Conquer Club

Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby gannable on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:31 am

with this new clickable maps its makes no different if you can view the map or not -

because it will deploy and reinforce to the wrong territory regardless of where you click
Lieutenant gannable

Postby purple73 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:33 am

The old way of doing things does not work at all for me.
Cook purple73

Postby MarathonMax on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:41 am

Cool. But............ how do I disable keyboard shortcuts if I do not want them?
Lieutenant MarathonMax

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:58 am

gannable wrote:with this new clickable maps its makes no different if you can view the map or not -

because it will deploy and reinforce to the wrong territory regardless of where you click

Try http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=settings and change the last option to 'No'
That should fix it if I understand correctly.

Also, I'm pretty certain Lack has been beta-testing this for a while on the test site :-$
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby brtrem on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:33 am

I hate it. I am a dedicated keyboard user, and it's already screwed me 3 times. I focus on the "attack from" select input in the action form, then type the letter "e" to choose a territory that begins with that letter. Instead, it ends my turn. No attack, no card. grrr.
Lieutenant brtrem

Postby gannable on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:47 am

i uninstalled it

i dont mind not using it

besides my dice seem better w/o it
Lieutenant gannable

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 am

Thanks for your comments, critiques, and complaints. I've compiled a summary list of the topic thus far, so we can look into and address the concerns and issues that remain. Stay tuned.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 am

My clickies are working perfectly. The problems they're having have to be individual, not site-wide.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby grifftron on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:59 am

Army of GOD wrote:My clickies are working perfectly. The problems they're having have to be individual, not site-wide.

no its lots, i just got off the phone with my sister (banana2) and she was saying she messed up a couple games already, first she was just using normal clickies after updating it, and it dropped all her troops in the wrong spot... she thought *oh i musta just messed up* so the next game she used the old way of doing things *drop down* and troops still went in the wrong spot...

why not just turn this off until it is fixed completely? i don't even want to take turns anymore until this is over.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby JoshyBoy on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:03 pm

grifftron wrote:no its lots, i just got off the phone with my sister (banana2) and she was saying she messed up a couple games already, first she was just using normal clickies after updating it, and it dropped all her troops in the wrong spot... she thought *oh i musta just messed up* so the next game she used the old way of doing things *drop down* and troops still went in the wrong spot...

why not just turn this off until it is fixed completely? i don't even want to take turns anymore until this is over.

Amen brother! =D>
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby wermahtfighter on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:10 pm

the idea is horrendous :evil:

i strongly suggest we go back to the original way of playing
Bet it was easier too :!:

anyways, the producers get merit for trying...
Cook wermahtfighter

Postby Falkomagno on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Awesome improvement. jizz in my pants finally.

Some adjustment in the reenforcement phase though, since it was kind of messed up, reinforcing from place that i didn't choose, and different controls, but as long I get used to it, I know that it will be even more great.

Thanks a lot and keep doing the good job.
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby natty dread on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 pm

wermahtfighter wrote:the idea is horrendous :evil:

You can still play the old-fashioned way if you want ](*,)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby General Roy on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:25 pm

natty_dread wrote:

Except that I find the lag unacceptable now, even if I don't use the clickable map.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby Riskismy on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:01 pm

I love it!! Not sure exactly who to applaud, but you did a great job :D =D> =D> :D
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby Gillipig on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:05 pm

natty_dread wrote:

No that's the problem! That's why we're complaining Natty! (that and forcing the updates upon us) I've followed all instructions posted here but I still can't deploy, reinforce, attack or even advance troops as I like! The update has messed up 5 games of mine because I've tried to understand how it works or thinking that it worked like it used to!

Why not leave it optional to chose the new update instead of leaving it optional to change it back to how it used to be? (which doesn't work for a lot of people anyway!)
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:14 pm

The problem is not in the update, but the bugs. Had this gone smoothly, nobody would have been complaining, because you would have just gone on doing your thing the same way you always have. The update was a good one, just the bugs are rather glaring and causing a lot of heartburn.

I am sure it would go a long way if people would provide specific details on how things messed up for them, in order to help the developers track down the bugs, rather than just bashing what was obviously a massive undertaking to try to give the majority of users what they wanted.

For what it's worth, to the massive powers that be, thanks for the update.
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby Area 51 Abductor on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 pm

OMFG this is so frigging broken in Chrome on MacOS, it just randomly deployed all the way across the map. Thanks for losing a game for me
Last edited by Area 51 Abductor on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Area 51 Abductor

Postby thebest712 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:21 pm

can we change the hotkeys?
Major thebest712

Postby sherkaner on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Area 51 Abductor wrote:OMFG this is so frigging broken in Chrome on MacOS, it just randomly deployed all the way across the map. Thanks for losing a game for me

If you installed CM on chrome, update it.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:42 pm

you know, i think this new clickable thing is cool, although I'm glad we can turn it off, because overlaying rectangles on the screen detracts from the cool imagery.
One thing i like about CC is that the maps are forced to be accurate (this excludes fantasy maps of course), and geographic details are enforced. I like this because i learn a lot of geogrpahy while playing on this site, and i'd say that the drop down boxes adds to that because it forces the viewer to look at the map, find the territory name, and then recall it by selecting it in the drop down box. This may be an unintended educational benefit, but i like it. Clicking the map won't ensure we'll have to look at the map for territory names, but I'm glad we've got it as an option in case we don't drop down boxes.
Just a side note, currently there is a cow in the post right above mine, and its tongue keeps coming detached from its mouth
Anyway, thanks CC team for adding this feature, and for adding the choice of using it or the good ol' drop down boxes.
Have a good day and God bless you!
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby juggler65 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:45 pm

the Clickable maps sucks can you make so we can turn it off if we want to?
Corporal juggler65

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 pm

A master switch to turn the feature on or off would have made things a lot simpler and easier for players to understand (and would have eliminated the need for Greasemonkey script authors to update their scripts), not to mention it may have helped with any lag that may be experienced. From what I can tell, all the Javascript is being loaded and run regardless of whether or not the player is actually using it.

I still want that awful blue banner removed. Why wasn't the ability for players to close said notice implemented?

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:09 pm

thebest712 wrote:can we change the hotkeys?

No

Pheonix.bradley wrote:agree with zion, 100%, in fact its turning myself and my mates away from a game that we've loved to play for years now, and we're fans of the normal clickable maps, shame...

The old clickies work perfectly fine, why don't you just keep using them...

Army of GOD wrote:My clickies are working perfectly. The problems they're having have to be individual, not site-wide.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Ahh good old CC. Finding the bad in everything and complaining instead of enjoying a wonderful update. Thanks CC and to all who was involved in making this happen. Seems like clickable maps have taken the place of dice complaints for the moment
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby natty dread on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Just a side note, currently there is a cow in the post right above mine, and its tongue keeps coming detached from its mouth

:lol:
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives