Conquer Club

Alien: First Contact - town win!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: First Contact - D1

Postby Skoffin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:50 pm

sorry rforgot Unvote vote DDS
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:57 pm

I think we already hit the 5 for lynch?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Agreed that the lynch happened quicker than expected. I felt I had enough sway to put real pressure on Pika but I didn't expect him to get lynched quite that quickly. I figured he'd at least have the chance to retort. Assuming we didn't just end it D1, I feel more suspicious of Sam than DDS. DDS has at least been sticking his neck out some and time was indeed growing short so I may have just underestimated the rush. Sam on the other hand hasn't felt like he's really contributed much today. Icepack hammerring was a bit iffy but he's seemed pretty townie up to this point in my eyes. Pika, if you're town, do you mind sharing your final thoughts?

@Icepack-Yes but usually day talk continues until scene or mod tells us to shut up.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Scummiest to least scummy:

Sam>Skoffin>Ragian=DDS>Mitch>Icepack
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:26 pm

omg I blame skoffin
Private Pikanchion

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 pm

strike wolf wrote: Icepack hammerring was a bit iffy but he's seemed pretty townie up to this point in my eyes. Pika, if you're town, do you mind sharing your final thoughts?

@Icepack-Yes but usually day talk continues until scene or mod tells us to shut up.

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure how it worked.
Regarding the hammer, we had 4 and I know the timeline was close but not how close, and without knowing exactly when I would be back online I would have rather lynched then missed it because I tried to wait

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:46 pm

Skoffin wrote:Link

Super tired, much [painkiller, such wow.
So tbh I'm a little suurprised how easily people jumped to the new case here, so much so that I'm not entirely convindced on it. My main purpose was to see how pika reacted to tell what side he really is, but unfortunately he barely did so and instead chose to make mere retorts. But the thing that bothers me most is how others reacted to it, as it seems a few are taking the easy way to get this lynch going and to then justify a case on another player tomorrow. For example DDS, his comments clearly mark it as such that pika gets lynched today and then me tomorrow and he's setting up that case already. I don't really trust it, soz bro

And?

It's been an OMGUS between the both of you because "Take my word for it guys TEE HEE!" What do you want from me? To assume that Pika's math is a cover, or to trust your word without a (then) source? Even then, we all have to sift through at least 30 some odd pages of content to try and see if we can confirm Pika's pattern...At the last minute. The only reason why I'm even changing my vote now is because A. I'm in agreement with Strike and B. What Fircoal had said about the hospital visit...Which you are now just confirming. Hope you feel better btw, but a heads up in your earlier posts would have helped. <3
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby benga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:59 pm

vote count

madmitch
Skoffin -
Pikanchion - 5/skoffin,strike,sam,DDS, IP/ SCIENCE OFFICER has been lynched
Ragian
Samlen
IcePack
DirtyDishSoap
strike wolf

...while running away for the Alien Queen, Pikanchion, the oldest member of Science officers, fell behind.
When the crew shut down the security door, they didn't even image one was locked behind it.
In disbelief they watched the horrible death of old man...

Night ends April 30 7:00 my time!
Sergeant benga

Re: Alien: First Contact - N1

Postby Pikanchion on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 am

This is what I get for joining a ship full of Biologists...
Private Pikanchion

Re: Alien: First Contact - N1

Postby benga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:11 am

...something is very wrong with our most prestigous Science officer! Quick, shoot him down before it spreads!...

strike wolf - Alien [ Science Officer] was killed

...as soon as the research spacecraft departed the planetoid there was unrestly feeling Alien Queen is onboard...
Last edited by benga on Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant benga

Re: Alien: First Contact - D2

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:41 am

WTF :o :o I am not quite sure what happen ? Did someone want to kill STRIKE and get lucky that he was recruited or did did someone knew he was an alien , so who do we trust now ? because I trusted SW

/
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:51 am

Well I was not expecting that. Lol.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 am

Oh f*ck it, I'll make the claim since we have a chance for a double lynch and another shot at night. It's a 50/50 at this point.

I'm the security officer, I shot Strike last night thinking that he would be converted since, in my opinion, he's a pretty strong player to have on either side.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 am

@ DDS If you are telling the truth about who you are :-s it was a very good call :D
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 am

Good call. Makes sense.
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Well let's try and draw up some conclusions.

Based off of what happened Days 1, we didn't have a lot of people contribute much of anything aside from myself, Ice and Strike.
I think Skoffins activity is a bit more warranted now, not sure about her condition but I hope it improves. For right now, I don't suspect her.

Out of everyone else that contributed D1, we have...

Rage who was somewhat pro-ish about the mass claim, he's posted a lot and...I don't honestly believe he's the Queen, but he's my low suspect 2 at the moment.

Samlen was also for the mass claim. However, he didn't contribute anything except a post here and there basically saying "I'm kinda here" but didn't add to the discussion, nor did he expand on his thoughts at all. I'm not sure how I didn't see this before but after re-reading Days 1, there wasn't much being added by Sam. For right now, he's my top suspect.

Mitch.

Ice has posted just about as much as me, and re-reading everything from him, I still can't get a full read on the guy. Pro-town feel but I may be wrong.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:51 pm

This is my birthday weekend so I probably won't be back until Sunday or Monday but I'll read all and respond then FYI

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:53 pm

IcePack wrote:This is my birthday weekend so I probably won't be back until Sunday or Monday but I'll read all and respond then FYI

I expect nothing but drunk posts for the next two days or I will push for a lynch.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm

@ Icepack have a great birthday.
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:50 am

Happy birthweekend. Where I come from, it's only one day. I should move, really.

I'll be back later today with some actual content.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:02 am

So there is 6 of us left ,1 alien queen, and 1 security officer, I don't think there is a psychic or we would of heard by now , so guys what are we thinking ? Looks like Skoffin has been ailing and most likely not to commit 100% which is fine, just get well and watch the pain meds they can get additive I know :( :( so that leaves the rest of us , DDS is also clear, but I seem to remember that S.W. was wary of Samlem so that might be a place to start.
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:36 am

So, let's try to break this down. First, however, super play by DDS. In hindsight, the play made a lot of sense to me, but I must also concede that I most likely wouldn't have made the same level-headed play. He'll be converted tonight unless we get the queen, though.

We're six left:
- madmitch
- Skoffin
- Ragian
- Samlen
- IcePack
- DirtyDishSoap

I remove DDS and myself (for obvious reasons), so I'm left with four players who might be the queen. It would be brilliant if we also had a psychic on board (especially if said psychic had cleared one of the other three leaving us (well, me) with only two players left). Of course, now, the psychic should only claim if she/he is able to clear someone who isn't cleared (and yes, that includes me, I know).

But I'll briefly give my thoughts on the remaining players:
- madmitch: Has not said and done anything scummy, but his annoyance with DDS's insensitive remark should be scrutinised, I feel. A) mitch could be annoyed, as a town player, that there's no faith in him whatsoever despite trying or B) mitch could fear a quick lynch as the queen based on a somewhat flimsy notion of him "being a liability" whether town or scum. I interpret his annoyance as honest annoyance. If I were in mitch's shoes, I'd have milked DDS's accusation in order to fly under the radar as the queen. For that reasons, mitch goes in my "probably town" column.
- Skoffin: Instrumental in the Pika lynch, but I felt there was some merit to the case, so I don't actually blame her for making it. But that's about the only thing she has done, and if one were to adhere to a strict ethics of consequence, she should be scrutinised more.
- Samlen: I haven't been able to get a good look at Samlen. Some have said that SW did not see eye to eye with him D1 - indeed SW had him as his scummiest players - but I haven't reread that yet. I will, however. What I find interesting is his vote. I can't recall if Samlen voted for Skoffin too, but the third vote on Pika is the least obvious vote and therefore the best place to be for scum. You're not the second vote giving the wagon steam and you're not number four making the lynch (almost) inevitable. For this reason, IGMEO Samlen.
- Icepack: Apart from the yelling back and forth, I have not been able to get a read on IP. I got the sense that he was guilty of some hypocracy early on, but he says that he missed Pika's big post (which I understood to be backtracking). The hammer came quickly and it seemed to me that IP wanted to put an end to the conversation afterwards too. Whether that is scummy or a different approach to the game - being used to play elsewhere - I don't know. Something that irked me somewhat was his apparent buddying with SW (that's hw it came off to me anyway).

Nonetheless, I think the Alien Queen must be found between Samlen/IcePack/Skoffin. If I were to double lynch, Samlen and IcePack would be my choices.

---

@mitch, why didn't you vote?
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:35 am

the vote went so quick that I did not even have time to think.
Cadet madmitch

Postby Skoffin on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm Pika's only friend here, and I lynched him D1 of his first game here. Man I'm a shit friend.
I'll admit though, I lol'd pretty hard and don't entirely regret it :lol: :lol:

My actions regarding Pika didn't entirely go to plan, but I'll aim to make due with what we can learn from it. I think Icepick is suspicious as he hammered pika without waiting for any claims, and he happened to be one of pika's top suspects.
Samlen, I hoesntly don't remember much from Samlen - I'll have to do a reread to get a feel for him.
Mitch I can never get a read on. Though I think SW is the sort of person an alien queen mitch would pick.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Samlen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Gotta be honest, if I was alien queen i'd go for the most unexpected. Or, at least, not predictable. Considering how people consider strike a decent player and were labeling him town yesterday, he seemed too obvious of a target. So we look for someone that would just go for the obvious or we dive into wifom-land on who would convert strike.
Lieutenant Samlen

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives