Conquer Club

Alien: The Return - Alien wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: The Return (8/8)

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
Ragian wrote:He even avoided hammering in order not to look suspicious.

Why are you trying to dissuade a D1 lynch by suggesting whoever pulls the gallows lever is suspicious? Your comment is what is suspicious.

In thinking that through a bit more, his comment isn't suspicious. If Ragian is the AQ then he should be all for a D1 lynch of mitch or any of the other leading candidates as long as he's not one of them (and can seem pro-town by encouraging said lynch). I was in a mindset that anyone opposing a D1 lynch is not acting pro-town... but that usually applies to a game with multiple scum at the start and I didn't think through how that changes a bit for a 1 bad guy setup, which is the general consensus for this game. You still shouldn't dissuade a lynch but doing so here is more likely an indication of poor strategy more so than being a bad guy... It could also be he is pro lynch even though it came across to me like he was trying to plant a seed that the hammer is going to get some unwanted attention.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm not going to lynch town because you say that I have to lynch. Come join me over here instead.

Or... I could tell you that your interpretation is wrong...
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Also, I'm voting. How is that dissuading a lynch? Look at my argument instead. If you don't like it, leave your vote where it is. I won't give you grief about your strategy.

Go talk those not voting into voting.
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:45 pm

madmitch wrote:WOW one more vote and I am gone and town will lose an important player,it is my goal to protect crew members and get rid of the aliens

Just role reveal, you're one vote away.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Come on, DDS. You're better than this. No thoughts on dakky's vote?
Captain Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Ragian wrote:Or... I could tell you that your interpretation is wrong...

I pretty much acknowledged that... but your comment came across as "whoever drops the hammer is gonna look mighty suspicious."

Ragian wrote:Look at my argument instead. If you don't like it, leave your vote where it is.

OK, I'll bite... your argument:
Ragian wrote:Dakky is notoriously famous for knowing when mitch is scum. He has voiced NO concerns about mitch's play whatsoever, and now he justifies his vote by calling out mitch's OMGUS. Bullshit. He OMGUS'ed DDS too. He even avoided hammering in order not to look suspicious.

I find it absurd to claim that player A is expected to know when player B is scum because of some prior games where he apparently guessed right and caught him as scum. But, if that's your argument, why do you disbelieve his claim this time around? Because he used what you consider to be a weak argument? If dakky's such a pro hunter, who are you to doubt him?

While, I get your point, it's not quite accurate to say dakky voiced NO concerns about mitch when he voted for him after laying out a specific argument... but since that argument was recanted and the vote withdrawn, I'll give you that. Still, there are plenty of other arguments out there against mitch. Dakky could easily have reiterated them in his vote post... instead he added yet another. I never thought much of OMGUS votes as a scum-tell but I can easily see how one might interpret them as scum trying to eliminate their threats. If one OMGUS vote is a tell, then shouldn't a second (DDS then me) just reinforce his suspicion of mitch??? Instead you make it sound like since he didn't call mitch out on the first one, he has no basis for calling him out on the 2nd... Maybe you've got a point but I'm not feeling it. I already stated how I feel about the hammer comment, so no convincing me with that... will keep my vote with mitch for now.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Typing on phone, so I probably didn't get all my thoughts down. Trying again. On phone.

Dakky has called out scum mitch at least two times. And both times were more or less before we started playing. It's the way mitch starts out. Secondly, I don't recall dakky giving mitch any grief when he omgus'ed DDS (correct me if I'm wrong). Third, he gets in before the hammer which is always scrutinised on a mislynch.

Just to emphasise that last bit: I'm not saying that the hammer is per definition scum, I'm saying that the hammer usually gets some heat come next day. Therefore, the AQ would steer clear of hammering and get in before. I think dakky did that.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Here is my full claim ,I am a security officer, my goal is to protect my crew members and stop the aliens, now saying this I am sure that the AQ. will probably target me but there is no reason to because when the lights went out something happened that makes it impossible for me to perform my duties at this stage. :cry:
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:41 pm

Can you tell us more?
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Unvote vote Dakky

Mitch, shoot Little in the night. Chances are we'll be able to get one of the two correct.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 pm

DDS, he's unarmed at least for tonight based on his claim.

Don't really care if this makes me look scummy but I'm not sure I believe his story... and even if it's true, what use is he to the crew? He can't shoot tonight and he'll likely be targeted by the AQ before he gets his power back. The only real hope of a use is if there is a watcher role to protect him (no, I'm not asking for a claim).

On the other hand, if he is the AQ, we don't have an immediate way to test his security officer claim since he's impotent and can't get a shot off tonight. We'd have to wait at least two nights without help from another power role and by then it'll be too late. Assuming there is a psychic, they could test him tonight... but I'm not sure that's much better than us just lynching mitch and testing someone else since it's highly questionable he'd ever get to shoot.

Normally, I'd be 1st to back off a D1 cop claim but I'm not so eager to do so here. Anyway, let's talk this out but I'm not at all ready to unvote mitch.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Realizing I was calling his claim "cop" in error... It's been a while since I've played and got the roles mixed up... I mean vigilante or whatever the shooter role is called.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Frankly I would be tempted to vote Rage if time permitted. His claim on Dakky isn't well-founded. Dakky likes to vote Mitch and is often wrong. I believe it was just last Alien game, he made the comment about Mitch being impossible to read and should be voted for that reason.

Of course, with Mitchs claim and his earlier outburst I admit I may have been too lenient. The claim seems a bit bogus. At the very least, he seems to be claiming something different than what the security officer was last game. Would be interested in hearing from you DDS, you were in favor of the game being set up the same as one of the options from last time, why doesn't his claim strike you as more suspicious?

I'll also note that the alien game was the only other time I can remember Mitch appearing upset, he usually laughs things off.

unvote vote Mitch
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:18 pm

MudPuppy wrote:DDS, he's unarmed at least for tonight based on his claim.

Don't really care if this makes me look scummy but I'm not sure I believe his story... and even if it's true, what use is he to the crew? He can't shoot tonight and he'll likely be targeted by the AQ before he gets his power back. The only real hope of a use is if there is a watcher role to protect him (no, I'm not asking for a claim).

On the other hand, if he is the AQ, we don't have an immediate way to test his security officer claim since he's impotent and can't get a shot off tonight. We'd have to wait at least two nights without help from another power role and by then it'll be too late. Assuming there is a psychic, they could test him tonight... but I'm not sure that's much better than us just lynching mitch and testing someone else since it's highly questionable he'd ever get to shoot.

Normally, I'd be 1st to back off a D1 cop claim but I'm not so eager to do so here. Anyway, let's talk this out but I'm not at all ready to unvote mitch.

He can shoot tonight, because I did in the previous game unless there is some new unspecified rule that I skimmed over (my bad if I did). If he get's converted, we'll know because he didn't shoot, so that literally eliminates one person, guaranteed, into the next day. Worst case scenario, he is actually AQ, converts, and it becomes a guessing game afterwards. Thus far no one is countering the claim either, so I'm going to assume that he's telling a partial truth. It's a big giant WIFOM that I'm seeing. We can either eliminate Mitch, hope he's AQ, win, or lose a crucial power role. More than happy to discuss this further since the deadline isn't until (tomorrow)?

strike wolf wrote:Frankly I would be tempted to vote Rage if time permitted. His claim on Dakky isn't well-founded. Dakky likes to vote Mitch and is often wrong. I believe it was just last Alien game, he made the comment about Mitch being impossible to read and should be voted for that reason.

Of course, with Mitchs claim and his earlier outburst I admit I may have been too lenient. The claim seems a bit bogus. At the very least, he seems to be claiming something different than what the security officer was last game. Would be interested in hearing from you DDS, you were in favor of the game being set up the same as one of the options from last time, why doesn't his claim strike you as more suspicious?

I'll also note that the alien game was the only other time I can remember Mitch appearing upset, he usually laughs things off.

unvote vote Mitch

You certainly did make a U-turn on this after he revealed.

I gave us those four setting's as a foundation of what this game COULD be. If it is, there's a %50 (sorry, math), that he's actually a security officer, and there may even be a psychic present. Maybe I'm the only one that can appreciate the significance behind a S/O because of it's NK ability. If Mitch guesses (or us), guess correctly, he can shoot the AQ during a conversion on himself or someone else. Remember, however, that benga did state previously that the conversion would still happen despite the AQ being shot.

All that aside, I do agree that Mitches scum tells are in line with the previous Alien game.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Hurrburlurr, that WIFOM of Mitch being converted and not shooting messed up my theory. I'm a fuckin derp.

In the previous game, I did ask if I shot the AQ while being converted if the AQ would still die, and that answer was yes. So that actually eliminates that. Sorry, just woke up an hour ago, still shaking out the cob webs.

If he doesn't shoot at night though, it pretty much confirms he's AQ.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:39 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:If he doesn't shoot at night though, it pretty much confirms he's AQ.

His claim is he is a security officer that can't shoot "at this stage:"
madmitch wrote:Here is my full claim ,I am a security officer, my goal is to protect my crew members and stop the aliens, now saying this I am sure that the AQ. will probably target me but there is no reason to because when the lights went out something happened that makes it impossible for me to perform my duties at this stage. :cry:
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:42 am

I need to stop reading this stuff when I just wake up...

I'll hammer this though. Based off his previous gameplay, and the weird limitation set, I can't find a reason to argue this further

Unvote vote mitch
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Ragian on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:21 am

If there is anyone else with the ability to shoot, go for dakky, little witt, Pika, or strike.
Captain Ragian

Postby benga on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:03 am

VOTE COUNT

DirtyDishSoap
Ragian
MudPuppy /1/ mitch
madmitch /5/pika, mud,,dakky,strike,DDS
Pikanchion
Little Witt
strike wolf
dakky21 /1/rag

madmitch Security Officer has been lynched
Sergeant benga

Re: Alien: The Return (8/8) N1

Postby madmitch on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:21 am

good luck Ragain, you are going to need it with these idiots :lol: just kill all the alien sided players and I still when GASP I not quite dead yet :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Re: Alien: The Return (7/8) N1

Postby benga on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:56 am

During the whole confusion the panic overtook. Two shots were fired. The lack of light caused one guard to shoot another.

DirtyDishSoap - Science Officer - N1 killed
dakky21 - 1-shot Company Guard - N1 killed

The new day arises...

edit-added italic
Last edited by benga on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant benga

Re: Alien: The Return (7/8) N1

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:03 am

Good luck town.
Dukasaur wrote:

Re: Alien: The Return (5/8) D2

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:21 am

Appears those guards who came on board really were guards. Guessing dakky shot DDS for the quick hammer. As for dakky, I guess it must have been an alien... surely there weren't 3 non-aliens with shooting powers. Anyway, must get the queen tonight. The only person I'm really leaning against is Little Witt... can't believe he'd put himself at risk for being voted out for inactivity if the AQ... he'd at least have said something, right???

Mitch thinks it is ragian and he seems like a fair candidate... but also am open to Pika & strike. Pika was my #2 choice yesterday and think he's still a solid choice.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:05 am

I am the second guard and I shot dakky21, I have no idea why they, as the other guard, would propogate the idea that there was a second cult in the form of "the company"... My role PM certainly said nothing of the sort, and it was on that basis alone that I shot them.

As it currently stands it looks like we have:

Alien Queen - Unknown - Cult Leader
Guard - Pikanchion - Vanilla Townie (as I've already shot)
Alien - Unknown - Vanilla Scum(?)

and either:
2 Science Officers - Unknown - Vanilla Townie
or
Science Officer - Unknown - Vanilla Townie
Company Man - Unknown - Unknown

I'm not certain if The Company Man is even a role in this game or if they have any powers should they exist, the starting text is a little ambiguous (although my guess is that they are on board) and my role text says nothing about them.This leaves us at a 2:3 scum to town ratio, with two lynches before the next night phase. If we fail to lynch the Alien Queen today we lose; lynch nobody and it's 3:2 tomorrow, lynch only the newly converted Alien and it's either 2:2 or 2:1 tomorrow depending on if we use the second lynch.

On this basis I think we should all role claim now.
Private Pikanchion

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:23 am

Science officer. Its the main reason I was suspecting the game was a similar set up to the previous game.

Id be most in favor of 2 out of these 3:

Mudpuppy-I'm still not a big fan of his speculation about the game set up. I never got around to responding to it because limited time and Mitchs claim smelled scummy. If not queen, he was active enough and seemed privy enough to possible alternative info to make him a decent recruit target.
Ragian-I feel like he knows Dakky well enough to know that Dakky almost always votes Mitch and it's not some magic instinct Dakky has.
Little Witt-contributing nothing to the game. We also don't really know his habits as scum so saying he wouldn't scummarine because he knows it would draw attention is a bit flimsy
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives