Conquer Club

Random Historical Mafia(The Gunpowder Plot); Town Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Random Historical Mafia(The Gunpowder Plot); Town Win!

Postby Marashu on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Good game town!

We knew because we were told that we could not target mets, and mets' character name was given to us. We didn't know much else about mets, though, so if mets was somehow the vig (would make sense that we couldn't target the vig since we had a lynchproof), I tried to get town to go for him the next day. Didn't know about all those back-up vig roles, though. I suspected Wing might be vig at the start of D2, and I 100% knew Ragian was jailkeeper from his softclaim D1 (I was so sure, that if he had been alive, I might have bluffed being a rolecop and using him as a night investigation). Mitch was SUPPOSED to claim being the vig so someone would counter claim him, so we could make dakky more un-killable, but he went rogue in the end and threw us under the bus. If Wing had shot mitch or dakky N1, I was ready to claim the other kill.
Major Marashu

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:06 pm

My role PM:

william18 wrote:You are:

Princess Elizabeth Stuart (Next in Heir)

You are a member of the Town.

I am rather upset, especially with Wing and BuJaber, that I got accused of lying about it. I think I'm going to stay out of mafia for a little while.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby william18 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:16 pm

dakky21 wrote:
william18 wrote:My opinion on the game:

I feel like town got rather lucky, and actually had one of the best case scenario's play out for them. I was worried about the mafia being too deceptive so I made a bunch of back up rolls. I knew if the town didn't have a vig, they mafia would win, so I just made a bunch of backup vig roles that would override the persons previous role.

My thought on this one: I think the characters/roles weren't picked randomly. If they were, mea culpa. Mitch as a mafia is a true catastrophe... he lead us to our failure. So I believe he was put to our team on purpose. Anyway, I had to kill him to look pro town and to eliminate possibility that he gets shot. That would kill me as well.

Then again we had wrong strategy, going after inexperienced players first. I'd kill Wing N1, but since I was confirmed as lynchproof, believed Wing or IB wouldn't think I'm lynchproof Scum... so let leave them for later... Marashu and Mitch agreed and it was like that. Bad move.

So... I'll say bad game while the game was great. William did the great work, but we as scum sucked.

From now on, just to be taken into account, I'm not using this strategy anymore. If I'm scum, first come the experienced players. Bad bad bad play this game.

It was random. I don't even know what the meta is and who is known for what on this site.
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby Marashu on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:27 pm

Thanks for running, william! I thought it was a neat set-up. Couldn't tell if mafia was too strong or too weak when I first saw it. So the town knows, if I had survived D5, the king would die (in this case, Jaber).
Major Marashu

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:36 pm

I should say to william that even though I don't appreciate the bastard role, it was a good and interesting setup and I think could have been much a closer game except for the already mentioned issues with the actual mafia play.

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:06 am

Good game, thanks william for running it. After the doc died night 1, I thought for sure I'd be forced to claim and then get lynched for being a 2-shot doctor lol. Thankfully my dropped hints made people think I was important enough to leave alone, and then the cop found all the scum.

Out of curiosity, did my doc save the cop night 3? I figured scum would think with the doc dead they'd have a clean shot at the cop and would be surprised if I saved him.
Major HotShot53

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:47 am

Belated thanks William.

This is one of those games I wish we could play again not knowing what we know to see how it would turn out. But then we would forget how the first one ended.

But yeh that Dakky Marashu combo was way cool...I really wish we could get a re do to see the chaos.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby TimWoodbury on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:01 am

So wing why exactly dis you try to kill me n1 amd n2? Gg giys
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby Marashu on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:30 am

HotShot53 wrote:Good game, thanks william for running it. After the doc died night 1, I thought for sure I'd be forced to claim and then get lynched for being a 2-shot doctor lol. Thankfully my dropped hints made people think I was important enough to leave alone, and then the cop found all the scum.

Out of curiosity, did my doc save the cop night 3? I figured scum would think with the doc dead they'd have a clean shot at the cop and would be surprised if I saved him.

I'm pretty sure IB was the one dakky targeted. I wish I could have been alive to tell him to go for Wing, because at the time we thought he was the only way to kill dakky, not knowing about any back-up vigis.
Major Marashu

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:40 am

Metsfanmax wrote:My role PM:

I am rather upset, especially with Wing and BuJaber, that I got accused of lying about it. I think I'm going to stay out of mafia for a little while.

That doesnt say vanilla town.

Tim, you were acting like a jester. Every single one of your posts was nonsensical.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 am

I would also add that my opening statement on D3 was a macho challenging cry meant to get attention.

I was playing badly, IB was playing very well. I wanted to draw fire. (Unaware that my roll was crucial)
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Ragian on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:02 am

Cheers for the game. And for running it, William. I found it very interesting.

Funny how I suspected BuJ, hotshot, and greg throughout the game :roll:

@marashu, when did I softclaim? :shock:
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:04 am

Mets I'm sorry you're upset. I'm not sorry about what what Wing and I said. We found Mitch in the same way.. he sorta claimed vanilla at first. Your role has no action, but it isn't vanilla. I am sorry that we couldn't trust each other early on and cooperate: that would have saved a lot of time. Don't take a break though lol we need all the players we can get for these and you're fun.

I made a lot of mistakes this game but now I see that it was a pretty challenging setup. Also differences in strategy within town are very influential. For example I still think shooting Mets as a very bad move. Thankfully it didn't matter.

Anyway, targeting dakky was a good idea. I know that I said he was town in the end, but I would have shot him also just in case. We could always lynch the rest if he did in fact flip town. And of course if I knew we had backup vigs I would have believed IB completely. (I started having doubts, not because I don't believe IB but because it just seemed way too overpowered).

IB just for the record.. As town, I would never go completely against town unless I was absolutely sure. I believed you the whole way about dakky just thought maybe you got deceived somehow. I never stopped any lynch.
(I might have done it if I were scum, but I think I was playing very transparently).

Thanks William.

Ragian: 3 games, same pattern... at least in the beginning we always suspect each other. Also I think I'm done with the long analysing posts. It took me more than 2 hours to make that long post and I was only right about marashu.. wrong about hotshot/greg.
Major BuJaber

Postby madmitch on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:53 am

good game William , but I wished I had a back up role .but then I probably screw it up , My team mates tried to help buy telling me to say I was vig. but couldn't find a proper name to go with the ability, that is why I chose who I chose he was a scientist so I tho ught back-up docter , wrong!!! sorry team mates that I ruin your game for you, wellpayed every one. thanks it was fun\
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:34 am

madmitch wrote:good game William , but I wished I had a back up role .but then I probably screw it up , My team mates tried to help buy telling me to say I was vig. but couldn't find a proper name to go with the ability, that is why I chose who I chose he was a scientist so I tho ught back-up docter , wrong!!! sorry team mates that I ruin your game for you, wellpayed every one. thanks it was fun\

mitch, that is the case... you should have claimed vig with some obvious character which was probably given to someone.... so the real vig counter claims you... you're dead anyway... but with a counter claim, I could have shot the real Vig.

After Marashu was investigated, I tried N3 to shoot IB to prevent investigating me... but hotshot protected him.. if that passed and cop was dead, my next kill would be Wing, though didn't know about all those backup vigs... but anyway, just if night kill on IB gone through, the game would last at least few days more.

good game everyone and william thanks again for running it. Can't wait for your next game, this one was probably the funniest so far.
Captain dakky21

Postby william18 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:47 am

Yeah srry for giving you the essentially 'vanilla' role mets. You just got unlucky when i generated the roles assignment. If its any consolation I think that mafia would have tried to kill you early in the game if you were any other role.

As for mad mitch, I thought the mafia was strong enough as is, so i didn't want to give them more power roles.

Postby william18 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:51 am

I can make another one in a few weeks depending on my schedule. This time im hoping to make one that will be more classical without all the flavor mechanics.

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:05 am

dakky21 wrote:
madmitch wrote:good game William , but I wished I had a back up role .but then I probably screw it up , My team mates tried to help buy telling me to say I was vig. but couldn't find a proper name to go with the ability, that is why I chose who I chose he was a scientist so I tho ught back-up docter , wrong!!! sorry team mates that I ruin your game for you, wellpayed every one. thanks it was fun\

mitch, that is the case... you should have claimed vig with some obvious character which was probably given to someone.... so the real vig counter claims you... you're dead anyway... but with a counter claim, I could have shot the real Vig.

After Marashu was investigated, I tried N3 to shoot IB to prevent investigating me... but hotshot protected him.. if that passed and cop was dead, my next kill would be Wing, though didn't know about all those backup vigs... but anyway, just if night kill on IB gone through, the game would last at least few days more.

good game everyone and william thanks again for running it. Can't wait for your next game, this one was probably the funniest so far.

Without that definitive cop investigation, everyone would have assumed an unlynchable was town... Maybe after the backup vigs started appearing someone might have figured it out, but it would have been a hard sell. I thought my 2-shot doc was a pretty underpowered role, but turned out to help win the game lol.
Major HotShot53

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:09 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:My role PM:

That doesnt say vanilla town.

You can f*ck off. Role PMs often don't explicitly say vanilla town. VT is understood to mean no role or ability, and I was completely honest in saying that I was given no role or ability in my role PM.

Re: Random Historical Mafia: Day 1, The Letter of Conspiracy

Postby Marashu on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:51 am

Ragian wrote:@marashu, when did I softclaim? :shock:

Ragian wrote:Checking in during halftime. This game sounds captivating.

[color=#FF0000]vote Greg[/color]

Never played with him before.

Maybe not softclaim, maybe just breadcrumbs, but I saw that and expected jailkeeper, because the wording seemed really weird.
Major Marashu

Postby Ragian on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:36 am

Holy hell! You're right :shock:

That was unintended... How lame :lol:
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:54 pm

don't quit playing Mets, you are a good player ,I enjoy playing against you, I get upset and frustrated in this game especially against Dakky but I won't let it ruin the game and I hope you don't either. @ William anytime you start another game I will be there, thanks again.
Cadet madmitch

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:04 pm

good game everyone, thanks william for modding it.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Dakky, I wouldnt have counterclaimed Mitch. Just shot him.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby madmitch on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:40 pm

:o :( :cry:
Cadet madmitch

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives