Conquer Club

Official 200 Maps Celebration

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Official 200 Maps Celebration

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:54 am

this one is very hard, i have spend at least an hour looking at this image and so far i only found 3....
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby mr. CD on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:07 am

Evil would be an understatement, but I got them.
Lieutenant mr. CD

Postby White Buffalo on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:14 am

pearljamrox2 wrote:this is crazy. i have spent a few hours straight here. Are my eyes playing tricks on me? I don't want to believe what i am seeing is really it? Seriously?

My thoughts exactly :D :D :D
Captain White Buffalo

Postby sonicsteve on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:29 am

OK, so the one on the right has a little white cursor arrow...

oh dammit, that's my cursor arrow - back to staring at the screen.
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby Dako on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:47 am

If you'd only knew how to use graphics software it'd took you 5 mins for each image ;).
Colonel Dako

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 am

i just hope the 5th one isn't this hard, i really can't find the last 2 and i hope i'll even be able to find them today.

i mean, it's fine if it's a challenge, but this is just ridiculous.

and yes dako, i wouldn't be surprised if people cheated like that.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby pearljamrox2 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:56 am

sonicsteve wrote:OK, so the one on the right has a little white cursor arrow...

oh dammit, that's my cursor arrow - back to staring at the screen.

lol
Major pearljamrox2

Postby pearljamrox2 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:11 am

zimmah wrote:i just hope the 5th one isn't this hard, i really can't find the last 2 and i hope i'll even be able to find them today.

I was getting so angry. There is so much to look at on this map. And being stubborn as I am, I was not going to quit until I found it. Apparently, they don't want to give away 2 medals to very many people. You've got to be relentlessly stubborn to find it.
Major pearljamrox2

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:48 am

pearljamrox2 wrote:
zimmah wrote:i just hope the 5th one isn't this hard, i really can't find the last 2 and i hope i'll even be able to find them today.

I was getting so angry. There is so much to look at on this map. And being stubborn as I am, I was not going to quit until I found it. Apparently, they don't want to give away 2 medals to very many people. You've got to be relentlessly stubborn to find it.

after hours of looking i have finaly found the 4th one, but it seems like there just IS NO 5th.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby CJ Lues on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:00 am

WOW! I found them! Took me under an hour but STILL!!! :shock: :o
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby Silver- on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 am

Good job in the 4th map... The 5th change was hard to find...
Major Silver-

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:06 am

Fractured America = Wow/Evil. Can't decide. We've almost reached pixel sized differences haha.
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:07 am

Also, realized that I missed a map. Eeek! Looks like I'm out of the competition for that second GA.
Colonel agentcom

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:22 am

i really think you went overboard with this one, it's humanly impossible to find the 5th one and almost impossible to find the 4th one. even magnifying the image to 8 times it's original size it's nearly impossible to spot. resizing it back to normal size, even KNOWING where it is, i'm unable to see it.

i also think the Conquer $ one was a bit misleading with the double-chance to the = sign. some people actually thought it was counted as 2 differences, especially because the shadow could be easily overlooked, and the lines in the classic map did count for 2 differences. luckily i didn't fall for that trap.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby s3xt0y on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:45 am

Dako wrote:If you'd only knew how to use graphics software it'd took you 5 mins for each image ;).

less :P
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:51 am

s3xt0y wrote:
Dako wrote:If you'd only knew how to use graphics software it'd took you 5 mins for each image ;).

less :P

in my opinion this should be a contest about being able to spot the images, not a contest about using a grapic toll like photoshop and GIMP. those who can use photoshop/gimp allready have their mapmakers contests. (and even get mapmakers medals for making maps). off course, they put a lot of work into map making so a reward is in place, but making the differences THIS hard to spot, only rewards those that use tools like GIMP and photoshop to spot the differences, because it is clearly impossable to spot these differences without the use of programs.

in my opinion if i would print the images on paper and tried to solve them from that paper, assuming do have a good enough quality printer, i should be able to spot the differences like that. currently, that would have been possible for the first 3 maps, but definitly not on the last one.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 am

what i like the most is when they come here and protest about the differences being too easy to spot for the first 3 maps. well, if you find them so easy, why not try do it with your naked eye guys instead, like the game is intended to be played??
it s like using illegal steroids on a 100m dash and complain about the qualifying requirements being too easy and not enough competitive. hilarious.
Major betiko

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:20 am

Lol, both of the last 2 were extremely tough, and on the same level in my book. Why did some feel one was easier then the other?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby zimmah on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 am

betiko wrote:what i like the most is when they come here and protest about the differences being too easy to spot for the first 3 maps. well, if you find them so easy, why not try do it with your naked eye guys instead, like the game is intended to be played??
it s like using illegal steroids on a 100m dash and complain about the qualifying requirements being too easy and not enough competitive. hilarious.

i'd take it even further, it's more like competing on the 100m dash with a motorcycle, and complaining about the requirements being too easy.

yes, the first 2 maps were quite easy, the 3rd map was just about right, and the 4th one is just plain impossible without aid of programs.

the 3rd one was possible to find with the naked eye (i found it within a few minutes without using tools). but the one that's currently online is not by any means possible to see with the naked eye.

i just started using GIMP just to re-size the image to 8 times it's size and even then it took me hours to find it with the 4th map, i didn't need any of that on the 3rd map. and i doubt ANYONE in the WORLD will ever find the difference with their naked eye. even knowing where to look after finding it, it's nearly impossible to see it.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:28 am

You know to resize you can just do ctrl + scroll?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby DiM on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 am

why do you guys assume people are using some sort of magical programs that automatically point out to differences?
there's no such thing as far as i know.
one easy solution would be to download the image cut it in half then put them on top of eachother and see what changed.
i still wouldn't count it as cheating though. if somebody knows how to do it then kudos to them. it doesn't say anywhere that you must use your naked eye. heck nobody even knows who spots those differences. maybe i asked my wife for help. is that also cheating?

yeah i was one of the people that complained the differences were too easy to spot because they were. the first 2 maps were really really easy, the 3rd wasn't hard either. in fact it was more confusing than difficult.
but after the 4th one i haven't said a single word. that's the perfect level if you want a true competition. if all maps were like #4 we wouldn't have had dozens of people tied for 1st place.

@zimmah, why would you bother with gimp when there's a much more convenient solution? simply hold the ctrl button on your keyboard and use your mouse wheel to zoom in/out. that's what i do. it works in firefox, i don't know about other browsers.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:43 am

DiM wrote:@zimmah, why would you bother with gimp when there's a much more convenient solution? simply hold the ctrl button on your keyboard and use your mouse wheel to zoom in/out. that's what i do. it works in firefox, i don't know about other browsers.

It works on everything in windows
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Madstuthe1st on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 am

Should you still be able to submit your answers if you've already done it? I'm sure I have put in todays answers but when I went back to the page it's allowing me to enter........fairly sure on all the other maps that you couldn't submit again once you've done it once.....

Don't want to lose my 100% record, this one was harder but I rather that personally.
Corporal 1st Class Madstuthe1st

Postby White Buffalo on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:50 am

DiM wrote: simply hold the ctrl button on your keyboard and use your mouse wheel to zoom in/out.

WOW I used a real ruler on my 12 inch laptop and moved in cm it took me 2.30 hours. Your method is fab. Thx ;) ;)
Captain White Buffalo

Postby DiM on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 am

Madstuthe1st wrote:Should you still be able to submit your answers if you've already done it? I'm sure I have put in todays answers but when I went back to the page it's allowing me to enter........fairly sure on all the other maps that you couldn't submit again once you've done it once.....

Don't want to lose my 100% record, this one was harder but I rather that personally.

you're right. that's weird i can also submit answers again even though i did it once.

i'll do it again just to be sure. :mrgreen:

edit//
"You have already entered this contest. Please wait until a new contest starts to enter again"

so i can fill out the form but i can't submit it. i should not be able to fill it at all if i already submitted once.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives