Conquer Club

Vomit 2.1+ The Return Of Impassable Corn

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Vomit 2.1+ The Return Of Impassable Corn

Postby Vace Cooper on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Map Name:Vomit 2.1+
Mapmaker(s):Vace Cooper (artist) owenshooter (emotional support)
Number of Territories:??
Special Features:No bonuses!/Impassable corn/optional drinking game mode!
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:Playing in a pile of vomit.

Well dudes... Im back with my second attempt at the vomit map! this time packed with special features! personally, I love knockin back a few cold ones while conquering... why not have my cake and eat it too! So what do ya think?? I am open to suggestions! Keep in mind this is just a sketch. I know it may look like finished product, but I am working with it in gimp. UPDATE SOON!!

owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Re: Vomit 2.1+ The Return Of Impassable Corn

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Sorry but it won't fly the second time around either! :sick:
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:47 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Sorry but it won't fly the second time around either! :sick:

But the chunks will!
You're welcome. :D

On topic - why not?
This would be a fun map to play quads on - or speed fs. :lol:
(It's like Doodle, is what I'm trying to say)

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:23 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:On topic - why not?

This is humour at its most crass. As a joke map, the joke would ware off after about a week. No one would find it funny after that and no one will play it then either. The only thing this map would do is open the door to other maps like poo, bums and boobs. Do we want a site that is known for the one with maps of vomit, shit and nudity?

sempaispellcheck wrote:This would be a fun map to play quads on - or speed fs. :lol:

Then the map can be made but with a different concept.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby grifftron on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 am

It looks like the "king fruit" durian.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby owenshooter on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:45 pm

all i know is, this man has invented the greatest drinking BOARD GAME known to man, and i hope that finds its way to the foundry too... i liked the original vomit map idea, i'd like to see some further graphics@!! the impassable corn is THE BOMB@@- the black jesus is amused...-el Jesus negro

p.s.-i hope it's ok that i posted this... coop sent it to me to look at...
p.p.s.-coop is a visionary.. he had a space map that was deemed "too small" and having "too childish" looking graphics... totally rejected... next thing you know, a small map called Doodle Earth became the hot thing on CC... Coops space map was 50 times better!!! stop hating on a genius, FOUNDRY~!!!

Vace Cooper wrote:Image
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Robinette on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:16 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:On topic - why not?

This is humour at its most crass. As a joke map, the joke would ware off after about a week. No one would find it funny after that and no one will play it then either. The only thing this map would do is open the door to other maps like poo, bums and boobs. Do we want a site that is known for the one with maps of vomit, shit and nudity?

sempaispellcheck wrote:This would be a fun map to play quads on - or speed fs. :lol:

Then the map can be made but with a different concept.

well,,, i will add that it kinda made me smile...
not that i EVER want to drink and puke, really not my idea of a good time,
but it sure is funny to watch others drink too much.

But alas... this isn't really about drinking, any more than other maps are about killing...
So i say let freedom ring, let it take it's course...
My bet is that it would NOT be the least played map by far.
As long as the graphics are good, i'd play it... i already know the gameplay would rock.

well, that's my 2 cents worth...

Robinette
Brigadier Robinette

Postby squishyg on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:43 pm

This map has so much potential! It would make an excellent New Year's Eve map and has limitless potential for a speed tourney on St. Patrick's Day.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby owenshooter on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:30 am

koontz1973 wrote: Do we want a site that is known for the one with maps of vomit, shit and nudity?

nah... the killing of people is enough to be known for... *eyes rolling*... morality popping up on a site about strategy and war is kind of funny... so, it is ok to KILL PEOPLE, but not to vomit... i get it... the black jesus is amused...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Vace Cooper on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:40 am

I would be honored if this site was known for my vomit map... Thanks for the compliment!, but I'm more looking for suggestions on maybe how much corn (corn size?), if you like the no bonus thing or not, background, stuff like that. I am currently working on territories. I will keep the foundry informed with my progress.
-Vace
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby BoganGod on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:46 am

Please update on a regular basis. Some reference to maize would be great. Am going out on a limb here, assuming the corn is not that mushy, easily digested, namby pamby sweet corn pig swill.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:24 am

The only way this map will get made is if the owner allows it. As much as I know bigWham, I'm pretty sure that it won't be allowed on the site. e.g. the only reason the Cow map was allowed was because lackattack wanted it.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Keefie on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:33 am

What, no diced carrots, there's always diced carrots :shock: :lol:
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby owenshooter on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:00 pm

isaiah40 wrote:The only way this map will get made is if the owner allows it. As much as I know bigWham, I'm pretty sure that it won't be allowed on the site. e.g. the only reason the Cow map was allowed was because lackattack wanted it.

completely disagree... the cow map is great.. you can buy board games here in texas that have cuts of meat on them, just like the CC map... sooo, maybe your regional bias made you think a cow map was weird, but here in texas, it is a normal sort of board game... expand your horizons, open your mind, stop being so obtuse... the black jesus has spoken...-el jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby squishyg on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 am

If maize is referenced this would also make a great Thanksgiving map.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:00 am

No vomit map.
It will never happen.
This is the final say.

P.s. About the space map Owen is talking about....i think it was before my time here.
Please point me there (if possible) and i'll be glad to guide and help Vace in producing it. :)

P.p.s perhaps this one? viewtopic.php?f=63&t=20458&start=75&view=viewpoll
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 am

Hmmmm... A revolting theme... 18 territories ... no continents ... lack of any interesting gameplay ... this map really has nothing going for it.

I have in the past proposed a sushi themed map and a fast food themed one and been shot down not only by the site admins but also by the players when I put it up for vote in a poll to gauge interest. Looking back I totally agree with them now.

What about taking the energy you used in formulating this idea and coming up with another fun drinking themed map ... maybe a "99 bottles of beer" based map that was fun and had some unique gameplay elements. And 99 territories with 12 players would be a good player to territory ratio.

Don't give up on map ideas... just give up on this one.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby owenshooter on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:51 am

dolomite13 wrote:Hmmmm... A revolting theme... 18 territories ... no continents ... lack of any interesting gameplay ... this map really has nothing going for it.

I have in the past proposed a sushi themed map and a fast food themed one and been shot down not only by the site admins but also by the players when I put it up for vote in a poll to gauge interest. Looking back I totally agree with them now.

What about taking the energy you used in formulating this idea and coming up with another fun drinking themed map ... maybe a "99 bottles of beer" based map that was fun and had some unique gameplay elements. And 99 territories with 12 players would be a good player to territory ratio.

Don't give up on map ideas... just give up on this one.

=D13=

so, so, oh so wrong... your ideas straight up sucked in a super sized and stinky fish way... this map is fresh and cool... plus, small maps are en vogue with 1v1 being one of the only things still going on this site... cooper's original idea had many elements that other maps never had, UNTIL THEY STOLE THEM FROM THE ORIGINAL VOMIT MAP!! i think it is still fresh and ground breaking. people complained about it's cartoonish look, then someone stole that for doodle earth... enough is enough... this map is a golden idea and cooper should be allowed to move forward with it, just so we can see where this mad genius/bandit is going with this whole thing!!! he is the frank zappa of the map world!!! the george clinton of the CC all stars!!! let him build! let him build! let him build!-Jésus noir

LET HIM BUILD!!!
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Keefie wrote:What, no diced carrots, there's always diced carrots :shock: :lol:

yeah, i think he is looking at some Jackson Pollock hues for those carrots... should get an update soon...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas