Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [16/16] D1 [Insert Town Name Here]

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:17 am

Hello everybody.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby madmitch on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:33 am

Well we better look at Mandy and Kwan for maybe shooting the gun, they were the last two coming into town.
Cadet madmitch

Postby mandalorian2298 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 am

vote Skoffin

After and only after she casts a vote, like a normal person, am I prepared to look at other players.

Also, she tally was Scar in Lion King but then Nag changed her role just so that Iit appears like I was wrong. I just know it. All of you know it too. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

Also, hi everyone :)
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 am

Unvote vote Dakky for A. Always being scum, and B. For killing me in the previous game, you're a bastard of the highest order.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skoffin on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 am

It's not actually my job to remind people of things they sign up for; I am not a secretary, nor am I your mother. :evil:
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 am

Skoffin wrote: It's not actually my job to remind people of things they sign up for; I am not a secretary, nor am I your mother. :evil:

Lies! >:(

Vote: mandalorian2298 for voting for my secretary and/or mother.
Private Pikanchion

Postby dakky21 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:26 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:B. For killing me in the previous game, you're a bastard of the highest order.

I had to pull a trigger on someone, it wasn't personal. No hard feelings...
Captain dakky21

Postby benga on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

Pikanchion wrote:
Skoffin wrote: It's not actually my job to remind people of things they sign up for; I am not a secretary, nor am I your mother. :evil:

vote pika for banging his mother
Sergeant benga

Re: CYOC #5 [16/16]

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
BuJaber wrote:Seems a little pre-mature in my opinion. We can start day 1 and give them a chance for a few more days. If they still don't confirm we go with strike wolf's idea.

Nah, they've had plenty of time to make a showing. Replace 'em.

Thorthoth confirmed scum

I'm actually semi-serious about this. Logically, who would stand to gain the most from replacing the two unconfirmed players? A scum player who knew that one of the other two players in question was a scum buddy. That person would have the most pressing reason to get a replacement -- numerically, it matters a lot more for scum to have an inactive player than it does for town. So I'd say Thorthoth should be our first consideration of D1.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
BuJaber wrote:Seems a little pre-mature in my opinion. We can start day 1 and give them a chance for a few more days. If they still don't confirm we go with strike wolf's idea.

Thorthoth confirmed scum

I'm actually semi-serious about this. Logically, who would stand to gain the most from replacing the two unconfirmed players? A scum player who knew that one of the other two players in question was a scum buddy. That person would have the most pressing reason to get a replacement -- numerically, it matters a lot more for scum to have an inactive player than it does for town. So I'd say Thorthoth should be our first consideration of D1.

Thank you Mets, for demonstrating the exact opposite of a brilliant deduction.

But anyway, what is the raison d'etre for having as CYOC game when nobody knows who the characters are?
Since there wouldn't/shouldn't need to be any predictive power with knowing these roles, it seems like it would be more amusing to know what they are so that amusingly surreal cross-subcultural role play could ensue.
For example, there is no reason that a My Little Pony couldn't be the scum killer, or Count Dracula be a virtuous town cop.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Samlen on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Don't worry. If Thor plays like his other games he'll be so scummy we'll have no choice but to vote him off within a week =p. On a more serious note, we really should get around to changing the name our town, shouldn't we? Just make sure we ignore any and all suggestions from skoffin.

ninja'd by thor. See this over-reactive defensiveness is exactly what almost/did get you lynched in your other games. And I doubt you'll have an innocent child role again to defend yourself.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Samlen wrote:Don't worry. If Thor plays like his other games he'll be so scummy we'll have no choice but to vote him off within a week =p. On a more serious note, we really should get around to changing the name our town, shouldn't we? Just make sure we ignore any and all suggestions from skoffin.

ninja'd by thor. See this over-reactive defensiveness is exactly what almost/did get you lynched in your other games. And I doubt you'll have an innocent child role again to defend yourself.

But the very fact that a townie was almost lynched due to misperceived scumminess should show you the error inherent in your default assumptions.

btw, Sam, I am aware that your smiling Link avatar may falsely portray you in an innocent/townish light. I will consciously counteract that suggestion if warranted.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

Thorthoth confirmed scum

Because wanting the game to stall out before it starts is the town thing to do.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby mandalorian2298 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:20 pm

And you tell me this now?! :o

I have spent all day waiting for you to bring me coffeee! :x

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TIRED I AM!!??
:evil:

OMG! I HAVE MISSED WORK?!?!?!? :shock:

Seriously, can you bring me that coffee already? Please? :(
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby madmitch on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:11 pm

@ Thort are you claiming to be My little Pony or Count Dracula ? :-s
Cadet madmitch

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:12 pm

madmitch wrote:@ Thort are you claiming to be My little Pony or Count Dracula ? :-s

Those are the two they sent in that the mod didn't pick clearly... =P
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:17 pm

@ Pika ,you are probably right but how would you know ? are you scum buddies? :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby aage on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Thorthoth wrote:For example, there is no reason that a My Little Pony couldn't be the scum killer, or Count Dracula be a virtuous town cop.

There is, however, some marginal comedic value to be found in making a My Little Pony into the scum boss. I don't put it beyond TFO's sense of humour.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

Thorthoth confirmed scum

Because wanting the game to stall out before it starts is the town thing to do.

So you'll be voting BuJaber then?

Postby The Weird One on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Vote Kwan For being the second to last to confirm, I suppose.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Eh. Buj at least wanted the game to start. I havent really formed a read on anyone yet.
I just think it's silly to try to place a scum tell because someone wanted replacements to get the game going. Frankly I was pretty much in agreement with Thor. They had had about 4 days to read a pm and write a one word response and they hadn't done it. I'm glad Mandy is participating now and it's too early to say how active Kwan will be but I do feel there was concern at that point that the game could stall out and we had players willing to replace.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Skoffin on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Quite the silly reason to suspect Thor; I felt the same way as him as it's completely justifiable to want people to hurry up.

benga wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:

Bitch he wishes.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 pm

strike wolf wrote:Eh. Buj at least wanted the game to start. I havent really formed a read on anyone yet.
I just think it's silly to try to place a scum tell because someone wanted replacements to get the game going. Frankly I was pretty much in agreement with Thor. They had had about 4 days to read a pm and write a one word response and they hadn't done it. I'm glad Mandy is participating now and it's too early to say how active Kwan will be but I do feel there was concern at that point that the game could stall out and we had players willing to replace.

Could have also just said start the game without them and hope they catch up -- that was one of the options TFO offered. That would have avoided the game dying too.

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Skoffin wrote:
benga wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:

Bitch he wishes.

Pfft... :3
Private Pikanchion

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Eh. Buj at least wanted the game to start. I havent really formed a read on anyone yet.

Could have also just said start the game without them and hope they catch up -- that was one of the options TFO offered. That would have avoided the game dying too.

And you know as well as I do that half the conversation at that point would have been about the inactive, non-confirmers until they showed up or were replaced. A conversation that almost always leads to nothing significant and is usually just one big distraction.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives