Conquer Club

One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Town wins!

Postby Falkomagno on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 am

ou damn! Well played town.

I had to solve two points, first to believe or not Doom. I was 80% sure he was werewolf, so i decided i was still the minion and we have to win either by killing a villager or killing me. Almost worked!

there was still that 20% that make difficult to build a case against BuJ that was very townish, risking that he end up being the minion, due to the doom'claim.

I thought then that the werewolves were Marashu and Doom, always thought Ragian was town as hell! if i would vote anyone else, we could won...but Ragian was a weird wolf.

Well played all of you! it was interesting and nice game!
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby BuJaber on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Wow.. I knew it. We had 2 werewolves, 1 minion AND a tanner. That's why it was so difficult.

Thankfully IB voted for ragian lol. I tore my hair out working through the possibilities. Falko that was a very good job. Trusting that doom was not troublemaker there almost won you the game. I had to really just zone in on the villager claims and play them in my head countless time before I figured out that Ragian is the best vote. Though I was still not sure at all and had to risk the vote AND I had to assume I remained villager. Ragian really did play a weird wolf game. The only thing that hurt him was the insane number of villager claims and the fact that mitch went back and forth so many times.

Full disclosure with the random.org thing. I did use random.org. But went it came out as falko, I went through the posts and found that his lack of posting was rather scummy, so I decided to go with the random pick. :)

When doomyoshi didn't change his claim and claimed that me & falko had to be werewolves, I knew he had to be lying. Though by then it was too late to change my theory.

Good game everyone. Lucky win for us.
Major BuJaber

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:53 pm

.... and I was saying the truth all along... glad it went like that, I could have claime Seer but been switched...
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:51 pm

@BuJ, why a weird wolf?
Captain Ragian

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:00 am

BuJaber wrote:Wow.. I knew it. We had 2 werewolves, 1 minion AND a tanner. That's why it was so difficult.

Thankfully IB voted for ragian lol. I tore my hair out working through the possibilities. Falko that was a very good job. Trusting that doom was not troublemaker there almost won you the game. I had to really just zone in on the villager claims and play them in my head countless time before I figured out that Ragian is the best vote. Though I was still not sure at all and had to risk the vote AND I had to assume I remained villager. Ragian really did play a weird wolf game. The only thing that hurt him was the insane number of villager claims and the fact that mitch went back and forth so many times.

Full disclosure with the random.org thing. I did use random.org. But went it came out as falko, I went through the posts and found that his lack of posting was rather scummy, so I decided to go with the random pick. :)

When doomyoshi didn't change his claim and claimed that me & falko had to be werewolves, I knew he had to be lying. Though by then it was too late to change my theory.

Good game everyone. Lucky win for us.

Yes most certainly lots of luck was involved. While not damning for any one thing Ragian did set off red flags. Yes in the end it the only sure way to catch the werewolf was to figure out who was lying as villager. I was pretty convinced you were Town with all the mental gymnastics you were doing and all the scenarios you ran with.Mafia will usually not do that to the extent you did.

I did come down to Falko and Ragian for me. Falko seemed and played scummy while Rags seemed like he was trying to be squeaky clean. As we all know hindsight is 20/20 so it was a flip of the coin more or less.

The thing I find interesting about this format is that there is so much lying and BS going on then in a standard game. Having only one shot to win brings in a bigger luck factor as well.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby BuJaber on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 am

Ragian wrote:@BuJ, why a weird wolf?

Might just be my opinion; but for a while there you could have jumped on mitch as a target. You knew that if he was telling the truth he was either witch, or minion, or been switched by robber. In all 3 cases werewolves win. Also from your perspective you would have known that marashu was tanner/robber NOT minion very early on because he was protecting mitch who you knew could not have been werewolf. Town didn't know that. You could have sold us on the idea that mitch is wolf and marashu is minion. Though I wonder how marashu would have acted if he knew he would no longer be a vote candidate. Anyway who knows, turns out your play was very good. If at any point in time I considered falko as a minion, there was no way I'd vote for you. I would have trusted you completely. =D>

I'm curious how much of your confusion/questions about rules was real and how much was acting? :lol:
Major BuJaber

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:44 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:The thing I find interesting about this format is that there is so much lying and BS going on then in a standard game. Having only one shot to win brings in a bigger luck factor as well.

Yeah, in games I've played live town often lies too, for example claims they are troublemaker and switched two people to see if they can get a wolf claim from one of them, before admitting they really didn't switch them and saying to vote the claimed wolf. Of course a tanner can claim wolf in that scenario hoping they weren't actually switched and people will vote him lol.

And yeah, luck is a big factor in this format, both of the games here so far we had 2 wolves, minion & tanner out there, plus both times a robber stole the minion, so in effect there were 2 minions (because the original minion didn't know he was now town.) Hard for town when only 3 of 8 want to kill a wolf lol. But since it's only a short one night game, people don't get as upset about bad luck since they didn't spend forever on the game and it's quick enough to play again.
Major HotShot53

Postby Ragian on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:55 am

BuJaber wrote:I'm curious how much of your confusion/questions about rules was real and how much was acting? :lol:

All the things you listed there, I could not compute as such. My questions were all genuine. I absolutely went into this game playing as a villager. I feel like my fellow werewolf screwed me over a bit :D
Captain Ragian

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives