Conquer Club

Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia End Game: Mod Down!!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia D6: Instant Replay

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu May 04, 2017 9:30 am

Is there a dead line for this day or are we just waiting on Fircoal? I've exhausted my argument out at this point.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 04, 2017 10:43 am

I'm going to put the deadline for end of day Saturday.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Thu May 04, 2017 1:49 pm

Dakky what is your name? Not your role name but your character name.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby dakky21 on Thu May 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Fircoal wrote:Dakky what is your name? Not your role name but your character name.

How do you mean? I was said I was A Test Subject. No other names were given.
Captain dakky21

Postby Fircoal on Thu May 04, 2017 2:16 pm

dakky21 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:Dakky what is your name? Not your role name but your character name.

Was that also your role name? If not what was your role name?
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby dakky21 on Thu May 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Fircoal wrote:
dakky21 wrote:

Was that also your role name? If not what was your role name?

"Gift Receiver" but how does that help...?
Captain dakky21

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia D3: Unnerving Targe

Postby Fircoal on Sat May 06, 2017 11:49 am

dakky21 wrote:Some of you gave me 10 pages for a claim... and look I made it to a page 28! OK... since mass claim is in progress, I think I should claim as well... but I also think that won't reveal anything important.
I am the Test Subject. I receive things for testing and then use/give them on/to other people. Now that Mets claimed, it makes sense who gives me things...
The last one said it will have random effects so I guess that's why I saw Nag visit Samlen and DDS got blocked and that's why it was all weird.

N1 I received Hot potato and passed it to Samlen N2 and N2 I received an Alarm clock with which I targeted DDS.

dakky please explain. You got an alarm clock on N2 and used it in the same night? How?
Captain Fircoal

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 06, 2017 1:03 pm

I can't quote PM's but my role worked that way. I got first PM on N1 which said I got a hot potato which is a ticking bomb and can kill me, but I can pass it to someone else N2 and it will have a chance to blow up again (but can be passed to someone else N3). N2 I got a PM about alarm clock and was asked who will I target with it. How? Ask strike, he designed the roles.
Captain dakky21

Postby Fircoal on Sat May 06, 2017 2:21 pm

I thought about this long and hard. Trust me. This post doesn't even cover all of the different angles I thought of. Like I kept on going back and forth on this because of all the different things that I saw.

What I know is these facts:

The mafia is whoever Skittles targeted the night before he passed.

The mafia is whoever Skoffin visited last night.

The problem is that could be either of you, and looking back on the votes shows that both of you were on all of the lynches of the other mafia. Which is a bit amazing how I managed to be the one making the decision as I was on none of them. (I was clueless.) I wish we had been a lot clearer with what plan we were going with as that could have made this an open shut day. But as it stands Skoffin and DDS both put up different plans, and while Skoffin said to follow DDS's and her quote pointed towards her own and DDS pointed towards Skoffin's. Reminder please: Next time we make a plan. Let's COMFIRM THE PLAN. In big bold letters too. IT makes it a lot easier for things to work out correctly and so I don't have to do guesswork over which plan did what.

No matter what I'm going to have doubts so let me just say the two things that made up my mind:

On Day 2 there was a weird event were Mets and Ragian voted DDS and he claimed. This is weird because one he claimed super early (and his claim was off the beaten path), and because MEts and Ragian were both scum. I have a hard time seeing both scum vote their scumbuddy. It's a good gutsy play. But not one I expect to see happen. DDS also pushed quite a bit for Ragain at first although he did flop around a lot as well.

Met's role says nothing about gifting. His death scene says nothing about gifting. In fact if I recall correctly the gifting train was started by someone else. I looked up inventor (closest role) and while it does gift things to others, they actually get to choose who to. That may be the same as mad scientist but I find it weird that he'd have only one choice of who to give to.

Furthermore I find it weird that two abvilities were able to be actived on the same day.

UNLESS, met's used the ability dakky said he used, dakky used another power and passed the potato waffle which he had gotten from mets in the first place. ..It's a stretch but nothing seems to make sense about this.

I will note dakky had been first to vote mets on D4, but not the first to suggest it. Furthermore while his play has been better, it's been so in a way that makes me suspicious.

Really I have little time left and even looking through will make me more confused. When I ask who do I think Skittles targeted my guess is dakky. When I ask who I think Skoffin targeted my guess is DDS. DDS did make it a 1v1 versus Dakky which makes more sense if he's town than if he's scum. (Although to be fair it was pretty likely that I'm town. (well it's obvious now.) Furthermore he said something at the point before skittles died which again is gutsy.

I've been mulling this over too long. If I made the wrong choice, oh well.

Vote: Dakky
Captain Fircoal

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat May 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Fircoal wrote:I thought about this long and hard. Trust me. This post doesn't even cover all of the different angles I thought of. Like I kept on going back and forth on this because of all the different things that I saw.

What I know is these facts:

The mafia is whoever Skittles targeted the night before he passed.

The mafia is whoever Skoffin visited last night.

The problem is that could be either of you, and looking back on the votes shows that both of you were on all of the lynches of the other mafia. Which is a bit amazing how I managed to be the one making the decision as I was on none of them. (I was clueless.) I wish we had been a lot clearer with what plan we were going with as that could have made this an open shut day. But as it stands Skoffin and DDS both put up different plans, and while Skoffin said to follow DDS's and her quote pointed towards her own and DDS pointed towards Skoffin's. Reminder please: Next time we make a plan. Let's COMFIRM THE PLAN. In big bold letters too. IT makes it a lot easier for things to work out correctly and so I don't have to do guesswork over which plan did what.

No matter what I'm going to have doubts so let me just say the two things that made up my mind:

On Day 2 there was a weird event were Mets and Ragian voted DDS and he claimed. This is weird because one he claimed super early (and his claim was off the beaten path), and because MEts and Ragian were both scum. I have a hard time seeing both scum vote their scumbuddy. It's a good gutsy play. But not one I expect to see happen. DDS also pushed quite a bit for Ragain at first although he did flop around a lot as well.

Met's role says nothing about gifting. His death scene says nothing about gifting. In fact if I recall correctly the gifting train was started by someone else. I looked up inventor (closest role) and while it does gift things to others, they actually get to choose who to. That may be the same as mad scientist but I find it weird that he'd have only one choice of who to give to.

Furthermore I find it weird that two abvilities were able to be actived on the same day.

UNLESS, met's used the ability dakky said he used, dakky used another power and passed the potato waffle which he had gotten from mets in the first place. ..It's a stretch but nothing seems to make sense about this.

I will note dakky had been first to vote mets on D4, but not the first to suggest it. Furthermore while his play has been better, it's been so in a way that makes me suspicious.

Really I have little time left and even looking through will make me more confused. When I ask who do I think Skittles targeted my guess is dakky. When I ask who I think Skoffin targeted my guess is DDS. DDS did make it a 1v1 versus Dakky which makes more sense if he's town than if he's scum. (Although to be fair it was pretty likely that I'm town. (well it's obvious now.) Furthermore he said something at the point before skittles died which again is gutsy.

I've been mulling this over too long. If I made the wrong choice, oh well.

Vote: Dakky

You got it right. Well done.

Thanks dakky, you tried hard and came real close to pulling it off.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat May 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Good game guys. Looks like I was right about dakky too lol
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 06, 2017 3:33 pm

I've only got my phone with Me. Scene coming when I get home.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Good game people.

Congratulations Chu on making the right choice (at least for town lol) ... I really did came close to pulling it off by myself... and to clarify the Alarm Clock - I was the roleblocker whole time and Alarm Clock switched my roleblock with the power of the one I targeted (or something like that, I'm still confused how that played out, remeber my "guesses" - they were honest)... Last night I used role block on DDS and that's why I knew he was lying the whole time about seeing Skoffin's visit on me, unless Strike made a mistake and told him his action results.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 06, 2017 4:21 pm

No mistake. Nag instigated you into blocking him instead of DDS.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 06, 2017 5:10 pm

strike wolf wrote:No mistake. Nag instigated you into blocking him instead of DDS.

So nag's instigating went before the kill? Interesting order of actions.
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Standard order of actions I follow (if they interfere with each othrr):

1. Passive abilities
2. Instigator
3. Hider
4. Role blocker
5. Redirect or
6. Busdriver
7. Framer
8. Doc
9. All others

Some of these get a little complicated as I don't like to make an action useless based on priority unless I have to.

As far as what happened with the alarm clock. Between the kill attempt, the role block and the alarm clock you had multiple targets and I probably should have picked it to read DDS or whoever it was you attempted to role block (I have the actions somewhere I think) but I let RNG decide who you watched for reasons I don't fully remember...

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 06, 2017 7:06 pm

But I told you to kill Nag last night, so his Instigator action went before you killed him, that's what's weird. I thought the mafia kill action is on the top of the list, even before passive abilities (unless it's bulletproof or something). It's not like someone else instigated, redirected, or even Doc protected him, then I would understand, but he was the one killed and yet his action went through. I mean it's like targeting a Doc for a scum kill while Doc is able to protect someone else from, say, 3rd party SK.

Speaking of Alarm Clock... your PM can now be quoted:

You have received an alarm clock. The alarm clock automatically switched your block ability for the night with one of the people you targeted who was a watcher. You saw Nag visit Samlen (as well as yourself). Your action will be returned to a normal role block tomorrow night.

That night I targeted DDS for a role block and he targeted Samlen/Nag and I got his results while he was blocked.
Captain dakky21

Postby Skittles! on Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Gg everyone, Dakky you're a dick for killing me right as I started playing. :)
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skoffin on Sat May 06, 2017 7:47 pm

To be honest I thought "We'll go with DDS' plan" was enough to make it clear I was following DDS' plan. He may have stated DJ in the plan but I figured anyone would know it would swap to Dakky when we swapped the lynch around.
Chu, sometimes you overthink too much - my nonsense ramblings don't trump the first part where I state what plan I'm following :P
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Killing is pretty much bottom tier in terms of role priority. The doc would stop the SK kill but die unless protected himself from the scum kill.

EndGame Scene

It was down to the Owl, The Diamond and The Red Light. The Owl had been vigilant the night previously and saw the truth on the wall, overzealous Sportsman and A Frightened cat had been killed for visiting The Red Light. He explained his case to The Diamond but the diamond was unconvinced and talked it out.

At times the Diamond was silent for a long while and The Owl and The Red LIGHT thought that maybe he had gone back to being inanimate bUT the Diamond was merely deep in thought. To him, The Owl and The Red Light's battle looked like an old western standoff and for some reason actual reality changed to suit that.

The Diamonds debate continued while The Owl and THE Red Light shot back and forth. Suddenly the voice of Overly Zealous...wait...actually it was Clint Eastwood. Definitely Clint Eastwood...or some other western movie star...we're there any others from Clint era that also got to star in a chain of popular detective movies, preferably with magnums...and fewer harpoon guns. Huh? Where was I? Oh right. The voice told The Diamond that there were two kinds of people in the world those with loaded guns and those who throw precious stones at street lights.

So The Diamond rolled over to The Owl and The Owl picked him up and hurled him at the red Light, you know it might have been street ligut...maybe even stop sign. I apparently didn't write down the original namr. Either way, the impact killed him and The Diamond rolled back over to the Owl and celebrated the victory.

Dakky-????-Mafia Role blocker has been lynched.

Fircoal-Diamond-Town Bulletproof and DDS-The Owl-Town Watcher have survived.

Town Wins!

Now into the unknown, the town continued. No one knew how to deal with the chaos. So many had passed bUT lived on in their spirit. Whatever the challenge the remaining townies, most of whom went unnamed and role less through the events, would carry on and persevere and tri-

We're sorry for this interruption. The mod has been eaten by a building.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Balance Not Included Come Back Mafia End Game: Mod Down!

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Congrats to Dakky even though he lost. Managed to make it to the end solo despite a set up that I feel was town leaning. Apologies to Skittles. I hate to kill someone before they make their first post.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 06, 2017 10:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:Killing is pretty much bottom tier in terms of role priority. The doc would stop the SK kill but die unless protected himself from the scum kill.

I always thought kill goes first and then actions come in, well, good to know... because how would a Doc stop a SK if he was already dead... but OK, I guess each host has own rules.

strike wolf wrote:Congrats to Dakky even though he lost. Managed to make it to the end solo despite a set up that I feel was town leaning. Apologies to Skittles. I hate to kill someone before they make their first post.

I'm sorry as well. Forgive me Skittles for killing you, but it was the only way to survive to endgame! :(
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Also nice work DDS, if I remember correctly you had all three mafia as your top 3 suspects day 2. I do know you were onto Mets and Dakky.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat May 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Thanks Strike.

Thanks everyone as well. Sorry if I did come across an inane ass and or illiterate drunk. The latter is true. Lol. Was fun for my first game. <3

Well played by Dakky there at the end, had me worried that he convinced Fircoal that I was a scumster. I probably should have argued my case a little bit better, but looking back on it, I probably would have voted for me too based on how I played. :D

Looking forward to the next game!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun May 07, 2017 12:58 am

This game had a lot of surprises for me. First, upon reading legion's post I was basically certain that Ragian was a goner, so I jumped on that early for town cred. But then when it was clear that there was going to be confusion, my strategy changed and I started playing for a no lynch instead (hence the unvote). But my plan got screwed up my strike's mid-day rule change, where he changed it from majority needed for lynch to half of majority. So I ended up looking pretty bad there.

I also was surprised by dakky's Test Subject claim; we had not rehearsed that, and I was at a loss for how to deal with that, because I figured as soon as one of us died and flipped scum, the other would instantly be under suspicion.

Despite the above, I hadn't expected to get lynched when I did. In retrospect, it makes sense that it happened, and I think I misplayed by contributing to the mass claim. I did it for gaining town credibility, but it was at the expense of tightening the town circle and leaving the number of options for who could possibly be scum to be pretty small.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives