Conquer Club

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 2

Postby robellis00 on Fri May 04, 2018 12:28 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:[Rob is probably forefront on my scum list, as he tends to post without saying much.

aww nuts.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby BuJaber on Fri May 04, 2018 3:09 am

You can find a WIFOM argument to dismiss pretty much anyone though. Sometimes it's just that simple.

For example if they were only interested in not having anyone suspect them they would kill tailgunner before he even speaks.
Nobody would be able to connect him to anyone.

The betiko kill is only 1 reason I have for suspecting rob. What do you think of the rest? Are they not enough to make up for the 'weakness' of the betiko reason ?

I don't drag things out for no reason. When I'm convinced I want to vote for someone I just do it. If someone changes my mind I'll post accordingly. But I don't see why I have to wait just because we have a lot of time until deadline. We are discussing options and everything. I'm quite convinced rob is scum .. up to you guys to agree or convince me otherwise.
Major BuJaber

Postby robellis00 on Fri May 04, 2018 10:27 am

BuJaber wrote:When I'm convinced I want to vote for someone I just do it.

When you do it, it's ok. When I do it, it's scum.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby madmitch on Fri May 04, 2018 10:35 am

@ Bujaber , why should we believe you are town ? and why do you think Rags is town ? As far as we know you two could be working together :-s :-k :-k @ Tails my so called tangents might not of helped town the way I hoped but it sure riled some feathers :lol: and I am picking poppies not daisies
Cadet madmitch

Postby BuJaber on Fri May 04, 2018 12:56 pm

You don't know if I'm scum or not. That's what scumhunting is all about. Do my points make sense. Do my posts sound like I'm scum? Questions you need to answer.

As for you rob I don't see the connection. That quote you have is me responding to Ragian disliking my quick vote as soon as day 2 started. You haven't made such a vote so where did we do something similar to each other?
Major BuJaber

Postby robellis00 on Fri May 04, 2018 1:52 pm

BuJaber wrote: That's what scumhunting is all about. Do my points make sense. Do my posts sound like I'm scum? Questions you need to answer.

As for you rob I don't see the connection......so where did we do something similar to each other?

I analyzed what Dakky had posted. I listed my rationale. I thought he was mafia, so I voted for him.
You are analyzing my posts (as in...do they sound like scum?). You listed your rationale. You think I'm mafia, so you voted for me.

Now do you see?
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat May 05, 2018 9:53 am

djelebert is on vacation for this week.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby madmitch on Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 am

Well guys what do you want to do ? Do we wait a week for djelebert or do we continue on and if yes how ? It will make me sound scummy but maybe we should vote him out ,at least it will keep the game going :-k :-k
Cadet madmitch

Postby Pikanchion on Sun May 06, 2018 3:50 am

I'm torn between BuJaber and robellis00, BuJaber's first couple of posts today gave me an uneasy feeling as it seemed like an attempt to rush through a lynch before anybody had time to think, but many of the criticisms levelled at robellis00 are valid.

The fact that nobody has jumped on the robellis00 lynch however is worth noting, why would neither of them have jumped on the robellis00 wagon by now after so many have made posts suggesting they would be on board with it?
Private Pikanchion

Postby Ragian on Sun May 06, 2018 2:56 pm

re: djele, I say wait.

@Mitch, I agree with BuJ that you need to make up your mind just like everyone else. Do you go with BuJ thinking Rob is the right choice because sometimes it's just the simple explanation and quick process, or do you raise an eyebrow due to the quick vote and something that smells like a setup like me?

Please also note that I haven't voted for BuJ. I'm just putting my thoughts out in the open, which I implore everyone to do.

Pika seems to be on the fence, too. What are your thoughts on Rob, Pika? And perhaps on BuJ's thoughts on you?
Captain Ragian

Postby robellis00 on Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 am

[quote="Pikanchion"why would neither of them have jumped on the robellis00 wagon by now after so many have made posts suggesting they would be on board with it?[/quote]

Probably because I've already explained Day 1 that I'm town. I guess my style of scumhunting is too aggressive. So why would those people want me gone from the game?

Mitch, what exactly are you suggesting about djelebert taking the week off? Are you thinking he's mafia and he just wants to let us lynch someone which would work in his favor? or are you thinking he's mafia and he doesn't want us suspecting him, so he's silent for the week? what if he is town Mitch?
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby madmitch on Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 am

Ragian wrote:re: djele, I say wait.

@Mitch, I agree with BuJ that you need to make up your mind just like everyone else. Do you go with BuJ thinking Rob is the right choice because sometimes it's just the simple explanation and quick process, or do you raise an eyebrow due to the quick vote and something that smells like a setup like me?

Please also note that I haven't voted for BuJ. I'm just putting my thoughts out in the open, which I implore everyone to do.

Pika seems to be on the fence, too. What are your thoughts on Rob, Pika? And perhaps on BuJ's thoughts on you?

@ also Rags why change your mine ? You wanted to hang djele from the get go,Also Bujaber why Rob and Pika ? and Pika why Rob and Bujaber ? Well you both agree on Rob. I also am still wary of Rob and did vote for him for the way he was playing and a OMGUS vote because he voted for me , and about djele I just didn't want the game to slow down that is why I asked my question.
Cadet madmitch

Postby madmitch on Tue May 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Hello 8) , anybody out there ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Time for a MASSPROD!!!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby robellis00 on Tue May 08, 2018 11:56 pm

is this normal for a mafia game?

-one person signs up then wusses out.
-many players not posting for more than 48 hours, on more than one occasion.
-one player taking a week off.

just asking.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby Ragian on Wed May 09, 2018 12:49 am

@Mod, could we extend the deadline, please, so that djele can return and be a part of the game?
Captain Ragian

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed May 09, 2018 1:46 am

Ragian wrote:That narrows it down to four scumsters. Thanks...

As opposed to what? You expect all the homework to be done D2 and the killer caught, knife in hand?

No thoughts of regarding a possible setup from neither Mitch nor Tails? Weird.

Also, both Djele and Rob are newbies, right? (Though Rob said that he's been playing live mafia or something.) I'd argue that their "aww, nuts" reaction is a newbie trait rather than scummy.

Setup speculation is next to pointless. Actually, it's a distraction.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby BuJaber on Wed May 09, 2018 1:57 am

Anybody have a reason not to vote robellis?
Apart from y'all don't trust me.. anything about rob specifically that seems townie?
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 am

Yeah, that's the only logical deduction from my post :roll: We're seven players left, so giving four is tantamount to giving nothing. Why are you not voting Rob if he's highest on your scum list?

@BuJ, I think he plays a newbie townie no clue game, so yeah, that seems townish to me. If I were to vote now (which I won't when the other person I suspect is AWOL), I'd vote you, BuJ. The more I think of it, the more your actions reek of a setup of one of the newbies.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Wed May 09, 2018 5:46 am

@ Rags Why the big turn around ? You had your vote on djele from the get go and now you don't ? What changed ? I know he is on vacation and that should not matter ,( he should not have played if he was leaving ,we were short of players already ) . So please tell me , what has changed ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Pikanchion on Wed May 09, 2018 6:07 am

Vote: BuJaber the overly aggressive start to Day 2 still doesn't feel right to me.
Private Pikanchion

Postby Ragian on Wed May 09, 2018 7:18 am

madmitch wrote:@ Rags Why the big turn around ? You had your vote on djele from the get go and now you don't ? What changed ? I know he is on vacation and that should not matter ,( he should not have played if he was leaving ,we were short of players already ) . So please tell me , what has changed ?

See parenthesis...
Ragian wrote:[...]

@BuJ, I think he plays a newbie townie no clue game, so yeah, that seems townish to me. If I were to vote now (which I won't when the other person I suspect is AWOL), I'd vote you, BuJ. The more I think of it, the more your actions reek of a setup of one of the newbies.
Captain Ragian

Postby robellis00 on Wed May 09, 2018 1:35 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Setup speculation is next to pointless. Actually, it's a distraction.

Tails, can you explain a little of what you mean by this, since a few of us are still trying to learn the game? Wasn't it you that also said something like discussing claims would be pointless? Isn't that talking about the setup?
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 pm

robellis00 wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Setup speculation is next to pointless. Actually, it's a distraction.

Tails, can you explain a little of what you mean by this, since a few of us are still trying to learn the game? Wasn't it you that also said something like discussing claims would be pointless? Isn't that talking about the setup?

It's only speculation. Doom says somewhere explicitly he based the game on a die roll. Sitting here trying to guess which of the three or four (i don't really know, i barely glanced at the link) possibilities of which roles there are do nothing to move the game along.

I used to play here all the time, and the biggest challenge has been keeping the games active. Speculating on whether the scum have one or two power roles does absolutey nothing. Would knowing they have a regular goon or a tracker realistically affect your actions? No. It merely clogs up the pages with extraneous information, and really all this does is benefit scum because every post about something unrelated helps them.

Ragian wrote:Yeah, that's the only logical deduction from my post :roll: We're seven players left, so giving four is tantamount to giving nothing. Why are you not voting Rob if he's highest on your scum list?

I'm not voting yet because I've always been conservative with my votes. Besides, he's a newbie and therefore like you I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed May 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Ragian wrote:@Mod, could we extend the deadline, please, so that djele can return and be a part of the game?

If nobody PMs me to object within the next 24 hours, the deadline will be extended to Monday the 14th.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives