Conquer Club

Movie quote retort game

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Movie quote retort game

Postby Captain_Scarlet on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:37 am

Bill and Ted are in Ancient Greece

Bill: [approaching Socrates] How's it going? I'm Bill, this is Ted. We're from the future.
Socrates: Socrates.
Ted: Now what?
Bill: I dunno. Philosophize with him!
Ted: "All we are is dust in the wind," dude.
[Socrates gives them a blank stare]
Bill: [scoops up a pile of dust from the basin before them and lets it run out of his hand] Dust.
[he blows the remainder away]
Bill: Wind.
Ted: [points at Socrates] Dude.
[Socrates gasps]

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Sergeant 1st Class Captain_Scarlet

Postby StiffMittens on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:06 am

DUDE: Look, I've got certain information, certain things have come to light, and uh, has it ever occurred to you, man, that given the nature of all this new shit, that, uh, instead of running around blaming me, that this whole thing might just be, not, you know, not just such a simple, but uh--you know?

LEBOWSKI: What in God's holy name are you blathering about?

--
The Big Lebowski
Sergeant StiffMittens

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Nick Charles: The murderer is right in this room. Sitting at this table. You may serve the fish.

The Thin Man
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:24 am

" If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. See, your murderers come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help."

Goodfellas
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:01 am

Andy: You must choose, Sheriff Woody. How shall she die? Shark, or death by monkeys?
Toy Story 2
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:02 am

Quint: [seeing Hooper's equipment] What are you? Some kind of half-assed astronaut?
[examining the shark cage]
Quint: Jesus H Christ, when I was a boy, every little squirt wanted to be a harpooner or a sword fisherman. What d'ya have there - a portable shower or a monkey cage?
Hooper: Anti-Shark cage.
Quint: Anti-shark cage. You go inside the cage?
[Hooper nods]

Jaws
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Barter Town Crowd: Two men enter, one man leave!

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Major Sackett58

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Tinker: Up the airy mountain, down the rushy glen, we daren't go a hunting, for fear of little men. You see, nobody ever goes in... and nobody ever comes out.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Maj. Geoffrey Vickers: [Addressing the Light Brigade prior to the attack] Surat Khan is on the field with the opposing Russian forces. The same Surat Khan who massacred the women and children of Chukoti. Our chance has come! Show no mercy! Let no power on Earth stop you! Prove to the world that no man could kill women and children and live to boast of it! Men of the Twenty-seventh. our objective is Surat Khan! Forward!

The Charge of the Light Brigade
Major Sackett58

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

Monty Python & the Holy Grail.
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby Captain_Scarlet on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Robin. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Captain_Scarlet wrote:
Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Robin. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...

Sir Robin: That's, uh, that's enough music for now, lads... looks like there's dirty work afoot.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:49 pm

My God !!!

These "Equestrian Types" are everywhere now !
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:53 pm

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K."

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby Captain_Scarlet on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 am

"There exists a real danger that our friend Rommel is becoming a kind of magician or bogeyman to our troops, who are talking far too much about him. He is by no means a superman, although he is undoubtedly very energetic and able. Even if he were a superman, it would still be highly undesirable that our men should credit him with supernatural powers. I wish you to dispel by all possible means the idea that Rommel represents something more than an ordinary German general. Please ensure that this order is put into immediate effect, and impress upon all commanders, that from the psychological point of view, it is a matter of the highest importance. Signed, C.J. Auchinleck, General, Commander-In-Chief, M.E.F."

The Desert Fox

Postby Martin Ronne on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:35 am

Captain_Scarlet wrote:
"There exists a real danger that our friend Rommel is becoming a kind of magician or bogeyman to our troops, who are talking far too much about him. He is by no means a superman, although he is undoubtedly very energetic and able. Even if he were a superman, it would still be highly undesirable that our men should credit him with supernatural powers. I wish you to dispel by all possible means the idea that Rommel represents something more than an ordinary German general. Please ensure that this order is put into immediate effect, and impress upon all commanders, that from the psychological point of view, it is a matter of the highest importance. Signed, C.J. Auchinleck, General, Commander-In-Chief, M.E.F."

The Desert Fox

NU UH!!!!!!!!!!!

One of those little brats from The Emperors New Groove.
Major Martin Ronne

Postby Captain_Scarlet on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:45 am

"Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life. Never spare
yourself, and let the troops see that you don't in your endurance of fatigue
and privation. Always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your
subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of
voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to
hide."

- Field Marshall Erwin Rommel - The Desert Fox

Postby Sackett58 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:59 am

Brigadier General Lewis A. Armistead: The last time I saw Winn he played that song. That very song. Back in California, we were all together for the last time. Before we broke up. Spring of '61. Almyra Hancock. You remember Almyra, Hancock's wife? Beautiful woman. Most perfect woman I ever saw. They were a beautiful couple. Beautiful. Garnett was with me that night. A lot of fellows from the old outfit. People standing around singing in the blue uniform. We were leaving the next day. Some going north, some going south. Splitting up. A soldier's farewell. "Goodbye." "Good luck." "I'll see you in hell." Do you remember that? Towards the end of the evening, we all sat around the piano. And Myra played that song there, that was the one she played. Maybe for years, maybe forever, I'll never forget that. You know how it was, Pete. Winn was like a brother to me. Remember? Towards the end of the evening, things got a little rough. We both began to... well, there were a lot of tears. I went over to Hancock. I took him by the shoulder. I said, "Winn, so help me, if I ever raise my hand against you, may God strike me dead." Ain't seen him since. He was at Malverne Hill, White Oak Swamp, Sharpsburg, Fredericksburg. One of these days, I will see him, I'm afraid. Across that small, deadly space. I thought about sitting this one out. But I can't do that. That wouldn't be right either. I guess not. Thank you, Peter. I had to talk about that.

Gettysburg
Major Sackett58

Postby pancakemix on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Colonel Robert G. Shaw: Good morning gentlemen, I am Colonel Robert Gould Shaw. I am your commanding officer. It is a great pleasure to see you all here today. It is my hope that the same courage, spirit, and honor, which has brought us together, will one day restore this Union. May God bless us all.

Glory
Epic Win

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Patton: What's the matter with you?
Soldier Who Gets Slapped: Well, I... I guess I... I can't take it anymore.
Patton: What did you say?
Soldier Who Gets Slapped: It's my nerves, sir. I... I just can't stand the shelling anymore.
Patton: Your *nerves*? Well, hell, you're nothing but a God-damned coward.
[Soldier start sniveling]
Patton: Shut up!
[Slaps him, once forehanded, then backhanded on the rebound]
Patton: I'm not going to have a man sitting here *crying*! In front of these brave men who have been wounded in battle!
[Soldier snivels some more, and Patton swings a vicious forehand slap, knocking his helmet away]
Patton: *Shut up!*
[to the doctors]
Patton: Don't admit this yellow bastard. There's nothing wrong with him. I won't have a man who's just afraid to fight *stinking up this place of honor!* You will get him back up to the front.
[to soldier]
Patton: You're going back to the front, boy. You may get shot, and you may get killed, but you're going back to the fighting. Either that, or I'll stand you up before a firing squad. Why, I ought to shoot you right now, you...
[pulls his service automatic. At that, the doctors leap forward and hustle the soldier out of the tent. Patton keeps shouting at the soldier's back]
Patton: God-damned bastard! Get him out of here! Take him back to the *front! You hear me? You God-damned coward!*
[Takes deep breath]
Patton: I won't have cowards in my army.
Major Sackett58

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Jennings: I'll say this for the old man: He's got guts.
Shears: Into the Valley of Death rode the 600.
Jennings: How's that, sir?
Shears: That kind of guts. Also the kind they had in 1914 when your officers went over the top with nothing but a swagger stick.
Jennings: I see what you mean.
Shears: You don't see what I mean at all! The kind of guts that can get us all killed.

The Bridge on the River Kwai
Epic Win

Postby Sackett58 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 am

Vice Adm. Chuichi Nagumo: They sacrifice themselves like Samurai, these Americans.

Midway
Major Sackett58

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:15 pm

"The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong -
The Way of the Samurai deals with death. "

Ghostdog:The Way of The Samurai
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby BoganGod on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Death is just the beginning......

If you all don't know where that came from you! I will have to cry
Corporal BoganGod

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:22 pm

"I'm leaving - Took corpse"
Private MrPanzerGeneral