Conquer Club

Training Achievement, Medals Page, Lag Monitoring

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Training Achievement, Medals Page, Lag Monitoring

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Ahoy Ahoy Conquer Club Members!

It is with pleasure to introduce you all to a few small, but important additions/modifications/enhancements! So...let me present...

>>SoC Training Academy & Training Achievement Medal<<

Recently, what was formerly known strictly as the Society of the Cooks, underwent a re-branding to better characterize what the Dept. of Team CC does and who can (or should!) participate in the Dept's activities and programs. So without further ado, I'd like to introduce you all to the SoC Training Academy (new boss, same as the old boss, etc). :) We hope that this re-branding will better help guide newer players, or players seeking enhanced training, toward the SoC Training Academy's direction.

In conjunction with this re-branding, we have also released a new Achievement Medal: the Training Achievement Medal. This Medal is awarded for completion of any number of activities involving the SoC Training Academy---from Graduation and course completion, to winning internal training tournaments, to meeting the 'academic standards' of the SoC Training Academys regimen! For more information on this medal, join the SoC Training Academy today, and look out for future awardings of this new Achievement Medal.

>>The Medals Page Display Enhancement<<

To go along with the new Training Achievement Medal, blakebowling has contributed code to enhance our Medals Display Page. This page now loads instantaneously---a sure improvement over the seeming seconds upon seconds that it previously took to load! Moreover, we now display a separate counter for Medals Issued and for Medal Recipients, so the data in the Display Page is more informative! So check it out!

>>Lag Monitoring and Issue Reporting<<

As some of you may already be aware, Lackattack recently posted in the General Discussion about a new initiative in Lag Monitoring and Issue Reporting we have undertaken. To quote the Turtleman Webmaster:

lackattack wrote:When you find Conquer Club to be non-responsive, please report it here. I'm talking about slowdowns, timeouts, whitescreens, or other symptoms of "lag". Just let us know what happened, when, and for how long.

We log slow page loads, and it seems that there are more and more incidents where the website isn't running well even though nothing appears in the logs. So we had our hosting company set up a special system monitor on the webserver to collect additional data. By cross-referencing lag reports with that data we might be able to figure out what's causing it and take corrective action.

So please take a moment to report "lag" here and help us improve Conquer Club! To be real helpful, if you have information on what you were doing (taking a turn, posting in the forum, navigating to a page, etc) and when you were doing it (either in CC Time or in your local time), please post said information!

Thanks in advance :D

We hope this special system monitor on the webserver will allow us to collect the data we need, and find on-going trouble-spots and hang-ups. So if you come across any lag issues, take a moment to post some data in this topic so we can sift through the reports and resolve lag issues as they arise. And remember, if you have information on what you were doing, and when you were doing it---that is all the more helpful!

====================================

Once again, we hope these improvements, adjustments, and enhancements can better serve all our Community Members on Conquer Club. Here's to World Domination! And remember, have a banana.

--Andy

Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Training Achievement, Medals Page, Lag Monitoring

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Ah, there it is! I saw those medals earlier.

Oh, and thank you, I will have a banana :P
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Pirlo on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:17 pm

good job people =D>
Captain Pirlo

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Good job, lack and blakebowling! I'm sure everyone appreciates the work!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Good improvements to the medals page. It would be really cool/helpful though if you could click on those numbers and it would take you to a searchable list of all the people who have been awarded that medal.
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Night Strike wrote:Good improvements to the medals page. It would be really cool/helpful though if you could click on those numbers and it would take you to a searchable list of all the people who have been awarded that medal.

i would like this if the page split the bronze/silver/gold
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm looking into further improvements to the medals system.
Private blakebowling

Return to Announcement Archives