Conquer Club

Powerless mafia, mafia win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Powerless mafia, Day One

Postby blacky365 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Ol, I’m here...
I see the reasons for a no lynch, but surely in a game like this we want to try to establish voting patterns as early as possible?
The point of this game was to try to give rookie players, such as myself, a chance at having a game with no pr’s.
If we are just gonna shoot from the hip and go randomly with the maths to back us up then what is the point?

I would want to hear from ppl and try to learn the way ppl speak to try and catch the scum that way... forgive me, but isn’t it called scum hunting?
Or is that not allowed either?
Private 1st Class blacky365

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 am

Im here. Poopin away my worries.

Hugs not drugs
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby BuJaber on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:04 am

Weren't you a pretty successful mafia last game blacky?

Trying to play it off like yer a newbie .. smh

vote no lynch

I think arguing about this will do more harm than good. Let's get to odd players then nobody has any excuse.

I'm expecting a lynch-thirsty town day 2 and every day after.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:05 am

Unvote, vote no lynch

In case I need to unvote first
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 am

blacky365 wrote:Ol, I’m here...
I see the reasons for a no lynch, but surely in a game like this we want to try to establish voting patterns as early as possible?
The point of this game was to try to give rookie players, such as myself, a chance at having a game with no pr’s.
If we are just gonna shoot from the hip and go randomly with the maths to back us up then what is the point?

I would want to hear from ppl and try to learn the way ppl speak to try and catch the scum that way... forgive me, but isn’t it called scum hunting?
Or is that not allowed either?

Yes, but D2 our odds increase according to the weird kid's math (I'm not one to go against that because I suck at math). So, our scumhunting starts D2 apparently.
Captain Ragian

Postby Skoffin on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:59 am

UNVOTE VOTE NO LYNCH

pewpewpew!
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby aage on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:17 am

jfm10
dgz345 - strike (1)
BuJaber
blacky365
Ragian
Strike Wolf
Skoffin
Pikanchion
Bernie Sanders
DDS

No lynch - pika ragian dgz buj skoffin (5)

With 10 alive you need 6 to lynch.

AFK hitlist: jfm, bernie
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 am

Any reason strike is keeping his vote on me?
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby strike wolf on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 am

I'm admittedly hesitant about going No Lynch any time but the math does add up and with it being our only power and having the side effect of potential mod kills we should be cautious in how we use it.

I'm in preference of discussion myself. Again there are no night results to fall back on so discussion and analysis of players is all thats available. I think Pika bringing up that we should no lynch early kinda killed a lot of routes for discussion today. I get May be wanting to do it early before any bandwagon gained steam but probably a bit too early.

I will not hammer no lynch quite yet and both for the aforemention reason of wanting a bit more discussion and to give Bernie and JFM a bit more time to respond.

unvote

I suppose the counter-argument here is that from a pure mathematical stand point, the chances that at least onr of JFM/Bernie are scum is higher than hitting scum on just a random lynch but analyzing behavior if scum are active at all and read the modkill rule, they would have almost certainly posted to avoid being mod killed. Especially if they saw that day might be ending quicker than expected.

Slow posted (because I got up from typing) by DGZ: Because I hadnt posted again till now?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 am

I agree that discussion is good. Or you fear that your scum mate is about to get modkilled...
Captain Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 am

Ragian wrote:I agree that discussion is good. Or you fear that your scum mate is about to get modkilled...

Kinda agree with this.

There is a possibility someone is not willing to vote lo lynch right now because of scum buddy mod kill.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:19 am

And BTW. Do NOT vote no lynch if there is only one mod kill!! Important!!

Cause that would negate the town advantage from the no lynch!
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:21 am

So jfm or Bernie is not allowed to vote no lynch right now!

Unless they want my vote next day...

And the same goes for the one who votes no lynch after ONE of them type!

Just saying that you would need a good argument if you mess this up. :)
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby blacky365 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:42 am

BuJaber wrote:Weren't you a pretty successful mafia last game blacky?

Trying to play it off like yer a newbie .. smh

vote no lynch

I think arguing about this will do more harm than good. Let's get to odd players then nobody has any excuse.

I'm expecting a lynch-thirsty town day 2 and every day after.

No, I was scum in the into the deep game.
Last game I was night killed by rage.
I’m not a total newbie, I have played 4 or 5 games now, but all games I have played so far have been pretty heavy with the power roles, the idea here was to strip it back and learn the basics.

I get the maths idea of voting no lynch, but just not sure there is much point in general.
Obvs I’ll support the majority decision although I won’t vote until everyone has joined.

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:52 pm

strike wolf wrote:DGZ: Because I hadnt posted again till now?

im just trying to get people to talk :) tho you would probably talk anyway. that's why i didn't type my text directly at you.

blacky365 wrote:
I’m not a total newbie, I have played 4 or 5 games now, but all games I have played so far have been pretty heavy with the power roles, the idea here was to strip it back and learn the basics.

I get the maths idea of voting no lynch, but just not sure there is much point in general.
Obvs I’ll support the majority decision although I won’t vote until everyone has joined.

just note that the FoS on you raises with the potential that you might be delaying for a scum buddy.

right now if jfm or bernie flips scum. blacky and strike is a little bit higher on the scum list than the rest of us. (just a bit)
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:10 pm

It is worth noting that if only one of these last two players posts we should lynch somebody (other than the player who has not posted) as it will offer the same odds as No Lynch currently does with both of them not posting. As this process would likely take long enough for the second of them to return however, we would probably be back to a situation where No Lynch is best just with more waiting (and worse odds of Town winning).
Private Pikanchion

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:16 pm

@Pika yea my mind slipped that we could lynch 1 if just ONE gets here.

For those still wondering how voting no lynch right now adds to the odds of town winning is because you can count the mod kills as town kills. therefor with more mod kills you effectively get more lynches a day.

so if you vote no lynch right now its like lynching 2 people. its double the odds of getting a scum. (from pure random aspect)
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 pm

If the two get modkilled for not posting for any lynch or no lynch occurs, we also get a voting pattern. Only scum knows the alignment of the two in question right now.
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 am

no you're wrong. no lynching only works if both don't post or if both post.

if only one post we should lynch.

that's assuming we are continuing to follow Pika's theory
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:53 am

BuJaber wrote:no you're wrong. no lynching only works if both don't post or if both post.

the "you're wrong" is for dgz
unless I misunderstand what he posts.. that's also likely tbh I struggle to follow his posting style
Major BuJaber

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Im still around. Long story short, tranny blew out, been car shopping and watching my fiances plummet
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:56 pm

I'll give my wishy washy God mode post later tonight. Still reading everything.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby dgz345 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 pm

BuJaber wrote:
BuJaber wrote:no you're wrong. no lynching only works if both don't post or if both post.

the "you're wrong" is for dgz
unless I misunderstand what he posts.. that's also likely tbh I struggle to follow his posting style

Yes if you only read my last post you could say im wrong but if you check my posts before i stated kinda the same thing as you did
BuJaber wrote:"no lynching only works if both don't post or if both post."

dgz345 wrote:And BTW. Do NOT vote no lynch if there is only one mod kill!! Important!!
Cause that would negate the town advantage from the no lynch!

so someone is just glancing the posts :o

BuJaber wrote:that's also likely tbh I struggle to follow his posting style

1. I'm very quick to press submit i usually edit my posts afterwards when i read them afterwards. but I'm not allowed with that in mafia games. therefor I'm usually posting multiple posts in a row.
you could say that my messages are closer to phone text messages and not carefully written essays.

2. English is not my native tongue.

3. Most my posts are done on the phone as i can't sit at the computer while keeping track of my kids.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby blacky365 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 pm

dgz345 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:DGZ: Because I hadnt posted again till now?

im just trying to get people to talk :) tho you would probably talk anyway. that's why i didn't type my text directly at you.

blacky365 wrote:

just note that the FoS on you raises with the potential that you might be delaying for a scum buddy.

right now if jfm or bernie flips scum. blacky and strike is a little bit higher on the scum list than the rest of us. (just a bit)

That’s hilarious mate... if I had said I vote no lynch and potentially lose 2 guys then I must be scum, if I don’t then fos on me... you make no sense!

Perhaps I am wrong, but I do think that the two who have not yet posted are probably town... my thought process is that when you are scum you are likely to post more, so not wanting to miss an early opportunity they would have posted...
Again, happy to be corrected if I’m wrong

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 pm

blacky365 wrote:Perhaps I am wrong, but I do think that the two who have not yet posted are probably town... my thought process is that when you are scum you are likely to post more, so not wanting to miss an early opportunity they would have posted...
Again, happy to be corrected if I’m wrong

Generally speaking, if you don't post you can't make a mistake nor have pressure placed upon you for the content of your posts. Additionally, depending on the context of the game scum players often have less to gain by posting as they know more either about the setup of the game or the assignment of roles within the setup etc. Some players post more when scum to try to seem like they are actively contributing (though this can sometimes be called out if a player posts often without saying much of substance), some do not for the reasons I have detailed (which likely can be focused on by others).

Specifically though, none of this really applies when players have not posted to the game at all, especially in this game due to the fact it is a post-or-die situation. Nobody can possibly have any incentive (within the context of the game) to die from having not posted, so to try to determine alignment based on whether they are at risk of effectively committing suicide in game is pointless.
Private Pikanchion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives