[07-May-2006] A Community Manager and various improvements.

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Marvaddin on Sun May 07, 2006 2:12 pm

Welcome, Twill. Im here if you need any help.

Lack, you are really great!! Our club is better every day. God job!!
Major Marvaddin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (3)

Postby Scorba on Sun May 07, 2006 7:08 pm

With regard to the status icon, is there any chance of having it say blue instead of red? Otherwise you're going to get people assuming someone else has taken their turn already when they actually haven't. I know you can tell from the game log but it still could cause confusion.
Lieutenant Scorba

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby nhulbert on Sun May 07, 2006 9:39 pm

Very professional. It's more geared towards something of the nature of "Conquer Club for the business man" now. I like it.
Major nhulbert

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby zorba_ca on Sun May 07, 2006 9:43 pm

Thanks Lack.

You've done well...again.
Major zorba_ca

Postby HighBorn on Sun May 07, 2006 9:46 pm

congrats twill....
Private HighBorn

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby SunTsu on Sun May 07, 2006 11:53 pm

lackattack wrote:* Attack From picklist defaults to the most recent conquered country (as suggested by SunTsu)

Great Lack! I thought I felt a change when playing my turns... 8)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your Profile to help him on his way to world domination
Cadet SunTsu

Postby areyouincahoots on Mon May 08, 2006 12:12 am

Twill was a good choice! I'm here if you need me...all the time...no, literally... :roll: ...Thanks for the improvements! Have I told you lately that you're the man, Lack?!?!?
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday

xiGames member
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon May 08, 2006 2:43 am

Congratulations to Twill, who I know a little bit! I'm going to start up a thousand multis, just to see if he's got the GUTS!
Colonel ZawBanjito

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby wicked on Mon May 08, 2006 7:51 am

ZawBanjito wrote:Congratulations to Twill, who I know a little bit! I'm going to start up a thousand multis, just to see if he's got the GUTS!

LOL... like Twill really needs another reason to target you... oh shit, or me... ruh-roh....

Just so you now these accounts are NOT my multi's, they'ere uhh, my roommates and co-workers ... TwillerinaDancerGirl, Twilly-Tu-Tu, TwillSucks, Pain2Twill :wink:

I see this being held over our heads... :roll:
Major wicked

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Darkfire001 on Mon May 08, 2006 8:43 am

Framing Twill :P

Good move Lack, although hopefully not too much discipline in store for all of us.
Lieutenant Darkfire001

Postby wicked on Mon May 08, 2006 9:55 am

OK, this new red when you can't take a double turn indicator is screwing me up already... can we please use a different color or go back to the way it was?

I almost lost a game to Panzey because I thought by glancing at the "my games" page that he still had to go to complete the round, not start the round. :evil:
Major wicked

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby lackattack on Mon May 08, 2006 10:06 am

Darkfire001 wrote:Good move Lack, although hopefully not too much discipline in store for all of us.

Don't worry, we'll instruct the moderators to be more like guides rather than police.
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Twill on Mon May 08, 2006 11:37 am

Indeed, With the exception of posts by Wicked, the new mod team will keep with the general feel of the current forum, promise. Wicked's posts, however, will all be shut down on principle ;)

I will be building guidelines, a team and all the other gubbins that we need this week, then everything will be run by lack and then the community. I have no intention of being the anal-retentive control freak that we all know I can be ;)

Have a great day guys, thanks for the kind notes.

Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill
Retired Administrator

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby wicked on Mon May 08, 2006 11:41 am

that's OK Twill, I expected that.... I'll just post from one of my other accounts. :wink:
Major wicked

Postby Twill on Mon May 08, 2006 11:47 am

alright, that will be ok then ;)
Corporal 1st Class Twill
Retired Administrator

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives