Conquer Club

D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (Recruitment Full)

Postby Quirk on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 am

If he has a shot at the Kobold leader he will take it. Otherwise, Cheezus will take a shot at one of the Kobolds with crossbows or the best shot he has at a runt.
Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Major Quirk
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (Recruitment Full)

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Quirk wrote:If he has a shot at the Kobold leader he will take it. Otherwise, Cheezus will take a shot at one of the Kobolds with crossbows or the best shot he has at a runt.


[Kobold Leader is not within your line of sight yet, and Kobolds with crossbows and slings have cover behind boulders. The "runts" are in the front line. You may choose to fire at one of the Slinger Kobolds or one of the Runts. Also, you can move forward if you like to get closer. You can move at normal speed, move at running speed and attack with -5 penalty, move double time and not attack, or not move at all and stay put and fire from long range. What do you want to do?

[Here's a 4 Page Character Sheet for Cheezus. It shows all his powers, any questions or complaints, pm me.]

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (Recruitment Full)

Postby Quirk on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Cheezus will fire at the nearest runt and continue moving toward them at normal speed.
Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Major Quirk
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (Recruitment Full)

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Quirk wrote:Cheezus will fire at the nearest runt and continue moving toward them at normal speed.


[Cheezus Longbow Attack+6(-2 Long Range) vs Kobold Minion AC 15:Roll Natural 20 CRITICAL HIT. Maximum Damage for 1d10+Dex Modifier: 10+4=14 HP damage]

DM wrote:As Cheezus watches a group of Kobolds appear from the Forest and out of the Bushes, his only thought is to protect his friends that have hurried off ahead of the rest of the company.

He steps forward a few paces warily and unleashes a shot with his Elven Longbow. His keen eye set on one of the little creatures that have lined up blocking the road.

The arrow flies an incredible distance and sinks deep into the throat of one of the runt sized Kobolds. The creature gurgles and spins around as he dies, spraying his comrades and his Leader in the face with Kobold blood, his body falling to the ground lifeless.

As Gregor Tombs the Half-Orc watches one of the Kobolds get easily slaughtered by the Elf's Longbow, he becomes enraged with the sight of enemy blood. Spurred by the onset of battle, Gregor makes a charging attack at a great speed towards the midst of the closest Kobolds he can find. He jumps over the fallen body of the little creature that Cheezus had just slain, and charges towards the Kobold directly behind it. The Leader of the Kobolds seems surprised of how easily this Half-Orc got behind his first line of defense and he begins barking orders again at the scaly minions.


[Gregor Cleave Attack+9(+1 Charging) vs AC 15:Roll Natural 20 CRITICAL HIT. MAX Damage for 1d10+5=15 HP Damage. Cleave Secondary Adjacent Target for Strength Modifier Damager (+5).]

DM wrote:Gregor rushes into battle, his sprint almost as fast as a war stallion. As he meets his foe he swings his Great Sword and cleaves the little thing completely in half. The Kobold that was standing nearby is suddenly surprised as Gregor's blade passes cleanly through his comrades body and slices the top of his skull off splattering brains and blood all over the battlefield. Gregor's eyes are wide with barbaric fury.

"Little Lizard Thingies! Gregor HATES Little Lizard Thingies!"he roars.


Click image to enlarge.
image


[Firnam is up next]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (Recruitment Full)

Postby slowreactor on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:14 am

slowreactor wrote:I make double-time (I'm gonna trust my speed & agility to avoid getting hurt on my way there)
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (Recruitment Full)

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:10 pm

slowreactor wrote:
slowreactor wrote:I make double-time (I'm gonna trust my speed & agility to avoid getting hurt on my way there)


DM wrote:Firnam races to the aid of his new found friends, meanwhile he wonders if Cackle and Bremm really are flanking the enemy or hiding until the coast is clear. He guesses he has no time to ponder as the little scaly creatures are set at murdering your friends and making off with as much loot as they can.

As Firnam sprints forward, he thinks he might be in range for an attack with his hand crossbow, however, he will also be within range of the little Kobolds. He hopes his friends can hang on until he can jump into the battle.


[Firnam has moved 16 squares in Double Time. I will update the map each time and post it in the most recent post during this battle. Also, I will post each of your character sheets into this thread.]

Click image to enlarge.
image


Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image


[Next Turn is Alastair Plainstrider]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:48 pm

OK I have to sign out for a while - I'm wandering and not taking a computer (laptop not well).

Gorlan will act cautiously, but not in a cowardly way. Feel free to take any actions that accord with this vague description. He also dosn't fully trust anyone, so will be keeping eyes open, especially on the thieves and Urlag and Sheyla.
thedragonsrun.webnode.com
User avatar
Corporal jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:OK I have to sign out for a while - I'm wandering and not taking a computer (laptop not well).

Gorlan will act cautiously, but not in a cowardly way. Feel free to take any actions that accord with this vague description. He also dosn't fully trust anyone, so will be keeping eyes open, especially on the thieves and Urlag and Sheyla.


Okay, bro. I will take your actions for you until you come back.

[Alastair's Turn. I am reposting the current Battle Grid and Alastair's Character Sheet for gaming reference.]

Click image to enlarge.
image


Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:03 am

I'll make a standard move action and then fire my Magic Missile at the rightmost kobold (from my point of view).

Also, point of order, what's the difference between an encounter action (like force orb) versus at will action (like magic missile)?
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:48 am

safariguy5 wrote:I'll make a standard move action and then fire my Magic Missile at the rightmost kobold (from my point of view).

Also, point of order, what's the difference between an encounter action (like force orb) versus at will action (like magic missile)?


[Just a normal move action will not put Alastair in range, he will have to run to a square a little further up. I will give him a -5 penalty for running, but I will go ahead and use your Wand Of Accuracy power that your wizard gets for choosing to master the wand as a magical implement. Your character will also receive a -2 penalty for shooting at a Kobold that is using the Boulders as cover.

The difference between your Encounter Powers and At Will Powers is that Encounter Powers can only be used one time (unless otherwise stated in the power's description) during this encounter, so your Wand Of Accuracy that I am using for you will not be able to be used again until this encounter is over and you take at least a short rest. An At Will Power can be used whenever your turn begins, so you will always have a particular power to use. You can use Magic Missile every turn in combat and will not lose that power. Your Daily Powers can only be used once per day and are replenished after you take an extended rest for at least six hours, also, a Wizard can choose to switch out his daily powers with another one he has in his spellbook. Alastair has Acid Arrow recorded in his SpellBook, but he can only use Flaming Sphere at the moment. Acid Arrow is in your SpellBook and you would have to take an extended rest to swap Flaming Sphere out of your arcane repertoire and replace it with Acid Arrow.
]

DM wrote:Alastair dashes forward and stops beside Cheezus. Alastair pulls out a wand made of polished Silver Oak. Silver Oak is a tree that only grows in the Elvish forests of Warsreach and is often used for magical items...especially for wizard wands.

With a sudden burst of greenish energy, Alastair unleashes a Magic Missile from his wand and hurls it at a Kobold standing just behind a Boulder.

Cheezus is startled a bit by the sudden appearance of the Half-Elven Wizard at his side and the quickness of which he was able to cast a spell, for it takes years of study and mental focus to be able to cast arcane magic. Any other wizard would not have been able to cast a spell that quickly and have any hope of hitting a target...especially from this distance and difficulty, as the target he shoots at is taking cover behind a boulder.


[Alastair casts Magic Missile +4 INT +2 Wand Accuracy Encounter -5 Running Attack -2 Target Covered= -1 Penalty vs Kobold Slinger AC 13: ROLL 14-1=13 HIT]

DM wrote:Alastair lobs his spell and his missile skips across a boulder just as a Kobold stands up to see if he can take a shot with his Crossbow.

"Eeeayeee!"the Kobold screams as it gets hit in the chest by a forceful wallop of magical power.


[Damage 2d4+4 INT:Roll 3+4+4=11 HP damage]

DM wrote:The Kobold is forced to one knee as it holds his chest. Staving off the pain the Kobold gets back into firing position, but now a little leery of what type of trouble he and his partners have gotten themselves into.


Click image to enlarge.
image


[Maximus Burst is next to take actions. Here is his Character Sheet:]

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image

Click image to enlarge.
image
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:57 am

if possible, Maximus will charge at the Kobold in front of him and attack
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Jace22 wrote:if possible, Maximus will charge at the Kobold in front of him and attack
[You didn't declare any power to use this turn, so I have to assume it is a Basic Attack]

DM wrote:Maximus charges at full speed at the closest enemy. As he rushes toward his target, wisps of flame flicker in the air around his head. Maximus carries his Great Sword just over his shoulder, prepared to swing at the end of his charge.


[Maximus Basic Attack+8(+1 for Charge+1for Two Handed Weapon Talent)=+10 vs AC15:Roll 13 Miss ]

DM wrote:As Maximus swings his two handed blade at the nearest target, he is surprised at the speed of the little creature. The Kobold slinks away just shy of having its skull decapitated from its body, and now it seems to be taunting Maximus for his missed swing.

Sheyla stands back beside Mr.Urlag, wishing she had her damned Wytch Shackles off her wrists. She decides to stay behind Mr.Urlag at the moment, as she feels quite vulnerable now that both the party's fighters have left her company, meanwhile the few Kobolds that are using the Boulders for cover ready their crossbows and slings.

The first Kobold with a sling is standing right next to Maximus where he ended his charge. As the little creature does not want to be that close to him, he decides to slink his way around him putting a little distance between Maximus and himself. He also pulls out of his pouch a small object made of clay and proceeds to put it in his sling. He twirls his sling around his head and aims for Maximus from behind. Maximus had not noticed his error as he has misjudged the quickness and cunning maneuvers of his enemies. Maximus now finds himself flanked by the enemy.


[Kobold Slinger +6(+2 Flank)=+8 vs Maximus AC 17:Roll 16+8=24 HIT][Damage 1d6+3=5+3=8 HP Damage, plus additional effect for Stink Pot attack:Maximus must take -2 penalty on his next attack roll (save ends this effect)

DM wrote:The little Kobold hits Maximus hard in his upper shoulders and the clay jar breaks,leaving shards of clay embedded in Maximus' neck. His neck begins to burn with pain as something wet begins to ooze down his wounds. Thinking it is blood, Maximus reaches behind him and checks his neck with his hand. When he looks at his hand, something wet,yellowish, and slimy is splattered on his back now, and then...all of a sudden...a foul stench arises from the goo. So bad is the stench that Maximus begins to feel ill and his stomach begins to heave.

"You little motherfuckers!"Maximus is infuriated,"What in the Dungeons of Kull have you splattered on me!"

The stench is not only nauseous to Maximus' senses, his eyes begin to burn as well. Maximus only wishes the little Kobold with the Stink Pot was a bit closer, otherwise the little thing would have had a flaming fist to the skull. For now, Maximus will have to try to contain the elemental furnace of primordial fire that runs through his Genasi veins.

The next Kobold has a hand crossbow and has just spent a bit of time loading another bolt into it. He peaks out over a boulder and takes careful aim at the wizard that hit him in the chest with that magic spell.

He murmurs something in Draconic that no one can hear, and Alastair can't even make out the words from this distance. The wizard makes a logical guess that the Kobold is probably cursing at him, that would make sense given the current situation.

The Kobold fires a shot at Alastair...


[Kobold Slinger +6 (-2 LongRange)=+4 vs Alastair's AC14:Roll 16+4=20 HIT;Damage 1d6+3:Roll 5+3=8 HP Damage]

DM wrote:The crossbow bolt flies through the air directly for Alastair the Wizard. The wizard's quickness and intelligence has saved him from a certain fatal wound as the Half-Elf dodges quickly out of the way, but the bolt buzzes just underneath Alastair's left arm pit, passing through his wizard robes and leaving a stinging cut on the side of his ribcage.

The next Kobold decides to take a shot at the oncoming Firnam. He quickly loads his sling and spins around his head an let's another clay object fly. It is not an easy shot, but Kobolds are well known for their abilities with a sling.


[KOBOLD Slinger +3 (-2 Penalty Longrange)=+1 vs Firnam's AC16:Roll 7+1=8 MISS]

DM wrote:The clay pot seems to be heading directly at Firnam, but then a gust of wind pulls the projectile off just to the left. The clay pot busts open on a tree stump. An unlucky rabbit is startled and starts to jump away, but is unable to as one of it's hind legs is stuck in some type of sticky goo.

Mr.Urlag yells at the Kobolds,"I want my horses back, you little nasty slimy slugs!" Urlag steps up to meet the Kobold that just threw a Stink Pot on Maximus.


[Mr.Urlag +3 vs Kobold Slinger AC13:Roll 16+3=19 HIT;Damage 1d6+3=6+3=9HP Damage]

DM wrote:Mr.Urlag swings his hammer at the little fiend giving it a good crack on its shoulder. The Kobold squeeks in pain and rubs its bruised shoulder.

Bremm has now decided to follow Cackle out into the forest and disappears into the woods, meanwhile the Kobold Leader screams orders at his soldiers to be on the attack. The group of Kobolds now reconfigure to meet the enemy. The second line of Kobold's surrounds Gregor the Half-Orc who just took out two Kobolds with one monstrous swing of his great sword. They are all armed with little javelins and begin poking at the Half-Orc. The sight of the tiny things ganging up on a massive Half-Orc who stands at least a head taller than any ordinary human would seem funny if it were not for the severity of the situation.


[Kobold Minion Reserves +5 vs Gregor's AC 14:Roll 14,19,& 9;HIT,HIT,MISS. Damage 4, 4=8HP Damage]

DM wrote:Gregor finds himself surrounded by the little lizard thingies and easily dodges the first strike, using his Half-Orcish battle speed, but the other two blows proved to be too much for Gregor to avoid. He receives two javelin strikes that just slip under the padding of his bear hide armor. He gets stuck once in the chest and another one stings him just under the shoulder blade.

The Front Line of Kobolds now moves to attack the party. They choose to surround Maximus while one of them falls back and attacks while throwing a javelin.


[Kobold Front Line Minions +5 vs Maximus AC17:Roll 20,17,16,& 13. Damage 4,4,4,&4=16HP Damage (Maximus is now bloodied and only has 5 HP left)]

DM wrote:Maximus is quickly surrounded by barking Kobolds, each stab at him with their javelins and each is able to get a spear point just under the armor plates of Maximus' scale mail armor. Maximus becomes furious over the attack and his skin bursts into flame. He spins around roaring in anger and swings at the first little monster with the back of his flaming forearm.


[Maximus FirePulse +6 vs Kobold AC15:Roll15 HIT. Damage 1d6+4=7HP Damage]

DM wrote:Maximus' mighty forearm blasts into one of the little Kobolds right into its face, frying its face into an unrecognizable charred mass of scaly flesh. Mr.Urlag can't help but think that the Kobolds face looks like one of those roasted marshmallows that has fallen into the campfire...but the smell of the burning kobold is by far worse. The Kobold's smoldering corpse lies motionless a good ten feet away from where Maximus hit him.

Gorlan moves up and stands just a few feet behind Alastair and begins singing a song to boost his spirits, since the Wizard was now complaining of a stinging wound underneath his armpit. To Alastair's surprise, Gorlan's Bardish song is not only enjoyable to listen to, but it seems to have strengthened his vigor and the pains of his wound immediately begin to disappear!


[Majestic Word, Alastair can spend a Healing surge and add 4 extra HP for Gorlan's Charisma Modifier. HP Healed= 9 HP. Alastair is restored to full health!]

DM wrote:The Kobold Leader makes a high pitched guttural growl and charges into Battle with his Reserve troops who now have Gregor surrounded. The Kobold Leader uses a nasty looking spear to jab at Gregor.


[Kobold Leader Spear Attack +6(+3 Mob Attack)=+9 vs Gregor's AC14:Natural 20 Critical Hit/Maximum damage taken: 8 HP Damage. Gregor is now Bloodied and can add 5 Temporary HP at this time.]

DM wrote:The Kobold Leader slices Gregor's massive shoulder open, and blood begins to run down his arm. Gregor's battle rage begins to invigorate him and he seems to be impervious to the pain of the wound.

Meanwhile, Cackle is no where to be seen.


Click image to enlarge.
image


[Cheezus is next to act]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Cheezus takes a shot at the nearest Kobold and continues moving toward them at normal speed. He would like to shoot at one of the Kobolds attacking Maximus if he has a good shot.
Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Major Quirk
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 am

If Firnam is in range of any Kobolds with a crossbow (not including the one Cheezus is targeting if it dies from the attack) he uses Sly Flourish on it with the crossbow. Otherwise, he keeps moving until he can.
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 am

I'll move forward and fire a magic missile at a kobold flanking Gregor if I'm in range. Otherwise, I'll fire a magic missile at one of the kobolds around Maximus.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 am

Quirk wrote:Cheezus takes a shot at the nearest Kobold and continues moving toward them at normal speed. He would like to shoot at one of the Kobolds attacking Maximus if he has a good shot.


DM wrote:Cheezus moves forward and knocks another feathered arrow from his quiver on his side. He sees Maximus just ahead surrounded by scaly little beasts, one of which is preparing to hurl another object from its sling.

"If I don't hit that creature, Maximus is done for!"Cheezus speaks towards Alastair as he moves forward with legendary Elfish fleet-footedness and fires a shot at the Kobold twirling a sling.


[Note to Quirk: Before you left Winterhaven, Sheyla gave you her father's boots as they were of Elven-make and thought it would be best if an actual Elf used them. Once per Encounter an Elf can gain Forest Walk ability (that is you may move through any Forest terrain at normal speed) and you also get a +2 bonus to Stealth Checks. This ability will last until the end of your next turn.]

[Cheezus Longbow Basic Attack +6 Normal Range vs Kobold Slinger AC 13:Roll 18 HIT. Damage 1d10 +4:8 HP Damage.]

DM wrote:The little creature is hit by Cheezus' Longbow attack, the arrow piercing cleanly through its hip. The creature cries in pain as blood begins to paint the ground red beneath it. The Kobold grasps the wound and snarls with a labored breath.

Meanwhile, Gregor finds himself surrounded by Kobolds and decides to swing with all his Half-Orcish might at the Leader who was the last Kobold to strike him.

"You Little Lizard Thingies will all give blood to Death Wish!"Gregor yells as he holds out his sword and challenges the Leader openly.

Gregor swings his Great Sword at the Kobold Leader...


[Gregor Spinning Sweep with Furious Assault +9 vs Kobold Leader AC 15:Roll 21 HIT. Damage 1d10+5 (+1 Two Handed Weapon + 1d10 Furious Assault Damage)=18 HP Damage and Kobold Leader is knocked prone to the ground.]

DM wrote:Gregor spins around using centrifugal force to cause as much damage an havoc as possible. The tip of his blade just cuts a fine line across the Leader's hide breast plate causing him to lose balance. The Kobold trips over his own feet as he is surprised by the furious assault the Half-Orc just unleashed. The little creature is starting to think twice about this battle, as it seems his soldiers are starting to lose the upper hand.


slowreactor wrote:If Firnam is in range of any Kobolds with a crossbow (not including the one Cheezus is targeting if it dies from the attack) he uses Sly Flourish on it with the crossbow. Otherwise, he keeps moving until he can.


DM wrote:Firnam walks forward loading another crossbow bolt into his hand crossbow. He steps beside Sheyla and says,"Excuse me miss, but what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

He then steps forward to block any missile attacks from any Kobolds hiding in the Boulders. He sees a little creature just behind a Boulder with a nifty little hand crossbow just like the one Firnam is using. Firnam quickly points and shoots at the first opportunity he sees...


[Firnam Sly Flourish Attack with Hand Crossbow +6 (-2 penalty Cover)=+4 vs Kobold SLinger AC13:Roll 21 HIT. Damage 1d6+4+3Charisma (1d6+7)=10 HP Damage.]

DM wrote:As Firnam Steps away from Sheyla, he does a flirtatious spinning maneuver that not only impresses Sheyla but the Kobold behind the Boulder notices as well. Firnam points and fires. The Kobolds eyes open wide as a crossbow bolt hits him deep in his breast, just missing vital organs but causing a bit of uncomfortable pain.


safariguy5 wrote:I'll move forward and fire a magic missile at a kobold flanking Gregor if I'm in range. Otherwise, I'll fire a magic missile at one of the kobolds around Maximus.


DM wrote:Alastair sees the dire predicament the two mercenary soldiers are in and decides to move forward to cast a spell more effective out in the open where no little monsters can hide behind boulders and bushes. Alastair takes special mental focus at one of the Kobolds just ahead. The little creature is preparing to stab Gregor again with it's little spear.

Alastair points his wand and recites the proper incantation that draws energy from the enveloping lines of arcane power that weaves through the cosmos. The tip of Alastair's wand glows green as a bolt of magical energy shoots towards his target...


[Alastair's Magic Missile +4 vs Kobold Minion Reflex 13:Roll 14 HIT. Damage 2d4+4= 8 HP Damage.]

DM wrote:Just as the little thing was about to stab Gregor deep into his spinal cord, a sudden burst of energy explodes just behind the Kobold's skull, breaking its neck and killing it instantly.

"Wizard's no like little lizard thingies either!"Gregor spits at the corpse of the dead Kobold and gives it a kick.


Click image to enlarge.
image


[Maximus' Turn up next.]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 pm

as Maximus is getting low on HP, he will use second wind to recover some of his strength after taking a 5 ft step back
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Jace22 wrote:as Maximus is getting low on HP, he will use second wind to recover some of his strength after taking a 5 ft step back


DM wrote:Maximus is leaning on his Great Sword to catch his breath, he decides to step back a few feet to give himself a quick breather and gather his strength. The primordial surge that unleashed itself from his veins has also invigorated his resolve.


[Maximus spends a Healing Surge and increases his Defenses by +2 until the start of his next turn. Also, Maximus has the Primordial Surge Heroic Feat which gives Maximus 9 Temporary HP. Maximus' HP total is now 12 (9). Any damage to Maximus will be taken from his Temp HP total first.]

Click image to enlarge.
image


[Okay, Sheyla is up next and after her there are 8 more NPC's and Monsters I need to come up with actions for. I will post those actions and updated Battle Grid later on this evening, Hope everyone is having a Spectacular 4th of July!]

[Oh yeah, Maximus gets to make a Saving Throw vs the Stink Pot:Roll 3 FAIL. Maximus is still effected by the rotten fumes of the Kobold Stink Pot.]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Great job DMing btw, the picture is very helpful.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 pm

DM wrote:Sheyla decides to move up to help her friend Maximus. She is wearing leather armor (although for as much skin as she is showing, you wouldn't think she was wearing armor at all!) and jumps into battle twirling a spear.

Growing up with a father who is both a (former) Wytch Lord of Githar and a Taborian War Wytch of Hellsblade had its benefits. Not only was Sheyla trained in the darker arts of the arcane and introduced to mysterious powers that were once long forgotten, but she was also trained fairly well for combat when needed. Givran taught his daughter first how to fight with a staff effectively which lead to her being able to wield a spear with deadly accuracy.

~If I only had the use of my magic powers, I could end this fight quickly!~she thinks to herself, angry over the shackles that keep her from using her Warlock powers.

She twirls the spear around her body and seems to dance to the rhythm of the slicing of the air around her. When she comes to the end of her dance, she brings the spear in low from a crouching maneuver and strikes at the scaly creature...


[Sheyla Spear Attack+4 vs Kobold AC15:Roll 13 MISS]

DM wrote:The Kobold dodges Sheyla's spear strike and says something that Sheyla cannot understand.

Meanwhile, the three Kobolds that have slings and a crossbow begin to reload their weapons and choose their targets.

The first Kobold has moved back behind the Boulders with the others and he has said something to the other Kobolds in a barking, chirping, guttural language. The other Kobolds nod their heads and they all look towards Maximus...


[Kobolds +6 vs Maximus' AC17(+2 for using Second Wind):Roll 15, 14, 22 MISS, MISS, HIT. Damage FirePot 1d6 and ongoing 2 fire damage, save ends: 4 HP Damage +2 ongoing fire damage, Maximus has Fire Resistance 5, so ongoing damage is only 1 HP. Maximus takes a total of 5 HP Damage.]

DM wrote:The First Kobold hurls a clay pot that bursts on the ground a couple feet away from Maximus. The clay pot bursts open and flames spread out from some type of slimy, flammable goo. The Second Kobold just whizzes a crossbow Bolt over Maximus' shoulder, but the Third Kobold hits Maximus directly in the chest with a clay Fire Pot. The pot bursts into flames and a few pieces of pot cut Maximus' face, but the flames do little damage to a Fire Soul Genasi who has traveled to this world from the City of Brass.

"Foolish little sons of a Wyvern's arse! I am Genasi! I breath fire!"Maximus taunts his enemies, but his enemies look quizzically at one another as if they didn't understand a word that the Genasi was saying to them.

Mr.Urlag says,"Maximus, let's don't waste words on such dull witted foes!"

Mr.Urlag steps forward and faces one of the Kobolds with a sling, he makes sure he stands between him and Maximus to give the fighter a bit more breathing time.

"Ah HAH! You little filthy worms! Feel the pain of my Urlag Hammer!"Mr.Urlag swings his hammer at the Kobold.


[Mr.Urlag +3 vs AC 13:Roll 19 HIT. Damage 1d6+3=8 Hp Damage]

DM wrote:Mr.Urlag brings his hammer in from on high, and a sickening thud can be heard by most of the party as if someone just dropped a heavy melon from the top of a castle wall. The sound of bone cracking makes Sheyla cringe, and the rest of the Kobold artillery unit is splatterd with brains and blood from Urlag's hammer.

"Hah! Take that you sniveling snakes!"Urlag taunts his enemies with the meanest look Maximus has ever seen on any human in his entire life.

As for Bremm the Big (as everyone has begun to call him in the party) he has disappeared along with Cackle into the forest. Cackle said they would out flank them, but they are yet to appear in the battle, and most of the party has assumed that he has either run away or is hiding.

"I suppose Cackle will come up with some excuse as to why he was unable to help us. He makes me so fuckin' mad!"Sheyla states angrily.

As Sheyla makes her statement the rest of the Kobolds begin their next offensive on the party members.

One of the Kobolds shifts his position where Urlag had just killed on of the Slinger Kobolds. It has out flanked Urlag and is gaining combat advantage against him. The other Kobold attacks Maximus again. The Kobold soldiers try to protect their leader by ganging up on Gregor.


[Kobold +5 vs Urlag AC15:Roll 16 HIT/Damage 4. Kobold +5 vs Maximus AC17+2:Roll 23 HIT/Damage 4 (Temp HP is all used up). Kobold +5 vs Gregor AC14:Roll 19, 20, 16 HIT, HIT, HIT/Damage 12HP. (FYI:Gregor now has 6 HP Left)]

DM wrote:The first runt hits Urlag with a quick jab of his spear point, answering to the death of his former comrade. Urlag takes a spear wound to his left thigh, gritting his teeth through the pain. The other little runt stabs at Maximus' large right shoulder, leaving a nice puncture wound and exhausting any signs of vigor he recently had. The other two Kobold soldiers that have Gregor flanked, have both put a spear into his chest and another that has cut into his shoulder blade. As Gregor tries to ward off the pain of the attacks, a javelin comes lofting into the melee and strikes deep into his left shoulder. Gregor roars in pain, and rips the Kobold spear from his shoulder and blood rains on the ground. The Half-Orc has seen many battles, but this little lizard thingies are the sneakiest opponents he has ever met in combat.

Gorlan decides that it is time that he help a bit in the melee that is ensuing just ahead. He runs as fast as he can and takes up position just behind Firnam.

"Ah, my boy! Do you need a little help from an old poet?"Gorlan teases as he draws his longsword in his right hand while holding his wand in his left.

"Well, you could start by singing that song about that Old Drunk...do you know that one?"Firnam asks.

"Do I know that one? Do I know THAT one? Hah! Every street bard in the Six Kingdoms knows that song, shadow boy!"Gorlan brags, and then starts to sing a very popular pub tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=3KI6g01 ... re=related

As Gorlan strikes up a tune to drive up morale of his party, the Leader of the Kobolds strikes a blow at Gregor...


[Kobold Leader +8 vs Gregor AC14:Roll 16 HIT/Damage 1d8 + 1d6 combat advantage=6 HP]

DM wrote:As Gregor stands terribly wounded by the mob of Kobolds that have been surrounding him for the past ten minutes and as he is startled by the javelin that has impaled itself into his shoulder, the Kobold Leader surges forward from its prone position on the ground with his own spear and drives the tip deep into Gregor's thigh. Gregor collapses in unbearable pain and strikes his head on a rock. Gregor now lies unconscious on the ground as the Leader of the Kobold soldiers begins to boost morale. His life's blood is spilling upon the ground.

As the Leader laughs a strange Kobold raspy laugh at his triumph over the Half-Orc Barbarian, he doesn't notice that someone has sneaked up in the bushes behind him...


Click image to enlarge.
image


Click image to enlarge.
image


Click image to enlarge.
image


[Cackle Shuriken Probing Strike Sneak Attack +10 vs Leader Kobold AC15:Roll 20 HIT/Damage 1d6+2d6+5+2=19 HP Damage]

DM wrote:From the Bushes and the shadows of its foilage, a silvery blade reflects sunlight as it flies at the laughing Kobold leader. As the Kobold laughs at the Half-Orc he has just defeated, he turns around as a flying blade strikes him directly between the eyes. The point of Cackle's Shuriken buries itself deep into the Kobold Leaders brain pan and it falls to the ground in a death quiver. The sight of their leader now defeated, the other Kobold's begin to flee the battle field.


Click image to enlarge.
image




[The battle is not quite over (only if your character wants it to be), as you all may attack the fleeing Kobolds if you so choose, otherwise you may let them go...you have all fought well and deserve your rest. So just state whether or not you want to attack any fleeing Kobolds or not.]
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm

I would rather not be ambushed by these bastards up the road.


Cheezus takes a shot at the nearest kobold and continues moving at normal speed.
Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Major Quirk
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:09 pm

I'll move up and fire a force orb at one of the kobold's around Gregor.

(Draconic) Away from here you who remain, consider yourselves to have your lives spared!
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 am

Maximus takes 1 shot at the kobold in front of him before walking back to the wagon
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Well, since the enemies are fleeing, then might as well use unbalancing shot on the fleeing Kobolds.
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 pm

DM wrote:As Cackle moves in to take out another target, Cheezus moves up and fires a shot from his Elven Longbow...

[Cheezus +6-2=+4 vs Kobold AC 13:ROLL 11+4=13 HIT/Damage 1d10+4=6]
DM wrote:Cheezus unleashes an arrow from his bow and it just glances off the boulder and strikes a kobold in the forehead as he was peering over for another sneak attack on the company.

Gregor lies on the ground as two kobolds prepare to retreat from the battlefield, one Kobold pulls out a small dagger and looks like it is about to put Gregor out for good when he suddenly stops when it hears a voice speaking a language it can understand.

"Away from here you who remain, consider yourselves to have your lives spared!" calls out the Half-Elf Wizard, as Firnam takes another shot at one of the Kobolds that has begun to run away. He levels his hand crossbow at the Kobold who was shooting another hand crossbow earlier. Now that the creature is retreating, Firnam finds he has advantage in attacking the little beast.


[Firnam Unbalancing Shot +6 (+2 combat advantage) vs Kobold AC 13=Roll 13 HIT/Damage 2d6+4 (2d6 Sneak Attack)=16 HP Damage ]

DM wrote:The little Kobold is shot directly through the throat as he starts to run away. It gurgles and spits blood and finally falls down face first onto the ground. It is dead with its crossbow by its side.

As two Kobolds retreat from Gregor (who is helpless on the ground and near death) on of them pulls out a dagger and is about to stab Gregor while he lays defeated.

Alastair sees the danger and immediately waves his wizard's wand and begins a chant.

Suddenly, a bluish orb shoots from his wand...


[Alastair's Force Orb spell +4+2 vs Kobold 15: ROLL 15 HIT/Damage 2d8+4=11 HP damage]

DM wrote:The small scaly creature is about to slice Gregor's throat when it is hit by the bluish orb that Alastair fired from his wand. The little Kobold is blown high into the air and smacks the ground with a thud. It lies in a quivering mass of bloodied flesh and broken bones.

Maximus swings his two handed sword at a Kobold he is trying to runaway...


[Maximus Basic Attack Great Sword +8+2 vs Kobold AC15=ROLL 13 Miss]

DM wrote:Maximus' mighty swing catches nothing but air as the Kobold moves away in all haste.

From out of the Bushes, Cackle springs upon a Kobold that was throwing spears at Gregor. Cackle lunges at the Kobold with his short sword and runs it through. A gasp of air leaves the Kobold's lungs as Cackle twists the blade to do maximum damage. The Kobold falls to the ground...lifeless. Cackle quickly checks its body for treasure


[From the bodies of the dead, the company recovers a total of 20 Copper Pieces, 3 Kobold sized javelins, 4 daggers, 2 Slings, 1 Hand Crossbow, and 4 clay pots. Two Pots have Stinky Stuff while the other two pots have Sticky Goo. You can all split this items up as you see fit. ]

[Ok, the Kobolds have all ran away from the Battle. Each Player receives 100 XP at this point, and your party can either rest a few minutes and take healing surges, or they can rest for six hours and restore all powers and HP. Up to you guys.]
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users