Conquer Club

Stock exchange

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Stock exchange

Postby dakky21 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Map Name: Stock exchange/market
Mapmaker(s): me
Number of Territories: not sure yet
Special Features: not sure yet, but a lot of it (conditional borders for example)
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: learning world's geography?

This is just a thought, let's see if I should try to draw a draft.
The idea is this:

A global map with earth minerals on it - everyone would start with one mine of each resource, but the diamond mine would have more troops autodeploy, and iron would have less. There would be a central exchange where you can buy shares (attack) your competitors and threfore get more money (troops) allowing you to become next king of diamonds. So no direct attackings from mine to mine, everything would go through the central exchange, in example: you must attack gold to be able to attack gold mines, but only those which are neutral (if that is possible). Holding majority of the gold mines allows you to attack the rest of them and create a monopol. After that, you'd be able to expand your business to any of the other minerals in the same way. Player would be kicked out of the game (not literally) when they don't control any mine.

so pl1 can attack gold and after that he can attack gold mine 1
pl2 can go after pl1 and go for gold, but he can't attack gold mine 1, only other neutrals (don't believe this is possible?)
pl1 plays again and goes again for the gold, takes more mines to have majority (ie. 11/20) and can attack pl2 mines
pl1 can also attack iron and go for the iron mine, but that strategy may or may not be valuable

Thats so much for the map mechanics, tell me if that will work and I'll start to draw a map. And ideas are welcome!
Captain dakky21

Re: Stock exchange

Postby Assassin07 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Sounds like a idea I say try to do it ..will it only be mines or will there be normal territories as well?
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby dakky21 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:20 pm

The general idea is to have only mines & oil rigs, and to attack each other through the central exchange... but I'll think this over again.
Captain dakky21

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:59 pm

what about natural gas?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby waauw on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:27 pm

A map based on natural resources is not a bad idea, but I think a world map is a bit over the top. As shown by your map, most resources are often grouped together in certain areas of the world. This is especially the case if you start focusing on certain resources in specific. It could turn out to be too crowdy in a lot of places. I'd think a more local map of a more specific area in the world might be more adequate.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:08 am

Cool!
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:40 pm

I think your central exchange idea is cool, but I don't think its currently possible to implement.

Back in my foundry days, I toyed with a similar map idea, but it also used shipping routes to connect the various resource centers.

Instead of focusing just on minerals, I recommend incorporating some other resources like timber and cash crops (tobacco, wheat, rice, etc). You could have various groups like precious minerals (for gold, silver, diamond), fossil fuels (for oil and coal), industrial metals (iron, copper, lead), and timber and crops. Maybe a special one for radioactive elements.

I also think it would be cool if the bonuses degraded somehow to reflect that you can't just mine a resource forever. Each time you benefit from it, it should decrease. This could be accomplished with a simple decay on those regions. (Like hold all = -1 decay on each of those regions).

If you used shipping routes instead of a central exchange, you could also add in pirates (one way attack select routes).
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas