Conquer Club

Official 200 Maps Celebration

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Official 200 Maps Celebration

Postby Rodion on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Leehar wrote:Let the grades come out first ;)

When is that going to happen?
General Rodion

Postby jimboston on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:51 pm

eddie2 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
eddie2 wrote:hey this looks brill samual could you also add players most hated map would be fun to see what it is. only allow 1 vote per section though.

Haha, I think this is to celebrate the maps, but maybe after we find out people's favorites, we can run another limited poll of least favorites. ;) But I'll leave that up to the Entertainment Team if they think they are up for it. :D

--Andy

lol i will bet hive wins it. but it is one of my fav maps :lol: :lol:

I love Hive.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm

agentcom wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:.

if anyone from the entertaining team could answer yesterday s question asked several times by many members; can we get 1 medal for each 5 map participating every single day?

At the end of the event, everyone who successfully identified all changes in a map will receive a medal. It will state how many maps you identified...But only one medal will be awarded, not five.

So what's the incentive for doing more than one map? The official rules clearly state that "For those who can correctly locate and identify all 5 differences for a given map, they will receive a General Achievement Medal!" It doesn't say that there is "limit one per customer" as someone pointed out earlier. At the very least, you guys could offer 2 medals for 2 or 3 and 3 medals for 5. Or something like that.

Glad I found this out before I spent more time on this competition. I imagine there are people who aren't reading through pages of forum posts and just reading the supposed rules that will be pretty upset about looking for differences 5 times and only getting one medal.

Pertinent information for a competition should be clearly posted on the first page BEFORE it starts. Even changing the first page at this point won't help things as many people will think they know the rules (because they read them) and click over to the map competition over the next few days. Unfortunately, they will be wasting their time.

Why does everyone worry so much about medals? The point of the competition is to have FUN, so why bitch about not getting more medals for having FUN. If you consider it a waste of time to do it if you don't get a medal, then it's probably already a waste of time.

I enjoy the game and appreciate the effort put into this game. Looking forward to the next 4.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Ffraid on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:19 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:Why does everyone worry so much about medals? The point of the competition is to have FUN, so why bitch about not getting more medals for having FUN. If you consider it a waste of time to do it if you don't get a medal, then it's probably already a waste of time.

I enjoy the game and appreciate the effort put into this game. Looking forward to the next 4.

=D> Thank you for saying, so perfectly, exactly what I was thinking (Now, get out of my head).
Colonel Ffraid

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:03 pm

The new images are now available. Have fun! ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby White Buffalo on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Am I the first to finish?
Captain White Buffalo

Postby pearljamrox2 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:38 pm

OK, so agentsmith and ffraid don't want their medals, so you don't need to bother giving them any.

That's right, they do it for love of the game. how noble.
Major pearljamrox2

Postby pearljamrox2 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 pm

aww man, that last one was tricky
Major pearljamrox2

Postby Rodion on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:17 pm

I found Classic's more time consuming than Italy's.
General Rodion

Postby pearljamrox2 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:31 pm

yep, perhaps a little bit, but after breezing thru the first 4 on Italy..i was stuck for awhile
Major pearljamrox2

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:48 pm

pearljamrox2 wrote:OK, so agentsmith and ffraid don't want their medals, so you don't need to bother giving them any.

lol, exactly!
if they don t care about the medals; why would they even fill the form and not just play the game for pure fun?
and why do they care if people care for medals? are we allowed to have more thrill if there is a medal at the end? like if i play poker, i think it s more thrilling with money rather than peanuts..

Otherwise, i found the first 4 differences in 5 minutes and I am completely stuck with the 5th one!! damn it s hard! hopefully there is plenty of time. it looked way easier than classic at first, but this last one.....
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Gilligan wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Can the 5 limited edition maps pop up in random this week? Also, thanks to the entertainment team for putting this together. The spot the differences are too hard for me,but they are fun nonetheless.

I disagree that the numbers NEED to be added to the AoR maps. I think that if it is your favorite map, you would know the name AND number.

Yes, it happened to me :)

Thanks. And totally awesome :)
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jackal31 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:29 pm

I just placed my answers in the form and hit submit, and the page timed out in the process. Not sure if the form went through completely or not, should I attempt to submit another? Please pm me and let me know.

Also, I have to agree about the comparison to the first map. Seemed like that one took me much longer to spot them all.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 pm

If you did not see this image, then you should submit it again to be safe.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby qwertylpc on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Rodion wrote:I found Classic's more time consuming than Italy's.

classic was easy imo, but italy had 2 hard ones the other 3 were easy
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Postby Silver- on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:42 pm

The second one was a lot easier than the first one.
Major Silver-

Postby DiM on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Silver- wrote:

The second one was a lot easier than the first one.

they were both really really easy.

they should do pixel size modifications if they want to differentiate people somehow.

right now i bet that almost everybody that participated on both maps is tied for first place :)
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Ffraid on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:02 pm

betiko wrote:
pearljamrox2 wrote:OK, so agentsmith and ffraid don't want their medals, so you don't need to bother giving them any.

lol, exactly!
if they don t care about the medals; why would they even fill the form and not just play the game for pure fun?
and why do they care if people care for medals? are we allowed to have more thrill if there is a medal at the end? like if i play poker, i think it s more thrilling with money rather than peanuts..

I never said I didn't care. People were curious about how many medals they would get. Okay, I understand that. I was curious, too. Gilligan answered. Then people start complaining 'cause they don't think it's enough. I just feel bad for these Entertainment Volunteers who put together these events so that we can have some fun and sometimes it seems like all they get is grief. You get what you get. If it's not enough for you then you don't have to play.

That said, you are right in that different people, obviously, place different values on things. Just because I may not share the emphasis that some people have for medal count, doesn't mean that I have any right to be judgmental about it so, I apologize for that.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 pm

I didnt find one difference on classic after looking at it for five minutes so I was going to go back--well I forgot :( --I did get italy though and in less than five minutes so I know I can at least still see --lol
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby gimli1990 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am

when are we going to get results for classic??
i love we finally got AA otherwise known now as trench YES!!!!!
Highest Score: Major 2329
Cook gimli1990

Postby zimmah on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 am

pearljamrox2 wrote:aww man, that last one was tricky

not sure if my last one is the same as your last one.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 am

Got all 5 for Classic and Italy but it has not let me submit Italy. :(
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby pearljamrox2 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:32 am

zimmah wrote:
pearljamrox2 wrote:aww man, that last one was tricky

not sure if my last one is the same as your last one.

I would like to think it was. I found the others without much trouble.
Major pearljamrox2

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:06 am

Ffraid wrote:
betiko wrote:

lol, exactly!

I never said I didn't care. People were curious about how many medals they would get. Okay, I understand that. I was curious, too. Gilligan answered. Then people start complaining 'cause they don't think it's enough. I just feel bad for these Entertainment Volunteers who put together these events so that we can have some fun and sometimes it seems like all they get is grief. You get what you get. If it's not enough for you then you don't have to play.

That said, you are right in that different people, obviously, place different values on things. Just because I may not share the emphasis that some people have for medal count, doesn't mean that I have any right to be judgmental about it so, I apologize for that.

Don t get me wrong, i am very thankful to the volunteers for their amazing job. just that I believe they took less time to think about the reward for this game, and that it needed to be rediscussed. the reward system was unclear for everyone, even for other volunteers, so it s normal it became subject of discution; you guys brought the "bitching" from us once it was all clear and solved in a fair way. better to talk about it now than when the competition is over..

And no, i don t think it was too easy. it took me over an hour for italy, i ve had serious troubles finding the last one. I found the first 4 in 5 minutes, and the 5th was really something i didn t notice after looking at it over and over.. for me classic was way easier.
Major betiko

Postby White Buffalo on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 am

Just a question, will we be getting stats of the Spot the difference during the competition or after the 5th has finished?
Captain White Buffalo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives