Conquer Club

Strategy Guide Workshop Debut, Minor Infractions Update

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Strategy Guide Workshop Debut, Minor Infractions Update

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 am

Ahoy Ahoy Conquer Club!

Two announcements for you all. Interested? Good! Listen up!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From rdsrds2120 & the Strategy Guide Leaders:

What's Happened?

Every now and then, there is a change in the forums occurs so that Conquer Club can operate more efficiently, and this is no exception! The Strategy Guide Leaders would like to welcome to much needed changes to the Strategy Guides Project--->now the Strategy Guides Workshop, which will hopefully become much more active and inclusive to everyone on CC!

The Specifics:

• The Strategy Guide Project used to be an exclusive project that one would have to sign up for and be accepted into. Now, the Workshop will be held in an open forum under the Strategy forum so any and all can participate and stop by to their heart's desire.

• Beforehand, Strategy Guide Leaders went about doing any tasks as necessary. With the new system and opened project, the Leaders will all have more guided tasks to help them focus and manage time efficiently! These tasks can be found here: Leader Roles & Duties.

• Furthermore, for those of you familiar with the old system, we will no longer have a separate station for Final Review, but these topics will be Stickied in the main forum, then once published moved to the Official Guides forum for the viewing pleasure of whomever needs them.

We hope to see more Strategy Guides being produced, and more input from the regular forum-goers! Feel free to check out some of the Announcements in the new forum to get started. Congratulations to all of those that have kept this project alive and well for its duration, and good luck for those that continue it! For those coming on new and the experienced writers alike, take some time to peruse our guidelines and operations around here as explained in the following posts:

Welcome & Strategy Guide Workshop Info
Strategy Guide Template & Lingo

Feel free to poke around as well! Ask a Strategy Guide Leader for assistance if anything comes up, or simply post a topic in the Workshop forum!

In addition to the above announcement, we are updating our Disciplinary Procedures and Policies for Minor Infractions.

Previously, 6 Month Vacations were given for reaching the 6th Minor Infraction level. 6 Month Vacations will now be replaced with 3 Month Vacations going forward.

This change has been made because, by our own words, Minor Infractions are 'more annoying than hurtful,' and thus the change has been made to better reflect the severity of said Minor Infractions.

This shouldn't have an impact on about 99% of you, but worth noting in this announcement nonetheless!

Have a banana, Happy CCing,

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Strategy Guide Workshop Debut, Minor Infractions Update

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:02 am

Let's hope the new forum makes for more progress! Good luck to everyone involved in the Strategy Guide Project! Also, good job on the 3 months policy -- a better reflection of the Disciplinary system! =D>

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:This shouldn't have an impact on about 99% of you

I'm glad to be in that 1%, Alex.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:45 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

In addition to the above announcement, we are updating our Disciplinary Procedures and Policies for Minor Infractions.

Previously, 6 Month Vacations were given for reaching the 6th Minor Infraction level. 6 Month Vacations will now be replaced with 3 Month Vacations going forward.

This change has been made because, by our own words, Minor Infractions are 'more annoying than hurtful,' and thus the change has been made to better reflect the severity of said Minor Infractions.

This shouldn't have an impact on about 99% of you, but worth noting in this announcement nonetheless!

Have a banana, Happy CCing,

--Andy

great =D>

if only they had that a year ago
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Army of GOD wrote:

Alex? :-s

Anywho, nice to see thw Strategy Guides Project expanding! Best of luck, er, strategy...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

Alex? :-s

Anywho, nice to see thw Strategy Guides Project expanding! Best of luck, er, strategy...

-Sully

I first thought of Alex Trebek >.> But I think i'm wrong.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby IcePack on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Mr. Trebek is my guess as well. Cool updates

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Announcement Archives