Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 am

natty_dread wrote:Aha! You're one of those guys who keeps the taskbar on the side. What is it with you people? :D

I do not group windows by type and I need to see most of them as I can have a lot opened. Also, quick launch icons and extended datetime display.
Brigadier Dako

Medals: 115
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (20) General Contribution (20)

Postby lackattack on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:47 am

Dako wrote:Do not know if that has been asked before:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7598/screew.jpg

That is the CM tootip before it gets filled with a message and moved to a country.
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Ah, I see. Why isn't it hidden before it is populated?
Brigadier Dako

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (24)

Postby bedub1 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Just to let everybody know I'm running BOB 5.1.4, clickable maps 4.7, and everything is working perfectly as normal.
Colonel bedub1

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby kmhebert on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Here is something else I don't like, the fortification stage. It picks a terr automatically from which to fort and if you click on an area connected to it, it will fort there. BUT, if you click on a terr not connected to it, THAT terr becomes the "fort from" terr. So you can easily click with left click thinking you are choosing a terr to fort FROM, BUT, you actually just picked a terr to fort TO. And if you are in chained or adjacent, well, too bad, your turn is over and you probably just forted from weak to strong instead of vice versa. In general I find this version has a lot more hesitation, checking, mouse-overing, etc, to be sure and it is just not quite up to par as an interface.

Since I have been all negative so far let me add, I think you all did a pretty good job with this and with JUST a little more tweaking it will be awesome.
Captain kmhebert

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (17)

Postby lackattack on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Dako wrote:Ah, I see. Why isn't it hidden before it is populated?

It is now ;)
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:09 pm

kmhebert wrote:Here is something else I don't like, the fortification stage. It picks a terr automatically from which to fort and if you click on an area connected to it, it will fort there. BUT, if you click on a terr not connected to it, THAT terr becomes the "fort from" terr. So you can easily click with left click thinking you are choosing a terr to fort FROM, BUT, you actually just picked a terr to fort TO. And if you are in chained or adjacent, well, too bad, your turn is over and you probably just forted from weak to strong instead of vice versa. In general I find this version has a lot more hesitation, checking, mouse-overing, etc, to be sure and it is just not quite up to par as an interface.

Since I have been all negative so far let me add, I think you all did a pretty good job with this and with JUST a little more tweaking it will be awesome.

You can use the right button to select the "fort from" territory. I think it's pretty consistent.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Sea Devil on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:10 pm

I followed all your instructions-downloading firefox ect. and I still have many issues. While in the middle of an attack sequence, it was suddenly halted and I had to reinforce and end my turn. I didn't click "END ASSAULTS" and this happened anyway. Game #8544917 in round 18. I was going to win that game, but now winning is very doubtful. When I purchased my membership, I did so because I enjoyed playing the game. Now, with all the unintentional moves, because of this new program, i'm not enjoying playing C.C. I would not have purchased a membership if I knew these changes were comming. I'm requesting a refund of my membership.
Major Sea Devil

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Dako on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 am

countluckner wrote:I followed all your instructions-downloading firefox ect. and I still have many issues. While in the middle of an attack sequence, it was suddenly halted and I had to reinforce and end my turn. I didn't click "END ASSAULTS" and this happened anyway. Game #8544917 in round 18. I was going to win that game, but now winning is very doubtful. When I purchased my membership, I did so because I enjoyed playing the game. Now, with all the unintentional moves, because of this new program, i'm not enjoying playing C.C. I would not have purchased a membership if I knew these changes were comming. I'm requesting a refund of my membership.

Do you use any tools for CC? Maybe BOB or something else?

Also, what browser do you use?
Brigadier Dako

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 am

okay so now whats up with the dam clickies???? i was fine with the small squares but now its HUGE squares and i tottaly dont like the huge squares
Cook basic_man2010_20

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Calidrmr on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:16 pm

basic_man2010_20 wrote:okay so now whats up with the dam clickies???? i was fine with the small squares but now its HUGE squares and i tottaly dont like the huge squares

have you changed anything? what browser are you using? if you are using Firefox, which version and any greasemonkey scripts installed? for now, you can turn off the squares (indicators) by
lackattack wrote:...If the indicators around the selected regions are obstructing your view of the map, you can click on [indicators] in the game to toggle them. There is also an option to make them hidden by default on the Game Settings page.
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Lieutenant Calidrmr

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (15)

Postby karel on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 pm

how can we get rid of this lame shit...i hate it....why do i have to use something that i dont care to use...so lame
Sergeant 1st Class karel

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby king achilles on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 am

lackattack wrote:...If you don't want to use clickable maps, you don't have to. The Action panel is still fully functional.

If the indicators around the selected regions are obstructing your view of the map, you can click on [indicators] in the game to toggle them. There is also an option to make them hidden by default on the Game Settings page...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139717
Corporal king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gogatron on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 pm

I understand that you're saying "you don't have to use click-able maps if you don't want to"....

But really you're lying, you do HAVE to use them. Even if you use the drop down box for everything, if you press the scroll button down over the map to scroll down your page; your turn starts.
That is just ridiculous, if there is no way to turn this feature off soon I will be leaving your site for a different one as this feature has already ruined many of my turns.
This means war!!

How exciting!! :mrgreen:

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."~The Ugly
Lieutenant Gogatron

Medals: 4
Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Gogatron wrote:I understand that you're saying "you don't have to use click-able maps if you don't want to"....

But really you're lying, you do HAVE to use them. Even if you use the drop down box for everything, if you press the scroll button down over the map to scroll down your page; your turn starts.
That is just ridiculous, if there is no way to turn this feature off soon I will be leaving your site for a different one as this feature has already ruined many of my turns.

Are you clicking your scroll wheel, or just scrolling your scroll wheel?

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives