Game Statistics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game Statistics

Postby SlugReborn on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:29 pm

nippersean wrote:It's the bold bit slug, it doesn't tell you how many armies are under the fog - unless you got special plugin of course....

Edit - it's not an opinion - it's a fact - you cannot tell the number of the opponents armies from the update - stop being silly sausage

Not anymore, but I swear it used to. Regardless, it still shows regions: Image
and BOB doesn't:
"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect." -Steven Wright
Cook SlugReborn

Medals: 2
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Duality. on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:32 pm

You should know how many regions they have anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class Duality.

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby SlugReborn on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Duality. wrote:You should know how many regions they have anyway.

yeah, ur right. If it's in the log, then I should go through the log and find it. So I guess my problem is not with the added stats, but with BOB for not showing it. I withdraw my objection. :-)

And thank you for taking the time to explain it.
Cook SlugReborn

Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:15 pm

BOB shows it. The "Regions" column shows how many you can see, and "[Calc]" shows the total regions (from the log).
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby nippersean on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Slug,

Bob does. It's under the [calc] column going down 15, 9, 6, 13, 8 etc. it's the same as in the update. Bob's first column shows how many you can "see"
Colonel nippersean

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby SlugReborn on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Well, apologies again then. All is good & thanks for the info. I could blame my losing so many games on this mistake on my part, but I won't lol ;-)

So please, just let me wallow in my stupidity and don't rub it in anymore? lol :oops:
Cook SlugReborn

Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby garbageflan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 pm

it defeats the purpose of fog of war by letting other players see how many territories one has. other than that I guess it is a time saving addition
Sergeant 1st Class garbageflan

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby soundman on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:32 am

garbageflan wrote:it defeats the purpose of fog of war by letting other players see how many territories one has. other than that I guess it is a time saving addition

*sigh* This has been answered a thousand times.... The game log ALREADY tell you how many your opponents have.
Captain soundman

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 pm

what about putting the number of units your opponent deployed the previous turn in fog of war games? (minus cards) More info you can collect from the log, and one less "?".
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby filbert23 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:33 pm

I like the information bar - for those that don't like - don't use it. Horizontal scrolling is not a big deal, at least to me it's not...
I firmly believe in my opinions!
Cadet filbert23

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Culs De Sac on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Please change the format back to the way it was before...The new set up makes things so much more confusing...

I feel that the right portion of the screen is totally empty..its actually quite annoying to see a huge block of white with 2 lines in it..I prefer seeing the setting under the game map instead of above it..especially since most of the time we already have to scroll down to see the log..

The Stats bar looks huge...or just give us the option to remove it all together...i just took some turns and found it quite annoying...

in addition, the new settings have screwed up the clickable maps layout

thanks for trying to improve the site..but I think it worked better w/the previous settings..thanks
Major Culs De Sac

Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:26 pm

I think that you should put the dice to the right of the map, and move the players names under the map. This would allow a player to see the map when he is attacking. Instead of having to scroll back and forth each roll.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Big Whiskey on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Culs De Sac wrote:Please change the format back to the way it was before...The new set up makes things so much more confusing...

I feel that the right portion of the screen is totally empty..its actually quite annoying to see a huge block of white with 2 lines in it..I prefer seeing the setting under the game map instead of above it..especially since most of the time we already have to scroll down to see the log..

The Stats bar looks huge...or just give us the option to remove it all together...i just took some turns and found it quite annoying...

in addition, the new settings have screwed up the clickable maps layout

thanks for trying to improve the site..but I think it worked better w/the previous settings..thanks

Agreed..
General Big Whiskey

Medals: 111
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (18) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby filbert23 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:06 pm

I like it as of today - nice set up, easy to plan attacks (if you're lookin' to reduce reinfs). As one of the posts above said - if you don't like it don't use it...
I firmly believe in my opinions!
Cadet filbert23

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby thekensalgreen on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:40 am

Really not keen on the new layout - a load of wasted white space on the right which previously held all the required info.

any chance it could revert back?
Corporal 1st Class thekensalgreen

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives