Conquer Club

How to Participate in 5th Anniversary Battle Royales

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: How to Participate in 5th Anniversary Battle Royales

Postby ben79 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
ben79 wrote:it's weird but the conqueror and the first page of scoreboard don't even show up for a battle royale, poor sportmanship from them in my opinion

Get a team of 4 together to play against Blitz and his team, I bet he'll beat you 9/10 times. I don't blame him or anyone on the top portion of the scoreboard for not joining any battle royale, especially a freestyle one where it is more about speed than strategy. (I know that will be an unpopular comment with many freestylers but I bet they all use clicky maps to make it quicker for them to play, so they would at least have to agree speed is a huge factor in determining a winner).

I'll even volunteer to run a tourney to make a matchup between you and Blitz a possibility. PM me if interested.

wow you probably did not read my earlier post to say that, but i understand reading his hard sometimes, i was just saying ( so this time you can understand ) that it would have been nice to see the conqueror in at least one battle royale, and for a quads ( why would you offer me a quad vs him ?? totally out of context ) i just have to go to game finder and there's a lot of quads with blitz on it, so nevermind the invites i'll join one when i feel lucky enough ;)
Lieutenant ben79

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:12 pm

ben79 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
ben79 wrote:it's weird but the conqueror and the first page of scoreboard don't even show up for a battle royale, poor sportmanship from them in my opinion

Get a team of 4 together to play against Blitz and his team, I bet he'll beat you 9/10 times. I don't blame him or anyone on the top portion of the scoreboard for not joining any battle royale, especially a freestyle one where it is more about speed than strategy. (I know that will be an unpopular comment with many freestylers but I bet they all use clicky maps to make it quicker for them to play, so they would at least have to agree speed is a huge factor in determining a winner).

I'll even volunteer to run a tourney to make a matchup between you and Blitz a possibility. PM me if interested.

wow you probably did not read my earlier post to say that, but i understand reading his hard sometimes, i was just saying ( so this time you can understand ) that it would have been nice to see the conqueror in at least one battle royale, and for a quads ( why would you offer me a quad vs him ?? totally out of context ) i just have to go to game finder and there's a lot of quads with blitz on it, so nevermind the invites i'll join one when i feel lucky enough ;)

Gotcha. And it'd be nice to see a lot of things, I just understand why many people don't participate in these. I played in one and I honestly didn't get any enjoyment out of it. No time to strategize and make a game plan. Either just drop; or drop and assault quick. Towards the end I can see where strategy could come into play but until then it's just a mad scramble and the quickest person continues onto the next round.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby ben79 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:17 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
ben79 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

Gotcha. And it'd be nice to see a lot of things, I just understand why many people don't participate in these. I played in one and I honestly didn't get any enjoyment out of it. No time to strategize and make a game plan. Either just drop; or drop and assault quick. Towards the end I can see where strategy could come into play but until then it's just a mad scramble and the quickest person continues onto the next round.

that's what makes it fun ;)
Lieutenant ben79

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Good luck everyone as the final Battle Royale game continues!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby ben79 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 pm

that dude that makes us wait for 24 hours in the last BR, well guess what, his last game was in january of 2010, maybe someone who knows his password log him in the game to make sure he can take his turns at a specific time, just saying
Lieutenant ben79

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:48 pm

The last Battle Royale (that is currently still going on) was extremely intense. There are four of us now, the sets went from 6 to 170 in round 3. It might be over soon, we'll see.
All I can say now, is that I wish I had installed clickies before this game, that would've earned me some more points ;)
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:14 am

Congrats to KingOfGods for the victory! Well played, friend, and I hope for vengeance next year! :twisted: :P
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives