 pm

It is worth noting that Rishaed is also victorious. PancakeMix is not because he was modkilled, and I dont permit modkilled players to win.

Actions:

show
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:32 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:TWR for MVP

Did you even have any idea that was coming? (For those who arent aware, The White Rose was not aware who his partners were, and the rest of mafia were not aware of the existance of another member)

Not really. I suspected that there was a mafia-aligned person in the game, and I suspected that TWR was lying about the full extent of his role, but I didn't piece together that TWR was the mafia-aligned person, because I suspected a mafia-aligned person to be vanilla otherwise.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:38 pm

WOW WOW WOW.
Insane cops and inventers. No protection.
The Alamo X ten.

Hotshot never had a chance.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:44 pm

I think that overall Streaker and dakky did a good job balancing this game, but I still just don't understand the reasoning related to IB's role. He's right, Hotshot never had a chance.

Anyway, thanks to both of them and also to Wing for modding.

Postby rishaed on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:WOW WOW WOW.
Insane cops and inventers. No protection.
The Alamo X ten.

Hotshot never had a chance.

yeah... something like that. The only thing that i'm amazed about is that A. Aladdin was able to Text wall himself out of a lynch. B. Mafia even won at all. WP by aladdin there. Props on getting out of the lynch. The fact that TWR was cleared by benga/marashu was nice as well... but still caused confusion.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby / on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh dear, someone bring my crying handkerchief.

Congrats on the win folks! Well earned.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby the white rose on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:38 pm

MVP for me has to be aladin had me completely fooled with his in depth analysis of the game, still cannot believe he was scum, was gonna be my next kill
Sergeant 1st Class the white rose

Postby the white rose on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I think that overall Streaker and dakky did a good job balancing this game, but I still just don't understand the reasoning related to IB's role. He's right, Hotshot never had a chance.

Anyway, thanks to both of them and also to Wing for modding.

from IB's role pm, it suggests that he cannot name the player nor his role, yet on D1 he came right out with it leaving hotshot no chance.

thanks to the mods who controlled this difficult game, i sure enjoyed it.

think i played the town role better than i have ever played, shame i was mafia

one question i would like mafia to answer, why was their no nk on n3, and why was i never targetted if you believed i was town, yeah alright thats 2 questions

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 pm

the white rose wrote:one question i would like mafia to answer, why was their no nk on n3

We targeted Marashu. I still don't know why he did not die. The action notes suggest that he was 1-shot BP at the time, but I don't know how that happened.

and why was i never targetted if you believed i was town

Simply put, we believed what you claimed in the thread. You went out of your way to say it didn't make sense for you to claim, it would negate your role. So for me, the best bet was that you were bulletproof (I even said in this thread that I thought this was the most likely explanation), and so attempting to kill you didn't make sense.

Postby the white rose on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:01 pm

is there a dead chat?

or can we see the mafia chat now?

Postby rizky_biznezz on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:06 am

well done mafia.. im not overly surprised but that's because i had thought about every possible scenario lol.... you all played really well congrats :)

glad that its over though lol.. thanks dakky and streaker for starting and wing for taking over

gg all
Sergeant 1st Class rizky_biznezz

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:21 am

The dead chat is at http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RmiZDfHEquw .... I was a very long term resident there lol.

The mods admitted after I died that I was kind of screwed over, I had pretty much no chance.

TWR hinting and then claiming bulletproof was a brilliant move on his part, since his only real risk was the other scum shooting him. Would have been such a surprise to them to find out they shot their friend lol. It was actually a mistake giving the scum read to the insane cop... he should have gotten a clean read, apparently dakky forgot he was insane, and when wing caught it, it was too late to correct it by then. With him being 1-shot unlynchable, it almost helped town after all.

Player actually did better than she thought... she was pointing out most of the scum, but unfortunately was discouraged from the mislynches and no-one else trusted her. You should try playing again player, most games are not nearly as crazy as this one was.
Major HotShot53

Postby madmitch on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:03 am

great game thanks, nice paying TWR ,had everyone fooled ,good job.
Cadet madmitch

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:11 am

HotShot53 wrote:The dead chat is at http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RmiZDfHEquw .... I was a very long term resident there lol.

The mods admitted after I died that I was kind of screwed over, I had pretty much no chance.

TWR hinting and then claiming bulletproof was a brilliant move on his part, since his only real risk was the other scum shooting him. Would have been such a surprise to them to find out they shot their friend lol. It was actually a mistake giving the scum read to the insane cop... he should have gotten a clean read, apparently dakky forgot he was insane, and when wing caught it, it was too late to correct it by then. With him being 1-shot unlynchable, it almost helped town after all.

Player actually did better than she thought... she was pointing out most of the scum, but unfortunately was discouraged from the mislynches and no-one else trusted her. You should try playing again player, most games are not nearly as crazy as this one was.

I checked with The White Rose just before the game end what his reads were, and he was sure IB was mafia. LOL

What surprised me, is nobody connected that White Rose had softclaimed bulletproof early in the game, then when claiming unlynchable suggested that he had withold his claim to try and draw a night killl..... Aladdin managed to utter both parts in a single post and yet didnt make the leap. Actually there were a lot of times Aladdin put together perfect scum cases against Mets and Slash without quite finishing them off for obvious reasons.

Mafia Chat

http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/5qTeUGEuaeMc
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby benga on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:52 am

for me aladdin dominated this game, but i just could not force myself to read all his posts

@rish i didnt clear twr

too bad about hotshot, would love to see his roll in action :)
Sergeant benga

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:00 am

Great game, everyone. I don't know who won. This became too many pages :)
Captain Ragian

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:01 am

HotShot53 wrote:Player actually did better than she thought... she was pointing out most of the scum, but unfortunately was discouraged from the mislynches and no-one else trusted her. You should try playing again player, most games are not nearly as crazy as this one was.

I am glad I tried the game, though it turned out to just be a bad time for me RL for a lot of different reasons as the game progressed. Per playing again -- I may at some point, but not right away, and yes, definitely a simpler game! The big thing is that I am not that great at deception, though I do love strategy games. Being able to see patterns is only part of this game. You also have to be able to pull others into your realm, and I am not the best at that, either.

Anyway, thanks for the try and yes.. well done mafia, particularly TWR, mets and Aladdin.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby dakky21 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:20 am

BTW Hotshot's role was a complete lie.

If only he live a little more because he was supposed to be "insane" so his every action would fail.

Also, if only Aladdin ate apple D2... it would remove his language impairment.... to others, it did pretty much nothing.
Captain dakky21

Postby degaston on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 am

Ragian,I really wish you had handled the gun situation differently.

Mods will not allow you to invent 'killer' items...

Wouldn't a gun that kills the user be considered a "killer" item? And even if it wasn't, or if the kill setting did nothing, lying about making a killer item when your role says that you can't seems like a recipe for trouble.

And why not at least give unambiguous descriptions of what the other two settings did? I might still have tried to kill Mitch, but I might have waited if I knew what my other options were. And if you still trusted me more than Mitch when I tried to kill him (Mitch had been lying about many things by then), you could have let me know then what the weapon would do. Or when I switched to wounding him, you could have let us know that it would not kill him, so I don't think that your inventions do nothing.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:35 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
the white rose wrote:one question i would like mafia to answer, why was their no nk on n3

We targeted Marashu. I still don't know why he did not die.

Ah, this was explained in the dead chat. Storr's revivals get a 1-shot bulletproof vest, but that wasn't in Storr's role PM.

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:37 am

I'm going to add my voice to the chorus of people handing props to Aladdin. His posts got so unbearable that at some point even I stopped reading them, and just hoped that he wasn't screwing things up.

Postby the white rose on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:53 am

Welcome, the white rose, you are the Devil (mafia alligned).
Abilities:
You have a 1-time kill, usable at any time starting N1 (anonymous, published in game, will mention Devil). Kill is replenished with every 4 deaths in game (including your own kill). You do not know the other Mafia players. You are unkillable, except by the mafia nightkill. You die when last mafia dies.
Win condition:
You win when mafia equals or outnumbers Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

I actually queried this role as it appeared to me that there was nothing to stop me claiming devil on day one as i could not be lynched and of course then mafia would not kill me. mafia could then just give me instructions in open chat as to who to kill.

So the role was changed to a 1 shot unlynchable and a 1 shot unnightkillable.

I was going to claim to be town god till storr beat me to it.

would have made my life much more difficult had ptlowe not decided to claim town cop on day one, he investigated me n1, found me antitown but was nkd before he could pass this on to town. A very good reason not to mass claim, take note storr and wcg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:06 pm

the white rose wrote:A very good reason not to mass claim, take note storr and wcg

I disagree. The number of times players, IB in particular, asked people for claims AFTER massclaim was ridiculous. The information wasnt used once Storr died, so I dont think a judgement can really be made.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives