Conquer Club

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:58 pm

I think I have a replacement. Will do a vote count again sometime today, might extend the day depending on how long until the replacement takes to catch up.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:09 pm

Role received, can't really post until Monday night or Tuesday.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Vote Count is unchanged:
madmitch (2) - dakky, robellis
dakky (4) - djelebert, Pikanchion, betiko, madmitch
djelebert (1) - Ragian
robellis (1) - Bujaber,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is extended to May 4.

EDITED: FIXED
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Doom you missed the mitch's vote on me which brought me to L-1. Last page somewhere on the bottom.
Captain dakky21

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 am

I still see dakky21 as the best option for the lynch, nobody else has posted anything too suspect imo.
Private Pikanchion

Postby dakky21 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:01 pm

I still see someone else as the best option for the lynch, because I am town, and I claimed. When it turns out that I said the truth, whoever hammered will be next in a row for lynch, bringing town to LYLO D3.

Town, even if someone decides to lynch (hammer) me, don't go after that person Day 2 because I think all scums are already on the wagon. Pick someone out of these four, ffs.
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:40 pm

dakky21 wrote:Doom you missed the mitch's vote on me which brought me to L-1. Last page somewhere on the bottom.

Fixed.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Ragian on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:30 pm

You have a fifty percent shot, then (if we are to follow you down that road). Who's your money on and why?
Captain Ragian

Postby robellis00 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 pm

dakky21 wrote: Town, even if someone decides to lynch (hammer) me, don't go after that person Day 2 because I think all scums are already on the wagon. Pick someone out of these four

This is very bold, and very interesting. If Dakky is mafia, he'd try to protect his partner. If Dakky is mafia, his partner would not be voting to lynch him. Dakky's mafia partner would be out of the 4 remaining players: ragian, bujaber, me, and new guy tailgunner.

I don't have much of a read of Ragian yet, and he is an experienced player, so he could be playing the role really well.
Bujaber as well is experienced, but has not received much attention/heat yet.
As for me, I know I'm not anyone's mafia partner.
We know nothing about Tailgunner, other than he is replacing another player.

I hope I'm not overthinking this, but check this out. If LooseCannon were mafia and didn't participate Dakky would be by himself. Dakky did call for LC to be replaced. Things are making sense.

UNVOTE, VOTE DAKKY21
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby dakky21 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 pm

I think this is a lynch and yeah I said truth when claimed, so you lynched town. Good luck in the rest of the game.
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:47 pm

That's a Lynch. Scene in 4ish hours. You have until then to finish eating the cucumber sandwiches and tea.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:55 pm

March 22, 1918

We sat down for lunch to determine what was going on. We couldn't tell anything. The orders came by telephone and by hand, nobody could figure out exactly what they meant. Some battalions were retreating, some kept fighting. Some platoons gave up their lives so that others could retreat. Some surrendered, some were surrounded. Us generals sat around trying to figure whether a bayonet or machete was used to stab our partner. Then we shared some old war stories.

Finally, the French joined the fray at the south end. Of course, this wouldn't do, so we immediately killed one of them.

Marie-Eugene Debeney, Vanilla Townie (dakky21) has been lynched. Night 1 Begin.
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Night 1

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed May 02, 2018 4:31 pm

March 23, 1918

We've never seen so much fog - and some of us come from very foggy lands. It's as thick as peanut butter, all throughout the land. By the times the attacks started, we realized we had been flanked in the night - so we started to retreat! However, this was no good as the enemy was behind us as well. You can imagine what happened. Absolute massacres as far as the eye could see (which wasn't very far, admittedly), numerous towns, hills, bridges and trenches were surrendered. It seems as if the Germans had won.

One platoon didn't realize the predicament they were in. They kept fighting for the strategically significant Montagne bridge on the Crozat canal even though they were totally surrounded. This was the result:

Also, in the firefight, General Maurice PellƩ Town Doctor (betiko) was killed!

This hasn't been a good war for the French. We sat down to determine who would pay for these defeats!

Day 2 Begin.

Deadline is May 10.
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 2

Postby madmitch on Wed May 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Well we lynched 1 town and somebody killed another good guy, does anybody have any good news because I don't :(
Cadet madmitch

Postby BuJaber on Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 am

Good news is we lynch robellis and pika

Vote robellis
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Thu May 03, 2018 12:32 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Vote Count is unchanged:
madmitch (2) - dakky, robellis
dakky (4) - djelebert, Pikanchion, betiko, madmitch
djelebert (1) - Ragian
robellis (1) - Bujaber,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is extended to May 4.

EDITED: FIXED

Full wagon was djelebert, Pika, betiko, madmitch, robellis.

Dakky was lynched. I'm town. I think ragian is town (we'll see). That leaves both scum on the wagon.
I think robellis and pika make the most sense based on D1 play. I think if dakky wasn't flash wagoned robellis was most liekly going to be lynched.
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Thu May 03, 2018 12:52 am

Well, town doc down is bad. Before we rush into anything, BuJ, let's have some conversation going. Firstly, are you basing your vote on Rob's D1 play solely? He didn't come off as too scummy to me albeit the hammer didn't do him any favours (especially after dakky's "don't look at the hammer, scum is already voting for me"). Secondly, why Pika? Pika hasn't stood out to me at all...

Thirdly, we need to scrutinise whether the night kill was meant to cause confusion, meant to get rid of someone on scum's back, or meant to look incriminating. This last notion always has me raising eyebrows when someone bulldozes into the thread voting before everyone is wearing clothes.

I.e. I think it's way too soon D2 to be voting. At the very least, we need to hear tailgunner's take on the game so far (as well as any other player with information).
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Thu May 03, 2018 2:37 am

Apart from a push on dakky, pika is not really getting involved.

Rob's D1 was sketchy, betiko was suspecting him, his hammer was sketchy, and I still believe if dakky wasn't lynched D1, it would have been rob. Which is why there wasn't much resistance to dakky lynch. Now I know dakky acted a little weird and I'm not faulting everyone who voted for him BUT we know now he was town and if I am right about dakky wagon being a counterwagon to robellis then rob and someone else who voted for dakky are the scum.

I might consider mitch as an option instead of pika.

But you're right we should consider Tail's and anybody else's opinion.
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Thu May 03, 2018 2:48 am

BuJaber wrote:Apart from a push on dakky, pika is not really getting involved.

Rob's D1 was sketchy, betiko was suspecting him, his hammer was sketchy, and I still believe if dakky wasn't lynched D1, it would have been rob. Which is why there wasn't much resistance to dakky lynch. Now I know dakky acted a little weird and I'm not faulting everyone who voted for him BUT we know now he was town and if I am right about dakky wagon being a counterwagon to robellis then rob and someone else who voted for dakky are the scum.

I might consider mitch as an option instead of pika.

But you're right we should consider Tail's and anybody else's opinion.

The highlighted bit is where you make me paranoid. Whom do you choose to nightkill? Someone who will bring attention to your scumbuddy or someone who won't? Or even better, someone who incriminates someone else? You have already conceeded that Rob's D1 was sketchy. (I would probably go with noobish rather than sketchy, but that's irrelevant for this discussion.) If scum's choice of nightkill can get another townie hanged, that choice is, of course, preferable. And then you come steaming in voting for Rob. It makes me iffy. It reeks of a setup.

Granted, this is WIFOMy, but I can't shake that feeling.
Captain Ragian

Postby djelebert on Thu May 03, 2018 5:58 am

Ouch, this is hard for us. Really important to vote for a scum today, or it's over, isn't it? 5 townies and 2 scums

I regret honestly my vote, as I wasn't sure at all, mostly now we loose our doctor.

I don't think it's necessary that scums had same vote on day one. I'm pretty convinced that scums were appreciating seeing that dakky was put to be lynched, without big discussion.
For me, They didnt vote for him (or maybe just one). We already made a mistake, please not for second day .
To remind : In the 4 who voted dakky :
- 1 noob (me)
- 1 dead (betiko)
- 1 who has apparently bad reputation, but people didn't convince me that he's scum ( Mitch)
- 1 who is a experimented player (Pika).

I will take time to read again all messages before discuss
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby Ragian on Thu May 03, 2018 6:30 am

Given that this is not an experimental game, we'll only lose one townie tonight, so even if we lynch town, we have a final shot at it. Getting it right today, however, must be our motivation.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am

I didn't like Rob's quick vote on Dakky ,he killed him before we had a chance to think about Dakky's claim
Cadet madmitch

Postby robellis00 on Thu May 03, 2018 10:39 am

madmitch wrote:I didn't like Rob's quick vote on Dakky ,he killed him before we had a chance to think about Dakky's claim

First, I am also pretty frustrated that we lynched a fellow town. Sorry about that. We can't get it back, but as was pointed out there were 5 that voted for him.
There were over 24 hours between his claim and my post. I used those 24 hours to analyze 1)what he said, 2)the vote count, and 3)the implications. Just for future reference, how much time do we need to wait after someone claims?

My rationale was sound. It looked like he knew he would be lynched and was trying to protect his partner. That makes sense.
Now we have the advantage of hindsight and we know that we were wrong. This is my first mafia over the web, I'm used to mafia in person, so this is new to me. Taking a couple of weeks to get through 1 day seems like an eternity, but I can work on my patience.

That still leaves mafia out there.

BuJaber, I want to know what you want me to do if my scumhunting is not helpful. If you're looking at people's actions to determine their level of shadiness, that's what I was doing too. I'm willing to follow your lead, but a quick vote on me does not seem upright, it seems shady.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 03, 2018 9:11 pm

madmitch wrote:I didn't like Rob's quick vote on Dakky ,he killed him before we had a chance to think about Dakky's claim

Rob is probably forefront on my scum list, as he tends to post without saying much. Just riding the discussion and trying to ingratiate himself to town. However, i feel i must point out to you and a few others that "thinking about...claim[s]" is pointless as scum have fakeclaims provided. We'll have to disregard any claims without verification because it's rigged against town in this case. Cast your votes based on gameplay not claims. Doom even stated that his role pms will be worded differently, so don't get your hopes up of catching a scum in a bungled claim.

Mitch you're next on my list because your tangents aren't helping town at all, or even gameplay in general. We're playing baseball while you're out picking daisies.

I like the points about pika. Seems like a classic case of scummarining.

Djelebert looks pretty scummy for his regret on the dakky lynch. Like rob, it looks like you're trying to curry favor or sympathy from town. Lynching a townie on d1 happens all the time (when d1 lynches actually occur, that is). No big.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Ragian on Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 pm

That narrows it down to four scumsters. Thanks... No thoughts of regarding a possible setup from neither Mitch nor Tails? Weird.

Also, both Djele and Rob are newbies, right? (Though Rob said that he's been playing live mafia or something.) I'd argue that their "aww, nuts" reaction is a newbie trait rather than scummy.
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives