Number of Territories: 86
Special Features:Conquest gameplay, I suppose.
Several of you will be familiar with my previous attempt at making this map:
I completed overhauled the gameplay several times, to the point where it was changing so much that it didn't really belong in the main foundry workshop. I tried having simple gameplay, and I tried having complicated gameplay with lots of different bonuses. Some versions had more than 100 regions, and I was never happy with any version, and that was reflected in the multiple 'revamps'.
However, I've got a good feeling about this one.
The graphics will be noticeably different to anybody who ever saw the other read, thought a few elements are recycled.
(I'll no doubt trim some space off around the edges before long. I don't want it to be too cramped, and I've left space for the backstory, legend, and anything else which may appear).
SAFE REGIONS: are the starting positions
BONUS REGIONS: are bonus regions, start neutral
INTERMEDIATE REGIONS: also start neutral
The more important parts, bulleted for your enjoyment and ease of reading comprehension:
- Those circles and lines are quite obviously placeholders, waiting for me to design a suitable icon for each territory type/connector.
- The gameplay is based on simple aspects...(check out the legend complexity in this version for comparison).
- However, it's designed to be interesting (look what happened when I tried to make each region balanced and imagine how crap games on that map would be).
- Crucially, there are 16 starting positions. Even in an 8 player game, each player has 2 start regions, giving him/her a choice of strategy every time.
- Now is the time for suggesting structural changes. If there's a starting region which is too advantaged/disadvantaged, that needs pointing out.
That's about it; I look forward to reading your comments.