Conquer Club

Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:00 pm

natty_dread wrote:Any chance you could add territory names to the hover texts? Like instead of it saying "click to assault here" it would say "click to assault <territory>".

It could be done. The hovers would obscure more parts of the map, however. Would the information be more beneficial than obscuring?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby raston_morue on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

I am in the middle of my turn and I clicked to advance ALL but it advanced 0!!!! :twisted: I need a fix NOW!!!!
Major raston_morue

Postby Night Strike on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Big Whiskey wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Big Whiskey wrote:
Big Whiskey wrote:I am not using this new feature and the # of troops in the assault boxes are now gone?

Assault from B.C(4) to Alaska (There should be a # of troops here)but there's not now?But when I attack from a different one there is. :-s

EDIT:It also does this when reinforcing troops.

Anyone having this problem?Does anyone have an answer?Andy?

Those numbers are placed by BOB, so you'd have to look there for answers.

Yah but Night Strike it happened as soon as the new feature was introduced.

Right. The scripts are supposed to work with the site as the site is not built to work within the confines of the script. If/once BOB is updated, the issue will go away. The site coding works as it is supposed to, so it's the script that has to be modified.
Major Night Strike

Postby erv on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
erv wrote:any way to disable this through an option?!

it is annoying as hell when you are hovering over a map. if i wanted to script i would have gotten gm......

Ahoy Erv (and others reading),

The hovering function is built in and it cannot be turned off (though you can move your mouse away from the map and the hovers will disappear).

You can, however, disable the 'Bracket Indicators' on your 'Game Settings.' Change the 'Selected Region Indicators' to 'No', and it will hide the indicators on the map.

--Andy

awesome. now i can even see the numbers inside the former click boxes. thanks
Lieutenant erv

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Wow this is really causing some major lagging.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby JBoy on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 pm

damn..i couldn't figure out why my troops were misdeploying and i was attacking my allies in teams....really irritating...
Highs # 7--4007--7-18-09 ....
Colonel JBoy

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 pm

JBoy wrote:damn..i couldn't figure out why my troops were misdeploying and i was attacking my allies in teams....really irritating...

wanna play some dubs before you figure it out?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby gannable on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:40 pm

anyone still using clickable maps is welcome to play me in some 1x1 games
Lieutenant gannable

Postby ZionT on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Thanks to king achilles for his message and lack for addressing these concerns. I really appreciate the PM I received and the work you do in general for the site, complaints aside.

Still, I wish there was a way to turn off ALL the new features and restore any of the outstanding lag, but these are minor details now.
Major ZionT

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:35 pm

I can't help but giggle when I take my turns now. This is fantastic. I'd give you a billion "thank you"s, but then I'd get banned for spamming :( :lol: :P
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:03 am

40kguy wrote:right when you installed this mine went all crazy. i was clicking the map then it was going to a different spot.

Yea - I know - I lost one or two games that way too.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:05 am

Are you supposed to dl anything for ms explorer? B/C I tried it and left clicked and instead of dropping 1 it dropped all 3.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Night Strike on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:16 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Are you supposed to dl anything for ms explorer? B/C I tried it and left clicked and instead of dropping 1 it dropped all 3.

It defaults to the maximum number of troops you can deploy. In order to change that number, you must use the scroll wheel or the hotkeys. You can find all the hotkeys in the Question Mark drop down by the word Action beneath the map.
Major Night Strike

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:28 am

Do not know if that has been asked before:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7598/screew.jpg
Colonel Dako

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 am

Dako wrote:Do not know if that has been asked before:

Aha! You're one of those guys who keeps the taskbar on the side. What is it with you people? :D

As for the dot, yeah I wonder about that too...

AndyDufresne wrote:It could be done. The hovers would obscure more parts of the map, however. Would the information be more beneficial than obscuring?

I think it would be. You would get instant information of the territory names, which would be somewhat helpful in some situations... Seeing as the hover boxes only appear when you're on top of an army number, I don't think obscuring the map would be much of a problem.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 am

natty_dread wrote:Aha! You're one of those guys who keeps the taskbar on the side. What is it with you people? :D

I do not group windows by type and I need to see most of them as I can have a lot opened. Also, quick launch icons and extended datetime display.
Colonel Dako

Postby lackattack on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:47 am

Dako wrote:Do not know if that has been asked before:

That is the CM tootip before it gets filled with a message and moved to a country.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Ah, I see. Why isn't it hidden before it is populated?
Colonel Dako

Postby bedub1 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Just to let everybody know I'm running BOB 5.1.4, clickable maps 4.7, and everything is working perfectly as normal.
Colonel bedub1

Postby kmhebert on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Here is something else I don't like, the fortification stage. It picks a terr automatically from which to fort and if you click on an area connected to it, it will fort there. BUT, if you click on a terr not connected to it, THAT terr becomes the "fort from" terr. So you can easily click with left click thinking you are choosing a terr to fort FROM, BUT, you actually just picked a terr to fort TO. And if you are in chained or adjacent, well, too bad, your turn is over and you probably just forted from weak to strong instead of vice versa. In general I find this version has a lot more hesitation, checking, mouse-overing, etc, to be sure and it is just not quite up to par as an interface.

Since I have been all negative so far let me add, I think you all did a pretty good job with this and with JUST a little more tweaking it will be awesome.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby lackattack on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Dako wrote:Ah, I see. Why isn't it hidden before it is populated?

It is now ;)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:09 pm

kmhebert wrote:Here is something else I don't like, the fortification stage. It picks a terr automatically from which to fort and if you click on an area connected to it, it will fort there. BUT, if you click on a terr not connected to it, THAT terr becomes the "fort from" terr. So you can easily click with left click thinking you are choosing a terr to fort FROM, BUT, you actually just picked a terr to fort TO. And if you are in chained or adjacent, well, too bad, your turn is over and you probably just forted from weak to strong instead of vice versa. In general I find this version has a lot more hesitation, checking, mouse-overing, etc, to be sure and it is just not quite up to par as an interface.

Since I have been all negative so far let me add, I think you all did a pretty good job with this and with JUST a little more tweaking it will be awesome.

You can use the right button to select the "fort from" territory. I think it's pretty consistent.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Sea Devil on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:10 pm

I followed all your instructions-downloading firefox ect. and I still have many issues. While in the middle of an attack sequence, it was suddenly halted and I had to reinforce and end my turn. I didn't click "END ASSAULTS" and this happened anyway. Game #8544917 in round 18. I was going to win that game, but now winning is very doubtful. When I purchased my membership, I did so because I enjoyed playing the game. Now, with all the unintentional moves, because of this new program, i'm not enjoying playing C.C. I would not have purchased a membership if I knew these changes were comming. I'm requesting a refund of my membership.
Major Sea Devil

Postby Dako on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 am

countluckner wrote:I followed all your instructions-downloading firefox ect. and I still have many issues. While in the middle of an attack sequence, it was suddenly halted and I had to reinforce and end my turn. I didn't click "END ASSAULTS" and this happened anyway. Game #8544917 in round 18. I was going to win that game, but now winning is very doubtful. When I purchased my membership, I did so because I enjoyed playing the game. Now, with all the unintentional moves, because of this new program, i'm not enjoying playing C.C. I would not have purchased a membership if I knew these changes were comming. I'm requesting a refund of my membership.

Do you use any tools for CC? Maybe BOB or something else?

Also, what browser do you use?
Colonel Dako

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 am

okay so now whats up with the dam clickies???? i was fine with the small squares but now its HUGE squares and i tottaly dont like the huge squares
Cook basic_man2010_20

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives