Conquer Club

Noo Munegimeet

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Noo Munegimeet

Postby musteriuz on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:46 am

Well, without reading EVERY single thumbs up / thumbs down comment on here, I think it is hilarious. And I'm sure the site won't die from losing a few sign-ups on one day a year. Well done, folks.
Highest score: 2159 Highest rank: 486
(How are the mighty fallen)
[Tourney achievements are on my wall]
Sergeant 1st Class musteriuz

Postby Moonchild on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:55 am

I said it somewhere in the forum but I'll say it here again. The April fool team of CC are morons. One thing is to change the visuals but to change the product's functionality (THAT WE PAY FOR!) is a complete another matter! Bring that back and let us play our turns. The saddest part is...it's not even funny.
Score: 2702
Colonel Moonchild

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 am

I thought BOB was free?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 am

neanderpaul14 wrote:
ISN2 wrote:It's not nice to be BOBless :(

No it's not nice......I'm sure that wasn't intended as part of the joke........but it sucks.

Please turn it back on.

They will... in about 24 hours.

It's not the first time Bob wasn't usable, and I'm sure it won't be the last time. It's just that this time, it's not usable because all the names the program looks for, got changed.

So, no bobbipins for a day. Big deal.

However... Lack, while I appreciate your attempts to make new April Fools jokes each year, I think this one's a little overboard.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 am

Moonchild wrote:I said it somewhere in the forum but I'll say it here again. The April fool team of CC are morons. One thing is to change the visuals but to change the product's functionality (THAT WE PAY FOR!) is a complete another matter! Bring that back and let us play our turns. The saddest part is...it's not even funny.

You can take your turns. You just can't use Bob to do it for 24 whole hours :o :ugeek:

and you don't pay for Bob, it's something someone designed to be nice... so, you can design bobbette and program it to work with the suweeeedish speelink
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby resitnecdan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:07 am

stahrgazer wrote:so, you can design bobbette and program it to work with the suweeeedish speelink

bobbette... Hilarious
Proud member of The Imperial Dragoons

Highest place 30
Highest score: 2136
Most points in a game: 121
Lieutenant resitnecdan

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 am

drunkmonkey wrote:The Swedish Chef changes are funny. The absolute outrage of those who are entitled to their add-ons, and refuse to back down until management bows to their demands is hilarious.

Bravo!

Exactly what I was thinking.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby pascalleke on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 am

Jippd wrote:Stupid and annoying. I hate to see someone that isn't familiar with the site try to navigate it...

i second that .....dont think i am amused with this :evil:
Sergeant pascalleke

Postby General Roy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 am

Swedish Chef wrote:Hillu Ifirybudy,

Seence-a zee Mooppit Shoo eedid I hefe-a nuteeng tu du. Su I poorchesid tees vibseete-a ffrum Mr. Lecketteck ffur une-a meelleeun dullers.

I veell chunge-a zee fullooeeng:

• Svideesh mudireturs
  • A noo medel fur guud cuukeeng
  • "Cuuk" veell be-a zee heeghest runk (nut "Feeeld Mershel"!)

Bork, bork, bork!

P.S. I mede-a suoop oooot ooff Mr. Lecketteck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1KSaUEu_T4

Please - back to normal asap! BOB doesn't work, and this wasn't a very funny April's fool at all, I think.

If I didn't have to take my turn before 24 hours were up, I would not play today at all, as I have problems seeing where my areas are and where I can attack the best possible way.

:( :( :(((
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 am

I luv the chef!!!!!!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 am

General Roy wrote:

Seence-a zee Mooppit Shoo eedid I hefe-a nuteeng tu du. Su I poorchesid tees vibseete-a ffrum Mr. Lecketteck ffur une-a meelleeun dullers.

• Svideesh mudireturs

Bork, bork, bork!

P.S. I mede-a suoop oooot ooff Mr. Lecketteck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1KSaUEu_T4

Please - back to normal asap! BOB doesn't work, and this wasn't a very funny April's fool at all, I think.

If I didn't have to take my turn before 24 hours were up, I would not play today at all, as I have problems seeing where my areas are and where I can attack the best possible way.

try going back on your firefox. firefox 4.4 (or the new one a short while back, broke your bob, not this
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby sickriver on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 am

ha ha foook oofff b4 i noook uz booosteds
Corporal sickriver

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:28 am

juggler65 wrote:
Jippd wrote:Stupid and annoying. I hate to see someone that isn't familiar with the site try to navigate it...

I totally agree this really is one of the most stupidist things I have ever seen. Is this site run by six year olds?

Adults aren't allowed to make jokes?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby KiwiTsar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 am

Hahahahahaha! That's the best April Fools' Joke this side of the International Date Line! ROFLMFAO!
Sergeant KiwiTsar

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:31 am

Swedish Chef is a pretty good one. I think Ahnuld should be next year's version.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Jippd on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:32 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141615&start=15

over fifty percent of the people that have responded to the poll so far dislike what the company did here. If that doesn't scream what are you doing I don't know what should...

Not sure how many of you have jobs in business but if you did something that over fifty percent of your customer base disliked what do you think would happen.

Not that it matters but when my subscription is up here this will be my last year on this site. I am tired of the admins playing around with it like this is there toy.

If that is how they want to act then fine, but I am not paying to be a product of someone elses humor. If I was in the minority then fine I would shut my mouth, but I'm not, and the lack of customer service in the form of admins ignoring a large portion of their customers opinion for the sake of their own personal humor while maybe not illegal is definitely not ethical.

Funny sure, but it cost you at least $25.00 so consider this 'promotion' a giant success....I can assure you it did nothing to increase your customer base if anything it irritated people. I highly doubt this made anyone that was going to not renew their membership renew it. I can tell you for a one hundred percent certainty though that it made at least one member never come back as a paying customer again. Job well done
Major Jippd

Postby General Roy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:35 am

SirSebstar wrote:
General Roy wrote:

• Svideesh mudireturs

Bork, bork, bork!

try going back on your firefox. firefox 4.4 (or the new one a short while back, broke your bob, not this

OK. I'll try. But I'm still using Firefox 4.0, and it worked yesterday. Reverted back to 3.6 and BOB is still broken.

I had placed the chat section on top - now it's at the bottom - and with this Double DutchSwede I'm not able to work out where to check the settings.

And when I hover over my name, my areas are not highlighted on the map, which is a great nuiscance, really.

Also, when hovering over an area, it doesn't show which areas I can attack. This is terrible for me in games like Age Of Realms 2: Magic. so I'm not pleased at all.
Last edited by General Roy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby lama on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:41 am

Wonderful! :lol:
Private 1st Class lama

Postby yowzer14 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:46 am

Glad I haven't renewed my membership. Hated this garbage when they did it a couple years ago and it surely is garbage again.
Private 1st Class yowzer14

Postby comic boy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:47 am

Jippd wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141615&start=15

over fifty percent of the people that have responded to the poll so far dislike what the company did here. If that doesn't scream what are you doing I don't know what should...

Not sure how many of you have jobs in business but if you did something that over fifty percent of your customer base disliked what do you think would happen.

Not that it matters but when my subscription is up here this will be my last year on this site. I am tired of the admins playing around with it like this is there toy.

If that is how they want to act then fine, but I am not paying to be a product of someone elses humor. If I was in the minority then fine I would shut my mouth, but I'm not, and the lack of customer service in the form of admins ignoring a large portion of their customers opinion for the sake of their own personal humor while maybe not illegal is definitely not ethical.

Funny sure, but it cost you at least $25.00 so consider this 'promotion' a giant success....I can assure you it did nothing to increase your customer base if anything it irritated people. I highly doubt this made anyone that was going to not renew their membership renew it. I can tell you for a one hundred percent certainty though that it made at least one member never come back as a paying customer again. Job well done

Well now your going I will definitely renew so Lack has broken even already :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Z-Rambo on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 am

Who needs BOB, when you can have TIT.....oops I'm sorry, wrong site.....hehe

Leve motståndet!
Highest Rank: Lieutenant
Highest Score: 1739 Accomplished January 14, 2011
Longest Game Involved In: Game 7414275
Private 1st Class Z-Rambo

Postby neanderpaul14 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:01 am

General Roy wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
General Roy wrote:

• Svideesh mudireturs

Bork, bork, bork!

OK. I'll try. But I'm still using Firefox 4.0, and it worked yesterday. Reverted back to 3.6 and BOB is still broken.

I had placed the chat section on top - now it's at the bottom - and with this Double DutchSwede I'm not able to work out where to check the settings.

And when I hover over my name, my areas are not highlighted on the map, which is a great nuiscance, really.

Also, when hovering over an area, it doesn't show which areas I can attack. This is terrible for me in games like Age Of Realms 2: Magic. so I'm not pleased at all.

It's not your Firefox that disabled your BOB, it's this attempt at a joke........don't redo your FF.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Jippd on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:11 am

comic boy wrote:
Jippd wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141615&start=15

Well now your going I will definitely renew so Lack has broken even already :D

I'm pretty sure you already have an infatuation with him and this site from earlier comments so I'm pretty sure you were renewing anyways. But if lying makes you feel good as well as name calling, well than have at it.
Major Jippd

Postby belize on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 am

wtf!?! i hate this shit, shit aint working right
Lieutenant belize

Postby Krissan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 am

Alla meddelanden om att motståndet skall upphöra är falska!

För Sverige I Tiden!
Captain Krissan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives