Conquer Club

Random Historical Mafia(The Gunpowder Plot); Town Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Random Historical Mafia:Day 3 The Sheriff of Worchesters

Postby TimWoodbury on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:40 pm

BuJaber wrote:We were all under the impression that there are no vanilla townies. Is Mets claiming that the mod changed his mind and assigned vanilla roles after all?

already been confirmed that there IS vanillia roles in this game as mitch was GOON no role
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:47 pm

I am not insane as I determined Rags was Town night 1.

Why exactly was I investigated night one when both Dakky and Bujaber where in question, especially Bujaber?

Saying I am who I am proves nothing after the fact. I claimed cop and as mafia you would know I was cop. The only option you would have is to make your role seem as valid as possible,to appear Town.

I find it highly unlikely there is a framer and I am sorry but IF Mars is who he says The Town is completely over powered.I mean come on a Cop, Doc, Jail Keeper, Flavor Cop, Perhaps (Tracker, Watcher) Unlynchable Town, while so far We have lynched a mafia goon? It does not feel right.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is suppose to be a non VT game? Perhaps I assumed wrong?

A goon is not a VT.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 pm

BuJaber wrote:No there's an obvious description which is that both Marashu and Mets are scum and are confirming each others' identities. Town flavor cop is a brilliant fake claim .. kudos on that one. All Mets has to do is confirm he's that name.

Yes, but consider that it could work both ways. It is possible that Mars is scum and condemning me to a mislynch by making it look like we are working together, when in fact we are not because I am town.

We were all under the impression that there are no vanilla townies. Is Mets claiming that the mod changed his mind and assigned vanilla roles after all?

All I can say now is that at present I have no power/ability and no guaranteed reason to believe that I will have one in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: Random Historical Mafia: Day 1, The Letter of Conspiracy

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:48 pm

Marashu wrote:I'm not quite buying the meta read on dakky. In the last game I really remember being in with him (the Stack the Deck game), I was mafia and he was town, and I remember making a case on how quiet he was D1, then how follow-the-PR he was D2. Granted, it's different this time, since I'm town and don't actually know what he is, but based on his play so far, it's not screaming mafia to me.

Out of time, I'll try to post more tonight before bed.

This is why I do believe Marashu BESIDES the fact he came up Mafia in my investigation.

His claimed role determines flavor name, meaning a false claim will be caught. This only works at maximum effectiveness once a player in question claims.

On day one Dakky is questioned AND refuses to claim his role name for some super secrete reason. Marusha questions Dakky AND votes to lynch him in his next post. Now Dakkyis no lynch as he states he is but we have no role name. On the same day Bujaber claims King James and the Governor role.

Two ideal candidates to do a flavor check for their names. Instead he checks me? It does not add up or make sense. He could have found out if Bujaber was lying or perhaps what Dakky is hiding.

To ignore Dakky and Bujaber over me night one is a HUGE red flag on the BS Meter.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Random Historical Mafia: Day 1, The Letter of Conspiracy

Postby dakky21 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Marashu wrote:I'm not quite buying the meta read on dakky. In the last game I really remember being in with him (the Stack the Deck game), I was mafia and he was town, and I remember making a case on how quiet he was D1, then how follow-the-PR he was D2. Granted, it's different this time, since I'm town and don't actually know what he is, but based on his play so far, it's not screaming mafia to me.

Out of time, I'll try to post more tonight before bed.

This is why I do believe Marashu BESIDES the fact he came up Mafia in my investigation.

His claimed role determines flavor name, meaning a false claim will be caught. This only works at maximum effectiveness once a player in question claims.

On day one Dakky is questioned AND refuses to claim his role name for some super secrete reason. Marusha questions Dakky AND votes to lynch him in his next post. Now Dakkyis no lynch as he states he is but we have no role name. On the same day Bujaber claims King James and the Governor role.

Two ideal candidates to do a flavor check for their names. Instead he checks me? It does not add up or make sense. He could have found out if Bujaber was lying or perhaps what Dakky is hiding.

To ignore Dakky and Bujaber over me night one is a HUGE red flag on the BS Meter.

On my BS Meter you're getting quite high as well. Too much defensive, without even having a charge on you.
Captain dakky21

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 pm

So tell me where I am wrong in my assessment Instead of speaking in generalities. Then again your the same person who could not determine the difference between May be and Maybe and its grammatical differences.

What rational would a flavor cop NOT have to investigate you or Bujaber night 1?

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby BuJaber on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:14 am

IB and Mets why aren't you voting with me then? You both say he's probably scum and that you're town.

Marashu is the correct lynch for town. Regardless of whether you are town or not. You don't have to make any of us believe you.. just prove it with your actions; and whatever Marashu flips will tell us a lot. IF after that I say something you wanna defend against be my guest.. but I have no idea what marashu will flip for sure and how that will influence D4.

Wing.. when you see this you also know what to do. And if you have a night role you know what to do too. Otherwise you're the final scum (I would be very surprised if you did flip scum though).

Dakky... vote.
Major BuJaber

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:37 am

vote marashufor the obvious reasons

As for marashu giving out met's name and him claiming VT.... a whole lot of WIFOM can be thrown around with that. Hopefully night actions tonight will throw more light on that.

Why dakky is going against the claimed cop and seemingly defending marashu I have no idea... I really hope he isn't a 1-shot lynchproof scum or something.
Major HotShot53

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:43 am

BuJaber wrote:IB and Mets why aren't you voting with me then? You both say he's probably scum and that you're town.

I unvoted at Wing's request so that we would have more time for discussion. I still intend for Marashu to be lynched.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:10 am

Yes my vote is on Marshu most definitely. However a speed lynch is the last thing that was needed.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Random Historical Mafia: Day 2, The Wizard Earl

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:25 am

So long sucker.

To be honest, this quote below means I am happy with the days work. Lets see Marashu role and why he knows Mets name.

Metsfanmax wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Henry percy aka brother of thomas percy was involved in the guy fawkes stkry.

Francis Bacon was not.

That is not completely accurate. While Bacon was not directly involved in the incident, he was an influential lawyer at the time, the King's Counsel, and I think a member of parliament. I don't know if he would have been actually at parliament when the plot was planned for, but if not, he was directly connected to many people who would have been. So it's a plausible role for someone to have, especially given that pretty much everyone who is town you would think has some relationship to parliament or the king. However it does sound a lot like the sort of role you would make up if you searched for people who were alive at the time.

dakky21 wrote:IIRC from the edited 1st post, William at one point said there will be no vanilla roles so making you a doc after original doc died is pretty much bullshit. That would mean you have two roles now if there were no vanilla roles. I don't buy it, sorry.

No, "backup doc" is one role, and is completely fair game in a non-vanilla setup. It's not a vanilla role, because it can actually do something at least under some circumstances.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:@dakky basically what hotshot said
@madmitch, did you visit anyone last night. yes i know you are claiming back up doc but i would like you to answer the question anyways.
@marashu, yes i have been taking notes. as for reads its still early in the game so i don't have any that i would consider solid. i do think madmitch is scum though, as IB said he has been following alot this game, their were a lot of other smaller reasons that just added up to me suspecting him. my main reason though i will keep to myself for now, sharing it would require me to claim and i rather keep my role hidden for now.
right now i think dakky and Bu are town, not 100% sure more around 60-70% as for the other players haven't formed an opinion yet just some gut feelings but with no good evidence that doesn't count for much

fastposted by marashu

Just read this after I posted my unvote

vote Mitch

gregwolf has info it seems. Until proven otherwise I will go with him.

gregwolf has "info?" Really? That's going to be the basis for lynching mitch? Why do you even trust gregwolf in this matter?

dakky21 wrote:Ever thought I lied about that to see who else will try to lynch/hammer me? Maybe I didn't. Maybe I did.

Assuming you are town, then while your reticence may be tactically worthwhile, it's coming at the cost of a serious distraction to town. So either 1) full claim or 2) shut the hell up about whether you do or do not have other powers. It's that simple.

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Backup is Mitchs favourite fake claim.

This is the point that swings me. Mitch fakeclaimed backup in HP mafia and it helped him win, and he also claimed backup doc in the surprise mafia. Backup roles are already pretty uncommon on CC, especially backup doc. So this does smack of him trying the tried-and-true claim and hoping no one notices.

vote madmitch
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:56 am

Vote Marashu

Lets do this then. Seems everyone wants to keep their actions close to the vest.... and yeh lets see what mara flips.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 am

Lost track of the vote count by this point, but it seems like people have had their say, so

vote marashu

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:33 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Lost track of the vote count by this point, but it seems like people have had their say, so

vote marashu

Thats it? No comment on contradicting yourself? Claiming vanilla in a game you stated as non vanilla...
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby TimWoodbury on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:15 am

real quick before this lynch is there a redirector that may have redirected last night investigation???

is it possable that scum may have a rediretor that redirected onto one of there own and thus how to scum read came back??
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby dakky21 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:19 am

@Tim if there was a redirector, he would already claim and correct IB's findings.

Since no one claimed that and since Marashu is scum, here you have my vote as well.

vote Marashu
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:21 am

That's a lynch with 5 votes on him I believe.
Captain dakky21

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:36 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Lost track of the vote count by this point, but it seems like people have had their say, so

vote marashu

Thats it? No comment on contradicting yourself? Claiming vanilla in a game you stated as non vanilla...

Wing can you direct us to his quote that stated he said "non vanilla"

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:45 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:

vote marashu

Wing can you direct us to his quote that stated he said "non vanilla"

Bolded in the long quote above
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:02 am

Seems to me he is writing in reference to what a back up doc may be considered and NOT what the set up of the game is.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:39 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:

vote marashu

If you had paid attention to the context, you would realize that I did not argue that the game is definitively non-vanilla. I said only that if the game were non-vanilla, then backup doc would be a legitimate role.

Re: Vote Count

Postby william18 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:39 pm

marashu - Tim Woodbury, Bujaber, Hotshot53, Ironbutterfly, Metsfanmax, Dakky21

5 votes needed for a lynch.

Thats a lynch.
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:

vote marashu

If you had paid attention to the context, you would realize that I did not argue that the game is definitively non-vanilla. I said only that if the game were non-vanilla, then backup doc would be a legitimate role.

So Mets, you want me to believe that when faced with the below, instead of going with the simple argument, from your position of vanillaness, that "William didnt say that this would be a no vanilla game." You instead went along a long winded route about how backup isnt non-vanilla.

Dakky21 wrote:IIRC from the edited 1st post, William at one point said there will be no vanilla roles so making you a doc after original doc died is pretty much bullshit. That would mean you have two roles now if there were no vanilla roles. I don't buy it, sorry.

Nevertheless, I await to see why Marashu knows your character name.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:25 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:So Mets, you want me to believe that when faced with the below, instead of going with the simple argument, from your position of vanillaness, that "William didnt say that this would be a no vanilla game." You instead went along a long winded route about how backup isnt non-vanilla.

1) I am not sure that I am a completely vanilla role. I am only sure that at present I have no powers or abilities.

2) I couldn't say anything then about it at the time because it didn't make sense to reveal my role at the time, so I had to argue that way.

Night 3, The Gunpowder Plot

Postby william18 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Night 3: The Gunpowder Plot
November 3st, 1605

" This man was guilty. I caught him last night red handed. He is a conspirator, and he was under Westminister Abbey guarding barrels of gunpowder!"

Guards apprehended the man.

" Hold still. Let is go check the under the abbey to see if he is indeed truthful."

The lords made their way to Westminster Abbey. They went to a undercroft beneath the abbey, and indeed found barrels of gunpowder stockpiled.

" Apprehend him!, He is to be put in custody and interrogated!"

The guards took him to the Kings Privy Chamber, for interrogation."

"Whats your name, man?"

"John Johnson"

marashu - John Johnson (Bulletproof/Concealer) has been captured

Concealer - All other conspirators appear innocent as long as you are alive/free.

Night 3 has begun

You have 48 hours to send in your actions. You may make 1 post of substance.
Sergeant 1st Class william18

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives