Conquer Club

Alien: First Contact - town win!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: First Contact - D2

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Or someone who acknowledges that and thus did it to bet on two horses.
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:02 am

Samlen wrote:Gotta be honest, if I was alien queen i'd go for the most unexpected. Or, at least, not predictable. Considering how people consider strike a decent player and were labeling him town yesterday, he seemed too obvious of a target. So we look for someone that would just go for the obvious or we dive into wifom-land on who would convert strike.

That's already wifom. Whoever is queen took a chance and lost. I may not know who is queen but I can think like being one.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby madmitch on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:10 am

Well we all know who the evil queen will go after next? We got to find her and win this game.
Cadet madmitch

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:14 am

Sadly we can't. I'll be converted, this is our best chance atm to find the queen. Unless the queen wants to risk getting shot.

As I said earlier, in my eyes, I have a 50/50 of getting the queen today. It's a matter of trying to find who it is. With that I'll take my first action.

Vote samlen
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby madmitch on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:31 am

This time I will get my vote in on time =D> VOTE SAMLEM
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Mon May 01, 2017 6:27 am

Before we rush this, we need to hear from Icepack and Skoffin too.
Captain Ragian

Postby Samlen on Mon May 01, 2017 1:07 pm

If it helps, my preferred lynch order would be ice - mitch - ragian - skoffin.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Mon May 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Why that order, if I may?
Captain Ragian

Postby IcePack on Mon May 01, 2017 1:51 pm

I'm back and will post 4-5 hours from now just FYI on my timeline

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby benga on Mon May 01, 2017 2:36 pm

For the two lynches to work I am adding a rule:
everyone can cast two votes, both votes cannot be on same player

VOTE COUNT
madmitch
Skoffin
Ragian
Samlen -2/DDS,mitch
IcePack
DirtyDishSoap

with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Sergeant benga

Postby Samlen on Mon May 01, 2017 8:56 pm

I still believe that skoffin's behavior reflected that of a bored science officer. Her idea against pika made the most sense out of the day 1 lynch ideas, so I don't entirely fault her for that. The other three were a bit more of tossup with a hint of gut but you, ragian, seemed to contributing more solid thoughts than the remaining two, hence why you're third.

@Benga does the day end when both people reach a lynch majority? And when the first person gets lynched, are they lynched right away or at the end of the day with the second person?
Lieutenant Samlen

Re: Alien: First Contact - D1

Postby IcePack on Mon May 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Might as well start where I left off (apologies for the length, I literally am typing out my thought process as I go through and read each of the posts).

benga wrote:Pikanchion - 5/skoffin,strike,sam,DDS, IP/ SCIENCE OFFICER has been lynched

benga wrote:strike wolf - Alien [ Science Officer] was killed

This is very unfortunate x2, it seems our suspicions vs pika wasn't valid (though it does make me wonder about skoffin now).

Its also very unfortunate I was right about SW, he was a science officer and was targetted (though that explains a lot of why we were on the same page). But in the end, this turning / kill hurts our group quite a bit, which is why I suspect the Alien Queen had selected him.

Skoffin wrote:Link
So tbh I'm a little suurprised how easily people jumped to the new case here, so much so that I'm not entirely convinced on it. My main purpose was to see how pika reacted to tell what side he really is, but unfortunately he barely did so and instead chose to make mere retorts. But the thing that bothers me most is how others reacted to it, as it seems a few are taking the easy way to get this lynch going and to then justify a case on another player tomorrow. For example DDS, his comments clearly mark it as such that pika gets lynched today and then me tomorrow and he's setting up that case already. I don't really trust it, soz bro

Maybe I need to know you better, but up until now (and even on my vote) my FOS was towards you though the group picked pika who was my #2 and I went w/ it. Unfortunately my schedule hastened my vote, which didn't help things much either.

Skoffin wrote: sorry rforgot Unvote vote DDS

I dont really understand this vote from you skoffin. Why? Whats the reasoning besides DDS was thinking of you as the next suspect?

strike wolf wrote:Agreed that the lynch happened quicker than expected. I felt I had enough sway to put real pressure on Pika but I didn't expect him to get lynched quite that quickly. I figured he'd at least have the chance to retort. Assuming we didn't just end it D1, I feel more suspicious of Sam than DDS. DDS has at least been sticking his neck out some and time was indeed growing short so I may have just underestimated the rush. Sam on the other hand hasn't felt like he's really contributed much today. Icepack hammerring was a bit iffy but he's seemed pretty townie up to this point in my eyes. Pika, if you're town, do you mind sharing your final thoughts?

@Icepack-Yes but usually day talk continues until scene or mod tells us to shut up.

strike wolf wrote:Scummiest to least scummy:

Sam>Skoffin>Ragian=DDS>Mitch>Icepack

Unfortunately I wish I had been the 4th vote and had the luxury of allowing someone else who had more time wait to make the 5th, the timing was bad and it was either do something and lynch, or wait and possibly miss a lynch altogether. Unfortunately, the skoffin / pika case seemed a bit more reliable and thought the lynch was a good shot at catching AQ

madmitch wrote:WTF :o :o I am not quite sure what happen ? Did someone want to kill STRIKE and get lucky that he was recruited or did did someone knew he was an alien , so who do we trust now ? because I trusted SW

This sure is hard to read. Genuine shock, or a quick post to make it look like your surprised? Another post without much content.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Oh f*ck it, I'll make the claim since we have a chance for a double lynch and another shot at night. It's a 50/50 at this point.

I'm the security officer, I shot Strike last night thinking that he would be converted since, in my opinion, he's a pretty strong player to have on either side.

This to me is....perplexing. Why would someone claim to be the security officer and put a target on their back for the AQ? Especially someone who might be the only one with additional powers for the town side...normally I would think something like this would be the AQ trying to get themselves to survive another night. But normally I would think there would be a counter claim, unless of course the set up only has science officers... at this point, your either an alien tonight because of the claim, or already were the alien queen? am i reading into this wrong...? you have an additional thought here? because everyone else just praised the shot, but to me the only other thing you might be doing is trying to false claim and take the attention of AQ away from the actual security officer...

madmitch wrote:@ DDS If you are telling the truth about who you are :-s it was a very good call :D

A good shot if it was him, a bad call on the claim part imo. I dont think the benefit outweighs any gain there. Also interesting that you are wondering if DDS is telling the truth or not...info the AQ would surely like to know.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Well let's try and draw up some conclusions.

Based off of what happened Days 1, we didn't have a lot of people contribute much of anything aside from myself, Ice and Strike.
I think Skoffins activity is a bit more warranted now, not sure about her condition but I hope it improves. For right now, I don't suspect her.

Out of everyone else that contributed D1, we have...

Rage who was somewhat pro-ish about the mass claim, he's posted a lot and...I don't honestly believe he's the Queen, but he's my low suspect 2 at the moment.

Samlen was also for the mass claim. However, he didn't contribute anything except a post here and there basically saying "I'm kinda here" but didn't add to the discussion, nor did he expand on his thoughts at all. I'm not sure how I didn't see this before but after re-reading Days 1, there wasn't much being added by Sam. For right now, he's my top suspect.

Mitch.

Ice has posted just about as much as me, and re-reading everything from him, I still can't get a full read on the guy. Pro-town feel but I may be wrong.

tomorrow, I would have to think you are a prime lynch target because if you are who you claim, you're for sure going to be alien after the next night phase.

Ragian wrote:So, let's try to break this down. First, however, super play by DDS. In hindsight, the play made a lot of sense to me, but I must also concede that I most likely wouldn't have made the same level-headed play. He'll be converted tonight unless we get the queen, though.

We're six left:
- madmitch
- Skoffin
- Ragian
- Samlen
- IcePack
- DirtyDishSoap

I remove DDS and myself (for obvious reasons), so I'm left with four players who might be the queen. It would be brilliant if we also had a psychic on board (especially if said psychic had cleared one of the other three leaving us (well, me) with only two players left). Of course, now, the psychic should only claim if she/he is able to clear someone who isn't cleared (and yes, that includes me, I know).

But I'll briefly give my thoughts on the remaining players:
- madmitch: Has not said and done anything scummy, but his annoyance with DDS's insensitive remark should be scrutinised, I feel. A) mitch could be annoyed, as a town player, that there's no faith in him whatsoever despite trying or B) mitch could fear a quick lynch as the queen based on a somewhat flimsy notion of him "being a liability" whether town or scum. I interpret his annoyance as honest annoyance. If I were in mitch's shoes, I'd have milked DDS's accusation in order to fly under the radar as the queen. For that reasons, mitch goes in my "probably town" column.
- Skoffin: Instrumental in the Pika lynch, but I felt there was some merit to the case, so I don't actually blame her for making it. But that's about the only thing she has done, and if one were to adhere to a strict ethics of consequence, she should be scrutinised more.
- Samlen: I haven't been able to get a good look at Samlen. Some have said that SW did not see eye to eye with him D1 - indeed SW had him as his scummiest players - but I haven't reread that yet. I will, however. What I find interesting is his vote. I can't recall if Samlen voted for Skoffin too, but the third vote on Pika is the least obvious vote and therefore the best place to be for scum. You're not the second vote giving the wagon steam and you're not number four making the lynch (almost) inevitable. For this reason, IGMEO Samlen.
- Icepack: Apart from the yelling back and forth, I have not been able to get a read on IP. I got the sense that he was guilty of some hypocracy early on, but he says that he missed Pika's big post (which I understood to be backtracking). The hammer came quickly and it seemed to me that IP wanted to put an end to the conversation afterwards too. Whether that is scummy or a different approach to the game - being used to play elsewhere - I don't know. Something that irked me somewhat was his apparent buddying with SW (that's hw it came off to me anyway).

Nonetheless, I think the Alien Queen must be found between Samlen/IcePack/Skoffin. If I were to double lynch, Samlen and IcePack would be my choices.

---

@mitch, why didn't you vote?

Removing DDS could be a mistake, but without someone counter claiming it makes that a little harder to establish. So for now, I agree we have to take him at his word.

Regarding breakdowns of people:
Mitch - I'm beginning to wonder about him, especially w some of the timing and curiousity towards DDS. Not sure its enough to vote to lynch yet, but idk.

Skoffin: I agree w/ ragian, was the lead towards pika lynch but I also saw the merit of the case. I saw skoffin as the lead person yesterday, but pika was a close second and was swayed by everyone elses opinions.

Samlen: I think ragian sums up the points pretty well.

Ragian: interesting how D1 i had FOS, and after this post (I'm responding to them as I read them / catch up so this could change as I get further towards "current") but as of this post, I find myself mostly in agreement with him. Obviously, except for the part of his view on me. But its understandable / I can understand it from his POV.

My defense of his statements on me would be mainly on the hammer which I've explained, and that I did'nt know "how it worked" exactly when the vote for lynch happens on here whether you can still change votes ( i wasn't expecting to see the unvote / vote DDS after a lynch) which is why I was suprised. Not really shutting any convo down, just inexperience.
I agreed with strike wolfs positions, like it or hate it I wont back track on that - and frankly it appears he was town / human and therefore our positions were pretty spot on towards each other (although granted, he did say he had a hard time reading me as well).

Right now, I think Alien Queen can be found between Skoffin/Samlen/Mitch, but I'm having a hard time making reads on them on who exactly I think the culprit is.

Skoffin wrote: I'm Pika's only friend here, and I lynched him D1 of his first game here. Man I'm a shit friend.
I'll admit though, I lol'd pretty hard and don't entirely regret it :lol: :lol:

My actions regarding Pika didn't entirely go to plan, but I'll aim to make due with what we can learn from it. I think Icepick is suspicious as he hammered pika without waiting for any claims, and he happened to be one of pika's top suspects.
Samlen, I hoesntly don't remember much from Samlen - I'll have to do a reread to get a feel for him.
Mitch I can never get a read on. Though I think SW is the sort of person an alien queen mitch would pick.

This actually makes me think you are more town then I did previously. Gotta be honest.

Samlen wrote:Gotta be honest, if I was alien queen i'd go for the most unexpected. Or, at least, not predictable. Considering how people consider strike a decent player and were labeling him town yesterday, he seemed too obvious of a target. So we look for someone that would just go for the obvious or we dive into wifom-land on who would convert strike.

And this makes me suspect you a little more, seems a bit deflecting or "look elsewhere" ish to me. Like, this isn't what I would do, so we should look at anyone but me type deal. In all honesty, this I think makes you my leading candidate.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Sadly we can't. I'll be converted, this is our best chance atm to find the queen. Unless the queen wants to risk getting shot.

As I said earlier, in my eyes, I have a 50/50 of getting the queen today. It's a matter of trying to find who it is. With that I'll take my first action.

Vote samlen

And DDS regains my confidence. Tho I still dont understand his reasoning behind claiming, I do think hes townie/human at this point. Which puts ragian also in the "probably human" catagory as well.

madmitch wrote:This time I will get my vote in on time =D> VOTE SAMLEM

Seems a bit like jumping on board the bandwagon to me.

Samlen wrote:If it helps, my preferred lynch order would be ice - mitch - ragian - skoffin.

Ragian wrote:Why that order, if I may?

Interesting my new leading candidate also puts me at the top of their list. But I agree with Ragian, whats the reasoning?

benga wrote:For the two lynches to work I am adding a rule:
everyone can cast two votes, both votes cannot be on same player

VOTE COUNT
madmitch
Skoffin
Ragian
Samlen -2/DDS,mitch
IcePack
DirtyDishSoap

with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Samlen wrote:I still believe that skoffin's behavior reflected that of a bored science officer. Her idea against pika made the most sense out of the day 1 lynch ideas, so I don't entirely fault her for that. The other three were a bit more of tossup with a hint of gut but you, ragian, seemed to contributing more solid thoughts than the remaining two, hence why you're third.

@Benga does the day end when both people reach a lynch majority? And when the first person gets lynched, are they lynched right away or at the end of the day with the second person?

Good questions, I dont really see your argument. As aligned with my above thoughts, Im going to have to vote samlen until I hear something more sensible.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Samlen on Tue May 02, 2017 12:39 am

Well there's nothing else to it. Not going to vote myself or dds for obvious reasons. I restated what I said yesterday about skoffin and since we have two lynches, I narrowed down which of the remaining 3 I felt was most likely to be town(ragian), leaving you and mitch as the two I'd be willing to lynch (the order not really mattering to me since we have two lynches).
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 am

Humm...IcePack's long post sits wrong with me. I can't actually put my finger on it. I got the feeling that he tried casting doubt on everyone (apart from me and eventually DDS, though the initial doubt was a bit weird). I wonder if I did the same thing in my post...

@Samlen, you need to offer me something. You're at L-1.

@Skoffin, where do you stand on this?

@mitch, why are you voting Samlen?
Captain Ragian

Postby Samlen on Tue May 02, 2017 1:54 am

How else can I say it? Your posts just sat better with me than mitch's and icepack's posts. Roleclaim doesn't matter since everyone other than dds is going to say science officer.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 am

How do they sit better? What is it about the two others that peaks your scumdar. I need something less elusive.
Captain Ragian

Re: Alien: First Contact - D1

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue May 02, 2017 2:53 am

@Ice

I understand the confusion in my claim and how you would believe it's counter productive, but look at it from my perspective.
If we mislynch twice with 6 players, there's a rather high chance that I'll be converted or (assuming the Queen ignores me and likes to gamble), miss my shot in the following night, I would have to guess who is queen vs 3 other players. If I hit the town, we lose, if I hit an alien, I would have to listen to gut instincts from there, obviously if I hit queen, we win. 33% chance of that happening statistically, where as today with a double lynch, I feel like the odds are better. I think we have enough information today to go off.

I'm also eliminating myself as a suspect and claiming the shot, if anyone is going to dispute that then A. They're the Queen.
Thus far, no one has made the counter claim because it wouldn't make sense given that there is a double lynch. Too much risk, no reward B. If a town did it, then that either comes from inexperience or stupidity. Town gains nothing with counter claiming because they'd be lynched right after me. Queen also gains nothing from claiming because I would immediately counter claim. I don't believe any player here would be foolish enough to do that.

Coming forward with the claim, it narrows down suspects. Of all the people I would suspect, at least if I were you or anyone else at the moment, I'd be the very bottom of the list.

Last - About the shot - Half of it was luck, the other half I'd like to believe was intuition.

Your post however is a bit odd. I understand that you're addressing how the entire day went, post by post, but that can come across as a "fluff" post. It's better to read everything, and then form an opinion/statement on what had transpired to the now rather than what you had posted. For now, it's an FOS

Also, no drunk posts. [-X Double my FOS

@Sam
You haven't elaborated on much of your thoughts. Even though you're at L1 you can still form an opinion/statement. You don't need to role claim, but you should come up with a good argument as to why we shouldn't lynch you.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Ragian on Tue May 02, 2017 4:10 am

I'm too thick to understand the double lynch, I think. Do we get two lynches today? Try explaining it to me as if you were explaining it to a child. :?
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue May 02, 2017 5:18 am

Ragian wrote:I'm too thick to understand the double lynch, I think. Do we get two lynches today? Try explaining it to me as if you were explaining it to a child. :?

We have two lynches today, think of it as everyone being a double voter.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Ragian on Tue May 02, 2017 5:24 am

So, for the sake of argument, if we lynch Samlen now, the day is not over?
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue May 02, 2017 5:37 am

The day would continue
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby madmitch on Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 am

@ Ragian, I picked Sam because Strike thought he was scummy, then Sam's post on pg6 did not help and DDS also thinks he is not quite right,it might look like I jumpedon the band wagon but look what happened last time ,damned if I do damned if I don't, Now I see Sam is panicing trying to throw Ice or me under the bus, as for the double vote I am not sure where to put the second vote or if the day is over after 1 person gets hung or not?
Cadet madmitch

Postby benga on Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Ragian wrote:I'm too thick to understand the double lynch, I think. Do we get two lynches today? Try explaining it to me as if you were explaining it to a child. :?

We have two lynches today, think of it as everyone being a double voter.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:The day would continue

correct
Sergeant benga

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 am

We have 3 days remaining as of today. We need to act and fast. Skoffin hasnt chimed in since this day had begun so we're pretty much down a player we can use.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Ragian on Tue May 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Alright. Do we learn the role of the first lynch before we proceed with the next?

@Skoffin, it would be nice if you chimed in...
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives