Conquer Club

Conquer Cup I

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup I

Postby cairnswk on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:20 am

I'd like to enter but i'm not paying another $US5 after all the maps you get out of me. Sorry lackattack.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:33 am

cairnswk wrote:I'd like to enter but i'm not paying another $US5 after all the maps you get out of me. Sorry lackattack.

Gotta agree, cairns, you should be auto-enrolled for life for all your contributions. (But I'm prejudiced, I love most of your maps)
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:35 am

cairnswk wrote:I'd like to enter but i'm not paying another $US5 after all the maps you get out of me. Sorry lackattack.

I think some people should get free passes to the Conquer Cup. Would be a nice gesture by CC to award those that have made considerable contributions to the site some extra privileges. Mapmakers, Mods etc. shouldn't have to pay for this. It would probably also encourage some more people to get involved in the site as well. A win win situation the way I see it.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:42 am

Only cool thing I see here is it's mentioned the code can be used by tournament section later on....

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:44 am

IcePack wrote:Only cool thing I see here is it's mentioned the code can be used by tournament section later on....

I didn't see that part. Maybe it would make it less time consuming and I might be able to finish the tournaments I'm starting.... 8-[
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby benga on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am

Why aren't there cash prizes??
Sergeant benga

Postby karelpietertje on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Making us excited about a big awesome update when you're just turning commercial was a mean thing to do.

Granted, the automatic tournaments is a nice update.

I even spent 20 minutes to collect enough points to participate in the conquer cup. I'll just win it so I'll never have to be your survey-filling bitch again.
Major karelpietertje

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Gillipig wrote:
IcePack wrote:Only cool thing I see here is it's mentioned the code can be used by tournament section later on....

I didn't see that part. Maybe it would make it less time consuming and I might be able to finish the tournaments I'm starting.... 8-[

This will definately help! :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:29 pm

You can't convince me that there's not a few players in this list:

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=cup2&cup=1

who will screw up a 6 player esc game and piss off four other people who have invested $20
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:You can't convince me that there's not a few players in this list:

who will screw up a 6 player esc game and piss off four other people who have invested $20

EXACTLY the reason I'm staying out. It's hard enough getting bonus-monkey'd out of a free tournament.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby frankiebee on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Spend 10 minutes filing in surveys to join a tournament... I think it's reasonable :)
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm

frankiebee wrote:Spend 10 minutes filing in surveys to join a tournament... I think it's reasonable :)

I hate surveys and I don't want to be spammed by commercial anymore than I already am. But yes for a "normal" person it's not much of a hassle. I would've not survived it though :sick: .
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Rodion on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 pm

How do I go about gifting a spot in the tourney?
General Rodion

Postby Leehar on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:13 pm

You'd probably have a lot of years of Premium on you? It could be possible to exchange some of that for here?

It's also nice to see quite a few fremiums taking part as well
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby danryan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:You can't convince me that there's not a few players in this list:

No chance of me playing, for that reason among others. Didn't I already pay to be able to join tournaments? This is changing my terms of service.

What a shame, I'm really disappointed.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby MrBenn on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:08 pm

After years of waiting for meaningful updates, and hyperbole about a "big one coming", all we get is a means for lack to raise an extra $15-20k revenue per year.

Sorry fellas, but you can count me out of this one.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby s3xt0y on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Fyi, your credit card free surveys all require credit cards to complete lol.
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:28 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:

EXACTLY the reason I'm staying out. It's hard enough getting bonus-monkey'd out of a free tournament.

Unfortunately every 6th player who's joined so far is below sergeant. There's even two ?'s that have joined :shock: . First round is going to be all about luck by the looks of it. Later rounds will be more about skill. The winner is still going to be a great classic escalating player though.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby sensfan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:29 pm

lord voldemort wrote:There is no doubt this is to make money

True that. I'm going to have to figure out how to get enough credits without giving away personal info

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Wait, so you're telling me I can "sign my dad up for Netflix DVDs because he loves DVDs so much and I would never actually set the account up for myself because I totally already have a Netflix account" and I get free CC points (I'll also cancel before the months over so I don't get charged)?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Bleed_Green on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:47 pm

That would work AOG,, but for me unfortunately it will not since I already have a netflix account and same with dad.. All the Surveys that were of any value required a credit card which I do not understand how that is an actual survey when you are paying for what they are selling and not actually answer something. I am sorry but I will have to agree with most everyone about this issue and find myself extremely disappointed, I try to be an active member of this site and find something like this a deterrent. I may have not been around as long as most and only have been Premium for a year, but I have also paid for 3 other people in the year and what even thinking about helping out HA with a bounty for his tournament since all of the time and hard work his has put in. I think that the Conquers Cup should be free for premiums and if not definitely for all of the volunteers that keep this going, and for a fermium sure charge but also create events that they can participate in to earn their spot into the tournament. This is definitely something that I do not think that I will ever be interested in... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Postby DiM on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm

i've been analyzing the conquer cup prizes and it says this:

Grand Prize
* An Apple iPad2
* A press release sent to 1000 news outlets for your 15 minutes of fame
* Gold Conquer Cup Super Achievement Medal

Semi-Finalist Prizes
* A $50 USD Amazon.com gift certificate
* Silver Conquer Cup Super Achievement Medal

Quarter-Finalist Prizes
* Bronze Conquer Cup Super Achievement Medal

Consolation Prizes
* We'll issue 100 free passes for the next Conquer Cup to randomly selected participants eliminated in Round 1

this means that:
* 1080 people will get NOTHING for their 5 bucks because they'll be eliminated in round 1.
* 180 more people that are eliminated in quarter finals will get a bronze cup. so again pretty much nothing
* 30 people that get eliminated in the semifinals get a silver trophy (crap) and a 50$ certificate on amazon.com. which for some people doesn't even cover the transportation costs so again kinda crap.
* and if you're one of the 5 people that got into the final game but lost you get NOTHING. NOTHING at all, not even a crappy cup or that gift certificate :lol:
* winner gets an ipad 2, 15 minutes of fame and a gold cup.

so what about the finalists? nothing at all? really? :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby anonymus on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Bleed_Green wrote: I think that the Conquers Cup should be free for premiums and if not definitely for all of the volunteers that keep this going, and for a fermium sure charge but also create events that they can participate in to earn their spot into the tournament.

this makes sense..

also what danryan said about changing the terms of what we have already been charged for..

ok end of the day we all got to eat (even Iackattack) but it does feel a bit respect-less agains TO's mapmakers and other active members of the community who actually has filled this site with content..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby karelpietertje on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:28 pm

DiM wrote:i've been analyzing the conquer cup prizes and it says this:

Grand Prize
* An Apple iPad2
* A press release sent to 1000 news outlets for your 15 minutes of fame
* Gold Conquer Cup Super Achievement Medal

Semi-Finalist Prizes
* A $50 USD Amazon.com gift certificate
* Silver Conquer Cup Super Achievement Medal

Quarter-Finalist Prizes
* Bronze Conquer Cup Super Achievement Medal

Consolation Prizes
* We'll issue 100 free passes for the next Conquer Cup to randomly selected participants eliminated in Round 1

this means that:
* 1080 people will get NOTHING for their 5 bucks because they'll be eliminated in round 1.
* 180 more people that are eliminated in quarter finals will get a bronze cup. so again pretty much nothing
* 30 people that get eliminated in the semifinals get a silver trophy (crap) and a 50$ certificate on amazon.com. which for some people doesn't even cover the transportation costs so again kinda crap.
* and if you're one of the 5 people that got into the final game but lost you get NOTHING. NOTHING at all, not even a crappy cup or that gift certificate :lol:
* winner gets an ipad 2, 15 minutes of fame and a gold cup.

so what about the finalists? nothing at all? really? :lol:

To be a finalist, you first have to become a semi-finalist, which earns you a 50 dollar gift card. I don't see your problem.
Major karelpietertje

Postby xobxela on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 pm

I'm not sure if it's just my region, but all the "surveys" I can fill out are just companies asking for a phone number to send ring-tones, sexy pictures etc which if not cancelled will incur many future charges. There must be about 20 of them. I imagine quite a number of people who play this game won't be old enough to have a credit card but will be old enough to have a mobile phone and encouraging them to fill out such "surveys" with a probably risk of them running up huge bills is pretty irresponsible.
Lieutenant xobxela

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives