Conquer Club

Conquer Club Sports (IDEA)

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Club Sports (IDEA)

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 16, 2015 9:22 am

Map Name: Conquer Club Sports
Mapmaker(s): anyone
Number of Territories: TBD
Special Features: lots of them
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: it's a good idea

Gilman-school-map-06-24-09 [CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], by Jldavisson (Own work), from Wikimedia Commons

The idea is to create a map which will feature a lot of sport fields, including but not limited to: soccer, running, baseball, basketball, cricket etc. and all of these would have their own (real) rules - ie. the circular track around the soccer field would be played like Circus Maximus. In soccer, basketball, two teams would start each on it's side etc.

Map would be ideally suited for 1v1 because of the specific deployment. The idea is to win at one game to be able to help yourself and bombard in another. Game ends when you win more than 50% of the games.

Btw is it possible to code conditional bombardments - you can bombard another game court/field as long as you have a troop on it?

What you think of the idea?
Captain dakky21

Re: Conquer Club Sports (IDEA)

Postby gigi_b on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:47 am

I guess it's something like Labytinth where holding Prometheus allows you to attack the entrances and slave cages. Something similar to what you're suggesting, I guess, but with a lot of these conditionals in place. You "have"(won) the soccer game and as long as you have one tert in...say..baseball, you can bomb from a certain place(? I don't get if there are fixed positions for bombardment or from anywhere within your won game?) to the baseball game, if I get it right.

That raises an issue, though, as it may be the case that noone wins a lot of games. A sort of pragmatic play would be to win 1 (game) and bomb the heck out of the others so that the opposing player loses touch with those areas/games. If there's no option to get back in the game (so attacking an already won game by the adversary) it gives a huge advantage...the game is kind of won from that point on (not taking into account outrageous dice...:) ).

Interesting idea nontheless! :)
Cadet gigi_b

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas