Conquer Club

Linux OS/Tux Map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Linux OS/Tux Map

Postby mattastrophe on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:53 am

Map Name: Linux OS/Tux
Mapmaker(s): me, and ??? (could use some graphics help
Number of Territories: 42+
Special Features: uncertain
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: learn the components of a Linux Operating System (and some of the interactions such as system calls, drivers, user space, different distributions, etc.

The map would be based on the Linux mascot, Tux.

Map Image:
Last edited by mattastrophe on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain mattastrophe

Re: Linux OS/Tux Map

Postby dakky21 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Interesting idea, though I don't know how would you put it together. Maybe better go for command line map. Example if you hold Copy you can attack Paste :) If you hold su you can bombard everything, and if you are root for one round you win. Add more commands and you have an interesting concept. Players could start with their imaginary Username, and hack their way to get to the root access by deleting other players :)
Captain dakky21

Re: Linux OS/Tux Map

Postby mattastrophe on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:17 am

dakky21 wrote:Interesting idea, though I don't know how would you put it together. Maybe better go for command line map. Example if you hold Copy you can attack Paste :) If you hold su you can bombard everything, and if you are root for one round you win.

Exactly. I was thinking command like cp, rm and su would be part of the user space region. And, yeah, su or sudo could be the gateways out of the region

Add more commands and you have an interesting concept. Players could start with their imaginary Username, and hack their way to get to the root access by deleting other players :)

Hmm, there could be another way to win other than complete annihilation of your enemy. Killing everyone else off of their username (ie. accounts) could do it.

I'll sneak in some time to add to the list of regions over the holidays.

And for the map, my first post doesn't seem to show the image. The graphic idea is to chop up Tux into areas. Let's try again:
Captain mattastrophe

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas