[CANCELLED] 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby jpcloet on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:24 pm

grifftron wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:sweet...something useless instead of an actual site upgrade


That was a low blow from a former mod... Your not getting the big picture here lv... we vote to get CC at #1... new people flow into the trap formally known as Conquer Club, lack gets even more money and makes a few updates.

-griff


That equation has not been working for the last 2 years. Used to be over 25,000 active on the scoreboard and over 1300 in the forums on a regular basis. The "trap" can work all it wants, however, a catch and release program is quite useless.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby Eternal Shadow on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Pedronicus wrote:Improve the fucking site and I'll vote like my finger is wired up to an electrode.

The freemium purple pedro


I don't understand why everyone complains all the time about things like this. No one is forcing you to pay them, or even play. You clearly enjoy playing or you wouldn't be here. Quit whining until you make your own site and update it every waking hour. Some people have lives
Image
User avatar
Sergeant Eternal Shadow
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:35 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (6)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby The Cheat on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Cheat Commandos: Rock, rock on!
:D
User avatar
Corporal The Cheat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: West Michigan
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby mibi on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
mibi wrote:These exercises are largely futile efforts. As always, the real winner is the topsite owners who convince other sites to drive traffic to their topsite.

You are also driving users to competing sites and will certainly lose a percentage of users to this. Also the type of users gained from sites like these are low value and flighty. I can't say there will be a net gain or loss in users over the year, likely a small gain, but it certainly would not justify the massive effort put forth by users and admins.

There are better avenues for community voting than lame topsites.


There is certainly a chance it is futile effort, but I think we can have fun with the undertaking. And this undertaking is hardly a massive effort. ;)

As for competing websites, if users want to play, uh 'King of the Mafia,' by all means do so. I don't think we are quite in the same niche. :D

Righ,t i think fun and a general community pep rally are the main benefits/side effects here.
Lame Andy, signing off.


--Andy


Right, i think fun and a general community pep rally are the main benefits/side effects going on here. As for massive effort, to reach number 1 it looks like you will need some 7k clicks. Thats certainly no small effort.
User avatar
Captain mibi
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: The Great State of Vermont
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5)
General Contribution (3)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby pr4wn on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:40 pm

hey thanks, I'm in.
User avatar
Captain pr4wn
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:15 am
Location: st. lawrence seaway these days
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby reptile on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:22 am

There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

However things like "vote for us" amongst others keep getting plenty of attention and i think it is bull.

I dont always have the most positive attitude towards the dice etc....(lol) though i have brought easily 15 people to the cc web site, i have headed up one of the top clans on cc, i have created tournaments, and i have been a volunteer for the newspaper. Not to mention a faithful customer since 2006! I have even voted for CC in years past in these things, but in all honesty, i really dont think that i will be voting this year...

There are certain things that needs attention that the general population of cc does not see that gets no attention. If it werent for Legends of War i would have been gone long ago, and i consider it all the time... Cmon Lack (andy), please listen to those that care.

Its not the new members that notice things, but the veterans, also it is the veterans that are being lost (and not from boredom but instead frustration)

CC is starting to become a catch and release web site, just as jp mentioned above.
User avatar
Major reptile
 
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:34 am
Location: Highest Score: 3191 Highest Rank: 26th
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 am

zimmah wrote:
sensfan wrote:Doing this for sure



me too, more people on CC is always nice. and having another medal is just a bonus :)

for sure
Image
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby Tisha on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:22 pm

already moved up a few spaces.
User avatar
Major Tisha
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 am
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6)
General Contribution (3)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby DogAlmighty on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 pm

FarangDemon wrote:If CC implements a Clan War Results Database, I'll vote.

What the Demon said.
It would be about time things were done for the clan scene which is the only reason quite alot of members stay premium.
User avatar
Major DogAlmighty
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:20 am
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby reptile on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Haha, there is no way to win either way, that pirate quest one is like one of those facebook apps that you get a whole bunch of stuff if you just click like... or in this case vote for them, the more they do it the more they get. In other words it is impossible to beat them with Conquer Club anyway. Its probably the same for a few of those too.
User avatar
Major reptile
 
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:34 am
Location: Highest Score: 3191 Highest Rank: 26th
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby Ace Rimmer on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

reptile wrote:There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

However things like "vote for us" amongst others keep getting plenty of attention and i think it is bull.

I dont always have the most positive attitude towards the dice etc....(lol) though i have brought easily 15 people to the cc web site, i have headed up one of the top clans on cc, i have created tournaments, and i have been a volunteer for the newspaper. Not to mention a faithful customer since 2006! I have even voted for CC in years past in these things, but in all honesty, i really dont think that i will be voting this year...

There are certain things that needs attention that the general population of cc does not see that gets no attention. If it werent for Legends of War i would have been gone long ago, and i consider it all the time... Cmon Lack (andy), please listen to those that care.

Its not the new members that notice things, but the veterans, also it is the veterans that are being lost (and not from boredom but instead frustration)

CC is starting to become a catch and release web site, just as jp mentioned above.


+1
User avatar
Captain Ace Rimmer
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
reptile wrote:There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

However things like "vote for us" amongst others keep getting plenty of attention and i think it is bull.

I dont always have the most positive attitude towards the dice etc....(lol) though i have brought easily 15 people to the cc web site, i have headed up one of the top clans on cc, i have created tournaments, and i have been a volunteer for the newspaper. Not to mention a faithful customer since 2006! I have even voted for CC in years past in these things, but in all honesty, i really dont think that i will be voting this year...

There are certain things that needs attention that the general population of cc does not see that gets no attention. If it werent for Legends of War i would have been gone long ago, and i consider it all the time... Cmon Lack (andy), please listen to those that care.

Its not the new members that notice things, but the veterans, also it is the veterans that are being lost (and not from boredom but instead frustration)

CC is starting to become a catch and release web site, just as jp mentioned above.


+1

^2
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7059
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby sensfan on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:32 pm

MrBenn wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
reptile wrote:There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

However things like "vote for us" amongst others keep getting plenty of attention and i think it is bull.

I dont always have the most positive attitude towards the dice etc....(lol) though i have brought easily 15 people to the cc web site, i have headed up one of the top clans on cc, i have created tournaments, and i have been a volunteer for the newspaper. Not to mention a faithful customer since 2006! I have even voted for CC in years past in these things, but in all honesty, i really dont think that i will be voting this year...

There are certain things that needs attention that the general population of cc does not see that gets no attention. If it werent for Legends of War i would have been gone long ago, and i consider it all the time... Cmon Lack (andy), please listen to those that care.

Its not the new members that notice things, but the veterans, also it is the veterans that are being lost (and not from boredom but instead frustration)

CC is starting to become a catch and release web site, just as jp mentioned above.


+1

^2

Sadly +3
Image

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516


I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:05 am
Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 pm

sensfan wrote:
MrBenn wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
reptile wrote:There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

However things like "vote for us" amongst others keep getting plenty of attention and i think it is bull.

I dont always have the most positive attitude towards the dice etc....(lol) though i have brought easily 15 people to the cc web site, i have headed up one of the top clans on cc, i have created tournaments, and i have been a volunteer for the newspaper. Not to mention a faithful customer since 2006! I have even voted for CC in years past in these things, but in all honesty, i really dont think that i will be voting this year...

There are certain things that needs attention that the general population of cc does not see that gets no attention. If it werent for Legends of War i would have been gone long ago, and i consider it all the time... Cmon Lack (andy), please listen to those that care.

Its not the new members that notice things, but the veterans, also it is the veterans that are being lost (and not from boredom but instead frustration)

CC is starting to become a catch and release web site, just as jp mentioned above.


+1

^2

Sadly +3

Make that 4.

Also, clan war database or something similar would be cool.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
User avatar
Lieutenant JoshyBoy
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: In the gym. Yeah, still there.
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 am

+5. Only reason I'm back is because I really have nothing else to do (recovering from knee surgery).
User avatar
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy
 
Posts: 11248
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Back in Black
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login