Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Replacement needed]

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:49 am

There hasn't been much backlash for my shenanigans; it would appear that people are getting too used to me. This saddens me.

In all seriousness, there is a method to my madness. Some of my list was legitimate, some was just to see who did or did not react and how.

Pika and MM are off my list because I feel they are more likely town at this point. Both are super nerds hence they are keen to talk Hobbit/LoTR's so I don't feel like I can hold that against them, neither seemed particularly fazed by me accusing them and both are playing towards their town meta at this point.

Ragoo is just destined to be mafia at this point.
Flores is just my always shady lady.
DDS is also a shady lady
Dakky has an unconventional method of checking people which I am in favour of, however he is also playing in a very similar manner to that of ME where he was cult.

In the mean time I'd like to see more from Sam and hotshot to get a feel for them. hotshot in particular as his scum strategy tends to be scummarining to victory.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 am

Vote Count 1.2

No Lynch (3): Thorthoth, Samlen, Icepack
Minister Masket (2): ZaBeast, Ragian
Pikanichion(1): Hotshot53
BuJaber(1): dakky21
Thorthoth (1): Pikanchion

Not Voting (8): DirtyDishSoap, madmitch, MudPuppy, BuJaber, skoffin, nickthesticks, Minister Masket, FloresDelMal

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

There is no current deadline in place.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Ragian on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:09 am

Well done, Skoff =D>
Captain Ragian

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 am

Kamikaze Jawa is replacing nickthesticks
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby madmitch on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:56 am

pretty sure I voted Thorth
Cadet madmitch

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:38 am

madmitch wrote:pretty sure I voted Thorth

Yea you did. I looked it up... and the reason you gave was that I'm voting 'No Lynch'. Really?
...though it also sounds like you you're afraid of getting lynched yourself and would rather have me strapped into the bandwagon.
madmitch wrote:He might be playing that new guy card, so keep on pushing him Dakky, better him than me :lol:

Care to elaborate on this?
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby FloresDelMal on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:42 am

hey guys, i read up til now and i don't have much else to add, except that i do find super WTF that mitch is asking dakky to keep pressuring thor after he expressed that he thought he might be town, skimming much mitch? :roll:

anyway i am going later today to visit my inlaws for a week with frenchy chan, so my activity might come down a notch or two, or maybe not, but it is ticking me in a bad way the absence of MM building a case on anyone or even throwing suspiscion around, i did unvote him, because my vote on him was only based on his defense of gollum as a pro town role kinda of stuff, but right now i am suspiscious of him for a whole different reason, even though he got called on his lack of real contribution he just laughed it off and rode into the sunset, this remind me of his perfomance on the lion king when he seemed quite helpful but was rarely voting for anyone, and he won the game for scum, so for now seeing the pattern repeat itself i have troubles seeing him as protown, therefore Vote MM
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:27 am

Greetings! As Lord Voldemort stated, I am replacing your absentee. If you'll allow me to say, I am brand new so I apologise in advance for any stupid noobiness but shall try my best.

I have read through the entire thread but at this point I don't feel able to confidently pick up any scum tells so for now I shall vote no lynch.
New Recruit Kamikaze Jawa

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 am

Kamikaze Jawa wrote:Greetings! As Lord Voldemort stated, I am replacing your absentee. If you'll allow me to say, I am brand new so I apologise in advance for any stupid noobiness but shall try my best.

I have read through the entire thread but at this point I don't feel able to confidently pick up any scum tells so for now I shall vote no lynch.

Welcome KJ. 'No lynch sounds like a good strategy until sufficient evidence is gathered.

Also beware of noobphobia. Some will doubt everything you say and do because your new, and also try to get everyone else to doubt you too...
Just don't let them make you doubt yourself. Trust your instincts.

Though of course, you might just be a sly scumster playing the 'noob' card. ;)
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 am

Hi KJ and welcome to the game.
I understand you just joined, but could you give us a little more to work on? You couldn't find any scum tells (and that's ok, there's not that much to work on D1), but do you have any particular opinions about the setup? And what about your role? Pika wanted to know if anybody was playing more than one character. He said he had information he would share if no one was.
Pikanchion wrote:I was very careful not to ask about any aspect of the role except how many characters they encompass initially, however it appeared as though some had taken that to be an attempt to lure out Gollum, which is why I became more specific as to what I meant afterwards, mentioning Dwarves in particular. With potentially as many as 13 players as dwarves I don't see how this could really be spying out roles... Replying in the negative does not mean you are a dwarf, nor does it mean you are not a dwarf, and affirming this hypothesis only makes you one of likely 6-11 others, with no clue as to whether your role in particular has any abilities or not; FĆ­li & KĆ­li as a single role would likely have some sort of ability, while Bofur & Bombur as a single role would still probably just be a vanilla townie.

My guess is that nobody does have multiple characters as their role, and with that being the case I have information I wish to share before the first night phase, however if I am wrong about that then my revelation is bound to be harmful to town.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:45 am

Welcome, KJ. Beast is right that there isn't a lot to go on for D1 and it seems, somewhat surprisingly, we have quite a bit of support for a D1 no-lynch. At one point I was going to try and post some stats that show why a D1 no lynch is bad for town but the only stats I found (based on a small sample size) actually showed it as pro-town... I don't believe those stats but I'm willing to acknowledge that it likely won't make a huge difference either way in such a big game. BUT, by voting "No Lynch" we do lose information in terms of voting history... so, I would encourage anyone who votes that way to list their top one or two scum reads before the day ends (even if they are just hunches) so we have something to go on for D2.

It's also OK that you aren't "confident" in any of your scum tells... as that rarely is the case on D1 (and still not terribly common on D2, D3, D4, etc.). Try re-reading and taking notes somewhere as it's hard to remember who posts what in a 16-player game. Scum may try different approaches to avoid the noose... they might:
  • Post prolifically and appear to be very active in hunting scum (Pika);
  • Post just enough to not be the least active but not enough to offer ammunition for building a case against them (HotShot);
  • Participate but without any substance (Minister Masker);
  • Do whatever it is Thor is doing (perhaps described as some version of playing the Newb even though he specifically states he's not);
  • Ask lots of questions of other players, whether valid or not (dakky);
  • Try to befriend the new guy in order to ward off a future vote from him (MudPuppy - not what I'm doing but a valid interpretation of this post); or
  • Anything in between.
These different styles of play will raise different flags for different folks and almost none will be concrete at the beginning.... As players start to contradict themselves (not to say you can't change your mind... just have a believable rationale for doing so) or have suspicious voting records, etc... folks will rise and fall on your scum list. Keep an open mind, though, and try not to lock someone into an alignment based on circumstantial evidence and gut feelings.

Most importantly, have fun and don't take any attacks on your play too seriously. Now go re-read and see if anything interesting pops the second time through.

ZaBeast wrote:And what about your role? Pika wanted to know if anybody was playing more than one character. He said he had information he would share if no one was.

You helping to promote Pika's role-fishing tease, Beast? The setup question is fine (though probably not very helpful) but then going straight into asking him about his role... with a decent potential for a brand new player to offer more than was asked?!? Hmmm.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Pikanchion on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:05 am

Kamikaze Jawa wrote:Greetings! As Lord Voldemort stated, I am replacing your absentee. If you'll allow me to say, I am brand new so I apologise in advance for any stupid noobiness but shall try my best.

Joining, immediately saying you have no input whatsoever on the previous 6 or 7 pages of discussion, joining what is currently the closest thing we've had to a bandwagon, and that thing being the No Lynch train is probably the scummiest thing I've seen anybody do this game so far. I'm willing to believe you may be new and as such I'll hold off voting for you on that basis alone, but you have to have some thoughts about something that's happened so far, otherwise why are you even playing?

After all if you have read through the whole thread as you say, just two pages back I even explained exactly what is wrong with this sort of attitude to day 1:
Pikanchion wrote:You clearly refuse to participate in Day 1 of the game because you're set on No Lynching, even if you are set on a No Lynch you could at least comment on something other than the setup of the game. How does this help town? How is town meant to have anything to go on going into Day 2 if nobody talks about anything other than setup during Day 1? Refusing to properly participate in Day 1 sets you up as a neutral party, you've disagreed with nobody over anything substantial, and likewise nobody has anything to disagree with you over. If scum this is a valid tactic, if town this is simply selfish.

No Lynching unless a candidate for scum appears is a self-fulfilling prophecy, if nobody has any pressure put on them then nobody will ever look scummy. If a game is day-starting it's clearly balanced under the expectation of a Day 1 lynch, otherwise there's no reason not to make it a night-start game.
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Hello KJ , WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE :lol: :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby Samlen on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:53 pm

I suppose it's past time I added in a post consolidating my thoughts of people so far this game.
1. DirtyDishSoap - Nothing out of ordinary. Not contributing much after no lynch stance but i'm guilty of the same thing so not much I can say.
2. Thorthoth - Confusing in that noob card was played but definitely seems capable. Would be wary of.
3. Pikanchion - Role fishing this early helps scum more than town, imo. Def a little suspicious.
4. Ragian - Hasn't stood out yet.
5. Samlen - Has a tendency to not post unless it feels substantial enough leading to less activity than there should be >,> Obviously town though amirght?
6. madmitch - Loose cannon, can't say much else.
7. MudPuppy - Honestly hasn't stood out strongly yet to me either way. Seems a bit on the fence about things
8. FloresDelMal - Hasn't really stood out much yet.
9. ZaBeast - Fair amount of activity/post length. Can only conclusively say not scummarining. The bit where he promoted pika's role-fishing rubs me wrong.
10. BuJaber - Don't like the attempt at softclaiming. Feels scummy
11. Icepack - Subbed in later but hasn't stood out yet
12. HotShot53 - Hasn't stood out yet
13. dakky21 - Pushing randomly onto people is a great way to scumhunt but can be done whether your town or scum. Wary, especially after last game
14. skoffin - Like their method of scumhunting. Would say leaning town but scum can be very sneaky so we'll see by next day.
15. Kamikaze Jawa - New player, seems worried about putting opinion, probably instinctual survival mode a lot of new players have.
16. Minister Masket - Flavor speculation mostly. Hard to say what it means as it's day 1.

Please note any 'scummy' tells are minor at this point and none of them are large enough that I would prefer to lynch them over a no-lynch.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:05 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:And what about your role? Pika wanted to know if anybody was playing more than one character. He said he had information he would share if no one was.

You helping to promote Pika's role-fishing tease, Beast? The setup question is fine (though probably not very helpful) but then going straight into asking him about his role... with a decent potential for a brand new player to offer more than was asked?!? Hmmm.

As pika pointed out, just mentionning whether you are playing two dwarves or not is not giving info on your role. You could have powers or not, and if you're not playing more than one dwarf, you could litteraly be anything. I just figuered that
1) Maybe pika was waiting for an answer from the players we haven't heard from (he's probably just waiting the end of the day to be nearer though)
2) Since the info could hurt town and it doesn't reveal anything on KJ's role, I thought I might as well ask
3) It might help with my town/scum reading depending on his answer.
And about the "more than what was asked part", I thought I was specific enough to avoid that. But let me state it more clearly if you want: @KJ, If you want to disclose it, ONLY say whether you are playing more than one dwarf. It should be a yes/no answer.
Happy now?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Samlen on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:13 pm

That's just it, saying whether or not you're playing more than one dwarf IS helping scum out. By saying so you are confirming you are a dwarf, and if there's a vanilla townie standard in this game it would be dwarves. So by answering yes you're practically saying i'm vanilla and not worth attacking to the scum, leaving it easier for them to pick off power roles
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Pikanchion on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Samlen wrote:That's just it, saying whether or not you're playing more than one dwarf IS helping scum out. By saying so you are confirming you are a dwarf, and if there's a vanilla townie standard in this game it would be dwarves. So by answering yes you're practically saying i'm vanilla and not worth attacking to the scum, leaving it easier for them to pick off power roles

Well again: unless you are one of the relevant dwarven roles and happen to know better, you should have no reason to assume that.
Private Pikanchion

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Samlen wrote:That's just it, saying whether or not you're playing more than one dwarf IS helping scum out. By saying so you are confirming you are a dwarf, and if there's a vanilla townie standard in this game it would be dwarves. So by answering yes you're practically saying i'm vanilla and not worth attacking to the scum, leaving it easier for them to pick off power roles

I would agree with you if we were talking about regular dwarves (though I would expect Thorin to have some powers), but double dwarves could be a special kind of dwarf. And we either have one semi-confirmed townie (could be scum lying also) or important info from Pika. I don't see what's wrong in that.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby madmitch on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:25 pm

won't be posting to much in next few days, had someone close to me pass away :cry:
Cadet madmitch

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Ragian wrote:Well done, Skoff =D>

Excuse me sir, is that a hint of sarcasm I detect? DO YOU WANNA GO? I'LL GO!

Kamikaze Jawa wrote:I have read through the entire thread but at this point I don't feel able to confidently pick up any scum tells so for now I shall vote no lynch.

ZaBeast wrote:

I would agree with you if we were talking about regular dwarves (though I would expect Thorin to have some powers), but double dwarves could be a special kind of dwarf. And we either have one semi-confirmed townie (could be scum lying also) or important info from Pika. I don't see what's wrong in that.

This is pretty much where I fall and, selfishly, I'm really keen to learn Pika's sekrit super info. I'm not playing more than one character; I am a single character as per the norm and I default assumed everybody else was the same.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:51 pm

madmitch wrote:won't be posting to much in next few days, had someone close to me pass away :cry:

Sorry to hear that mate, wish you the best.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Sorry, mitch. Take the time you need.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Well, it's certainly been interesting so far, and although I still think it's a bit early to call for scum tells on this I'll give my two cents.
show

Not much to go on. I'm looking at a few people though.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skoffin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Did you just
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Yes. Yes I did. Come at me.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives