Conquer Club

Official Strategy Guides Project Launching

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Official Strategy Guides Project Launching

Postby Ffraid on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Um, what if we have corrections? I mean, not of strategic opinions, but corrections of "factual" statements about a map presented in a guide. Where should we go with those?
Colonel Ffraid

Postby n00blet on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:53 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
n00blet wrote:So if I already wrote and got my guide for Arms Race! published the first time there was a calling for Official Strategy Guides, will I need to do anything to get it updated?

I pm'd you and waited weeks for your response, n00blet, before taking it on. The revamp is already in final review.
And you knew that all pms from your account to me have been blocked for quite some time now. In any event, seems nothing needs to be done.
Captain n00blet

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:28 pm

n00blet wrote:And you knew that all pms from your account to me have been blocked for quite some time now. In any event, seems nothing needs to be done.

Nope, had no idea you were still carrying a grudge for me calling your behavior what it was in a game ages ago. :P
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby n00blet on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:42 am

stahrgazer wrote:
n00blet wrote:And you knew that all pms from your account to me have been blocked for quite some time now. In any event, seems nothing needs to be done.

Nope, had no idea you were still carrying a grudge for me calling your behavior what it was in a game ages ago. :P
Why change my settings when I know as soon as I let your messages come through it'll just open the floodgates for more of this? I've been happy ignoring you inasmuch as my travels have taken me thus far.
Captain n00blet

Postby b00060 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Are there any maps that haven't been taken yet?
Major b00060

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:41 pm

b00060 wrote:Are there any maps that haven't been taken yet?

Yes, quite a few!

The project leaders listed a series of guides for us to start with, that wasn't even half the available maps on CC, and we're not done with those yet. Plus, there are still all the guides that we need to get to after we complete the initial list.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby ksslemp on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Here's a good strategy.

Foe any player who uses the clickable maps app for freestyles, it's a hugely unfair advantage and should be standard for everyone.
Till that happens..... Foe Foe Foe
Major ksslemp

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Ffraid wrote:Um, what if we have corrections? I mean, not of strategic opinions, but corrections of "factual" statements about a map presented in a guide. Where should we go with those?

You can pass along factual corrections to our Strategy Guide Leaders, listed in one of my previous posts.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:04 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Ffraid wrote:Um, what if we have corrections? I mean, not of strategic opinions, but corrections of "factual" statements about a map presented in a guide. Where should we go with those?

You can pass along factual corrections to our Strategy Guide Leaders, listed in one of my previous posts.
--Andy

And, the guide author would probably be interested to know. The author of each guide is listed in the respective guides. While only the leaders of the project can correct "locked" guides, they've been diligent at helping author volunteers.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Ffraid on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

And, the guide author would probably be interested to know. The author of each guide is listed in the respective guides. While only the leaders of the project can correct "locked" guides, they've been diligent at helping author volunteers.

Thanks. Will do.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:40 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I agree that guides mostly likely are evolving. We simply wanted to make it so when new users/new-to-a-map users come to a Guide, they don't feel like they have to wade through every single post in a guide topic, as it expand and expands. The guides are really meant to be a starting point, or a jumping off point. No one guide can capture everything about a map, but it hopefully can give someone new/new-to-a-map users some starting insight.

How about we open up the Guides completed by the current project (the older guides are in the process of being REVAMPed so we'll wait for their official re-launch, I think), and after the first post, we place a second post as a 'divider.'

This would have a line or some other formatting method, with a small message that the Official Guide ends here, but there may be relevant strategy discussion outside the scope of the basic map guide located in the first post.

This has been instituted.

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:31 pm

The Strategy Guide Contributors are happy to announce that the next batch of Official Strategy Guides from the Project have been released.

Many more are still to come---we do have 160+ maps you know!

Remember, if you'd like to join this project, help contribute your strategy or write a guide of your own, please contact one of our Strategy Guide Leaders: Master Fenrir, Lindax, Laughingcavalier, nagerous, ljex. Maybe you can earn yourself a General Contribution Medal!

Thanks to all those who have contributed their hard work so far, both in taking the initiative to write and format a Strategy Guide, but also all those helping critique, suggest, and comment on such Guides as well---and may it continue!

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:10 pm

The Strategy Guide Contributors are happy to announce that the next batch of Official Strategy Guides from the Project have been released.

Many more are still to come---we do have 170+ maps you know!

Remember, if you'd like to join this project, help contribute your strategy or write a guide of your own, please contact one of our Strategy Guide Leaders: Master Fenrir, Laughingcavalier, nagerous, ljex. Maybe you can earn yourself a General Contribution Medal!

We've had some terrific participants so far throughout the early stages of this project---and a couple of new faces as well! I look forward to the continuation of it all. :D

--Andy

Postby nagerous on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:45 am

Congrats to all those whose guides have been published in the latest batch and enjoy your shiny new medals!
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:33 am

Remember, if you'd like to join this project, help contribute your strategy or write a guide of your own, please contact one of our Strategy Guide Leaders: Master Fenrir, rdsrds2120, and nagerous. Maybe you can earn yourself a General Contribution Medal!

Thanks to all those who have contributed their energy and enthusiasm so far, both in taking the initiative to write and format a Strategy Guide, but also all those helping critique, suggest, and comment on such Guides as well. This is turning out to be quite a project, and I'm excited to see that it has some legs---I hope it can continue!

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:50 am

Remember, if you'd like to join this project, help contribute your strategy or write a guide of your own, please contact one of our Strategy Guide Leaders: Master Fenrir, rdsrds2120, and nagerous. Maybe you can earn yourself a General Contribution Medal!

My thanks goes out to all those who have contributed their energy and have worked so hard, dedicating their time to this little endeavor. It has been quite an undertaking, and we've still miles to go, but I'm glad we're 'going' somewhere, and hopefully the Community will benefit from these Guides in the long run. :)

And a big thanks to all of the Team CC Volunteers who have helped at some time or another on this side-project---your efforts have not got unnoticed.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:48 pm

If anyone plans on creating one for Imperium Romanum I could help with the strategy concerning fog of war, no spoils and games with less than 4 players. I've played half of my games on that map so I know more about it than the 1000000+ games type of player does ;) !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Even if you (anyone) don't feel up to writing a whole guide---your input on specific parts of guides or settings for various maps is still helpful! If you are interested in helping out to any degree, please contact Master Fenrir, Nagerous, or RdsRds2120!

--Andy

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Also remember that any map and many settings that are not already published are probably available. Further information on what's available is obtainable once you join.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:19 am

Many more are still to come---we do have 175+ maps you know! But close to 25% is a good start!

My thanks goes out to all those who have contributed their enthusiasm and labor, dedicating their spare minutes and hours to this little endeavor. It has been quite an undertaking, and we've still countless hours to go, but I'm glad that the clock hasn't stopped yet on this project, and hopefully the Community will benefit from these Guides in the long run. :)

And an additional whopping thanks to all of the Team CC Volunteers who have helped at some time or another on this side-project---your efforts have not got unnoticed. Truly!

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Many more are still to come---we do have 175+ maps you know!

My thanks goes out to all those who have contributed their valuable waking hours. This project is a tremendous effort, and the light at the end of the tunnel is still a ways away, but we've had some terrific contributors producing some fantastic Guides, and hopefully the Community will benefit from these Guides in the long run. :)

And an additional heavy helping of thanks to all of the Team CC Volunteers who have helped at some time or another on this side-project---your efforts have not got unnoticed. Truly!

--Andy

Postby slickstick on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 am

Where can a person find a full list of the strategies and guides, as i see that you have posted on different places as these guides are completed.
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby slickstick on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 am

Where can a person find a full list of the strategies and guides, as i see that you have posted on different places as these guides are completed.

Postby slickstick on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:52 am

slickstick wrote:Where can a person find a full list of the strategies and guides, as i see that you have posted on different places as these guides are completed.

found it :D

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 am

slickstick wrote:
slickstick wrote:Where can a person find a full list of the strategies and guides, as i see that you have posted on different places as these guides are completed.

found it :D

In the Official Strategy Guides you can review any of the current some 40+ map guides currently available.

--Andy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives