Conquer Club

Alien: First Contact - town win!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: First Contact - D1

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:57 am

madmitch wrote:
Ragian wrote:No, IcePick, at the point I said that, you hadn't contributed more than Pika. I'm not butthurt because of a FoS. Calling me moronic and unable to see the obvious hurt most of my orifices, but apparently everyone is in agreement that I'm too thick to be the Queen anyway, so f*ck it.

I was going to vote for you because of your statement, I thought that a scum would say that :-({|= but the case against Skoffin is looking pretty strong.

Could you elaborate on why it's something scum would say?
Captain Ragian

Postby benga on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 am

vote count

madmitch
Skoffin - 1/IP
Pikanchion - 1/skoffin
Ragian
Samlen
IcePack
DirtyDishSoap
strike wolf
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:26 am

Ragian wrote:
IcePack wrote:Tell me where I called you moronic? Go read the thread again before you make an ass of yourself.

I wasn't talking about you. Nowhere did I state that you called me moronic. Maybe apply the above to yourself, buddy.

Seriously?!?!? You literally are an ass face and change my name, mention my FOS on you, and then say calling you moronic and unable to see the obvious....

Unless you are responding to somebody else and changing who you are referencing mid thought then I call BS.

Ragian wrote:No, IcePick, at the point I said that, you hadn't contributed more than Pika. I'm not butthurt because of a FoS. Calling me moronic and unable to see the obvious hurt most of my orifices, but apparently everyone is in agreement that I'm too thick to be the Queen anyway, so f*ck it..

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:27 pm

@ Ragain ,your remark got me thinking of wine in front of me, when you said you are too dumb to be the alien queen ,you are not that dumb it could be a good ploy :-s
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Yeah nothing new to add about Skoffin's case on Pika. It seems to be a stretch. If the meta was an element of her argument I might find it more believable but as it is, this whole case would boil down to her word vs. his on if we believe her and she hasn't done much to convince me she is believable in this game.

Unvote Vote Skoffin
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Samlen on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Am I the only that at least sorta likes Skoffin's argument? It's based off a bit more than 'lynch the inactive' and outlines a good tactic for pika if they are scum.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Samlen wrote:Am I the only that at least sorta likes Skoffin's argument? It's based off a bit more than 'lynch the inactive' and outlines a good tactic for pika if they are scum.

I was intrigued, but I dont necessarily buy it atm. However, I think it was DDS who said if we were wrong on Skoffin it might be an interesting place to follow up with next day.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 am

IcePack wrote:
Ragian wrote:
IcePack wrote:Tell me where I called you moronic? Go read the thread again before you make an ass of yourself.

I wasn't talking about you. Nowhere did I state that you called me moronic. Maybe apply the above to yourself, buddy.

Seriously?!?!? You literally are an ass face and change my name, mention my FOS on you, and then say calling you moronic and unable to see the obvious....

Unless you are responding to somebody else and changing who you are referencing mid thought then I call BS.

Ragian wrote:No, IcePick, at the point I said that, you hadn't contributed more than Pika. I'm not butthurt because of a FoS. Calling me moronic and unable to see the obvious hurt most of my orifices, but apparently everyone is in agreement that I'm too thick to be the Queen anyway, so f*ck it..

1) SW should have cleared this up for you already.
2) Don't you think that you can change my name without me changing yours.
IcePack wrote:[...]

1) Ragain - my intial read on his posts had my point FOS to him (obviously). This was also to try drawing a read. I tend to agree w/ strike wolf here in general though the immediate counter "we haven't heard much from IcePack" also didn't help (imo).

[...]

I wonder how one can be an assface literally...

---

@Midmatch, I was recapturing what others had said. I am not stating that I'm too dumb.

@Samlen, the point is not about liking the argument, but more, for my part anyway, that I can't say either or. She could be right, she could be wrong. I have no clue how to check it save for lynching Pika...
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 am

:lol: Can you two get a room or put a ring on it already? Take a honeymoon or something.

Anyways, it's the 27th and I'm not seeing anything compelling.

Vote Skoffin
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:00 am

Rereading the thread, nothing indicates Alien Queen to me. No one has really said or done anything scummyish. What I like most is SW's thoughts on Pika's math being a decent way of appearing active without any real reads. But then again, I don't have any reads to offer either, so it would be somewhat hypocritical on my part to hang Pika for that...

The only one who plays differently than I've experienced before is DDS, but he has explained why he's pro lynching, so that doesn't even sit wrongly with me.

The popular vote seems to be Skoffin. Is this based on lack of posting only? Or is it the timing of her first "real" post?
Captain Ragian

Postby benga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:02 am

vote count

madmitch
Skoffin - 2/IP, DDS
Pikanchion - 1/skoffin
Ragian
Samlen
IcePack
DirtyDishSoap
strike wolf

with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch

as per rule 6) votes in red pls
as per rule 8) If the deadline is reached, nobody will be lynched
36 hrs to day 1 end
Sergeant benga

Postby Skoffin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:26 am

I can't help but notice that while people have commented regarding my opinion of Pika, no one (aside from Ragian) has even made mention of something I asked regarding what the motive behind lynching me for inactivity is. Again, is it to remove someone you perceive as inactive or do you believe it's some form of scum tactic. Obviously inactive would no longer make sense, whereas it being a tactic also doesn't make sense - unless you can explain why my posting dropped across the website and not just here.

With Pika obviously it's going to be a struggle since no one else knows him, I could link to the games where we've played as examples though I'm not sure if that crosses any boundaries - though people here link to games onsite all the time, I'm not sure if it's different if I link offsite. Feel free to give opinions in that regard.

In any case, my point is that I noticed similarities in pika here and scum pika in the last game we played. His being quiet at first, making 'helpful' posts that don't really mean much (the ones strike already mentioned), that he came out with a long post and his top suspects after several people mentioned him as being suspicious, and his top suspects happen to be almost polar opposites - icepack who has been vocal and doesn't look like a real suspect,
and myself who has been on numerous lists - it comes across as him playing it safely by going to both ends of the spectrum to cover all angles, one end looks like he's not copying everyone elses opinions and the other is just to look like there's more of a consensus on someone already marked for a lynching and help push it that way and away from him.
To add to that he basically just joined the 'go for the inactive!' route that others did, where that would get him a slap on the forum where we played, and his response to the accusation was literally to just quote me and change what I wrote. He's posted and literally said nothing about it, and you guys are going to let that slide?
Sure you can look at him tomorrow, but someone will be recruited by then and you'll have to start the process all over again; and handily, a few of you have already marked yourselves as likely lynch options by tomorrow.
Unfortunately this game is not a game where being the pro-town hero is in your best interests.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:10 am

Mostly I was trying to get you to speak up. Im pretty sure i said as much in one of my posts. Your first post on Pika bugged me because it was pretty much all unconfirmable "trust me, I know him" comments seeming to focus on "he doesn't like to vote his friends." It felt like you were stretching for it. I liked your second post on Pika much better
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:50 am

Skoffin's latest post is much more concrete, as SW notes above. Cheers for elaborating. I think there's more to the case on Pika than to any case on Skoffin.
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:35 am

I don't see an issue of posting an off site link if we've posted other links to games. That would be up to Benga though. I'd very much would like to see this.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:44 am

strike wolf wrote:Mostly I was trying to get you to speak up. Im pretty sure i said as much in one of my posts. Your first post on Pika bugged me because it was pretty much all unconfirmable "trust me, I know him" comments seeming to focus on "he doesn't like to vote his friends." It felt like you were stretching for it. I liked your second post on Pika much better

I feel like I've been on the same page as SW most of the game so far, and also agree with these comments.

Regarding the link it would be interesting to see, but for me personally immnotnsire it's helpful bcuz I have no history on any of you, so would really only help inform me of one persons potential play history.

And benga said we were down to 36 hours not to long ago so we'll have to figure this out fairly soon or we will miss the opportunity to lynch someone

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 am

Considering that the information on Pika would potentially implicate Skoffin and vice versa, the lynch at this point should be one of them. We do risk a bit of a double negative (both end up town) if we are wrong but I don't feel there is a strong enough case on Rage to warrant going for him. I feel at this point there is more to the Pika case than Skoffin and I agree with the point on him playing both sides a bit as well as my initial comment on his math:

Vote Pika

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 am

Ebwop to make sure it goes through correctly: Unvote Vote Pika

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Samlen on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Already said why I think skoffin isn't the alien queen.
Vote Pika
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby benga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:36 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I don't see an issue of posting an off site link if we've posted other links to games. That would be up to Benga though. I'd very much would like to see this.

approved
Sergeant benga

Postby benga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 pm

vote count

madmitch
Skoffin - 2/IP, DDS
Pikanchion - 3/skoffin,strike,sam
Ragian
Samlen
IcePack
DirtyDishSoap
strike wolf

with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Sergeant benga

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:46 pm

I'll have to take her word for it, similar to BNI.

I would still like that link regardless of how this day turns out.

Unvote vote pika
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Ok, seems like we are going the pika route. While skoff is my primary FOS, pika is my 2nd and since the group is leaning that way, I'll go w the group. I prefer one lynch over none and as the time is getting close:

unvote. Vote pika

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Skoffin wrote:I can provide evidence, trust me.

>Provides no evidence
>I get lynched
Private Pikanchion

Postby Skoffin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Link

Super tired, much [painkiller, such wow.
So tbh I'm a little suurprised how easily people jumped to the new case here, so much so that I'm not entirely convindced on it. My main purpose was to see how pika reacted to tell what side he really is, but unfortunately he barely did so and instead chose to make mere retorts. But the thing that bothers me most is how others reacted to it, as it seems a few are taking the easy way to get this lynch going and to then justify a case on another player tomorrow. For example DDS, his comments clearly mark it as such that pika gets lynched today and then me tomorrow and he's setting up that case already. I don't really trust it, soz bro
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives