I am very happy to announce that Twill
has agreed to assume the role of Community Manager. Not only is he a decent player and the first person ever to upgrade to Premium Membership, Twill is an expert on forum moderation and has 3 years experience working with MMO games sporting 250,000+ person communities.
The Community Manager's responsibilities include establishing and enforcing forum guidelines and coordinating a team of volunteer moderators. We have a great community here and this sort of care is needed to keep the forum a useful place for club members to hang out and share relevant information in a positive, laid back atmosphere. Furthermore, the Community Manager will assist in investigating and prosecuting members with multiple accounts. We know who they are, but there's a backlog right now and this will help.
So welcome aboard, Twill!
Oh wait... I'm not done yet. The following improvements just went live:
* Attack From picklist defaults to the most recent conquered country (as suggested by SunTsu
* In Freestyle (no double turns) games, double turns count for the whole team and not just individual players (as suggested by zorba_ca
* The status icon now shows red if the player is blocked because of a double turn (as suggested by stevesparty
* Speaking of status icons, they have been replaced with the sexy icons Tr0y
made for his handy greasemonkey script
* Don't have premium yet? On your next birthday, simply direct your friends and family to the Gift Certificates icon on the home page!