Conquer Club

Gold Rush - v0.1

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Gold Rush - v0.1

Postby bloknayrb on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Map Name:
Gold Rush
Mapmaker(s):
Just me, bloknayrb
Number of Territories:
Special Features:
Uh... Space theme? Wormholes (not yet implemented)
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:
The central premise is that the planet that is breaking up in the center is very resource-rich. The star systems all around want to be the ones who get to use those resources. The asteroids that are directly above the broken planet will start off neutral and will EACH give one or two (haven't decided yet) bonus troops for each turn on which each one is held.
Map Image:
Click image to enlarge.

Obviously, the graphics are as yet incomplete (the rules and bonuses aren't even on there yet), as is the gameplay. I want to incorporate a few wormholes in order to make the map a bit easier to traverse, but I haven't yet decided where they will go. I'm very open to ideas and suggestions, as well as any feedback, positive or negative.

And yes, all graphics are my own original work, albeit not exactly newly created.
Sergeant 1st Class bloknayrb

Re: Gold Rush - v0.1

Postby codierose on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:20 pm

looks similar to the space map or similar idea
Major codierose

Postby waauw on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:02 pm

The map seems similar to the '8 thoughts', 'castle lands' and 'Atlantis' maps considering its circular lay-out, so it would require some special gameplay to set it apart from those. But that should not be too hard.

Could be a good addition to the current maps. With the asteroid so centralized one could create interesting bonuses at the center or a map objective of some kind.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby bloknayrb on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:06 pm

waauw wrote:The map seems similar to the '8 thoughts', 'castle lands' and 'Atlantis' maps considering its circular lay-out, so it would require some special gameplay to set it apart from those. But that should not be too hard.

Could be a good addition to the current maps. With the asteroid so centralized one could create interesting bonuses at the center or a map objective of some kind.

From the OP: The asteroids that are directly above the broken planet will start off neutral and will EACH give one or two (haven't decided yet) bonus troops for each turn on which each one is held.

Basically, the idea is that they should be extremely desirable to everyone all the time, as well as accessible from many angles in order to make them difficult to retain.
Sergeant 1st Class bloknayrb

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas