Conquer Club

One night mafia GAME FINISHED

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: One night mafia GAME STARTED: Day phase

Postby dakky21 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:33 pm

HotShot53 wrote:Dakky, that's not how one night werewolf works.... everyone does the role they were assigned at the beginning of the game, whether or not they were switched. The switching only matters for the end game, which team you are on. So half the challenge is figuring out which side you are really on in addition to figuring out who to vote for

But how do you figure out which side are you on if every power role does what it is supposed to do?

See the Insomniac role... it's clearly written:

"You will -not- be able to take any night actions your new role might have had."

So that is not written for other roles, so I guess that means other people could have new roles and new night actions, including Chu.
Captain dakky21

Postby Pikanchion on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:47 pm

dakky21 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:Dakky, that's not how one night werewolf works.... everyone does the role they were assigned at the beginning of the game, whether or not they were switched. The switching only matters for the end game, which team you are on. So half the challenge is figuring out which side you are really on in addition to figuring out who to vote for

But how do you figure out which side are you on if every power role does what it is supposed to do?

See the Insomniac role... it's clearly written:

"You will -not- be able to take any night actions your new role might have had."

So that is not written for other roles, so I guess that means other people could have new roles and new night actions, including Chu.

Reread the descriptions of the other roles;
Alpha Werewolf wrote:They will still carry out their own night action, if any.
Robber wrote:If the new role has a night action, you -do not- get to take that action.
Troublemaker wrote:They will still carry out their night actions, as normal, if any.
Drunk wrote:You will -not- be told what your new role is.
The night works like this: Everybody with an action submits their actions, those actions are then carried out in the order listed regardless of what role people become during this process, then the day phase begins. You carry out the action of your starting role and that action alone.
Private Pikanchion

Postby dakky21 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Pikanchion wrote:The night works like this: Everybody with an action submits their actions, those actions are then carried out in the order listed regardless of what role people become during this process, then the day phase begins. You carry out the action of your starting role and that action alone.

If that is so, then should I say which role did Chu get from the placeholder? Or wait more for more claims? I'm for the second option, we have enough time.
Captain dakky21

Postby Pikanchion on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:20 pm

That would just make it easier for Fircoal to guess the correct role to claim at this point, I would hold off until after they claim at least =P
Private Pikanchion

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:15 pm

dakky21 wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:The night works like this: Everybody with an action submits their actions, those actions are then carried out in the order listed regardless of what role people become during this process, then the day phase begins. You carry out the action of your starting role and that action alone.

If that is so, then should I say which role did Chu get from the placeholder? Or wait more for more claims? I'm for the second option, we have enough time.

Yeah, if you gave him a town role, then wait until after all the other claims are made before you say what it was, as it doesn't really matter the role, just if it was town or scum, other than for purposes of counter-claiming.
Major HotShot53

Postby Samlen on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:36 pm

We want everyone to claim at some point, right? I can start with the partial claim that I had no night action last night, but i'm a little uncertain at what point I should fully claim.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby dakky21 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Samlen wrote:We want everyone to claim at some point, right? I can start with the partial claim that I had no night action last night, but i'm a little uncertain at what point I should fully claim.

You're basically claiming either Minion, Insomniac or Villager... and since there are two villagers in the setup and Mitch already claimed one, yeah, I already see you will claim the other one (since you won't claim minion obviously).
Captain dakky21

Postby Pikanchion on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:16 pm

dakky21 wrote:
Samlen wrote:We want everyone to claim at some point, right? I can start with the partial claim that I had no night action last night, but i'm a little uncertain at what point I should fully claim.

You're basically claiming either Minion, Insomniac or Villager... and since there are two villagers in the setup and Mitch already claimed one, yeah, I already see you will claim the other one (since you won't claim minion obviously).
Hunter also has no night action. Please could nobody make any further role claims until we hear from Fircoal.
Private Pikanchion

Postby dakky21 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Looks like it will be almost 24h without posts in a 7-day game because we're waiting for a Fircoal post. I don't like it.
Captain dakky21

Postby Fircoal on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Hmph, here I was trying to avoid revealing that. But FINE, if you all insist. O:)

I robbed his troublemaker.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Fircoal wrote:Hmph, here I was trying to avoid revealing that. But FINE, if you all insist. O:)

I robbed his troublemaker.

So Ga7, were you the troublemaker? If so, who did you switch?
Major HotShot53

Postby Skoffin on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:59 am

Ahoy mateys!

My computer died magnificently, soz. Sending out a prod to everyone as you have 5 days .
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Samlen on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:21 pm

tbh i was delaying hoping to catch someone fake claiming my role (I'm da hunter). In fact, I was waiting to see how long pika would run with his hunter claim, which would deepen my suspicion of him. But lesgetthispartymoving somewhere and get some more night action claims out here.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:49 pm

You expected me to remain consistent in a role claim for more than a day? Foolishness!
Private Pikanchion

Postby FloresDelMal on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Pikanchion wrote:You expected me to remain consistent in a role claim for more than a day? Foolishness!

yep foolishness indeed, because you are not the seer but the mysthic werewolf, i hate this cosmic connection in which we targeted each other, i really wanted to win this game as scum, but you couldnt let me mr robber, so i suppose im forced to win with town now.

in case someone didnt got that ill put it bluntly, i was a wolf, but pika robbed my role so now i win with town, and as i said before i will be voting pika, because winnings with town sucks less than losing heh oh and btw my money is on the chu being the minion, but the safest lynch bet for town is still pika, gg everyone.
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby dakky21 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Please people claim... especially ga7... was the Troublemaker role Chu stole from you?
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:42 am

Well do we believe FLORES or Pica? :-k
Cadet madmitch

Postby ga7 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Y'know, after thinking way too much about this dumb game, I realized I have zero reasons to claim. As long as there's chances I could have been switched, I don't think there's any need for me to say anything about my role or actions. I do believe at least one of the furries fucked up according to their original role or action result, but it doesn't matter. If Hotshot claims it will lower my odds to a coin flip and I might decide to provide more insight but until then, f*ck yall :P
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 pm

ga7 wrote:Y'know, after thinking way too much about this dumb game, I realized I have zero reasons to claim. As long as there's chances I could have been switched, I don't think there's any need for me to say anything about my role or actions. I do believe at least one of the furries fucked up according to their original role or action result, but it doesn't matter. If Hotshot claims it will lower my odds to a coin flip and I might decide to provide more insight but until then, f*ck yall :P

The reason to claim is that you can verify which "robber" is lying. If Chu stole the troublemaker (or any other role) from you, that means he gave you the robber card, so you are town and should help town. If you weren't the troublemaker, and refuse to claim, that means you're probably a wolf, so as it stands I'll have to vote you because you're the most likely wolf.
Major HotShot53

Postby Pikanchion on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:16 am

I have something to say but I'll do so only after ga7 has claimed :3
Private Pikanchion

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:32 am

Pikanchion wrote:I have something to say but I'll do so only after ga7 has claimed :3

I do as well, I still didn't reveal what was in the placeholder I picked... but for that, ga7 needs to claim...
Captain dakky21

Postby ga7 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:05 pm

I'll throw you a bone: I'm not the troublemaker. From what I know it doesn't explain much though :roll:
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:06 pm

ga7 wrote:I'll throw you a bone: I'm not the troublemaker. From what I know it doesn't explain much though :roll:

Et tu, Frenchie-chan?
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:07 pm

ga7 wrote:I'll throw you a bone: I'm not the troublemaker. From what I know it doesn't explain much though :roll:

As Hotshot said, saying what you are not doesn't clear you from what you are...

You sound like Insomniac, being the only who knows for certain who he is, but I don't understand why not claim it then, because you'd be sure that no one will go for you...?! If you are Drunk then why just not claim Drunk and that you don't know what you are?

Looks like you're afraid you'll claim a role and someone may counter claim.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Ok, so we're back to fircoal... what are you, really?
Major HotShot53

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives