Conquer Club

Classic Map Revamped

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Classic Map Revamped

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:07 pm

sully800 wrote:Maybe we should make a gallon challenge map!! Thanks for the idea ron :D

For real, I'm sorry that some people are disappointed with the map - I wish it was possible to please everyone, but hopefully there are other maps that can better meet everyone's interests. Overall this map has been received popularly, despite the circle-line connections not being ideal.

While I agree the map looks nice, it will just take time to get used to the lines. I think more people would have an easier time if the lines were straight, but what do I know.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby laddida on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:54 pm

welp its already gotta step up from when classic shapes first started. I vowed never to play classic shapes for the rest of my cc career. Although that never happened it still took me about 6 or so months before i even played a game on classic shapes. Im already makin or joining classic games now so even though im not a huge fan of it at present it is well done and change is just something you gotta get used to and in the end it will be better :) so well done and thanks.
General laddida

Postby ender516 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 pm

It boggles my mind that some people find that they make more mistakes about borders/connections with the lines than with a map using regions. With the lines, you can ask yourself, "Are these two cities connected?" and the answer is either yes (because there is a line) or no (because there is no line). With regions, you could easily miss a tiny segment of a border somewhere along the entire boundary.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives