Conquer Club

[CANCELLED] 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby grifftron on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:15 am

hope sniper doesn't see this, I need this medal to catch up 8-[

I voted, but does it doesn't say anything like "Thanks for voting"?

CC is #11 only 2,000+ votes down from #1... should be a party climbing to the top!

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BunnRee on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 am

At ten... :-)!
PAY ATTENTION! Squirrels and Rabbit Holes happen all the time. So, be on the lookout for unanticipated amazement and joy!
Cook BunnRee

Postby BunnRee on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:37 am

sensfan wrote:How do we know how many votes we have.. what does the In and Out values mean beside every game's name?

I would think that the "In" is how many people went to the came site from that link and "Out" is how many who have left the game site. Now the Number 1 Game Site Link (!@*&^*^) has 7027 In and 7818 Out. That means they take hostages when they leave the site. :-)!
PAY ATTENTION! Squirrels and Rabbit Holes happen all the time. So, be on the lookout for unanticipated amazement and joy!
Cook BunnRee

Postby grifftron on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 am

BunnRee wrote:
sensfan wrote:How do we know how many votes we have.. what does the In and Out values mean beside every game's name?

I would think that the "In" is how many people went to the came site from that link and "Out" is how many who have left the game site. Now the Number 1 Game Site Link (!@*&^*^) has 7027 In and 7818 Out. That means they take hostages when they leave the site. :-)!

They also had all month to vote, we just started voting as we just heard about it, its already the 27th where I live... that is why we are suppose to start voting next month on the 1'st.

I dont think that is what the In and Out's mean tho... I think its In is how many votes of course... and out is "out of how many people"... I voted 3 times today, but the out number stayed the same...?

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:08 am

grifftron wrote:hope sniper doesn't see this, I need this medal to catch up 8-[

CC is #11 only 2,000+ votes down from #1... should be a party climbing to the top!

-griff

no chance in that happening griff :lol: i bet i was one of the first to vote for CC when andy made the announcement.

voting now isnt worth it until august 1st when we get tracked for voting but if we are up to 11 without full force of voters we should be doing a lot better when we are in the medal week for it,
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:26 am

a-hole! who told sniper!? :twisted: :x

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:10 am

sweet...something useless instead of an actual site upgrade
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby grifftron on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:45 am

lord voldemort wrote:sweet...something useless instead of an actual site upgrade

That was a low blow from a former mod... Your not getting the big picture here lv... we vote to get CC at #1... new people flow into the trap formally known as Conquer Club, lack gets even more money and makes a few updates.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby zimmah on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 am

grifftron wrote:
BunnRee wrote:

They also had all month to vote, we just started voting as we just heard about it, its already the 27th where I live... that is why we are suppose to start voting next month on the 1'st.

I dont think that is what the In and Out's mean tho... I think its In is how many votes of course... and out is "out of how many people"... I voted 3 times today, but the out number stayed the same...?

-griff

both of your theories don't make sense at all.

like i said before this option is the most likely:

IN = the amount of people that followed that link and voted for Conquerclub
OUT = The amount of people that followed THEIR link TOWARDS conquerclub.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

zimmah wrote:
sensfan wrote:We've sneaked up to 11th. Andy, can you explain the 'in' and 'out' scores at the voting page.

i assume IN means the amount of votes for conquerclub and OUT means the amount of visits from that website towards conquerclub.

This indeed my understanding of it as well.

====================

grifftron wrote:hope sniper doesn't see this, I need this medal to catch up 8-[

-griff

Some websites have a 'Thank you for Voting' page, and some do not. It seems to be preference of each individual website.

====================

lord voldemort wrote:sweet...something useless instead of an actual site upgrade

This campaign idea was set-up by myself, so it wasn't taking any time away from Lack's coding time or updates. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby zimmah on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 am

can anyone please help me out on this one?

i know the first word but the 2nd i have no idea.... maybe my english isn't very well lately.

btw, it accepted WTF as an answer so i guess that's how you spell WTF nowadays.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 am

zimmah wrote:can anyone please help me out on this one?

i know the first word but the 2nd i have no idea.... maybe my english isn't very well lately.

btw, it accepted WTF as an answer so i guess that's how you spell WTF nowadays.

Some of the re-captcha images are indeed difficult to understand---that is why they've tasked the human mind with figuring 'em out for the books!

--Andy

Postby mibi on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 am

These exercises are largely futile efforts. As always, the real winner is the topsite owners who convince other sites to drive traffic to their topsite.

You are also driving users to competing sites and will certainly lose a percentage of users to this. Also the type of users gained from sites like these are low value and flighty. I can't say there will be a net gain or loss in users over the year, likely a small gain, but it certainly would not justify the massive effort put forth by users and admins.

There are better avenues for community voting than lame topsites.
Captain mibi

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:42 am

mibi wrote:These exercises are largely futile efforts. As always, the real winner is the topsite owners who convince other sites to drive traffic to their topsite.

You are also driving users to competing sites and will certainly lose a percentage of users to this. Also the type of users gained from sites like these are low value and flighty. I can't say there will be a net gain or loss in users over the year, likely a small gain, but it certainly would not justify the massive effort put forth by users and admins.

There is certainly a chance it is futile effort, but I think we can have fun with the undertaking. And this undertaking is hardly a massive effort. ;)

As for competing websites, if users want to play, uh 'King of the Mafia,' by all means do so. I don't think we are quite in the same niche. :D

Lame Andy, signing off.

--Andy

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 am

grifftron wrote:

That was a low blow from a former mod... Your not getting the big picture here lv... we vote to get CC at #1... new people flow into the trap formally known as Conquer Club, lack gets even more money and makes a few updates.

-griff

I understand the theory...but I know that people are walking out the door because updates arent churning out....especially ones that are desperately needed. Like a baby sitter feature.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby MrBenn on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:47 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
grifftron wrote:

-griff

I understand the theory...but I know that people are walking out the door because updates arent churning out....especially ones that are desperately needed. Like a baby sitter feature.

To paraphrase the guardian spirit chap from Waynes World 2; "If you make updates, they will come"
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby sensfan on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:48 pm

We're in 8th place: the in/out resets every 30 days so everyone starts on the same page in August.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby Frito Bandito on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:21 pm

pitching in
Lieutenant Frito Bandito

Postby Pedronicus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Improve the fucking site and I'll vote like my finger is wired up to an electrode.

The freemium purple pedro
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Pedronicus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Heres some free advice for you lack. no programming required.

let all your mods have a private vote every 6 months if they are happy with their immediate superior. No point in keeping empowered mods in place that make the site no fun to work in.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby jpcloet on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:24 pm

grifftron wrote:

-griff

That equation has not been working for the last 2 years. Used to be over 25,000 active on the scoreboard and over 1300 in the forums on a regular basis. The "trap" can work all it wants, however, a catch and release program is quite useless.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Eternal Shadow on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Pedronicus wrote:Improve the fucking site and I'll vote like my finger is wired up to an electrode.

The freemium purple pedro

I don't understand why everyone complains all the time about things like this. No one is forcing you to pay them, or even play. You clearly enjoy playing or you wouldn't be here. Quit whining until you make your own site and update it every waking hour. Some people have lives
Sergeant 1st Class Eternal Shadow

Postby The Cheat on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Cheat Commandos: Rock, rock on!
:D
Lieutenant The Cheat

Postby mibi on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
mibi wrote:These exercises are largely futile efforts. As always, the real winner is the topsite owners who convince other sites to drive traffic to their topsite.

There is certainly a chance it is futile effort, but I think we can have fun with the undertaking. And this undertaking is hardly a massive effort. ;)

As for competing websites, if users want to play, uh 'King of the Mafia,' by all means do so. I don't think we are quite in the same niche. :D

Righ,t i think fun and a general community pep rally are the main benefits/side effects here.
Lame Andy, signing off.

--Andy

Right, i think fun and a general community pep rally are the main benefits/side effects going on here. As for massive effort, to reach number 1 it looks like you will need some 7k clicks. Thats certainly no small effort.
Captain mibi

Postby pr4wn on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:40 pm

hey thanks, I'm in.
Captain pr4wn

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives